The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+28
shclaff
barragan
gaelgowfer
goldwolf
ryan86
Roller_Coaster
SmithersJones
TRUSSMAN66
1GrumpyGolfer
Bob_the_Job
hend085
pedro
lorus59
MustPuttBetter
navyblueshorts
raycastleunited
JAS
Davie
super_realist
MontysMerkin
beninho
Diggers
kwinigolfer
incontinentia
McLaren
mystiroakey
puligny
dynamark
32 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 3 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by dynamark Sun 11 Aug 2013, 8:07 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi folks not been around much lately due to new job and no access at work.
Digs I would avoid franchises and any long term property commitments connected to the business.
I very nearly bought into a coffee shop /café a few years ago and in the end it was the hours and time involved which put me off but the lad who bought it is flying .He will be open this morning and doing good business.Anything like that is all about position of course.One of the best businesses I have seen is a café bar in Bristol on the hill up to the Clifton area .opens at seven in the morning and closes at two in the morning.Change of menu and prices late afternoon and lighting /music for the evening trade.
Seen a few things in my new job with a large housing association providing social housing for the unwashed,unemployed,unfit,mentally ill,etc.One surprise is that they have properties and areas where only set religious groups are allowed to live.They call it 'creating communities'?
Hope all are well.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by raycastleunited Wed 14 Aug 2013, 5:59 pm

lorus59 wrote:
incontinentia wrote:
lorus59 wrote:Ireland won a gold medal at the World Athletics. A very rare event. Even if walking has to be one of the silliest sports out there. I am sure Super will have something to say about it. I doubt it will be complimentary.
Ireland actually did pretty well at the dwarf olympics recently. The homecoming was on the news last night, i cant remember the exact number but there were several gold medals won. How did Thailand do?........ that's what i thought.
By saying that, you have just opened the door for Super to make all the leprechaun jokes he can think of. By the way, I am not Thai, I am Irish. I just live in Thailand.
Lorus, that's funny. But I don't think it's leprechauns which are the obvious subject for jokes. Surely something like if only there was a medal for tatty munching.... Wink 

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers Wed 14 Aug 2013, 6:28 pm

lorus59 wrote:
incontinentia wrote:
lorus59 wrote:Ireland won a gold medal at the World Athletics. A very rare event. Even if walking has to be one of the silliest sports out there. I am sure Super will have something to say about it. I doubt it will be complimentary.
Ireland actually did pretty well at the dwarf olympics recently. The homecoming was on the news last night, i cant remember the exact number but there were several gold medals won. How did Thailand do?........ that's what i thought.
By saying that, you have just opened the door for Super to make all the leprechaun jokes he can think of. By the way, I am not Thai, I am Irish. I just live in Thailand.
To be fair Thailand are stellar at the how to sell your daughter into prostitution Olympics so credit where its due.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 14 Aug 2013, 6:29 pm

They do fail a lot of gender tests though.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 14 Aug 2013, 6:36 pm

super_realist wrote:They do fail a lot of gender tests though.
Laugh Laugh

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 14 Aug 2013, 6:37 pm

super_realist wrote:They do fail a lot of gender tests though.
Very Happy 

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 14 Aug 2013, 7:09 pm

Does anyone care about this England v Scotland game??

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 14 Aug 2013, 7:18 pm

Why would they Mysti. But it's needed as a fixture as its not that long to the qualifying matches and he needs a look at the players I guess.
Utterly dull for the fans though. I see our undr 21's who are pretty carp stuffed the jocks 6-0 last night so the future is not bright for Scotland.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 14 Aug 2013, 7:20 pm

I am happy that footy is on TV.. But its only a friendly, I cant think of it as a big game just because the media are trying to tell me it is!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 14 Aug 2013, 7:28 pm

It's not a big game. Only interest  is that Wilshire and Rooney are on the pitch together. Can't believe Wilshire hasn't played a part in a single competitive game under Hodgson. He's crucial if we have any plan to play any real possession football.

Last edited by Diggers on Wed 14 Aug 2013, 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 14 Aug 2013, 7:32 pm

You mean Hodgson.

I didn't realise he was starting- Thats good news!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 14 Aug 2013, 7:44 pm

Rooney and Wilshire will probably get 10 mins each.
Not a bad side really. Im expecting a big season from Walcott if he can stay fit.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 14 Aug 2013, 8:14 pm

We'll see how mock-worthy Irish sport/soccer is when we whoop Wales' ass!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 14 Aug 2013, 8:17 pm

What a horlicks from Walcott and Hart. Dreadful.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 14 Aug 2013, 8:26 pm

Oh dear it looks like england have been told/trying to not make one medium or long ball throughout the game.. Even brazil and germany have the odd long one to mix things up..

we look limited

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 14 Aug 2013, 8:29 pm

Amazing goal. one touch stuff and then walcot with a great finish

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 14 Aug 2013, 8:33 pm

Mysti I hate the way in recent years we just pass it side to side to side in some mistaken belief it makes us more like Brazil/Spain?! As you say you've got to mix it up

Cleverley is miles from being international standard
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 14 Aug 2013, 8:42 pm

Nice passing, all the way from Joe Hart, and good/scuffed finish but Scotland missed having their 11th man there - completely disorganized without Hanley on the pitch.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 14 Aug 2013, 8:42 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:Mysti I hate the way in recent years we just pass it side to side to side in some mistaken belief it makes us more like Brazil/Spain?! As you say you've got to mix it up

England are miles from being international standard
Corrected for you. They should stick to their biennial cucumber sandwich eating eating and running from the rain competition with the convicts.

Used to like Football, but it's just completely unwatchable these days. Surprised Mac likes it so much given it's the sport of choice for Sun readers and White Van Men

Last edited by super_realist on Wed 14 Aug 2013, 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 14 Aug 2013, 8:42 pm

Yes agreed Puttbetter.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 14 Aug 2013, 8:44 pm

Why is Mo Farrah running the line and how did he get that wrong??
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 14 Aug 2013, 8:45 pm

Super, sadly you're not a million miles wrong
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 14 Aug 2013, 8:46 pm

I understand that SR is only a scot in regards to birth right. But lets be honest his team is playing as well.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 14 Aug 2013, 8:48 pm

If England can't beat a bunch of no marks and dead beats like Scotland they don't deserve to qualify for any World Cup.

Until London 2012 we have put far too much emphasis on Football, time to divert resources elsewhere and encourage kids to do something else. As the UK we've always been pitiful at this game.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 14 Aug 2013, 8:53 pm

SR not sure what you point is but you are talking about the past. The strides we have made since lottery funding is immense and that hasn't stopped!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 14 Aug 2013, 8:58 pm

Not fussed about the game and not watching. But good to see Wilshire selected. He needs an injury free season so we can see how good get is. At the moment I am unsure. But an English lad who can pass it on the ground is a start. Scots seem bloody loud though at the start of the game!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 14 Aug 2013, 9:01 pm

Wilshire just been taken off Ben ha!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 14 Aug 2013, 9:08 pm

mystiroakey wrote:SR not sure what you point is but you are talking about the past. The strides we have made since lottery funding is immense and that hasn't stopped!
My perception being that general interest from the public in Football as a whole to me appears to have diminished slightly since 2012.
Long may it continue.

England getting beaten by a bunch of players barely good enough for the Championship and at home. Even if they win this game, they should be utterly ashamed.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 14 Aug 2013, 9:12 pm

Its only a friendly to the english SR. But to the scottish its like the world cup final.. This has no bearing on anything. However just accept what we all are. I don't understand the hyperbole.. And there is nothing wrong with people enjoying the game. We all cant be the best. We are very good at many sports, so its just the way it is..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 14 Aug 2013, 9:14 pm

Don't think the interest in football has diminished at all. 2012 was good white it lasted but I think the interest in the world champs shows that it has not had a long standing effect on the nation. Even froome winning the tour was not as celebrated. Maybe it was because he is sooo fooking dull though. Unfortunately the interest in England footie is decreasing. Though not on the met line after work today..

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 14 Aug 2013, 9:28 pm

First ever touch in an England shirt, not bad Rickie Lambert
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 14 Aug 2013, 9:32 pm

Rickie Lambert Is the new David Nugent. 1 game 1 goal. Remember seeing him as a lower league clogger when playing Wycombe.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 14 Aug 2013, 9:39 pm

I have no idea why we have only given wilf 15 mins. He is the most comfortable player we have on the ball bar wilshire!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 14 Aug 2013, 9:41 pm

Ha I hope not.
I love it that we're now looking to get some crosses in.

Nugent's one and only goal, if I remember rightly, wasn't even really his goal. Defoe has basically scored and Nugent ran in and pelted it from the goal line into the net and ran off pointing at himself. You just don't do that! I remember the look on Defoe's face!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 14 Aug 2013, 9:43 pm

Final ball not the greatest today. But trust me.. He loves the ball at his feet

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 14 Aug 2013, 9:43 pm

Are you talking about Zaha, Mysti?!
Man Utd fan by any chance?? Most comfortable player?!....
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 14 Aug 2013, 9:44 pm

palace

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 14 Aug 2013, 9:45 pm

Obviously. Man u fans don't now much about him yet

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 14 Aug 2013, 9:46 pm

Ha, I see
Can't quite agree with that (Gerrard, Rooney, Lampard, Baines are all clearly just as comfortable with the ball if not more) but he def looks like being a very good player
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 14 Aug 2013, 9:48 pm

tell will tell dude. Time will tell.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 14 Aug 2013, 9:48 pm

Zaha almost got his first england assist!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 14 Aug 2013, 9:49 pm

Lambert should have had a hat trick on debut

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 14 Aug 2013, 9:51 pm

That was a bit of a stroll for england- The score line didn't suggest it but you never thought we wouldn't score more than scotland..

Doesn't mean anything of course

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 14 Aug 2013, 9:57 pm

Great header from Rickie Lambert, in the Southampton tradition of the brilliant Ron Davies (RIP).

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:00 pm

Beating Scotland 3-2 is like beating The Faroes 3-2.

There should be less satisfaction about the result and more concern about conceding 2 goals against hapless geriatric opposition.
Miller humiliating Cahill being the worst offence.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:04 pm

No offence SR but its a friendly and it means nothing. To scotland it wasn't- it meant everything

Spain always lose friendlies- ENgland played very chilled out- did not exert anything at all..they played at about 30% and still should have scored 6. They hardly put any tackles in when scotland has possession for obvious reasons(season starting in a few days) and they scored two goals.. Nothing to worry about , but nothing to be pleased about either

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:22 pm

To be fair, when you think Mali are ranked 32 in the world and Scotland are 50 it puts it into perspective how little the win means.
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:29 pm

I don't agree with much of what Super says about football , its not his game and it shows to be honest. But he's right about one thing , Cahill isn't a top drawer centre half. He's a poor mans John Terry and Terry wasn't that good.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:32 pm

You should try being a Villa fan. We had Cahill through the youths and let him go before giving him a proper chance. He looks amazing compared to Nathan Baker!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:35 pm

Well I did say he's not top drawer MPB...not that he wasn't good enough for Villa....Run 

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:40 pm

Sadly, I cannot argue....
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next