The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+34
hogie
beninho
I'm never wrong
thedamned3putt
princedracula
oldshanker
puligny
Slowride
Doon the Water
Plunky
SpacemanSpiff
Hibbz
Roller_Coaster
Skydriver
Hemmingway
Bob_the_Job
1GrumpyGolfer
Shotrock
pedro
hend085
Aruglia
barragan
JAS
SmithersJones
navyblueshorts
incontinentia
kwinigolfer
goldwolf
McLaren
golfermartin
gaelgowfer
Diggers
super_realist
mystiroakey
38 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by mystiroakey Sun 11 Nov 2012, 8:47 am

First topic message reminder :

navyblueshorts wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:Mac your beiing an idiot there mate.. NBS at best is on some pedantic mission at the moment- at best arguing symatics..
Don't be a plank. There's nothing semantic in what I've said. You always say I'm arguing semantics when you don't get what I'm talking about!
You're right re. the spaghetti, butter and TK. It's not great but it's not as bad, nutritionally, as is being made out. As I said before, if they ate that occasionally, what's the issue? If they eat it every day? That's another matter.

its disgusting- the family is overweight.. they should not be eating that sort of food ever! the fact that they even ''like' that sort of food is a big problem.

the mother said she was raised on it!

That is there stock spaghetti dish!

Jamie oliver needs to be sent to that family- its an emergency i tell ya!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by gaelgowfer Mon 12 Nov 2012, 2:06 pm

by goldwolf Today at 12:35 pm

So i see Entwistle has won the lottery deciding to resign after 2 months hard work! My redundancy payout for 19 years loyal service of equivalent to 2.5 months pay is even more of a joke now!

Ahem Rolling Eyes ...

by gaelgowfer Today at 11:36 am

Anyone have any thoughts on Entwistle's severence pay?

When I first heard this, I was pretty disgusted that someone who had only been in the job for two months(?) should be given a full year's salary but then when I thought about it, had he not got the job in the first place, he'd likely still have been in one at the BBC whereas now, his future is uncertain.

Anyway ... compared to what the bankers walked away with, it's peanuts.

I'm glad he's gone. He came across as being a bit wet. I found his humming and hawing intensely irritating.

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 12 Nov 2012, 2:11 pm

I had to sue to get ICL / Fujitsu to pay me what was already in black and white in my employment contract - 21 years and off to court, to get 75% three years later plus a lawyer's fee.

Don't understand why plebs get stiffed and guys in public life get to laugh all the way to the bank. At our expense.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 12 Nov 2012, 2:17 pm

Surely the issue should creating legislation so private firms have to pay what they owe, rather than moaning becasue public sectors workers recieve the compensation they are allowed ?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 12 Nov 2012, 2:26 pm

That's fair enough Digs but strongly suspect private companies (or at least the CBI or whatever it is now) have far more political clout than either individuals or licence fee payers.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 12 Nov 2012, 2:41 pm

Well pretty much every adult in the UK is a license payer so of course they as a group have a vast amount of power, just difficult to exercise it en masse.
Anyway only this morning I was looking at the pay offs and pensions for the top bankers and Id say not everyone is getting stuffed by the private sector, thats for sure.
In my view for Jo Bloggs it shouldnt be a case of private v public (lets face it the boundaries become vaguer by the year anyway), we should be standing together for our rights. Unfortunately govt spin makes people resentful and its in the Torys interest to devide and conquer. They are doing a good job on this front when they can get ordinary lower and middle class people believing that slashing the pensions of nurses and firemen is a good thing.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 12 Nov 2012, 2:41 pm

Sorry....I of course meant firefighters......

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 12 Nov 2012, 5:42 pm

Did anyone attend the recent WWE UK shows?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by goldwolf Mon 12 Nov 2012, 6:26 pm

gaelgowfer wrote:

So i see Entwistle has won the lottery deciding to resign after 2 months hard work! My redundancy payout for 19 years loyal service of equivalent to 2.5 months pay is even more of a joke now!

Ahem Rolling Eyes ...

Don't quite know what you mean by a roll of the eyes gael?

goldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Mon 12 Nov 2012, 7:13 pm

goldwolf wrote:
gaelgowfer wrote:

Ahem Rolling Eyes ...

Don't quite know what you mean by a roll of the eyes gael?

U-surped me, that's wot. Wink

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by goldwolf Mon 12 Nov 2012, 7:18 pm

Nope, still not with you?

goldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 13 Nov 2012, 2:41 am

Goldie, I think geal was just annoyed you beat her to the chance of having a dig at Entwistle.

I am really very saddened at the pounding the bbc has been taking since the start of the Saville scandal and wish people could realise what a great service the bbc provides. I am not saying the child abuse incidents should be overlooked but why ruin a great organisation over historic issues?

Anyone involved in the abuse of children should be punished but what must not happen is ending up with a diluted version of the bbc. You only need to look at the awful itv or at other free to air stations around the world to appreciate how great the bbc is.

It is odd that for only $135 a year you get the best media service there is. We should increase the license fee to ensure the quality continues.

Entwistle did not handle the situation well in terms of providing strong leadership during the crisis, but really people is that enough to warrant the public and media's vilification of the bbc?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 13 Nov 2012, 7:22 am

Mac the BBC is brilliant- I mean it produces some brilliant stuff . It is one thing that makes me proud to be british. Therefore this saville thing has got to me abit. However they need to be punished

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 13 Nov 2012, 7:50 am

mystiroakey wrote:Mac the BBC is brilliant- I mean it produces some brilliant stuff . It is one thing that makes me proud to be british. Therefore this saville thing has got to me abit. However they need to be punished

It sadly has some absolute cockends in its ranks though. Radio One for example should be bombed into oblivion.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 13 Nov 2012, 8:04 am

I dont really listen to R1 , Radio2 on the other hand- i like!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 13 Nov 2012, 8:07 am

Well you're over the age of 15 Oakey so of course you don't like R1.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 13 Nov 2012, 8:42 am

Just because R1 is amined at adolescents, doesn't mean it should be trashed. I hate it....but I don't make a habit of listening to it either.

Heaven help us if we're ever subjected to a form of the BBC where the license fee is removed and they subsist on advertising revenue. I hate the dumb advert breaks elesewhere!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 13 Nov 2012, 10:31 am

I personally dont hate it- I just dont listen to it!!- so yeah i agree, Radio 1 is probally popular for some, I havent heard it being ripped up before..

Have you tried any different spaghetti recipes recently NBS?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Tue 13 Nov 2012, 12:09 pm

6 Music is the future
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 13 Nov 2012, 12:29 pm

So is 6 music not here yet then?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 13 Nov 2012, 12:42 pm

mystiroakey wrote:...Have you tried any different spaghetti recipes recently NBS?

Laugh Actually, have a nice spag bol last night.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 13 Nov 2012, 12:44 pm

I hope you went easy on the TK

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 13 Nov 2012, 2:08 pm

Personally I think the BBC has been sliding downhill for quite some time but I think it's symptomatic of the age we live in. I think their jouros are increasingly moving to sound bite sensationalism rather than a good story based on sound in depth analysis.

Their Sports coverage overall is falling to pieces (e.g. losing the Masters). You can tell that their standard of sports reporting is falling too, just look at the slipshod nonsense that is the golf section on their website..very poor and dated.

With regard to the scandals you have to feel a bit sorry for Entwhistle, he barely got his feet under the table before he was thrown to the wolves over something that happened before he was in charge, perhaps he could have handled the whole episode differently but hey ho he's gone and that's that.

Overall the organisation has to give itself a damn good shake and get on with it.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Tue 13 Nov 2012, 9:27 pm

doesn't blumenthal have anything better to do with his time than create a supersize ice cream which will make us 'remember what it was like to be kids'. for someone who claims to be so innovative it's truly pathetic... and his glasses look like dame edna's without the glitter and wings
vomit

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 13 Nov 2012, 9:30 pm

there is no claiming to be innovative- he is!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 13 Nov 2012, 10:51 pm

Anyone watching the Peter Allis interview on golfing world? He looks good for 81, strange that he thinks Jim Furyk has been Tiger's main rival through his career...
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 14 Nov 2012, 6:29 am

yeah that is kind of a shock Incontinetia!

but then thinking about it- furyk has been there or there abouts throughout tigers carrer, whereas singh, els, pmick havent been at the top for the whole time.

But anyway all of that is immaterial. His main rival is clearly poults

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 14 Nov 2012, 8:59 am

Just heard on 5live that a hospital in Ireland that a woman died because of health implications of not carrying an abortion out. What a great country. Rolling Eyes

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:08 am

Ireland is a great country SR - but as most has issues- we need the world to become agnostic but thats a dream world scenario... TBH that cruel situation could have happened anywhere, probally more likely in ireland or even the USA though.

Abortion isnt illegal there is it?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:09 am

Yes roakey, it goes without saying that Poulter will be the main threat to Tiger's assault on Jack's record.

Allis was quite dismissive of Tiger's competition, describing him as 'Gulliver in the land of Lilliputians'!! I've heard that argument before

Super- what are your views on abortion? Please tell us so we can see the light
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:13 am

When a persons life is in danger Incontinent as this persons was, surely the foetus should be aborted and the mother/and foetus shouldn't be allowed to die.

I'm pro choice, not hiding behind stupid religiously influenced beliefs like Irish lawmakers.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:30 am

so it is still illegal then SR? i didnt know that!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:33 am

It is still technically illegal, however there is supposed to be a dispensation on health grounds, not taken into account in this case.

Apparently it isn't even granted for r*** victims either.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:35 am

well i think things are in motion- so you know.. its gonna change..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:35 am

Stone age law though.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:36 am

yep agreed

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:51 am

Abortion is legal in Ireland if there is a risk to the mother's life. I'd say the mistake was with the doctors and not the law.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:55 am

incontinentia wrote:
Allis was quite dismissive of Tiger's competition, describing him as 'Gulliver in the land of Lilliputians'!! I've heard that argument before

If he was dismissive of the likes of Els, Mickleson, Goosen and Singh who Tiger faced at their peaks, god alone knows what he would make of the competition Rory faces now.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Wed 14 Nov 2012, 10:23 am

Seismic changes taking place in Eire. From what I can gather, the state is gradually separating itself from the church. This process has been made easier due to the scandals surrounding priest sex abuses of children.

Still, can't see any irish government sanctioning abortion by choice. Its citizens are just too ... catholic!

"Did you know" that mixed (religion) marriages were frowned upon to the extent that offspring were (perhaps still are?) compelled to be raised as catcholics? Such a policy of course decimated the number of protestants living in Eire which, I guess, was the idea!

Many protestants moved away anyway because I think they were also denied opportunities to help shape the country's political landscape. I think this is now also changing.

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 14 Nov 2012, 10:25 am

Pretty backward country if you ask me.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 14 Nov 2012, 10:32 am

super_realist wrote:Pretty backward country if you ask me.

Yep, thats the Celts for you.....retarded, the lot of them.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 14 Nov 2012, 10:34 am

Aye, you're not wrong Diggers. Where available they've got a huge chip on their shoulder.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 14 Nov 2012, 10:36 am

Its the gingerness, makes them all bitter.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 14 Nov 2012, 10:41 am

The Catholic church's vice-like grip on Irish life has been loosened thankfully. Abortion is a tricky subject in most countries.

How is Ireland backward super, can you list some examples?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 14 Nov 2012, 10:43 am

Eh, having laws dictated to by the church.

Mind you, Western Scotland lives in the past and in bigotry too, so perhaps it's more of a regionalised thing. The more educated parts of the country aren't affected. Run

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 14 Nov 2012, 10:51 am

Super

Even in the UK the church is given too much say when it comes to making laws or changing laws. It would take 100's of years to reform our laws so that they had no relation to the ones we have based on centuries of church input,

I actually have a theory that in 50 to 100 years the ways of the church will be looked upon as one of the most evil practices in human history. It will stagger humans of the future that such a cruel institution (include any religious organisation you want here) could get away with harming so many life's in so many ways for hundreds of years.

And they will think our generation the most bonkers for having enough insight to realise the evils but doing very little about it.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 14 Nov 2012, 10:53 am

That's a pretty interesting view. I think religion is the acceptable face of madness really, and I think The Church (generic for all religion) is just a tool from the middle ages to control the populous.

It hasn't any relevance to the world now.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 14 Nov 2012, 10:54 am

super_realist wrote:Eh, having laws dictated to by the church. n:
that doesnt happen anymore, Ireland has moved on, although slowly- condoms and homosexuality only legal since the early 90's i think.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 14 Nov 2012, 11:01 am

Abortion though, that's still illegal by and large, and that's a law dictated by the belief of the Catholic church.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 14 Nov 2012, 11:05 am

incontinentia wrote:Anyone watching the Peter Allis interview on golfing world? He looks good for 81, strange that he thinks Jim Furyk has been Tiger's main rival through his career...

I watched it, He might well look good for his age but I think his marbles must be beginning to go if he thinks Furyk is/was Tiger's main rival...clearly a blind spot there (Mickelson, Els, Goosen, Singh).
Always an interesting topic but overall I don't think there's much difference between Woods & Nicklaus when it comes to the Gulliver/Lilliputian comparison.

Overall it was a fascinating interview though tinged with sadness at the end, when he spoke about not captaining a winning RC Team, not having the Alliss name on the claret jug then just dropping in missing his daughter who died aged 11, poor sod, you could see it still affects him too.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 14 Nov 2012, 11:06 am

There isn othing stopping any of the partys in Ireland making abortion legal, they just choose not to. The church couldnt stop it other than by influencing its members not to vote for a change.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next