The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federer all class no matter what Djoko's father says...

+18
laverfan
coolpixel
mthierry
kingraf
break_in_the_fifth
lags72
carrieg4
barrystar
CaledonianCraig
time please
HM Murdock
invisiblecoolers
hawkeye
banbrotam
JuliusHMarx
Danny_1982
socal1976
TRuffin
22 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Federer all class no matter what Djoko's father says... - Page 5 Empty Federer all class no matter what Djoko's father says...

Post by TRuffin Wed 31 Jul 2013, 7:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

I saw this girls pictures on twitter with Federer but here's the full story...

http://twitter.com/bktinoco

@federering well, I had cancer in 2011/2012, and there's this foundation called the Make A Wish Foundation. They grant wishes to kids, teens and yound adults who have life-threatening diseases. I made my wish in 2012, and my wish was to meet Roger Federer. I waited for more than a year, and I didn't really know if they were gonna be able to grant me this wish (you have second and third options) since Roger has such a busy schedule and it was taking such a long time. In June I was told that ESPN was doing a piece on high school tennis and they were gonna film a bit of my school tennis team. So I went there and we had practice and in the end they told us we had a culminating activity that would kinda test our knowledge of tennis. They gave us an iPad to watch something, and it was the Wimbledon 2012 match point (that already got me like really excited) but then after Roger falls to the ground they cut the video and Roger shows up in a kind of home made video or something, and he says "Hi Beatriz, I heard you're a big fan of mine, so I'm inviting you with your family to come watch me play at Wimbledon. Go pack your bags, have a safe trip, and I'll see you there!" (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I freaked out so so so badly. I couldn't believe it haha. All I could think was "OMG ROGER FEDERER KNOWS MY NAME!" Haha. So, yeah, this was on a Monday, and my flight to London was on that Thursday (I barely had any time to freak out) and I live in the US so... But yeah, then I found out ESPN was doing a piece on my wish and it's actually gonna air in August icon_smile.gif anyway, I got there and the very next day I met Roger! First I went to the nike house, where players get their gear and everything, and they actually gave me lots of stuff, all white since it was Wimbledon. Then we went to the All England Club where I was actually gonna meet him. We were waiting on the place where players eat and hang out. However, the guys from ESPN told me we might not see him that day because schedules change a lot. So I wasn't expecting anythint, just sitting watching some practices and someone calls my name. I turn and it's FREAKING ROGER FEDERER. He comes up, gives me a hug and a kiss and then sits down and starts talking to me very naturally. I was trying hard not to freak out haha. We talked for about 10-15 minutes (which I was told later he wasn't supposed to do. He was just supposed to come and say hi and then go to practice but he's a perfect human being and talked to me for a while!) oh my gosh this is getting very long haha I'm working so I have to stop now but I'll continue the story in about half an hour

@federering after that he went to practice, but he told me to go change, because I was gonna watch his practice from inside the court and maybe we could hit a little bit after he was done. He told me that he would send someone to take me to the court because like no one is allowed in the courts except the players and coaches. So I changed and went there, and I was waiting for someone to come take me to the actual court when I hear someone call my name and oh my god it's Paul Annacone. He sent PAUL ANNACONE to get me. So I go to the court and am introduced to Sev and Steph, and then sit there watching his practice with Hewitt (!!!!). After his practice he tells me we're gonna hit for a while and Sev says "but she doesn't have a racquet" and Roger is like "she can use one of mine" (!!!!!!!) so he reaches into his bag and gives me one of his racquets to hit with (!!!!!!). I was really scared because I'm not like amazing at tennis, I'm pretty good, but not out of the ordinary, and even if I was, it was freaking Roger Federer. But Paul and Roger told me not to be scared, it was so cute haha. So we hit for a bit, then he told me to come up and volley and he went up too. Paul told me not to be scared of Roger in the net 'cause it was all pressure, he wasn't even that good haha. Then he served and oh my gosh it's fast even though he wasn't even close to full speed. After that he went over the net, shook my hand and gave me a kiss on the cheek (!!!!!!). Then we walked (and talked) together to the other court where he was going to practice more with Hewitt. I watched this second practice and then after they were done Roger came up to me and said "well that's my day" and we talked for a bit more, and then he said "I'll see you on Sunday" (this was a Friday) and I freaked out because oh my gosh I was gonna see him again!!! So yeah that was it for this day. On Sunday the guys from ESPN told me I was gonna take a tour of the grounds, even though I had already taken one when I went to London for vacation. The more time at Wimbledon the better haha. But then when I'm waiting to take the tour I find out that the people who are giving me the tour are the Chairman of Wimbledon (!!!!!!) and Roger (!!!!!!!). Like, OH MY GOD. So yeah, they took me around, and to the walk the players take to get to Centre Court, and then to actual Centre Court, with everything being explained to me by Roger and the Chairman. After we got to Centre Court Roger had to leave earlier than us because he had his press conference (which I was going to), so he left us there to see a bit more of Centre Court. AND on his way out he talked to the main guy that gets Centre Court ready, to let me actually go there. Like, I stepped on the grass on Centre Court because of Roger. He's perfect oh my god. And then we took a while there so his manager called the girl from ESPN to ask her if we were going because Roger was waiting for me to start the press conference (!!!!!!!!!!). OMG HE IS PERFECT. So we went to the press conference and saw everything, and then on my wait out I passed Roger and he was like "So did you like it? Me getting grilled by the press?" He's always so dorky and funny haha. And then the people from ESPN took us to the players lounge because Roger was gonna sign some stuff for me after he had done all of his interviews (a lot of them) and gotten a award (you know, just usual stuff). I was sitting there waiting for him and it was amazing because I saw soooo many other players. Tsonga asked to get one of the chairs in our table actually haha. I saw Murray, Nadal, Haas, Ferrer, Benneteau, Tipsarevic, Serena, Wozniacki, Radwanska, Lisicki, like, so many of them from up close. It was like heaven for a tennis fan haha. But then Roger finished his interviews and sat at out table with us. I had so many things for him to sign but I knew he was busy so I just took 4 pictures (one for each one in my family) and then 4 blank papers and my tennis bag, and gave for him to sign. He actually addressed the blank papers to each one of us, it was so perfect. In mine he wrote a bit more, and even a happy birthday!! (Did I mention it was my 18th birthday??) And then he asked me "is that it?" and I said "yes" and he was like "are you sure? Don't be embarrassed about it." He's so amazing and kind. So I gave him the rest of the stuff to sign. And he was just sitting there signing and chatting with me, but his manager was telling the guys from ESPN that he needed to go eat lunch, and Roger probably knew he had to, but he would have stayed there the whole day, just talking to us. He stayed a lot more than he had to for sure. But then the people from ESPN tried kinda finishing things up so that he could leave before his manager freaked out. So he went around the table hugging my mom, my dad and my sister, and then it was my turn. He told me I had been through a lot and hugged me really hard and I just started crying so so so much in his shoulder (it was around that time that the picture from my avi was taken haha) He was like "awnn". Then when I let go of him I was still like sobbing and I turned to him and he was kinda tearing up :') I thanked him and then he went.

TRuffin

Back to top Go down

Federer all class no matter what Djoko's father says... - Page 5 Empty Re: Federer all class no matter what Djoko's father says...

Post by laverfan Thu 08 Aug 2013, 1:52 am

TRuffin wrote:Apparently, once the story was out and several forums have had her twitter story of the meeting posted-   "fans" and I use that term very loosely of certain players have been harassing her on twitter and posting nasty things on forums.  Things like "Federer only liked you because your fat like Mirka" etc.......    What kind of world to we live in? Every time my faith in humanity is taken a step forward, I see behavior that brings it two steps back..  To pick on a kid with cancer because she met a tennis player you don't like, to sign up to her twitter and directly post stupid messages to her trying to drag her into a stupid Nadal/Federer war or whoever war is just....... disgusting.

There have been cases, such as a suicide in Canada due to such harassment, a Tennis player taking down her page, because of abuse, etc.

Living socially on the internet, is a very dangerous place, especially for the sensitive souls. I am as disgusted as CalendonianCraig is, because of such behaviour.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Federer all class no matter what Djoko's father says... - Page 5 Empty Re: Federer all class no matter what Djoko's father says...

Post by time please Thu 08 Aug 2013, 7:29 am

I believe there was a 14 year old here in the UK who took her own life last week because of abuse she suffered on the internet - I'm a bit vague because I found the headline so upsetting that I didn't read on.

The internet is a wonderful thing and it is great to chat to you all here, but I do agree with you LF that it can be a dangerous place for sensitive souls.  It is very difficult for a parent I think because you have to try and protect your children from both bullying and predatory behaviour on the internet as well as in the outside world, and no amount of parental protection programs can completely solve the problem.  Indeed, facebook and twitter can be a minefield.  I remember a short period when I was 15 when I was very unhappy at school because of problems with peers, but at least when I was home my family and my room provided respite before I had to face it all again in the morning - the danger now is that facebook is part of nearly every teenager's every day life and if that kind of problem is going on at school, it tends to explode onto facebook and take on a whole new intensity.

Poor Beatriz - what an appalling thing to happen.

Last edited by time please on Thu 08 Aug 2013, 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Thu 08 Aug 2013, 9:41 am

As much I despise cretins who hide behind internet anonimity to abuse and insult people, I'm equally incredulous that someone would kill themself because of abuse they were getting there.

Just don't log on! It's so simple.

There has to be other psychological problems in these cases that end in tragedy.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Thu 08 Aug 2013, 9:51 am

I think your advice is spot on Murdoch but the problem with teenagers is that it is such a vulnerable age if you don't fit in with the crowd - and all teenagers want to.  It is a time when your body is changing, there are extra pressures with school work and everything is suddenly very confusing.  When I was unhappy for a while, my refuge was books, and horses and I poured my confidences into my diary or my horses ears (omg like how pathetic do I sound! Wink ) - the reaction now is much more to connect on facebook and twitter and so the problem intensifies because the bullies usually follow their victims there.

There has to be some place where there is approval and acceptance, and while I agree the best thing is for a child in this situation to stay away from facebook, that very avoidance contributes to making them feel even more isolated from their peers - it is a very vicious circle.

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Thu 08 Aug 2013, 10:07 am

timeplease, I think you are right to look at broader picture. The headlines are that a girl kills herself because of online bullying but there could have been stresses with schoolwork, hormones playing havoc, perhaps not a happy homelife, unrequited love etc etc. I can't believe that someone would make such an extreme response to online bullying if it was the only problem she was facing in her life.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Thu 08 Aug 2013, 10:22 am

Yes I agree - if everything else is pretty ok, then unless there is an underlying psychological problem, internet bullying alone is not going to push someone over the edge because the natural reaction is to go where you are wanted and that teenager is going to either take off and be physically with friends and/or call on support from friends (just as likely today) to abuse bullies back on social networks (I am not recommending the latter btw Very Happy )

I think the moral is that for a lonely teenager the internet might seem like a great refuge at first - a way to rack up your numbers of 'friends' on facebook to boost self-esteem, but because all teenagers stick to pretty much the same social networks, the internet ends up not being a refuge at all, but a continuation of the same stuff they are facing elsewhere.

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 08 Aug 2013, 1:59 pm

time please wrote:My teenage daughter too BB, that and 'like' as a random (omg it's catching!) sprinkling in a sentence as in 'she was like omg where did you get that skirt, it's like so cool and I'm like oh from Abercrombie(/Top Shop etc) but they've sold out and she's like noooooooooo'!!!!  I don't always successfully bite my tongue! Cool

that is what, as you say, is so very sweet about the article that the authentic teenage voice of Beatriz shines through.  It is lovely to hear the excitement and happiness  in that voice despite the ordeal she has been through.

It really makes you stop and check all the things that are really important at the end of the day and just thank God our children are healthy.

lol Murdoch - I'm not one to spread rumours.......but.......Wink

Mine stood (not hard) on a big fat toad (not me) yesterday. The report went along the lines of "OMG Daddy I stood on this toad and it was so gross it made me feel like throwing up, I mean why do they even have them, they're so disgusting I can still feel it on my foot oh my god it's making me gag right now"

Me: Well stop talking about it then

Her: Thanks! Oh it was so gross but you don't care. Anyway, what are you doing that for (note - I was digging)? Look at your trainers! (note - they lack extensive branding) You're so gay!

Ah, being a Dad can be fun.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 08 Aug 2013, 2:06 pm

TRuffin wrote:It looks like the girl will have short feature on Sportcenter ESPN on Aug 21 called "My Wish" for anyone who wants to check it out.

Some other nice news-- apparently Federer has kept in touch with the girl through text and twitter- "checking in with her"  Obviously, she's even more in love.....lol-- but again great stuff from Fed.

On a sadder or really pathetic note:   1st- I'll give guys credit on here that are negative towards Federer that at least you do some with some class and stick to the sports side of it....     Apparently, once the story was out and several forums have had her twitter story of the meeting posted-   "fans" and I use that term very loosely of certain players have been harassing her on twitter and posting nasty things on forums.  Things like "Federer only liked you because your fat like Mirka" etc.......    What kind of world to we live in? Every time my faith in humanity is taken a step forward, I see behavior that brings it two steps back..  To pick on a kid with cancer because she met a tennis player you don't like, to sign up to her twitter and directly post stupid messages to her trying to drag her into a stupid Nadal/Federer war or whoever war is just....... disgusting.
Morons.

Trouble is, to pick up on some points others have made, pretty much most teenagers are a bundle of mess in their heads, extremely vulnerable in many cases. For the vast majority it never gets exploited but if the stars align they can do this without it being fair to describe them as having underlying mental issues.

Being a teenager is pretty close to having underlying mental issues anyway!
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 08 Aug 2013, 2:09 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Perhaps the OP should not have factored in 'no matter what Djoko's father says' then as it kind of intimates that what he says is not true plus all class is a bit of a falsehood as has been pointed out before.

My point is that the loosely titled thread leaves it open to debate. The thread would have been better being called something like 'Federer shows his classy side'.
Yes, lets walk on egg shells to avoid offending you and socal.

F*cks sake, there's something very wrong with people who can't just read a really nice story and either say "well done" or just shut up. I mean, where does this desperate need to pull something down come from? I could speculate but it might offend.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Thu 08 Aug 2013, 2:38 pm

TRuffin wrote:Apparently, once the story was out and several forums have had her twitter story of the meeting posted-   "fans" and I use that term very loosely of certain players have been harassing her on twitter and posting nasty things on forums.  Things like "Federer only liked you because your fat like Mirka" etc.......    What kind of world to we live in? Every time my faith in humanity is taken a step forward, I see behavior that brings it two steps back..  To pick on a kid with cancer because she met a tennis player you don't like, to sign up to her twitter and directly post stupid messages to her trying to drag her into a stupid Nadal/Federer war or whoever war is just....... disgusting.
I'm actually taken aback by this. How vile some people can be. Poor, poor girl.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Thu 08 Aug 2013, 2:52 pm

bogbrush wrote:[ Look at your trainers! (note - they lack extensive branding) You're so gay!
This did make me chuckle.

Chiefly because I suspect you chose your trainers precisely because they lack branding!

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 08 Aug 2013, 2:52 pm

Hopefully she can ignore the. It'll help that Fed has stayed in touch.

Some of these retards could just as easily be jealous Federer fans.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 08 Aug 2013, 2:53 pm

HM Murdoch wrote:
bogbrush wrote:[ Look at your trainers! (note - they lack extensive branding) You're so gay!

Chiefly because I suspect you chose your trainers precisely because they lack branding!
Mrs B buys all my clothes, but you are spot on - I revel in my unbranded status and in the subsequent dismissals by Miss Bogbrush.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Thu 08 Aug 2013, 3:03 pm

HM Murdoch wrote:As much I despise cretins who hide behind internet anonimity to abuse and insult people, I'm equally incredulous that someone would kill themself because of abuse they were getting there.

Just don't log on! It's so simple.

There has to be other psychological problems in these cases that end in tragedy.
I don't know anything about this particular girl but I do have a good idea how teenagers use the internet. From what I've seen it isn't to interact anonymously it's used as an extension of their real life social network. They are generally talking to people they have real life interactions with or people known by those they have real life interactions with. That's why if it goes wrong it can be taken badly. And If they "don't log on" they will often be excluded from a place where much of their peer group "hang out".

bogbrush. You are doing well! The last thing your teenage daughter wants is for you to attempt to be cool...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Thu 08 Aug 2013, 3:11 pm

bogbrush wrote:Mrs B buys all my clothes, but you are spot on - I revel in my unbranded status and in the subsequent dismissals by Miss Bogbrush.
Would it be a speculation too far to think that, despite the unbranded nature of your clothing, your car has a rather more reputable badge?

Because my next step would then be to point out that House cares little for clothing but has a very nice vehicle...Wink

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Thu 08 Aug 2013, 3:18 pm

hawkeye wrote:bogbrush. You are doing well! The last thing your teenage daughter wants is for you to attempt to be cool...
Definitely agree with Hawkeye on this.  There is nothing worse than this type of Dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g3P18rTFMA

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 08 Aug 2013, 3:49 pm

HM Murdoch wrote:
bogbrush wrote:Mrs B buys all my clothes, but you are spot on - I revel in my unbranded status and in the subsequent dismissals by Miss Bogbrush.
Would it be a speculation too far to think that, despite the unbranded nature of your clothing, your car has a rather more reputable badge?

Because my next step would then be to point out that House cares little for clothing but has a very nice vehicle...Wink
This is becoming worrying, because yes. Smile

I don't have a limp.........
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 08 Aug 2013, 3:51 pm

carrieg4 wrote:
hawkeye wrote:bogbrush. You are doing well! The last thing your teenage daughter wants is for you to attempt to be cool...
Definitely agree with Hawkeye on this.  There is nothing worse than this type of Dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g3P18rTFMA
I've told her, I don't follow trends, I set them. She seemed unconvinced.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by TRuffin Thu 08 Aug 2013, 5:16 pm

Agree with everything everyone is saying-- but the most pathetic thing in this case is we're not talking about fellow teenagers picking on a girl, we're talking about grown adults who call themselves fans of a tennis player..

To be fair- I think 99% of the reaction the girl has received has been super positive, and she seems very happy from all the comments back and forth.. Her reaction for the most part to the negative idiots was "whatever"... I think most kids who go through cancer tend to have great attitudes. Federer fans have certainly embraced her and have taken her under their wing.. At the same time- that's created the problem. Once someone got a hold of her story and posted it on the fan forum of Federer's website- the natural thing happen-- people like myself took it and spread it. Now I am smart enough to not post someone elses story on a forum like Bleacher Report where the Nadal fans can be venomous towards Federer fans,etc and the curse words are flying... but I did feel comfortable posting it here where it's a small community with decency. You guys proved me right. At the same time- the story was posted by others in various forums and the small but vocal amount of idiots on those places started in with the disgusting comments. Of course, some well meaning Federer fans tell the girl "hey, we posted your story on such and such" and the girl goes to that forum to check it out... natural reaction......... There she sees the creatins calling her names,etc............ Thankfully, she is smart enough to not go back, but it still has to hurt...... and I just feel terrible that there is anyone out there that wants to hurt a kid-- whether that kid is sick or not. Now the people signing onto twitter to harass her (most of that she seems to have been able to block) are on a whole different level of disgusting. It's just tennis guys..... smh

TRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 08 Aug 2013, 5:54 pm

bogbrush wrote:
HM Murdoch wrote:

Mrs B buys all my clothes, but you are spot on - I revel in my unbranded status and in the subsequent dismissals by Miss Bogbrush.
That is adorable does she dress you and comb your hair for you as well?

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 08 Aug 2013, 9:18 pm

socal1976 wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
HM Murdoch wrote:

That is adorable does she dress you and comb your hair for you as well?
Virtually. She has asked a few times whether I need help in the bathroom.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Fri 09 Aug 2013, 6:02 pm

bogbrush wrote:
time please wrote:My teenage daughter too BB, that and 'like' as a random (omg it's catching!) sprinkling in a sentence as in 'she was like omg where did you get that skirt, it's like so cool and I'm like oh from Abercrombie(/Top Shop etc) but they've sold out and she's like noooooooooo'!!!!  I don't always successfully bite my tongue! Cool

that is what, as you say, is so very sweet about the article that the authentic teenage voice of Beatriz shines through.  It is lovely to hear the excitement and happiness  in that voice despite the ordeal she has been through.

It really makes you stop and check all the things that are really important at the end of the day and just thank God our children are healthy.

lol Murdoch - I'm not one to spread rumours.......but.......Wink

Mine stood (not hard) on a big fat toad (not me) yesterday. The report went along the lines of "OMG Daddy I stood on this toad and it was so gross it made me feel like throwing up, I mean why do they even have them, they're so disgusting I can still feel it on my foot oh my god it's making me gag right now"

Me: Well stop talking about it then

Her: Thanks! Oh it was so gross but you don't care. Anyway, what are you doing that for (note - I was digging)? Look at your trainers! (note - they lack extensive branding) You're so gay!

Ah, being a Dad can be fun.
Laugh girls are so wonderfully dramatic one minute and so crushingly disdainful the next, aren't they?

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by TRuffin Wed 21 Aug 2013, 7:12 pm

The Espn story airs tonight in the USA at 6pm on Espn- Sportscenter.... I think they put it up on their website as well...

Here's an article basically going over some of what the girl described and some quotes from Fed...

http://espn.go.com/espnw/w-in-action/article/9587976/espnw-beatriz-tinoco-serves-federer-my-wish

TRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Thu 22 Aug 2013, 2:05 am

bogbrush wrote:
TRuffin wrote:It looks like the girl will have short feature on Sportcenter ESPN on Aug 21 called "My Wish" for anyone who wants to check it out.

Some other nice news-- apparently Federer has kept in touch with the girl through text and twitter- "checking in with her"  Obviously, she's even more in love.....lol-- but again great stuff from Fed.

On a sadder or really pathetic note:   1st- I'll give guys credit on here that are negative towards Federer that at least you do some with some class and stick to the sports side of it....     Apparently, once the story was out and several forums have had her twitter story of the meeting posted-   "fans" and I use that term very loosely of certain players have been harassing her on twitter and posting nasty things on forums.  Things like "Federer only liked you because your fat like Mirka" etc.......    What kind of world to we live in? Every time my faith in humanity is taken a step forward, I see behavior that brings it two steps back..  To pick on a kid with cancer because she met a tennis player you don't like, to sign up to her twitter and directly post stupid messages to her trying to drag her into a stupid Nadal/Federer war or whoever war is just....... disgusting.
Morons.

Trouble is, to pick up on some points others have made, pretty much most teenagers are a bundle of mess in their heads, extremely vulnerable in many cases. For the vast majority it never gets exploited but if the stars align they can do this without it being fair to describe them as having underlying mental issues.

Don't we see that in this forum itself? some stupid kids compare this with another players achievement and end this thread as another warfare thread?
Kids these days needs psychological behavior classes, they get depressed so quickly and end up harassing others for no reason. Its very pity that a player is abused even for a noble cause like this on a thread like this, its even more Poopie when the little kid fighting cancer is harassed , and the worst part is Fed and Nadal are great friends and their genuine fans never fight its some retards who portray themselves as fans and not actual fans do this moronic act.picard 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Thu 22 Aug 2013, 2:13 am

bogbrush wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:Perhaps the OP should not have factored in 'no matter what Djoko's father says' then as it kind of intimates that what he says is not true plus all class is a bit of a falsehood as has been pointed out before.

My point is that the loosely titled thread leaves it open to debate. The thread would have been better being called something like 'Federer shows his classy side'.
CC you really need some psychological advice as well, on what aspect Fed's class is questioned? for arguing with an umpire in 0.025% of his matches compared to countless sportsmanship and humanitarian awards and social well doings? have you donated 1 dollar from your pocket for a Social cause?

Fed is one of the biggest star in Tennis when it comes to social cause as well, its such a shame that you come here and post pathetic comments on a social good cause thread.picard 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by TRuffin Thu 22 Aug 2013, 1:14 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:
bogbrush wrote:

Morons.

Don't we see that in this forum itself? some stupid kids compare this with another players achievement and end this thread as another warfare thread?
Kids these days needs psychological behavior classes, they get depressed so quickly and end up harassing others for no reason. Its very pity that a player is abused even for a noble cause like this on a thread like this, its even more Poopie when the little kid fighting cancer is harassed , and the worst part is Fed and Nadal are great friends and their genuine fans never fight its some retards who portray themselves as fans and not actual fans do this moronic act.picard 
It's not kids harassing her though- it's adult (so called) fans of his rival(s).. which is even more pathetic.

The ESPN thing was brief but really nice.. It hit on the highlights of what the girl herself described in her blog.. The girls face was just a look of constant "is this a dream" so sweet and pure joy. Federer was goofy and sincere... He told her she could ask him anything in the world she wanted and she asked "why did you cut your hair?" lol........ Good stuff all around. I wish her the best of luck.

TRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 22 Aug 2013, 6:30 pm

On the title: did anyone ever take any notice of anything Novak's dad has ever said? It's great that he is so passionate about supporting his kid but the man doesn't exactly come across as rational any time I've ever seen him...
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat 24 Aug 2013, 4:08 am

Its on the ATP main page now.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5