The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashley Theophane signs with Money Mayweather promotions

+9
Rowley
ONETWOFOREVER
mobilemaster8
KingMonkey
Boxtthis
Seanusarrilius
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Diamond in the rough
wheelchair1991
13 posters

Go down

Ashley Theophane signs with Money Mayweather promotions Empty Ashley Theophane signs with Money Mayweather promotions

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu 08 Aug 2013, 1:18 pm

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/180103-theophane-signs-with-mayweather-promotions

do you see this as a good move for Theophane and what are your views on mayweather as a promoter thus far?

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Ashley Theophane signs with Money Mayweather promotions Empty Re: Ashley Theophane signs with Money Mayweather promotions

Post by Diamond in the rough Thu 08 Aug 2013, 1:31 pm

Good Ashley theophane as there's a good chance of getting on a mayweather undercard! He's not really be an active promoter so far but once he retires I can imagine him being pretty good and having a lot of GBP vs MP fights

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Ashley Theophane signs with Money Mayweather promotions Empty Re: Ashley Theophane signs with Money Mayweather promotions

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 08 Aug 2013, 2:03 pm

Thinks Ashleys career is pretty much done so I fail to see this as anything other than getting him on one or 2 cards for good money as a thank you from Floyd as.Ashely has been training at there gym for several years now on and off and has sparred floyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 08 Aug 2013, 2:09 pm

Good for Theopane and pointless for Mayweather.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Fri 09 Aug 2013, 12:44 am

He's on the Mayweather card against Pablo Cesar Cano

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 09 Aug 2013, 8:18 am

Thats actually a good fight winnable for Theophane

Cano always forces a fight and brings pressure, but is easy to hit and easy to outbox and if the ghosts of Morales and Mosley can beat him then Theophane can

Smith-molina, this fight and obviously lucas-garcia, this undercard is really picking up

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Fri 09 Aug 2013, 9:06 am

Its an amazing card. I can't wait for it.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Fri 09 Aug 2013, 1:25 pm

Yep superb card and unfortunately means I'm going to spend all night trying to stay awake!!

Theophane... I have to trust Floyd here but I've not seen much from him.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 09 Aug 2013, 1:54 pm

Yeh he punches like a wet carp.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 09 Aug 2013, 2:28 pm

Ashley is from my ends

I grew up with him in Paddington he is a good lad and a decent boxer. IMO he beat Garcia and never got koed silly like Khan but he just needed the opportunity that he has now, Its been a long road but now is his chance to shine and he will take it as he really gets up for big fights. Good luck to him.

As for signing with Money May well I have known about this for weeks he has been out there for a while now and has become part of the Money team with people like Ishe Smith and the rest. Its a good move for him as people have mentioned and I am sure at his age he will be looking to make a real go of it. Very disciplined and determined fighter is Ash good to see someone I have known since I was small doing big things.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 09 Aug 2013, 2:32 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
I grew up with him in Paddington he is a good lad and a decent boxer. .
I thought you grew up in Boston onetwo?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 09 Aug 2013, 2:34 pm

Rowley wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
Born in Roxbury Boston jeff moved here at a young age about 2.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 09 Aug 2013, 3:39 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
Rowley wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
And when did you become a girl?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Fri 09 Aug 2013, 4:44 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
Rowley wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
And when did you become a girl?
When he met his boyfriend.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 09 Aug 2013, 5:33 pm

Don't rate Theophane to be honest, more or less just a goodwill gesture from Floyd showing that you get rewards for being loyal to him for years.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Fri 09 Aug 2013, 5:39 pm

He's nothing special but he's a good test for up and coming fighters, he's very tough and honest, Cano is a fight I expect him to win.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 09 Aug 2013, 5:47 pm

Cano is around his level I'd say, Theophane is on the slide in my view too.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Fri 09 Aug 2013, 5:56 pm

With the amount of fighters GBP have around 140-154lbs I doubt Mayweather is going to struggle to find him fights.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down