The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+15
westisbest
Duty281
JAS
Galted
superflyweight
I'm never wrong
JuliusHMarx
lostinwales
Davie
dynamark
McLaren
Soul Requiem
pedro
beninho
super_realist
19 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 3 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Mon 16 Aug 2021, 3:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

beninho wrote:Should we be there?

Well if you dont mind whats happening now and support sharia law then I guess not.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 24 Aug 2021, 11:21 am

lostinwales wrote:
McLaren wrote:I'd vote for anything if it meant nandos closed.

You can easily vote with your feet. This kind of 'I don't like it therefore nobody else should like it either' attitude is a big reason why we are where we are right now.

(For the record I have never been to Nandos)

It was people voting with their feet or rather there hands that got us into this position. I'm pretty sure you're not for it when it doesn't your own point of view. That ignores that Macs initial comment was made in jest whilst you responded with over the top seriousness.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 24 Aug 2021, 12:21 pm

Should probably close all the pubs as well.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 24 Aug 2021, 12:58 pm

I fukin love Nandos.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 24 Aug 2021, 12:59 pm

Re listening yo speaker box by outkast, a great hip hop album.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 26 Aug 2021, 8:42 am

I know we have some big Conservative fans on here. Can soneone explain what's wrong with Gdpr? Why woukd they want to scrap the rules regarding data protection?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Thu 26 Aug 2021, 10:02 am

beninho wrote:I know we have some big Conservative fans on here. Can soneone explain what's wrong with Gdpr? Why woukd they want to scrap the rules regarding data protection?

Not giving away my political persuaion Ben, but here are a few highlights I found on one website.

"while unnecessarily restricting the use of data for worthwhile purposes."

"free up data for innovation and in the public interest"

"AI and growth sectors if we want to enable innovation in the UK."

"Small businesses, meanwhile, suffer greater costs relative to their revenues."

My inference is that some businesses want easier access to data, and what they can do with it. Secondly, to reduce the burden on businesses in how they deal with GDPR. Probably a simplistic view.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 26 Aug 2021, 10:15 am

beninho wrote:I know we have some big Conservative fans on here. Can soneone explain what's wrong with Gdpr? Why woukd they want to scrap the rules regarding data protection?

Have you noticed your life being any better since GDPR? I couldnt care less whether it stays or goes. If youre worried, be more careful with who you give your data to.

Last edited by super_realist on Thu 26 Aug 2021, 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 26 Aug 2021, 10:16 am

Would any website need to have different Gdpr systems then, for people not in the UK using the site?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 26 Aug 2021, 10:17 am

super_realist wrote:

Have you noticed your life being any better since GDPR? I couldnt care less whether it stays or goes. If youre worried, be more careful with who you give your data to.

I try and opt out of marketing emails where possible. I like to have that option.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 26 Aug 2021, 10:28 am

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

I try and opt out of marketing emails where possible.  I like to have that option.

Thats not really GDPR. Your email address isnt really what is meant by personal data.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 26 Aug 2021, 10:30 am

Goes a bit further than you deciding who you give your data to. Data is collected in a number of different ways, not all of which you have the capacity to consent to.

Regardless of what the government is saying nothing much should change, otherwise the UK gives away its current position under the adequacy decisions and hampers data importing and exporting out of the UK. The potential impact of that on the financial services industry would far outweigh any perceived benefits.

The government would have to be populated by jingoistic, nationalist morons to move too far away from the current position. Oh...

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

beninho likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 26 Aug 2021, 10:46 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

I try and opt out of marketing emails where possible.  I like to have that option.

Thats not really GDPR. Your email address isnt really what is meant by personal data.

But they need my consent to hold my information and send marketing emails?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 26 Aug 2021, 10:55 am

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Yes, but thats not the sort of thing GDPR is concerned with.
The ability (and right) to decline marketing marketing emails predates GDPR.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 26 Aug 2021, 11:03 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

But GDPR is far more prescriptive about how long data can be held and what type of data can be held and for what purpose. Theoretically (I say that because its not always observed) it does give individuals greater protection and it does make it easier for the ICO to identify and punish transgressions. As someone who has been a lawyer both pre and post GDPR, its clear that organisations take data protection a lot more seriously since the introduction of GDPR.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 26 Aug 2021, 11:10 am

superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

But GDPR is far more prescriptive about how long data can be held and what type of data can be held and for what purpose.  Theoretically (I say that because its not always observed) it does give individuals greater protection and it does make it easier for the ICO to identify and punish transgressions.  As someone who has been a lawyer both pre and post GDPR, its clear that organisations take data protection a lot more seriously since the introduction of GDPR.    

I agree, but my point is that opting out of marketing isnt really what GDPR is about.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 26 Aug 2021, 11:23 am

What bits of the Gdpr are you against or have issues with?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 26 Aug 2021, 11:37 am

beninho wrote:What bits of the Gdpr are you against or have issues with?

None, it doesnt really affect me. You seem to be picking things you object to which arent really GDPR anyway. Thats my point. Whether or not you receive marketing emails is incredibly trivial and not really something which GDPR was supposed or intended to guard against in the first place

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 26 Aug 2021, 11:48 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:What bits of the Gdpr are you against or have issues with?

None, it doesnt really affect me. You seem to be picking things you object to which arent really GDPR anyway. Thats my point. Whether or not you receive marketing emails is incredibly trivial and not really something which GDPR was supposed or intended to guard against in the first place

When, I do my Gdpr refresher stuff it all seems to make sense and very understandable. Which is why, I asked, for what reason would the government have to try and change it. I thought you had a view on that it seems not.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 26 Aug 2021, 11:51 am

Not really, ive done all the same training you have probably amd i just dont care.

Do they want to change anything? Who cares. If youre worried then just take more care.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 26 Aug 2021, 12:42 pm

Super

I am surprised you are ok with people making so much money off your internet use? Would you not rather there be some barrier to how freely companies can scoop data off your computer and sell it on for huge amounts of money?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 26 Aug 2021, 1:14 pm

What data are they using which in any way inconveniences me?
Havent you got multiple emails for specific uses?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 26 Aug 2021, 1:56 pm

super_realist wrote:What data are they using which in any way inconveniences me?

Don't know about inconveniencing you but if people are going to make money off how we use the internet it would be good to be able to set the terms if we are not actually going to get paid for it.

As for the multiple email thing, no. I have my personal email and work email.

What do you use your multiple email accounts for?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 26 Aug 2021, 2:01 pm

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:What data are they using which in any way inconveniences me?

Don't know about inconveniencing you but if people are going to make money off how we use the internet it would be good to be able to set the terms if we are not actually going to get paid for it.

As for the multiple email thing, no. I have my personal email and work email.

What do you use your multiple email accounts for?

What i mean is if youre worried about your personal data being used. Then have a separate email for shopping etc.

As for companies making money out of my browsing. I couldnt give a toss. If i want I can see the terms, but I dont really care. Why do you, and what are you worried about divulging?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 26 Aug 2021, 2:42 pm

Ronaldo to city then? Bit odd but not surprising. Non pressing 36 to lead the line for a pep team. Ronaldo to be a high class Kevin Davies.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 26 Aug 2021, 3:55 pm

Analysis of medical data collected from hospitals is how they worked out that dexamethasone is, in the right circumstances, a good treatment for Covid.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 26 Aug 2021, 5:44 pm

Laurence Fox in acting like massive di£k shock.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 26 Aug 2021, 8:12 pm

beninho wrote:Laurence Fox in acting like massive di£k shock.

Id be more worried  about Biden if  I was you. If this was Trump you'd be losing your head.

What has Fox even done or said? Put some context on it at least.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 26 Aug 2021, 8:49 pm

Afghanistan is a sh/tshow, but, its a basket case country. And, in all honesty, I'm not really taken with it all. America had to get out, somehow.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 26 Aug 2021, 8:58 pm

And fox linked blm kneeling with r***.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 27 Aug 2021, 6:36 am

beninho wrote:Afghanistan is a sh/tshow, but, its a basket case country. And, in all honesty, I'm not really taken with it all. America had to get out, somehow.

Yet, not a single person is saying Biden has approached this well or sensibly. You can't say that stating that not all Americans would get out is remotely acceptable if youre Biden, and you cant say "i have no regrets" or "there is no other way". If that was Trump the left would be going absolutely mad. Hes shaping up to be every bit as bad as Trump and its going to usher the military loving Republicans straight back in

I heard Fox described as a Waitrose Katie Hopkins. About right.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 27 Aug 2021, 7:46 am

I dont think tge republicans have any desire to get back involved in Afghanistan. It was Trump who started the withdrawal and did a deal with the Taliban anyway, probably in the hope of a foreign policy win for his second term. I doubt that any total withdrawal would have been easy. Now whether they shoukd have a total withdrawal is another thing, but I guess with tge taliban and thus new isis regrouping extending the military wouldn't have passed off smoothly anyway.

Weird to see the Taliban be the supposed moderate group and being against the bombs.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 27 Aug 2021, 8:14 am

Trump may have started the withdrawal but Biden went through with it despite the world knowing it was a terrible idea, if he's following through on a Trump policy that says a lot about him. We can try and ignore it all we want but this will have repercussions in the US and here in the UK. I'm more than happy to accommodate as many Afghan citizens as is possible but i'm sure they themselves would prefer to stay in their homeland.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 27 Aug 2021, 8:28 am

It will be a big impact throughout Europe more then America. Already seen Afghan planes land, and it will cost the government a lot in money to house them, especially as many will not be eligible for benefits, and with the nonsense benefit cap in place, the govt will be topping up any shortfalls to house them.

I remember reading that most Americans wanted the withdrawal, and I wouldn't be surprised if when (if?) It settles down, some will see it as a win. Personally I admire the balls on biden and woukd have the same of Trump for just ending it all. If America don't see the benefit any more, as they've said, they aren't tge worlds policeman anymore, maybe it's time for others to step up?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 27 Aug 2021, 9:35 am

Can you name any war of this scale where a presence ledt after 20 years?

Its not just the withdrawal. Its the US leaving all their kit to be used by these savages AND leaving all the names and addresses of allied collaboraters who will no doubt be executed horribly alongside their families, but its OK, because Biden and Harris just laugh it off.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 27 Aug 2021, 10:03 am

If we've known for 18months that the Americans were withdrawing, initially it was March, I think, and then back in April it was mentioned to be by September 11th. So, its not just crept up. But if they want to pull out, fine, it's their choice and they feel 20 years is too long. But why haven't the UK or other countries tried to step up a presence to cover the Americans, who reduced troops down to 2500 a whike back anyway.

Yes, it's not good, but surely other countries could have stepped up, if they wanted to?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 27 Aug 2021, 10:13 am

I must admit, I generally argue on point where I have little knowledge, but we'll out of my depth on knowledge of military decisions in Afghanistan and why those were taken. I have no real arguments, and just genuinely like to throw around other things on it.

But, I do think it was right to withdraw for Anerica.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 27 Aug 2021, 10:15 am

beninho wrote:I must admit, I generally argue on point where I have little knowledge, but we'll out of my depth on knowledge of military decisions in Afghanistan and why those were taken. I have no real arguments, and just genuinely like to throw around other things on it.

It may well be right for America to withdraw, but the method by which they have done so is blatantly wrong.
You shouldn't leave a country in a worse state

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 27 Aug 2021, 10:17 am

Also, if we've known the end date was by September, why didn't the UK move people out months ago?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 27 Aug 2021, 10:17 am

beninho wrote:If we've known for 18months that the Americans were withdrawing, initially it was March, I think, and then back in April it was mentioned to be by September 11th. So, its not just crept up. But if they want to pull out, fine, it's their choice and they feel 20 years is too long. But why haven't the UK or other countries tried to step up a presence to cover the Americans, who reduced troops down to 2500 a whike back anyway.

Yes, it's not good, but surely other countries could have stepped up, if they wanted to?

The Brits and the Turks were the only allies who wanted to have a presence, bit on theor own are simply not big enough.
Theyve known for ages they were pulling out, yet they've left it until the last minute.
The kit left behind is an appalling indictment.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 27 Aug 2021, 10:51 am

super_realist wrote:

He was gloating about the kneeling before football matches with regards to Mendy's arrest for r*pe.

He's a bit like a right wing version of Owen Jones - managing to set people of similar political persuasion against himself.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 27 Aug 2021, 11:12 am

I noticed that Billy Piper wrote and directed a film called Rare Beasts

It featured a character called Pete
'a borderline-incel, patriarchal man with rage issues'

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 27 Aug 2021, 11:35 am

super_realist wrote:
Theyve known for ages they were pulling out, yet they've left it until the last minute.

Who hasn't been there?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 27 Aug 2021, 11:52 am

Galted wrote:
super_realist wrote:

He was gloating about the kneeling before football matches with regards to Mendy's arrest for r*pe.

He's a bit like a right wing version of Owen Jones - managing to set people of similar political persuasion against himself.

There doesnt appear to be that many reasonable and moderate political commentators these days. They're frequently the likes of Ash Sarkar, Owen Jones, Katie Hopkins, Laurence Fox etc. Hateful people with terrible views

If we could get rid of their awful and extreme voices surely the political landscape would be a more tolerable place?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 27 Aug 2021, 12:24 pm

Super

The issue is that some of the "mainstream" political voices are pretty awful. Boris, Priti, Raab, JRM etc are heinous individuals.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 27 Aug 2021, 12:25 pm

McLaren wrote:Super

The issue is that some of the "mainstream" political voices are pretty awful. Boris, Priti, Raab, JRM etc are heinous individuals.

This makes me like them all even more.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 27 Aug 2021, 1:29 pm

McLaren wrote:Super

Any worse than Corbyn, Sturgeon, Blackford, Flabbot, McDonnel, RLB, Ed Davie, Dodds etc? Not really.

What we need is centre left and centre right, forget all the rest.
Most people are a bit of both and that should be reflected in the oarties we have.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 27 Aug 2021, 1:42 pm

Politics has moved to the right or left. Being centre is seen as a dirty word. No reasonable country shoukd have a choice of Raab, Patel and the current version of Johnson nor Corbyn or McConnell to lead the country.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 27 Aug 2021, 1:47 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:I must admit, I generally argue on point where I have little knowledge, but we'll out of my depth on knowledge of military decisions in Afghanistan and why those were taken. I have no real arguments, and just genuinely like to throw around other things on it.

It may well be right for America to withdraw, but the method by which they have done so is blatantly wrong.
You shouldn't leave a country in a worse state

I'm sure any exit strategy was carefully considered before they waded in out of rage in 2001.

Pretty easy for western Leaders to wade into unwinnable wars all over the world (under the supposed guise of promoting freedom and democracy), safe in the knowledge that it'll be some future incumbent that will have to pick up the pieces.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 27 Aug 2021, 1:51 pm

Afghanistan have/had a women's football team that was formed in 2007 fast forward to today and there's been a worldwide effort to get as many female athletes out of the country as possible. It may not have been the reason for the war but freedom and democracy were pleasant side effects.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 27 Aug 2021, 2:07 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:Afghanistan have/had a women's football team that was formed in 2007 fast forward to today and there's been a worldwide effort to get as many female athletes out of the country as possible. It may not have been the reason for the war but freedom and democracy were pleasant side effects.

Would it be cheaper and easier to de brainwash them out of their doomsday cult?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next