The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+28
shclaff
barragan
gaelgowfer
goldwolf
ryan86
Roller_Coaster
SmithersJones
TRUSSMAN66
1GrumpyGolfer
Bob_the_Job
hend085
pedro
lorus59
MustPuttBetter
navyblueshorts
raycastleunited
JAS
Davie
super_realist
MontysMerkin
beninho
Diggers
kwinigolfer
incontinentia
McLaren
mystiroakey
puligny
dynamark
32 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by dynamark Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:07 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi folks not been around much lately due to new job and no access at work.
Digs I would avoid franchises and any long term property commitments connected to the business.
I very nearly bought into a coffee shop /café a few years ago and in the end it was the hours and time involved which put me off but the lad who bought it is flying .He will be open this morning and doing good business.Anything like that is all about position of course.One of the best businesses I have seen is a café bar in Bristol on the hill up to the Clifton area .opens at seven in the morning and closes at two in the morning.Change of menu and prices late afternoon and lighting /music for the evening trade.
Seen a few things in my new job with a large housing association providing social housing for the unwashed,unemployed,unfit,mentally ill,etc.One surprise is that they have properties and areas where only set religious groups are allowed to live.They call it 'creating communities'?
Hope all are well.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by mystiroakey Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:03 am

beninho wrote:There is no way to stop segregation with the government cutting housing benefits, people with all live within the most affordable areas based on their circumstances. In some areas there will be groups of the same ethnicity.

There is no way of mixing people up. Because the majority of these places are private owned, and the councils have no say over who lives there.

you didn't read what I said. The councils fill this types of housing. You can keep missing the points raised but we arn't going to get anywhere. The councils have 100% say in these schemes. They are privately owned blocks but are paid for direct from the council and filled by them

these cases happen when immigrants first come over but cannot deal with the language and uk systems in place. However point being I think its counter productive

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:06 am

Why let anyone into any country if they need the support of the state?

I wouldn't expect a handout to emigrate. If you want to move somewhere you really ought to be able to bring something to the country you intend to move to which is of benefit to it, or enough money to pay your own way.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:07 am

Benhio dude. You come on with crazy allegations . And you constantly miss point after point. Not sure what your beef is. But you created a strawman that i cant be bothered to get involved in. Stop passing of this nonsense.

stick to the point. I am not going to play this insane race issue you are trying to pass on.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:14 am

super_realist wrote:Why let anyone into any country if they need the support of the state?

I wouldn't expect a handout to emigrate. If you want to move somewhere you really ought to be able to bring something to the country you intend to move to which is of benefit to it, or enough money to pay your own way.
I tried not to get involved with this debate - But Benhio thinks there is more to what I am saying so fair enough.

You raise a good point.

If we stuck these people in multicultural environments from day one- they are clearly going to get into our system and become positive nationals quicker than being stuck in a flat surrounded by others on benefits from the same country who all have almost no knowledge of the Uk or language..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:26 am

I do not believe i have made any crazy allegations. I am trying not to miss the point, and i am not getting into any race issues in any way.

The main issue was that councils have schemes in place where they place people of a certain religion together. This is something you have mentioned, and it is something i have never heard of, and would be surprised if it was an actual concil initiative, though as you mention it transpires that they are not council properties, but councils may assist in helping people move into the properties. That though sounds less scary then stating council funded muslim blocks. The tenants will therefore claim HB to assist with the rent needed. I do not have an issue with this myself, but you seem to. That is fine.

My main belief though is that racial segregation is not an issue but the divide due to caps and rental costs does cause a segregation issue but not in a racial aspect.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:34 am

[quote="mystiroakey"

If we stuck these people in multicultural environments from day one- they are clearly going to get into our system and become positive nationals quicker than being stuck in a flat surrounded by others on benefits from the same country who all have almost no knowledge of the Uk or language..

[/quote]
I understand this is what you believe, but how would it work? You would not be able to give people council houses in mixed areas, as there are people already on the list. So how would it be carried out?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:36 am

Basically what ever is happening or isn't happening in this country

It boils down to two separate ideologies.

You want to give the needy more. I want to give them the opportunity to sort themselves out and become part of the community.

I am not a politician . I just have seen some stuff in my line of work that makes zero sense to me..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:40 am

Right, i deal with housing all day, and i am now talking about in on a golf forum which is a bit sad.. My centre left ideologies are getting the better of me.

Shall we talk cricket?

Think Australia will win this, and i think a couple of changes are needed for England.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:42 am

England will win. This pitch is dodgy. Good start by OZ but we have enough

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:44 am

I'm an England cricket pessimist, all those years of relying on Devon Malcolm to pull off some magic, scarred me for life.

If Warner gets a decent score quickly, then it will be a lot easier.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:50 am

50-50 game now but a few wickets could change things quickly.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:33 pm

Feeling confident now.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:21 pm

Stuart Broad..England's future all time wicket taker I think.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:41 pm

Doubt it. Not consistent enough. He takes lots in bursts but not over a whole series. And I think injuries will catch up with him. Think we need an answer to the 3rd quick though. I don't think it's bresnan. And Barstow needs some time out but not sure who for.

Great win. But I think these teams are closer then 3/0 .

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:50 pm

He's way ahead of Anderson at the same age, but you right about the injury part. But when he's fit he's a top bowler, pace, good line , seams it, thinks batsmen out. Plus he's batting well again.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:56 pm

He has bowled well all series without the reward,

He bowled today like a real quick. Everything clicked and the surface suited him. He was unplayable.

Many England players take time to fulfill there potential. Whether Broad will become as consistent as anderson remains to be seen. But along with bell this series he has been my top england player throughout all 4 games.. Fought hard with the bat, Bowled well with and without reward.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:03 pm

It took Anderson a while to settle down and become so consistent though. He got better with age. But broad is a great bowler at times.

Shame for Christine O. She deserves the limelight all to herself tonight and tomorrow!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:18 pm

CO was amazing Ben. Had given up on her with 10 metres to go, still can't believe she won and I bet Montsho can't either. She'll be kicking herself for a long time.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:43 pm

She was superb. She shouldn't of won that but somehow..just wow. If Kelly Holmes got a dame after 2 Golds Christine has far outperformed her. How good was Fraser Pryce though aswell. So dominant. Though any suspicions or is the just a supreme athlete like usain.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:49 pm

I think she is just like Bokt but wow she killed the field completely. Amazing when you see that happen, like an extra gear.
Yep 3 global titles and a silver for Christine, just the stupidity of the year ban for missed tests but in no way was there the slightest suggestion she ever doped. She comes across as the last person who would really, I was screaming at the tele when she did it. I love athletics when its that good.
Fancy PSD to come close as well.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:08 pm

Diggers wrote:CO was amazing Ben. Had given up on her with 10 metres to go, still can't believe she won and I bet Montsho can't either. She'll be kicking herself for a long time.
Almost looked as if she didn't realise CO was so close to her. Schoolboy error. Slowed down and leant back.

100m Womens winner gave a lovely interview to BBC too. So glad it wasn't one of those "you go girl, oh no you didn't" American's that won.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:01 am

2 locked threads in one day, is that a new record?!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:02 am

Getting beyond a joke today - that's now two replies I've spent time typing out only to find the thread locked by the time I hit "send"

I'm starting to remember why I left this place now

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:04 am

In some ways it was fun while it lasted.

The great thing about the people on this forum is you know that no matter how heated one thread gets if a decent topic of comes up you can expect some great replies and for people to move on.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:07 am

Damn I had a really good reply all typed up, hit send, only to find the thread locked.

I'm offended at my free speech being curtailed in what is supposed to be a free democracy ;-/

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:11 am

Davie wrote:Getting beyond a joke today - that's now two replies I've spent time typing out only to find the thread locked by the time I hit "send"

Because no one was interested in your long and boring replies?  Run 

Only joking Davie. Sorry Hug

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:14 am

Davie,
That's fair enough, or unfair enough whichever way you look at it, but NavyBlue and Barragan have done a fantastic job of modding on here that allows considerable licence without interference from meddling administrators.
For which I thank them and trust to their good judgement.
Hope you stick around as you bring a lot to the forum.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am

Exactly Kwini, Some of the other moderators were ridiculous. The Tennis forum is a joke.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:25 am

super_realist wrote:Exactly Kwini, Some of the other moderators were ridiculous. The Tennis forum is a joke.
To be honest quite apart from the modding its hilarious. There are some real freaks on that board.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:26 am

I once mentioned Federers wife being no oil painting and I was nearly lynched.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:27 am

I imagine it's populated by the pre-menopausal housewives who watch one tournament a year and fancy the pants of Nadal and Federer.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:33 am

Davie wrote:Getting beyond a joke today - that's now two replies I've spent time typing out only to find the thread locked by the time I hit "send"

Tough I'm afraid Davie. Just bad timing. It's not "beyond a joke" either. Mac's 'Duffner' (sic) thread was only ever going to die...and fast. The other one had a clear warning but apparently wasn't being taken seriously.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:37 am

Is YummyMummy still a poster there? She was priceless

And I beg to differ NBS but here is neither the time nor place for that conversation

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:45 am

Not sure I get your meaning but you're right re. the time/place.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:46 am

what's not to "get"? I disagreed with your statement - but it's done now

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:52 am

Davie wrote:what's not to "get"? I disagreed with your statement - but it's done now
Sure is.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:55 pm

That was a shame. I like kirani James not like the drug cheat winner.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:28 pm

This place is modded a million times better now with Navy and Barra than in the 'old' days. So whilst its fair to express an opinion I trust those guys to take everything into account and make the right decisions. Sometime I will agree with it, sometimes I won't, that's life.  
I've no doubt though these guys are trying to do the best for the golf forum and that's good enough for me
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:06 pm

Thanks for the vote of confidence MPB

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:12 pm

No need to thank me Davie
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:01 am

I have to echo Kwini and MPB and add that I think Navy and Barra do a great job on this forum. No sign of the toys out of the pram / take my ball home if I can't get my own way attitude that stifled the board previously.

I'm not a prolific poster, but in my view well done guys.  thumbsup

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:09 am

Davie wrote:Thanks for the vote of confidence MPB
Davie, having re-read my message i can see why you made your above post now.
I wasn't meaning modded better now in comparison to when it was you, 'Mav' etc. I meant in terms of no interference from the green guys and non golf forum types, it seems to be a better set up now. I'm sure you would have done just as good a job as the current guys given the current set up.

I didn't mean any offence! censored
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:41 am

Ireland won a gold medal at the World Athletics. A very rare event. Even if walking has to be one of the silliest sports out there. I am sure Super will have something to say about it. I doubt it will be complimentary.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:01 am

Irish Sports Personality of The Year now requires two seats

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:28 am

I see a Sky News cameraman has been shot dead in Cairo - that place is out of control, will turn in to Syria the way things are going.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:42 am

It seems that the Arab spring was good in theory, but has it worked out so well in the end?

I am no middle east expert so i really do not know. But it still seems that people are being killed and persecuted, just different groups then before.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:42 am

Getting messy that's for sure. It's always been the Army in real charge there, has been for decades. Maybe Morsi was getting a little uppity...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:14 am

...which leads back to the discussion last week:
Nobody mentioned an important fact: that the British teamed up with the local Arab tribes to fight the Ottoman empire during WWI in order to kick them out of the Arab peninsula. In return the Arabs were promised their indenpendence. We all know that didn't happen. In stead Britain and France divided the loot and the countries didn't gain independence until after WWII. Many Arabs haven't forgot that. And then on top came of course the issue with Palestine further p1ssing many off.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:07 am

lorus59 wrote:Ireland won a gold medal at the World Athletics. A very rare event. Even if walking has to be one of the silliest sports out there. I am sure Super will have something to say about it. I doubt it will be complimentary.
Ireland actually did pretty well at the dwarf olympics recently. The homecoming was on the news last night, i cant remember the exact number but there were several gold medals won. How did Thailand do?........ that's what i thought.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:18 am

incontinentia wrote:
lorus59 wrote:Ireland won a gold medal at the World Athletics. A very rare event. Even if walking has to be one of the silliest sports out there. I am sure Super will have something to say about it. I doubt it will be complimentary.
Ireland actually did pretty well at the dwarf olympics recently. The homecoming was on the news last night, i cant remember the exact number but there were several gold medals won. How did Thailand do?........ that's what i thought.
By saying that, you have just opened the door for Super to make all the leprechaun jokes he can think of. By the way, I am not Thai, I am Irish. I just live in Thailand.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next