The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+34
hogie
beninho
I'm never wrong
thedamned3putt
princedracula
oldshanker
puligny
Slowride
Doon the Water
Plunky
SpacemanSpiff
Hibbz
Roller_Coaster
Skydriver
Hemmingway
Bob_the_Job
1GrumpyGolfer
Shotrock
pedro
hend085
Aruglia
barragan
JAS
SmithersJones
navyblueshorts
incontinentia
kwinigolfer
goldwolf
McLaren
golfermartin
gaelgowfer
Diggers
super_realist
mystiroakey
38 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 10 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by mystiroakey Sun 11 Nov 2012, 8:47 am

First topic message reminder :

navyblueshorts wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:Mac your beiing an idiot there mate.. NBS at best is on some pedantic mission at the moment- at best arguing symatics..
Don't be a plank. There's nothing semantic in what I've said. You always say I'm arguing semantics when you don't get what I'm talking about!
You're right re. the spaghetti, butter and TK. It's not great but it's not as bad, nutritionally, as is being made out. As I said before, if they ate that occasionally, what's the issue? If they eat it every day? That's another matter.

its disgusting- the family is overweight.. they should not be eating that sort of food ever! the fact that they even ''like' that sort of food is a big problem.

the mother said she was raised on it!

That is there stock spaghetti dish!

Jamie oliver needs to be sent to that family- its an emergency i tell ya!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers Fri 30 Nov 2012, 10:45 am

If it was one it was too many.
See Cameron has done his usual volte face after the findings of Leveson. I wonder how that man manages to stand up sometimes as he clearly has no spine whatsoever.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Fri 30 Nov 2012, 10:47 am

I'm pretty sure I heard they weren't even for that gun.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 30 Nov 2012, 10:52 am

Thats not what I read. The fact is he shouldnt have had any illegal weapon for 5 years and certainly not had ammo as well. The more I read about it the luckier I think he is to get a suspended sentance. Now he's trying for a dismisal which would be totally wrong.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 30 Nov 2012, 11:02 am

I agree Diggers, In the letter of the law he is guilty, but the circumstances were there to be argued and interpreted and the courts saw it that a suspended sentence was the correct course of action.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 30 Nov 2012, 3:11 pm

Diggers wrote:If it was one it was too many.
See Cameron has done his usual volte face after the findings of Leveson. I wonder how that man manages to stand up sometimes as he clearly has no spine whatsoever.
Laugh Ok!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 30 Nov 2012, 9:30 pm

An idiot abroad is on. Very Happy

Sir Karl is kinda diluted by dwarf Warwick- but its still funny!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 30 Nov 2012, 9:50 pm

There is something deeply unpleasant, creepy and downright unfunny about smug Gervais. His stand up shows are shiversomely unfunny.

He's on my long list of people I can't stand.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 30 Nov 2012, 10:00 pm

SR just watch that episode of an idiot abroad- it was quality!! not much gervais-0 obviously he produces it rather than in it much.

What ever you think about him he creates some serioulsy funny stuff- this and the office are pretty groundbreaking in truth(obviously gervais has alot of help from merchant though!)

I thought it would be dilluted with Warwick- but actually that was hillarious! loved the way them gypos touched his head for luck! and the religious knife scene omg!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 30 Nov 2012, 10:03 pm

Completely disagree. I haven't raised even a titter at anything he's ever done. I hated him from the moment I saw him on the 11 0 Clock show before he was famous, and he was just as rubbish back then too.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 30 Nov 2012, 10:17 pm

well you can disagree all you want SR. However as i said its ground breaking stuff, not everyone is gonna get it!

but open your mind and watch an episode of an idiot abroad. it isnt really about ricky gervais. You might like it!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 30 Nov 2012, 10:20 pm

I wouldn't describe it as ground breaking. The mockumentary wasn't new.

I understand that not everyone will like him though.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 30 Nov 2012, 10:23 pm

oh it was for sure. no one did it before in a sitcom envioroment-to that success- he was the first of many.but It was also the styling- it was just perfectly cringing and dark and deeply funny yet also uncomfortable. If you like it you get so much emotion from it.

I dont even like ricky in many things either, his stand up is so mehh- some of his stuff is mehh. But i respect him and he has alot of talent. Bringing Carl out was a brilliant find and yes the office was world class.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 30 Nov 2012, 10:27 pm

The point is though super- You may like other things he has done- open your mind to that concept

tell me what do you find funny anyway?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 30 Nov 2012, 10:29 pm

Loads of people had done that style before Fat, Smug Gervais. Woody Allen did lots of stuff like that, I can't stand him either and Stella Street preceeded The Office too. Stella Street was actually funny though, whereas The Office is too self indulgent vehicle for Gervais self love.

Spinal Tap was probably the most famous of them all.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 30 Nov 2012, 10:33 pm

thats your opinion SR. stella street was horrid from my POV- it creeps me out, just doesnt get you on any emotive level at all, just cheap surrealism..

spinal tap the rockumentary- well yeah the film was ok!!

but the difference between the office styled mockumentary to the crzy surrealist ones from before(that you mention) are so far apart that its alkmost another genre

so tell me what you find funny? bar stella street!

my fav comedies that have either just finished running or have recently eneded.

Trailor park boys(canada)
we will be heros, summer heights high(Aus)
Curb your entuhsiasm, allways sunny in phily(US)
peep show(no.1 of all time!!), It crowd, an idiot abroad(UK)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 30 Nov 2012, 10:38 pm

btw you are misjudging Ricky with your comments RE: the office

There is nothing egotistical about the office., He plays a very unlikable character and he wrote himself into that role- this is not what some egomainac does!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 30 Nov 2012, 10:39 pm

It's a pretty subjective thing. I don't think there's anything I find truly unmissable or pant wettingly funny. I do like Peep Show though, I think those two are pretty funny. When I used to live in Edinburgh I used to go fairly regularly to a comedy club and you see some good stuff there, in amongst some pretty rubbish stuff.

I really can't stand American Sitcoms by and large though, most of them simply aren'.t funny. I've never seen an episode of Friends because every clip I've seen has been rubbish.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri 30 Nov 2012, 10:40 pm

i occasionally think s_r is Larry David when reading some of his posts Wink

Last edited by barragan on Fri 30 Nov 2012, 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 30 Nov 2012, 10:43 pm

I love peep show, my office is next to the first scene series 1 ep 1(bus stop)!!

I know pretty much every pub they are in and every location they film!! it adds abit as well.

If you think SR is larry david then you must rate him very high!!! I love larry david. The king of US comedy!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 30 Nov 2012, 10:45 pm

I've never seen Curb..... either Oakey, though he is reputedly like Andy Jacobs ( a radio comedian I like) so I would probably like that. Generally I find American Comedy a bit odd and juvenile.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 30 Nov 2012, 10:48 pm

much of it is SR. however there are some real classic stuff out there IMO.

seinfeld, curb, Arrested development and allways sunny are the truely world class ones that come close to ours IMO.

I actually think you might like curb.. it has moved on alot since seinfeld and banban is close to the mark. It could be up your street!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri 30 Nov 2012, 10:51 pm

there are many many clips on you tube.won't take you long to decide, very much take it or leave it. there was a great episode on the golf course, where a player guilty of slow play pays the ultimate price for his sins.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 30 Nov 2012, 10:52 pm

take it or leave it to you maybe.. That is take it all day long for me. There are loads of classic scences from the golf/country clubs!!

the funniest aspect of curb is the ironic racist humour that just flows through it!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 30 Nov 2012, 10:54 pm

You may even love the ep that involves ricky gervais- its a heightened version of the pr!ck he can be(the fact is he knows what he can be like and he doesnt mind acting the fool)- but offcourse larry gets the best of him at the end of the show!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 30 Nov 2012, 10:58 pm

I couldn't like anything that idiot does. Once I decide I dislike someone there's very little they can do to make me change my mind. Gervais can never do anything funny as far as I'm concerned although I might laugh if he suffocated trying to kiss his fat ass though.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 30 Nov 2012, 11:00 pm

Yeah well I will em off the hook and sample anything rated. I mean I couldnt stand father ted then black books come along and yeah not bad, but then he hit the nail on the head with the IT crowd!(forgot the writer soz!!)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri 30 Nov 2012, 11:03 pm

graham linehan . prefer black books myself. the episode where Bernard creates a new 'super -wine' accidentally killing the pope is a classic.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 30 Nov 2012, 11:04 pm

Never saw the IT crowd, but it never looked particularly funny. Father Ted was over-rated and had too many Leprechaun in it. Didn't see much of Black Books although Bill Bailey and Dylan Leprechaun Moran have their moments.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 30 Nov 2012, 11:06 pm

i only just recently saw the IT crowd- i didnt think it would be up my street but I tried it again and from series two it cracked me up.. Yes banban that ep was class OK

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 30 Nov 2012, 11:09 pm

Really like Spaced when it first came out.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 30 Nov 2012, 11:12 pm

yep classic show! right up there!

i didnt realise half the situations were based on so much else first time around!

crazy the amount of pop culture and scenes from other shows are packed into it.

really clever stuff

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 30 Nov 2012, 11:14 pm

Got given the box set by the girl I should have married. Left it in a flat I lived in. Must buy another copy.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 30 Nov 2012, 11:21 pm

Awww poor SR..

you lost something very special there.

but you can allways buy another one.. you can allways import a cheap copy from thailand.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 30 Nov 2012, 11:23 pm

Ha ha, very good Oakey. If only I could.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 01 Dec 2012, 7:00 pm

Get in England. I thought we have played pretty well this Summer and been a bit unlucky but that was some result. There is a lot of young talent in the England squad, Wood and Launchbury were superb today and Lawes will add to that , Burns looks like he could be a superstar as well.
Futures looking very rosy IMO.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sat 01 Dec 2012, 8:28 pm

Diggers wrote:Get in England. I thought we have played pretty well this Summer and been a bit unlucky but that was some result. There is a lot of young talent in the England squad, Wood and Launchbury were superb today and Lawes will add to that , Burns looks like he could be a superstar as well.
NZ had one foot on the plane home, I wouldn't get too carried away.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 01 Dec 2012, 8:30 pm

Chiefs season has been disappointing, but not this bad:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20568348

That's what a degree in "child development" will do for you.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 01 Dec 2012, 8:32 pm

That game was brilliant!

Brown, lanuchbury, wood and farrel all where sublime!

Incontinia Nz will be reeling from this- they hate losing to england!

I backed em 9/1 on betfair!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sat 01 Dec 2012, 8:39 pm

I also hate them losing to england roakey! We hockeyed Argentina last week, which probably wouldnt have happened if they werent at the end of a long tour. Carter's boot was a bit loose eh?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 01 Dec 2012, 8:49 pm

carters boot wasnt the difference though- he missed 2 kicks. we blitzed them

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 01 Dec 2012, 8:51 pm

You out played argentina and you spanked figi- great end of year for you guys.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sat 01 Dec 2012, 9:03 pm

Well Fiji aren't great, Vijay Singh could probably get on to their team. But its nice to beat the Argents.

That was shocking about Belcher kwini, sounds like he flipped big time.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 01 Dec 2012, 9:05 pm

good win though to nil. we played well v em and leaked a few!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 01 Dec 2012, 9:35 pm

incontinentia wrote:
Diggers wrote:Get in England. I thought we have played pretty well this Summer and been a bit unlucky but that was some result. There is a lot of young talent in the England squad, Wood and Launchbury were superb today and Lawes will add to that , Burns looks like he could be a superstar as well.

Rubbish mate. They had the chance to break all time unbeaten streak records, you think that doesn't matter to a guy like Richie McCaw? Their forwards got blitzed and Manu tore their midfield apart and our backs clicked.
I predict now we will roll the Irish and Welsh this year in the 6 nations , 15-20 point wins.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sat 01 Dec 2012, 10:11 pm

[quote="Diggers"][quote="incontinentia"]
Diggers wrote:
Their forwards got blitzed and Manu tore their midfield apart and our backs clicked.
I predict now we will roll the Irish and Welsh this year in the 6 nations , 15-20 point wins.
Man u were playing soccer Diggers, I think you're confused. Bold prediction about the 6 nations, time will tell.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 01 Dec 2012, 10:15 pm

well if we beat ireland by 15 we would have got worse from the last time in the 6N Smile

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 01 Dec 2012, 11:11 pm

incontinentia wrote:
Oh raspberry. When was the last time your lot thrashed the ABs?? Can't hear you!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 01 Dec 2012, 11:19 pm

Re. England the rugby. Still have concerns about our back row and definitely about our centres but they did well today. Wood was ridiculously good and although had 6 on his back played more like the 7 he was picked for last season. Even then he didn't really look like a genuine 7. Barritt and Manu were decent today but you still have to wonder if the wingers are ever going to get a sniff when they're in tandem.
Still, not often the ABs lose and almost never have them on the ropes like today Ale.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 02 Dec 2012, 1:34 am

kwinigolfer wrote:Chiefs season has been disappointing, but not this bad:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20568348

That's what a degree in "child development" will do for you.

I hope the Arsenal team are kept well away from some actual arsenal.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 02 Dec 2012, 9:15 am

Palace beat Brighton 3-0 !! and England beat NZ- great day an all that Yahoo

Aresernal- what is going on there!!??

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next