The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Euro Division Homepage XXSomethingsomethingsomething

+11
The Special Juan
cherriesfna
nadeem2099
Hero
Bull
Fernando
Marky
FIFA Diva
Trebs
Good Golly I'm Olly
sodhat
15 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Euro Division Homepage XXSomethingsomethingsomething - Page 20 Empty Euro Division Homepage XXSomethingsomethingsomething

Post by sodhat Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

606V2 EURODivision

Announcements

Event: The great 606v2 meet up extravaganza
Date: Saturday 26 October 2013
Venue: TBC, likely a sports bar
Time: 1900 onwards
Attending: Azzy + Viva + Sodhat + Marky + Nando (maybe), Olly, cherries others TBC

Season 1 Starts this week
Tactics due by 11.59pm on Friday 16th August

Tactics are sent to Olly
Votes are sent to sodhat. Votes must be in by 11:59pm on Monday of the appropriate gameweek.

The Enrique & J from 5ive League

FC WHU Do You Think You Are - Gregers
Bilbao - Afro
Would you dance, if Ajax you to dance? - Sodhat
Southampton FC - Marky
PSV - GSC
Sport Club Corinthians Paulista - Nando                                                                              
                                                                                                                                                                               Top Scorers
Lille - Trebs

Glad t'be bach - Hero

FC Basel - cherriesfna

FC ZwagAtletico - Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

The Nodge - Olly

Fool 'em FC - Azzy

Last edited by sodhat on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:43 pm; edited 3 times in total

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Euro Division Homepage XXSomethingsomethingsomething - Page 20 Empty Re: Euro Division Homepage XXSomethingsomethingsomething

Post by GSC Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:49 pm

Add John to the list of people that need a slap on the football section.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Euro Division Homepage XXSomethingsomethingsomething - Page 20 Empty Re: Euro Division Homepage XXSomethingsomethingsomething

Post by Guest Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:01 pm

Him and Chris do my head in.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:02 pm

Hes so biased against Arsenal its hilarious.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:03 pm

He's trying to make out signing Mezut Ozil for 42.5m is akin to desperately paying 35m for Carroll.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:04 pm

I'd put Ozil in the top 20 players in world football, probably top 15, possibly pushing top 10.

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:05 pm

No way is Ozil half the player Bale is. In context, £42.5m is a decent fee.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:07 pm

A world class player in his prime for 42.5m in this market is a very good deal.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:08 pm

I'm surprised Ozil was the one to let go. I would have let Di Maria walk without hesitation if it meant keeping Ozil, Ronaldo, Bale and Isco together.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:09 pm

sodhat wrote:I'm surprised Ozil was the one to let go. I would have let Di Maria walk without hesitation if it meant keeping Ozil, Ronaldo, Bale and Isco together.
Amen. Real haven't done very good business this summer. Why keep Coentrao? Why keep di Maria? Why sell Higuain and not replace him? I think Barca are odds-on for the title.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:09 pm

Di Maria likely is walking. Somebody had to be the odd man out, it wasn't going to be Ronaldo, Isco just signed.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:11 pm

If I am United, I am only signing Fellaini on the condition that he gets his hair cut.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:13 pm

They need a striker too I think. Of course Ronaldo's going to get 40+ goals but they need someone in the middle and Benzema isn't up to it which makes me wonder whether Suarez will be a Liverpool player at the end of the day (or Rooney at Utd player).
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:14 pm

I like Madrid's business this summer tbh, brought in several young soon to be greats, I think they'll pip Barca.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:14 pm

I think Madrid will make a push for Suarez
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:14 pm

GSC wrote:He's trying to make out signing Mezut Ozil for 42.5m is akin to desperately paying 35m for Carroll.
Laugh Whos trying to say that? Ozil is top quality.

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:14 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:If I am United, I am only signing Fellaini on the condition that he gets his hair cut.
Where would you even begin?

I mean you'd probably be best to just get some garden shears and lop off as much as possible in one swoop.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:15 pm

Hero wrote:I like Madrid's business this summer tbh, brought in several young soon to be greats, I think they'll pip Barca.
Isco is top class. Illiarimendi is a good young player if (a fair bit) overpriced. Not quite sure it'll click up front right away though. Especially if they sign Suarez, thats a front 4 thats never played together.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:16 pm

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra wrote:
GSC wrote:He's trying to make out signing Mezut Ozil for 42.5m is akin to desperately paying 35m for Carroll.
Laugh Whos trying to say that? Ozil is top quality.
John on the football section. Apparently Arsenal are only getting Ozil because they're the only ones desperate enough to offer 40m plus for him.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:28 pm

Re: Arsenal on the footy board:

"Fantastic in attack, but not much else.

Basically any team good at keeping possession or deadly on the counter attack will steamroll them still."

Like Tottenham did, yeah?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:28 pm

Nah, £40m for Ozil is a good price. He quality. TBH Id lvoe him at Man United but we are already mismanaging Kagawa it would just be another waste.

One point, does anyone think Wenger signing Ozil is just distracting the fans from what they really need? Dont get me wrong, quality signing but I felt Arsenal's requirements for a striker & central midfielder, center back & maybe even fullback were more important than buying someone who plays the same position as Cazorla and maybe even Podolski/Walcott (left or right cutting in).

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:30 pm

I think if a player of Ozils quality is available for 40m you buy him. Its a case of forget needs, hes too good.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:32 pm

Surely if Ozil for 40m is a panic buy, paying more than Fellainis release fee also counts?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:36 pm

United have pulled a right CF with that Fellaini deal. Had him for 4.5m less if they hadn't waited until the very last second. Is Moyes CF in disguise?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:47 pm

GSC wrote:I think if a player of Ozils quality is available for 40m you buy him. Its a case of forget needs, hes too good.

Surely if Ozil for 40m is a panic buy, paying more than Fellainis release fee also counts?
Agree with both. First point I favou, Ozil quality available you go get it, only part I question is £40m there could get 2/3 good players which Arsenal actually needs for squad depth. But I do agree with the point.
Second part, Moyes & The Ghost f'ed up. Chasing unrealistic targets wasted time, we should paid Fellaini's release clause when it was there & got it done, moved onto the next bit of business. David Gill was important to us, The Ghost probably hasnt settled in properly & maybe finding it tough early on but thats no excuse, your at Man United you need to produce results & not get a nickname like The Ghost.

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:48 pm

Fellaini at £23.5m is a good deal. Fair on both sides. Fellaini at £28m means United are idiots, and Everton are the winners, especially if they spend £12.5m of that on James McCarthy. Good business for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:49 pm

Ba on loan seems like it will happen. 

I'd still splash the cash on Cabaye, and maybe 1 more defender.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:50 pm

Cabaye, no more than £15m.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:51 pm

Did think maybe Gill should've seen through the summer to bridge the transition. Replacing the 2 key men at OT with regards to transfers does seem to have led to dithering.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:52 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Fellaini at £23.5m is a good deal. Fair on both sides. Fellaini at £28m means United are idiots, and Everton are the winners, especially if they spend £12.5m of that on James McCarthy. Good business for them.
Or Fernando Reges to Everton as is being rumoured
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:55 pm

Whats happened at West Brom Azzy?

Clubs like Norwich going on a spending spree, yet £0 spent on permanant deals so far at WBA
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:02 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Fellaini at £23.5m is a good deal. Fair on both sides. Fellaini at £28m means United are idiots, and Everton are the winners, especially if they spend £12.5m of that on James McCarthy. Good business for them.
£24 + few adds on is the reported deal.

GSC wrote:Ba on loan seems like it will happen.
Bit injury prone so sounds like a good move for him.
GSC wrote:Did think maybe Gill should've seen through the summer to bridge the transition. Replacing the 2 key men at OT with regards to transfers does seem to have led to dithering.
Yep, think its clear to see there's been some F ups with lack of summer transfers.

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:15 pm

GSC wrote:Whats happened at West Brom Azzy?

Clubs like Norwich going on a spending spree, yet £0 spent on permanant deals so far at WBA
Why spend money on players and build on 8th place when you can spend nothing and get relegated? Our Chairman said just a month ago that Albion are a 'mid-table Championship club that's massively over-achieving', so his plan must be to take us back there Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:16 pm

Is Steve Clarke the plainest bloke on Earth?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:16 pm

Everton also now linked with Davide Astori.

Some good players lined up Roberto, but we really could do with a striker
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:16 pm

Lee Camp seems to have found a new career sitting on the bench of clubs with GK injuries
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:17 pm

Everton now linked to Porto's Fernando. Would be a better use of the wage bill than signing Gareth Barry, and seeing as he's only got one year left on his deal would be a great cheap replacement for Fellaini.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:17 pm

sodhat wrote:Is Steve Clarke the plainest bloke on Earth?
He makes me want to kill myself. The only person connected to my club that I wish I'd never met.

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:18 pm

Marky wrote:Everton now linked to Porto's Fernando. Would be a better use of the wage bill than signing Gareth Barry, and seeing as he's only got one year left on his deal would be a great cheap replacement for Fellaini.
Sell Fellaini for £24m and buy Fernando for £15m....yeah, I'd happily take that
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:19 pm

Hypothetical

Fellaini and Herrera or Ozil and Cabaye?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:20 pm

Anyone else for Mafia?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:21 pm

GSC wrote:Hypothetical

Fellaini and Herrera or Ozil and Cabaye?
If I was United, Fellaini and Herrera. Although Ozil and Cabaye is a better pair, it doesn't solve their lack of steel in midfield.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:21 pm

Appears Man U are going to meet the buyout clause of Ander Herrera at £36m

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:22 pm

If I was United, Fellaini + Ozil. I'd never want Cabaye, and Herrera only if Ozil turned us down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:32 pm

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 19s
Ander Herrera is now 1/5 to leave Athletic Bilbao today, with Manchester United looking likely to finally land a target: #SkyDeadlineDay

Afro wrote:If I was United, Fellaini and Herrera. Although Ozil and Cabaye is a better pair, it doesn't solve their lack of steel in midfield.
Agree with that, Fellaini & Herrera will suit what we need better.
Kagawa being misused right now we dont need Ozil making that worse. #FreeShinji

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:36 pm

ZZZ, fancy sorting the issue on the PreZiction page?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:39 pm

Add the money Marky-Mark, it's obvious you're the winner Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:42 pm

Hero actually has 7 I think
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:45 pm

I count 7 for Hero too
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:48 pm

Marky wrote:ZZZ, fancy sorting the issue on the PreZiction page?
Sorted

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:49 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Add the money Marky-Mark, it's obvious you're the winner Smile
You missed the word "banker" too then Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next