The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+34
hogie
beninho
I'm never wrong
thedamned3putt
princedracula
oldshanker
puligny
Slowride
Doon the Water
Plunky
SpacemanSpiff
Hibbz
Roller_Coaster
Skydriver
Hemmingway
Bob_the_Job
1GrumpyGolfer
Shotrock
pedro
hend085
Aruglia
barragan
JAS
SmithersJones
navyblueshorts
incontinentia
kwinigolfer
goldwolf
McLaren
golfermartin
gaelgowfer
Diggers
super_realist
mystiroakey
38 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by mystiroakey Sun 11 Nov 2012, 8:47 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:Mac your beiing an idiot there mate.. NBS at best is on some pedantic mission at the moment- at best arguing symatics..
Don't be a plank. There's nothing semantic in what I've said. You always say I'm arguing semantics when you don't get what I'm talking about!
You're right re. the spaghetti, butter and TK. It's not great but it's not as bad, nutritionally, as is being made out. As I said before, if they ate that occasionally, what's the issue? If they eat it every day? That's another matter.

its disgusting- the family is overweight.. they should not be eating that sort of food ever! the fact that they even ''like' that sort of food is a big problem.

the mother said she was raised on it!

That is there stock spaghetti dish!

Jamie oliver needs to be sent to that family- its an emergency i tell ya!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Mon 12 Nov 2012, 7:59 am

The only place I'd send Jamie Oliver to Oakey is the Gallows. Cannot stand that man. In fact, there is something about being a celebrity chef that makes you a complete bell end I think, although Oliver and the preposterously named Blumenthal are by far the worst offenders.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by mystiroakey Mon 12 Nov 2012, 8:39 am

Oh come on he is doing the right thing- You may not like him but its not just about celebrity for him , at least he puts back..

And I admire anyone for making a shead load of money(in a legit way offcourse)- I admire them more if they do something I feel is important- IE educating!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 12 Nov 2012, 8:43 am

Plenty of people do good Oakey, but he's an unspeakable tw@t. Still he's not as bad as Heston Blumenthal who is a c-word who loves himself.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 12 Nov 2012, 8:51 am

Yeah I know you dont like him. But thats your issue.

He is a nice lad, I dont hold anything against him..

Heston is a clever bloke as well. Chemist/chef.. does some great stuff. I have been to the fat duck and I was impressed big time!

So what if they love themselves, They are abit like poulter in a way. Certain peops cant stand them. But i embrace them tbh!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 12 Nov 2012, 9:49 am

Those two make Ian Poulter look like the most humble person around.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 12 Nov 2012, 9:53 am

Thought Id post this considering Supers obsession with Federers wifes looks. Seems like your hero married a bit of a heffer, she has not aged well at all. Mind you, Poulter is a pretty ugly bloke so at least they look right together.
http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Katie+Poulter/Ian+Poulter/39th+Ryder+Cup+Gala/yEy66VdtAnj

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 12 Nov 2012, 9:59 am

Jeez, she is a bit of a boiler. For the record, I'm not a huge Poulter fan in particular, I just don't think he gets the credit for how good a player he is, although admittedly this is partly his own fault. Putting and chipping I think he's top 5 in the world without a doubt right now, and for the last few years.

Hard to see past his big mouth sometimes though, although like Andy Murray for his "anti english" joke that some morons misinterpret and continue to harang him for I think Poulter will always carry that stigma round with him even though in general clothing and outspokeness he's toned it down.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:03 am

I actually see it completely the other way. He gets far to much credit and press inches in comparison to what he has achieved in the game. He is a huge self publicist and the press all jump on the band wagon.
That said he does appear to have stepped up a bit this year so lets see if he can carry on doing so and back up his words with deeds.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:08 am

I think where he actually is is a very good professional, but who won't quite crack the upper echelons of the game.
An excellent year this year though, and hasn't missed a cut in over a year. Perhaps he's screwing the nut now.
Alongside Rose he's probably had a better year than any English player.

His press column inches have been entirely justified this year. Hard to argue with that.
I think he was a self publiist, you don't see him doing too much of that anymore. I think people go on about his "me and Tiger" quote, which like Murray's "Paraguay top was taken out of context.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:14 am

I have no problem with Murrays quote, in fact Id have more issues with a jock who saw things differently. Poulters comment was completely different and he deserved the mocking he got but I agree there is no reason to beat him up about it forever and a day.
He has had a good year but what illuminated it was the RC, that appears to have lifted his game late season (and he always does finish the year well as you yourself have previously admitted) resulting in him winning the WGC. Before that he was playing steady but was only treading water in the OWGR.
Ill wait and see how he plays next year, whether he finds another house to build or a clothing line to build to distract him.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:17 am

What do you mean, Murray's quote was tongue in cheek in response to a stupid question, sadly many morons still hold it against him.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:21 am

Murray aid he wanted any team to beat England, I feel the same when Scotland play. Nearly all the Scots, Irish and Welsh love to see England lose, Ive no issue with that at all.
I suspect Murray meant what he said, my point is Im happy with that.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:24 am

It doesn't make him anti English though, especially when taken in the context of the question. People holding that against him though is absurd. I generally don't want the English football team to do well, not because they are English, but because of the over expectant and unrealistic media and numerous hateful players in the squad.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:29 am

Nope, not saying he's anti English. It just goes back to showing I can be English but also British, Murray Scottish and British, McIlroy Irish and British. Its all good.
Poulter just made a pratish remark and got caned for it, big difference. I have no doubt the press overstated it, however it was typical of the kind of remarks he was prone to making back then so he got foisted by his own petard so hard to feel any sympathy for him.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:38 am

I think Poulters remark in its sentiment made sense in that at the time when Woods was at his zenith, a professional HAS to believe he is better than the rest, it would have been unrealistic he could have bettered Grumpy Nine Chins, but he had to believe he could beat and be better than the rest.
The belief was right, disclosing it in a magazine where he knew it would be taken out of context was silly, but how many years was that ago, and he's still pilloried for it?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:45 am

I dont think he still does get pilloried for it, you brought it up, its not like it gets mentioned all the time.
Agree with what you say, nothing wrong with thinking the thought but he was a prat for saying it to the mag and at the time he quite rightly got mocked for it, especially on the range from other pros from what I gather from reading a few past articles.
The point is as I explained you arent going to shed a comment for someone who at the time was prone to saying exactly that sort of thing. My mates still mock me for the oddstupid thing Ive said donkeysytears ago (OK, nd recently), there is no reason to pretend he didnt say it and have a little laugh about it but as I said its hardlt like he gets battered with it. In fact if anything because of his RC exploits he has become more of an untouchable and beyone criticism.
Poulters gets plenty of props for what he has done in the game, Ive no doubts in my mind about that.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:48 am

What I mean is that like Murray, people still hold it as a reason to dislike him, when in fact everyone says stupid things, I'd rather be known for saying the odd stupid thing than being drab, dreary and wooden though like a footballer or most golfers in their sanitised media trained ways.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:57 am

I really dont think there is any comparison with Murray.
Murray said one stupid thing and the reason people hold it against him is more of the anti Scot nonsense.
The reason people dont like Poulter is because he has an arrogant, flash streak, I dont think that can be denied and I doubt he would deny it to be honest.
That means tend to either love him or hate him, I suspect he is also quite happy with that. I really dont think you need to defend him quite so forthrightly, he really doesnt get mistreated, far from it. Id say most people love the guy now because of the RC, you seem to feel that everyone should worship him. He's no saint, people can choose to dislike him. Even after the WGC he was banging on abut the stupidly priced car he was going to buy. I hate that kind of thing hence I have little respect for him personally.
Murray on the other hand bought a Ferrari or something when he passed his test and sold it as he felt like a prat driving it....I like that.

Last edited by Diggers on Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:02 am

Diggers wrote:Thought Id post this considering Supers obsession with Federers wifes looks. Seems like your hero married a bit of a heffer, she has not aged well at all. Mind you, Poulter is a pretty ugly bloke so at least they look right together.
http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Katie+Poulter/Ian+Poulter/39th+Ryder+Cup+Gala/yEy66VdtAnj

Flippin' 'eck diggers, you're hard to please! I don't know how old she is but Poulter will be 37 in January. Given she's had three children, I think she looks fantastic.

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:06 am

Gael, she looks fine (fantastic is certainly pushing it). She looks like an early middle aged woman whose actually had 4 kids should. I just wanted to wind up Super.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:06 am

37 is pretty young and she's the wife of a multi millionaire. She's obviously fond of his gold plated, diamond encrusted biscuit barrel.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:29 am

Diggers wrote:Gael, she looks fine (fantastic is certainly pushing it). She looks like an early middle aged woman whose actually had 4 kids should. I just wanted to wind up Super.

Patronising as well as insulting. Perhaps you should quit whilst behind diggers?

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:32 am

I don't think Diggers has said anything out of order there. I've seen plenty people of the same age with less resources look better.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:36 am

Anyone have any thoughts on Entwistle's severence pay?

When I first heard this, I was pretty disgusted that someone who had only been in the job for two months(?) should be given a full year's salary but then when I thought about it, had he not got the job in the first place, he'd likely still have been in one at the BBC whereas now, his future is uncertain.

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:42 am

I think this tweet by Sue Perkins says it all -
"Well done attack dogs, you have your man. And when your baying stops we might be able to hear the REAL issues finally being discussed....
By which I mean the culture of conspiratorial silence around those who abuse children and the difficulty those children have of being heard."

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:45 am

ermm poulters wife.... allright I suppose- She aint no stunner mind

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:47 am

On the sugject of Ian Poulter's wife: I think it's a bit harsh making a judgement on looks on the basis of a photograph. I know an absolutely stunningly beautiful girl who photographs appalingly. Some people are like that.

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:49 am

she seems lovely- but no mode type- however that probally goes for poulters character- he has got a bird for the bird- not for exeptional looks. I allways respect it when rich dudes try and stay close to there level

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:49 am

golfermartin wrote:On the sugject of Ian Poulter's wife: I think it's a bit harsh making a judgement on looks on the basis of a photograph. I know an absolutely stunningly beautiful girl who photographs appalingly. Some people are like that.

So you think the camera added about 6 stones ?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:50 am

So you think the camera added about 6 stones ?

lol she aint that big mate!!- maybe a couple over

6 stones is like another human on her

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:51 am

mystiroakey wrote:she seems lovely- but no mode type- however that probally goes for poulters character- he has got a bird for the bird- not for exeptional looks. I allways respect it when rich dudes try and stay close to there level

Alternatively like an awful lot of famous people he could be dipping his wick elsewhere whilst on tour.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:51 am

I'm sure she's perfectly nice. Bit large for me, I think the surprise is that for someone as brash, bold and "celebrity" as Poulter he doesn't have more of a brassy, trashy trophy wife.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:55 am

yeah maybe the odd brass here and ther digs. pretty standard right!

isnt it true that 90% of french blokes have mistresses?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:56 am

Dunno Mysti but if it is Im emigrating....Vive La France.......

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:58 am

Yep they got it right there!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 12 Nov 2012, 12:11 pm

Are you guys mad?

Just go to the google image search results for Mirka Federer and you will see she is very pretty.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2196010/Roger-Federer-puckers-wife-stroll-New-York-twin-daughters.html
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 12 Nov 2012, 12:13 pm

yeah she is pretty- nice face- clearly getting on though- carrys abit of weight these days

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 12 Nov 2012, 12:15 pm

"carrys abit of weight these days"

Er, no she doesn't.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 12 Nov 2012, 12:16 pm

well if she doesnt she needs to start dressing better- not flatering clothes at all!! she loves a lose fit by the look of your pics

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 12 Nov 2012, 12:17 pm

Bit old for you isnt she Mac ? Thought you preferred the Emma Watson prepubescent look.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by goldwolf Mon 12 Nov 2012, 12:35 pm

So i see Entwistle has won the lottery deciding to resign after 2 months hard work! My redundancy payout for 19 years loyal service of equivalent to 2.5 months pay is even more of a joke now!

goldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 12 Nov 2012, 12:40 pm

He has worked at the BBC for 23 years Goldie, he's changed roles a stack of times in that period but his redundancy package would carry forward each time Id guess.
Id he'd just arrive two months ago Id feel a bit more aggrieved but I dont really have a problem in this scenario.
I feel a little bit for him but there are only so many times you can claim not to know what was happening or what was going on....

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 12 Nov 2012, 12:46 pm

McLaren wrote:Are you guys mad?

Just go to the google image search results for Mirka Federer and you will see she is very pretty.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2196010/Roger-Federer-puckers-wife-stroll-New-York-twin-daughters.html

Ha ha, Mac reading the Daily Mail. Whatever next.

I remember when Mac the simpering ninny sent me a private email for referring Federers wife as "a boiler".

What a saddo.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 12 Nov 2012, 12:57 pm

Federers missus was a pretty girl when she was younger and actually had a great figure. She hasnt aged that well to be fair though I suspect if she did lose some weight she'd look fine.
Does seem strange that anyone who is a fomer athlete themselves and married to an athlete and also has the funds for a personal trainer, access to a nutritionist etc, should be overweight. And Im sorry but she does look overweight.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 12 Nov 2012, 1:01 pm

I suspect Mac doesn't have standards that high Diggers. After all, he claims to have a girlfriend, but what standard of girl would put up with such a skinflint, public transport loving, , F1 obsessed, Playstation addict, glory hunting sad football supporter, golf course architecture geek who would rather go to bed with Nine Chins Woods than her.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by goldwolf Mon 12 Nov 2012, 1:03 pm

No doubt he's been made a scapegoat digs but why pay a years salary (from license fee money) when entitlement is 6 months?

goldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 12 Nov 2012, 1:20 pm

They just cut a deal, would he have walked for the 6 months ? He could have held out for the BBC to ask him to resign and get the 12 months anyway, this way they get a quick move and he gets the money.
The private sector does similar all the time, my wife was offered the chance to go for another job she wouldnt get and take stat redundancy at the end of it, or just take a bigger offer and tell the world it was voluntary redundancy on her part. Hobsons choice really.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 12 Nov 2012, 1:35 pm

400,000 is bugger all in reality.
There are plenty people in the BBC who'd I'd gladly use licence players money to get rid of.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 12 Nov 2012, 1:44 pm

Wonder if he was on a final salary pension ?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next