The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+15
westisbest
Duty281
JAS
Galted
superflyweight
I'm never wrong
JuliusHMarx
lostinwales
Davie
dynamark
McLaren
Soul Requiem
pedro
beninho
super_realist
19 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:21 pm

beninho wrote:Should we be there?

Well if you dont mind whats happening now and support sharia law then I guess not.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:24 pm

super_realist wrote:

Well if you dont  mind whats happening now and support sharia law then I guess not.

Should we invade every country where we aren't keen on the people or religious views? We've never invaded Saudi, Turkmenistan, North Korea.

beninho

pedro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:25 pm

And while I've seem the news, I'm not sure whether we have invaded Myanmar

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:27 pm

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Well if you dont  mind whats happening now and support sharia law then I guess not.

Should we invade every country where we aren't keen on the people or religious views? We've never invaded Saudi, Turkmenistan, North Korea.  

Well, thats very true, but why not intervene where you can. Stoning women to death for adultery is as awful as throwing a still living woman on her husbands funeral pyre and we stopped that so why not?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:29 pm

beninho wrote:And while I've seem the news, I'm not sure whether we have invaded Myanmar

No, we just blow smoke up the arse of a criminal like Aung San Suu Kui.
You certainly cant protect everyone and cant invade everywhere, but probably best not to abandon a country youre already in to some murderous islamist savages.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:12 pm

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1427271395101143043?s=09

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:07 pm

beninho wrote:https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1427271395101143043?s=09

To think that we consider British politics bad. I actually domt think Trump or Biden will be alive at the next election.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:34 pm

Are the chants about the chelsea "rent boys" actually homophobic?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:07 pm

McLaren wrote:Are the chants about the chelsea "rent boys" actually homophobic?

Depends if you think the rent boy term is being used as a term of abuse. Or you may be one of those stupid fans who think it's because he is on loan from Chelsea and rented to Norwich.

When I was a kid, people used to sing he's gay, he's bent, his arse is up for rent. That's pretty homophobic, but its basically the rent boy thing.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:58 pm

I think I might be one of those stupid fans.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:44 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Well, thats very true, but why not intervene where you can. Stoning women to death for adultery is as awful as throwing a  still living woman on her husbands funeral pyre and we stopped that so why not?
Naive to think that military interventions can suddently enlighten medieval thinking cave dwellers. You may be able to shut them in or shut them up, but you can’t shut their arse. The age of enlightenment took 2 centuries here. Why should it only take 20 years in Afghanistan? I say, get out of there, and, in the future, stay away from places where we have no national interest. I feel sorry for the people, but we can’t/shouldn’t save the world, at least not with our soldiers lives.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:30 am

No one said it could enlighten them, but it kept them at bay.
Biden didnt need to carry out Trumps plan. He has canelled loads of his plans already, but he's blaming Trump now for this. Bizarre. Hes as bad a President as Trump was.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:32 am

McLaren wrote:I think I might be one of those stupid fans.

Im surpriswd at that Mac. I thiugjt youd be far too woke to make such a chant.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:18 am

super_realist wrote:

Thinking its not great calling people rent boys, is woke?

The thing that surprises me, is the numbers of people who claim to not no what a rent boy is!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:24 am

super_realist wrote:No one said it could enlighten  them, but it kept them at bay.
Biden didnt need to carry out Trumps plan. He has canelled loads of his plans already, but he's blaming Trump now for this. Bizarre. Hes as bad a President as Trump was.
You can't really blame Biden (or Trump) for logistical details of the retreat. It more likely appears that Pentagon and the state department are amateurs, as timing and overall plan for the pull out was made and executed by them. They have had bad intel and poor diplomatic skills in liaising with the Afghan government about this whole operation. I remind that a week ago Taliban only controlled a quarter of Afghanistan.

And suggesting that the Biden should cancel Trumps plan to pull out all together is a bit Monday morning quarterbacking (as they say over there). Nobody wants that war anymore and there's no good time to pull out. We can't stay there forever.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:49 am

My understanding is that Trump reduced the troops by 50% as part of his talks with the Taliban. Should the US have increased the numbers again, if they didn't pull out?

I also see that the UK reduced the aid to Afghanistan by 75% in the last year. But Raab has said we an increase by 10%, maybe.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:01 am

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

The thing that surprises me, is the numbers of people who claim to not no what a rent boy is!

Jesus Beninho, Mac plays the ultra left, liberal, right on, offence archaelogist, woke martyr and professional offensee.

I am surprised due to that that Mac would even associate himself with any form of football support.
"No"? Know surely

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:49 am

https://twitter.com/GavinBarwell/status/1427526021126008859?s=19

This is quite interesting. If the US isn't going to get involved, and in all likelihood the impact will be on Europe, surely European countries should step in, and not rely on the US forces.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:52 am

Bob Dylan seems to be in a spot of hot water. Never saw the appeal of this guy. One of the worst singing voices one can imagine. Makes Leonard Cohen sound interesting.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:55 am

super_realist wrote:Bob Dylan seems to be in a spot of hot water. Never saw the appeal of this guy. One of the worst singing voices one can imagine. Makes Leonard Cohen sound interesting.

If you're concentrating on his voice you're missing the point.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:05 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:Bob Dylan seems to be in a spot of hot water. Never saw the appeal of this guy. One of the worst singing voices one can imagine. Makes Leonard Cohen sound interesting.

I dont like his music either. Its a dirge.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:08 pm

Bob Dylan, not for me Clive.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:09 pm

super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

Lyrically too high brow for you then.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:18 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

No, just not a fan of deadbeat, drug addled hippies.
I like a decent lyric, but doesnt mean you have to sound like a punctured bagpipe. Music is supposed to be a pleasure isnt it?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:18 pm

beninho wrote:Bob Dylan, not for me Clive.

Andy Townsend?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:33 pm

super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

I like a decent lyric, but doesnt mean you have to sound like a punctured bagpipe. Music  is supposed to be a pleasure isnt it?

A lot of good music was made by those drug addled hippies. It's ok though i'm sure something like One Direction is more up your street.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:34 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

I like a decent lyric, but doesnt mean you have to sound like a punctured bagpipe. Music  is supposed to be a pleasure isnt it?

A lot of good music was made by those drug addled hippies. It's ok though i'm sure something like One Direction is more up your street.

Youre right, but such musicians dont necessarily sound like them whilst performing.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:42 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

Watermelon Sugar is a very good pop song.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:44 pm

To be fair, I like, Mr tambourine man and like a rolling stone, probably a few more. I just wouldn't class myself as a fan.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:55 pm

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

I am well aware what a rent boy is. I just see this is disparaging of sex workers rather than homophonic. Which in itself should be enough to stop people using it as an insult.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:57 pm

super_realist wrote:

So, you are just writing off most of the great music from the 60's and 70's?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:12 pm

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Did you miss the point Mac? A lot of music might well have been drug influenced, bit it doesnt mean you have to sound like a SEN like Dylan.

Im on record as not liking The Beatles, theyre like a 1960's Coldplay.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:13 pm

McLaren wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

I am well aware what a rent boy is. I just see this is disparaging of sex workers rather than homophonic. Which in itself should be enough to stop people using it as an insult.

Would agree with you Mac, its not homophobic

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:17 pm

So, when football fans shout Chelsea rent boy, they mean the abusive bit is that sex worker part not that, in general rent boys are gay? But didn't the chant cone from an old story of a Chelsea headhunter getting caught with a rent boy?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:18 pm

I have no idea how calling soneone a rent boy, isn't just a way of calling someone gay in a derogatory way.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:25 pm

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Did you miss the point Mac? A lot of music might well have been drug influenced, bit it doesnt mean you have to sound like a SEN like Dylan.

Im on record as not liking The Beatles, theyre like a 1960's Coldplay.

Oooh i'd like to see you qualify that final comment?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:32 pm

I find it hard for anyone, with a passing interest in music, to say I hate the beatles. Especially considering how varied their songs were. Some songs a bit neh, but some still sound great. I recently listened to Golden Slumbers, carry the weight and the end. Brilliant trio of songs.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:47 pm

Ben

I don't like the Beatles. And will probably borrow supers "1960's coldplay" remark in future.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:48 pm

beninho wrote:I find it hard for anyone, with a passing interest in music, to say I hate the beatles. Especially considering how varied their songs were. Some songs a bit neh, but some still sound great.  I recently listened to Golden Slumbers, carry the weight and the end. Brilliant trio of songs.

I like some of their songs, just not most of them.
Having an interest in music doesnt mean you jave to default like the Beatles. Music is far too varied to make it mandatory.

Why are The Beatles and Dylan treated like some sort of cult which cant be criticised?
I dont like them, thats all there is to it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:49 pm

McLaren wrote:Ben

I don't like the Beatles. And will probably borrow supers "1960's coldplay" remark in future.

What is it you don't like?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:51 pm

beninho wrote:I have no idea how calling soneone a rent boy, isn't just a way of calling someone gay in a derogatory way.

But what is for sure is that it is being derogatory about sex workers. Often people in dire situations. Not a surprise to hear it from Chelsea fans.

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:52 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:I find it hard for anyone, with a passing interest in music, to say I hate the beatles. Especially considering how varied their songs were. Some songs a bit neh, but some still sound great.  I recently listened to Golden Slumbers, carry the weight and the end. Brilliant trio of songs.

Having an interest in music doesnt mean you jave to default like the Beatles. Music is far too varied to make it mandatory.

Why are The Beatles and Dylan treated like some sort of cult which cant be criticised?

So you do like the beatles?

You dont have to love them or be a fan, or even like every song. But my point, which you seem to accept is, that with such a wide varied catalogue its hard to say you don't like every song.

It's like people who say I don't like classical music or I don't like pop music.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:55 pm

beninho wrote:

Their songs. I am no music expert, that is about as far as my analysis can go. I don't like the other more poppy stuff of the era like the Kinks either.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:58 pm

super_realist wrote:

Not liking a band or singer is one thing, not being able to qualify your comments however is something completely different. I don't see any comparison between The Beatles and Coldplay for instance.

I don't particularly like hip hop, it's not something i'd choose to listen to but at the same time I can acknowledge that the pioneers of the genre had a way with words that struck a nerve with many. Going way back to it's beginnings Gil Scott-Heron was a seriously good lyricist or more aptly poet; 'The Revolution Will Not Be Televised' is a must listen.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:59 pm

beninho wrote:So, when football fans shout Chelsea rent boy, they mean the abusive bit is that sex worker part not that, in general rent boys are gay?  But didn't the chant cone from an old story of a Chelsea headhunter getting caught with a rent boy?

Rent boys arent necessarily gay

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:02 pm

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

So you do like the beatles?

You dont have to love them or be a fan, or even like every song. But my point, which you seem to accept is, that with such a wide varied catalogue its hard to say you don't like every song.

It's like people who say I don't like classical music or I don't like pop music.

I like a small minority of songs, for example "Im Only Sleeping", but i despise Norwegian Wood, Blackbird, While my Guitar Gently Weeps, Octopuses Garden, Let if Be etc.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:03 pm

McLaren wrote:
beninho wrote:

Their songs. I am no music expert, that is about as far as my analysis can go. I don't like the other more poppy stuff of the era like the Kinks either.

I think The Kinks were far more clever and interesting than The Beatles.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:08 pm

No sixties song gets past Gimme Shelter

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:10 pm

beninho wrote:No sixties song gets past Gimme Shelter

Agreed.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:10 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:So, when football fans shout Chelsea rent boy, they mean the abusive bit is that sex worker part not that, in general rent boys are gay?  But didn't the chant cone from an old story of a Chelsea headhunter getting caught with a rent boy?

Rent boys arent necessarily gay

But generally are. Not talking about gigolos

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next