The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+28
shclaff
barragan
gaelgowfer
goldwolf
ryan86
Roller_Coaster
SmithersJones
TRUSSMAN66
1GrumpyGolfer
Bob_the_Job
hend085
pedro
lorus59
MustPuttBetter
navyblueshorts
raycastleunited
JAS
Davie
super_realist
MontysMerkin
beninho
Diggers
kwinigolfer
incontinentia
McLaren
mystiroakey
puligny
dynamark
32 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by dynamark Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:07 pm

Hi folks not been around much lately due to new job and no access at work.
Digs I would avoid franchises and any long term property commitments connected to the business.
I very nearly bought into a coffee shop /café a few years ago and in the end it was the hours and time involved which put me off but the lad who bought it is flying .He will be open this morning and doing good business.Anything like that is all about position of course.One of the best businesses I have seen is a café bar in Bristol on the hill up to the Clifton area .opens at seven in the morning and closes at two in the morning.Change of menu and prices late afternoon and lighting /music for the evening trade.
Seen a few things in my new job with a large housing association providing social housing for the unwashed,unemployed,unfit,mentally ill,etc.One surprise is that they have properties and areas where only set religious groups are allowed to live.They call it 'creating communities'?
Hope all are well.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by puligny Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Dy - I thought that was called a ghetto!

puligny

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by mystiroakey Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:18 pm

Yep worked in those Muslim only blocks in south london. They are completely shocking from my POV..

We pat test there ovens- councils pay!!(comes out of our taxes!!)

90% can't speak english. They might as well not be here- Complete segregation..

I just can't see the long term benefit with it at all!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:29 pm

mystiroakey wrote:90% can't speak english. They might as well not be here- Complete segregation
Too right mysti. We should be using our Romanian builders to knock up some gas chambers for that lot.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:37 pm

Maybe not quite so militant- Just stick them in multicultural communities would be my idea!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:14 pm

I find the Bulgarians very reliable.
I should have spotted the clue in the name-Mahatma Ghandi house.
Real eye opener for me living in a rural village and now working mainly inner city.waiting to get into a building in town on Friday and a bus pulled up.Pretty full everyone alighted and there was just one 'white English'person.Just an observation.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:38 pm

Ah - alighted. Surely the most confusing word for any non English speaker! Anyone got a better one?

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:53 pm

antidisestablishmentarianism
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:10 am

Inco - does exactly what it says on the tin. Status quo?
Whereas alight, used rarely by Brits, but often by bus and train companies!

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:25 am

bus and train companies . . . . . and Rolf Harris

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:35 am

If that god damn sky sports ad with David Beckham comes on one more time I will put my fist through the tv!!!

"For once in my life I have someone who needs me, blah blah blah blah blah" x 100,000

I thought the "I'm Spartacus" heineken ad a few months ago was bad but this is worse, why must they force feed us this sh*te every 5 minutes??!!

incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:11 am

incontinentia wrote:If that god damn sky sports ad with David Beckham comes on one more time I will put my fist through the tv!!!

"For once in my life I have someone who needs me, blah blah blah blah blah" x 100,000

I thought the "I'm Spartacus" heineken ad a few months ago was bad but this is worse, why must they force feed us this sh*te every 5 minutes??!!

Well...it's certainly made a lasting impression on you. Even more so if you do punch your tele.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:07 am

If people don't want to speak English or choose to live with people they feel comfortable with then where's the problem? Maybe the Spaniards in Andalusia say the same about the brits in southern Spain.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:18 pm

beninho wrote:If people don't want to speak English or choose to live with people they feel comfortable with then where's the problem? Maybe the Spaniards in Andalusia say the same about the brits in southern Spain.
I think the problem is clear. Its about contributing to the society they have moved to.. The brits in southern spain go there and aid the economy.

Its not a fair or valid comparison

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:24 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
beninho wrote:If people don't want to speak English or choose to live with people they feel comfortable with then where's the problem? Maybe the Spaniards in Andalusia say the same about the brits in southern Spain.
I think the problem is clear. Its about contributing to the society they have moved to.. The brits in southern spain go there and aid the economy.

Its not a fair or valid comparison
How do they contribute? Or rather how in a way that asians in the uk don't? Try the Dordogne in France, another English settlement..
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:42 pm

They take their own money with them and spend it and many set up there own business.

The housing I have been talking about(Muslim only) Is all state funded. I contract on them and bill the councils..

As I have stated I am not saying to get rid of them at all. But just to get them in to multicultural communities and get them a part of London rather than there own little mini Mumbai. I think segregation is a bad thing. that is my political stance. The brits in spain are going with no help from anyone bar there own aspirations..

There has never once been any talk of the thornton heath or birmingham etc asian communities(that they have set up off there own back). Just the council/govt funded Single religion blocks.. So comparing The french ex pats or spanish ex pats isn't the point of this discussion.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:59 pm

mystiroakey wrote:

As I have stated I am not saying to get rid of them at all. But just to get them in to multicultural communities and get them a part of London rather than there own little mini Mumbai. I think segregation is a bad thing. that is my political stance. The brits in spain are going with no help from anyone bar there own aspirations..

Agreed. But I'm not convinced that loads of brits taking advantage of our ridiculous housing boom and buying up loads of property abroad does the locals there much good either. Opening English pubs and nail salons does not generate much for locals I would imagine...

MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:01 pm

Its completely up to them though Monty- Its a free Europe..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:16 pm

mystiroakey wrote:They take their own money with them and spend it and many set up there own business.

The housing I have been talking about(Muslim only) Is all state funded. I contract on them and bill the councils..

There has never once been any talk of the thornton heath or birmingham etc asian communities(that they have set up off there own back). Just the council/govt funded Single religion blocks.. So comparing The french ex pats or spanish ex pats isn't the point of this discussion.

Seems ridiculous Oakey. Getting housing on the sort of fairytale you believe in. THe only property I'd give them would be a room in a mental hospital

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:25 pm

Smile

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:34 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Its completely up to them though Monty- Its a free Europe..
exactly the point
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:36 pm

You are confusing me Monty..

I am talking about how our government panders to immigrants in this country(which i believe is actually a negative to our country and them).

They would never in a million years have that approach in spain!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:39 pm

Do you know why there are so many asians in the uk?
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:40 pm

Not sure what that has to do with the point. But yes there are many reasons and I possibly now more than you about it. I am not going to list them all because its not even the point of the discussion.

BTW we are talking about Muslims not necessarily Asians.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:43 pm

What I mean is the reasons they are here in the first place. Paxman did a programme on it last year on bbc 4 and I was surprised about how little I knew about why there were so many here that's all. Not sure I would leave my family and home to work for a pittance in an inhospitable land.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:45 pm

If I was from a country that treated the citizens badly I would be the first to get out and try to come to a country like England or Germany or the US.

BUt I wouldn't expect everything handed on a plate when I got there.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:50 pm

No I meant the uk was inhospitable!
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:52 pm

Weird assessment mate. It couldn't be more hospitable. That is the highlighted problem.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:54 pm

Not sure an Asian immigrant would share the same assessment though.
Still at a little over 16% non white British I think we are quite a way off from being over run...
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:00 pm

You are debating a line that has nothing to do with the point. But I will tell you that I have no problem with Immigration. I have lived in and around south london all my life and never once have i seen muslim/christian hate or south asian/white hate..

However when I see segregation(as highlighted with the muslim only blocks) I don't see a long term aid for the issues we have here in this country..(however marginal they actually are)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:11 pm

Agreed, but I'm not sure that many people welcome the integration, even though it would go a great way to alleviate racial tensions (by that I mean the mainly white daily heil UKIP voters). Even now if an asian moves into the street in some parts of the uk it can mean most of the street selling up and property prices falling
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:14 pm

Its an easy way out isn't it monty. Stick the chavs in one estate. Stick the fresh Muslim/asians(that would have a problem getting work etc) in another place..

It is a short term view IMO and eases the strain socially .

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:38 pm

Yep it happens round here. We had a lovely small village with small local shop and pub which had a thousand homes built on some rough land behind it. They moved all the problem families out of the local towns and put em all in the one place. Now the house prices have plummeted, the pub and shop closed, and there is even less for the feral kids to do out in the sticks than in the town. I worked for a small company that had to clean the properties when the families had moved out. Really had to be seen to be believed. Baths full of raw sewage. Incredible.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:40 pm

What is all this Bullsh*t about those foreigners coming over here and taking houses and having estates given to them? Its just nonesense. I have never seen a housing estate or area which will stick to one religion. As i do not believe that you can do that. Social housing is given to people in the highest need, in some areas there will be a lot of non english, because this is where they have chosen to live.

Its really not very easy to come and get help from the state, and what help is provided is minimal, fancy living on £75pw?

It seems that some people believe the right wing rantinsg of Ukip and the Daily Mail.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:53 pm

Benhio no disrespect but you are talking total nonsense..

I have contracts in single religion blocks(not estates- not houses- flats and very small ones at that).. Another poster also is aware of them and he brought it up..

But hey believe what you want- Take the ridiculous paranoid stance all you want-Exaggerate what people are saying!

You are just guessing and trying to push a crazy agenda.. We are talking Real facts..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:01 pm

Its not something i have ever seen or heard of, you say these Muslim only blocks, are state funded, as in owned and built by the council with the sole responsibility of housing Muslim tenants? Its not just in an area where Muslim tenants would rather live, and therefore potential other tenants decide against the accommodation? or in a high non English area, where the majority of people are Muslims?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:08 pm

ok.

I will explain. many people set up blocks of flats at the low end of the scale..

They take Housing benefit tenants only. In this case not only are they only taking housing benefit tenants only but also only muslims.. This can be run though muslim organizations to aid muslims that come to the Uk or councils themselves..

The organizations that own the block of flats- could be just private individuals all the way up to a big firm like places for people(another organisation that is my client)

However they are filled by the councils instructions..

However In my mind we should be pushing for inclusion over segregation..And mix the ethnicities about more, not help the segregation.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:32 pm

I do find it totally crazy that when people discuss issues about minorities or integration. People just jump on key words and just attack. Rather than trying to grasp the situation and point.

In london it is very typical that the council housing estates(built and owned by councils) are filled with white/black ethnicities and the privately owned inner city converted blocks or large blocks of flats could be filled with muslims(but used by councils as they isnt enough council houses available -therefore the councils have to deal privately)

No one on here has mentioned that muslims are taking over or muslims are evil or muslims are getting given everything.

The point has always been about segregation and is this the correct approach?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:33 pm

Thats more understandable, its a private run block with tenants paying a private (not council) landlord the rent through the HB system. But the LL accept referrals from local councils for people in need. Thats fine and understandable to me.

The idea of mixing ethnicities would depend on the areas people live in, and the council/social housing available. After Maggie and her RTB scheme some councils do not have owned estates as before, so it is harder for segregation to be an issue. Other then that a lot will be individual choice, people just prefer to live with similar people.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:40 pm

Well the point being is that it isn't up to the immigrant or a single white mother chav where they want to live.. hey are put where the councils want them!
The councils allocate- on or off record(i have no idea) single religion blocks in london..

I don't believe this is the way to go. Yes if we started mixing every one up we may get a lot worse before we get better- But for me its the better long term approach.. Rather than allowing these boundaries all over our country!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:42 pm

The main segregation issues are not ethnic based, they are the haves and have nots. Main problem being the cuts in housing benefit for the people that need assistance with rent. This has led to more people on HB having to move to cheaper areas. This is the main segregation issues that i can see. Ethnic segregation is not a massive issue. Its the poor and the not poor.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:44 pm

Benhio we all have the ability to earn. If you are poor you cant blame anyone else for it.

I will never buy that argument ever. This is a pretty free country. And if you want to earn. Whatever you ethnicity, what ever your education,. whatever your spelling ability Smile , you can earn!!

Ethnic segregation is an issue(you may not see it) but i do.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:33 am

There is no way to stop segregation with the government cutting housing benefits, people with all live within the most affordable areas based on their circumstances. In some areas there will be groups of the same ethnicity.

There is no way of mixing people up. Because the majority of these places are private owned, and the councils have no say over who lives there.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:34 am

With the new council housing system isn't it all bid placed now ? You get to bid on what you are eligible for and then work your way up the list.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:44 am

yes that true Digs. These only release very few council houses on a weekly basis, and is based on a persons need. This is because of such a chronic shortage of housing, the council very rarely offers direct properties to tenants. People have a choice on the properties they want to bid for aswell.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:49 am

Benhio you are going around in circles mate. I don't think you understand the actual system in place.(what actually happens on the ground) You are just quoting policy.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:51 am

As 8t has been mentioned there are muslem only blocks in london. You dont have believe it but its fact. And 100% paid for from housing.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:57 am

What does it matter if there is a block of flats somewhere where all residents are muslims? You are not sure if it is owned by the council, but it makes properties available for people that approach the council, who would therefore offer the available properties to people that are interested in this accommodation. If they are interested they accept. Nothing has been mentioned that states that the council are running a muslim only block, just that they are helping some people get accommodation in said block. And these people are claiming housing benefit to live there, which is fine. I do not see the issue?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:57 am

That's ridiculous, you should get housing based on your circumstances, not your gullibility level. Religious heritage should be completely discounted.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:00 am

Housing is based on circumstances! Makes no difference if you are black/white christian or Sikh. You get a rating and then bid. If you are homeless you get offered accommodation depending on the reasons for your homelessness. But it seems that a small block somewhere has lots of Muslims, but no one really knows much about it other then that.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next