The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Blacks...Argentina Teams

+9
maestegmafia
Taylorman
emack2
LondonTiger
Biltong
alanmackie6
Cyril
GloriousEmpire
aucklandlaurie
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

All Blacks...Argentina Teams Empty All Blacks...Argentina Teams

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 04 Sep 2013, 8:01 pm

Teams for Saturday Night, Waikato Stadium:

New Zealand:
15.Israel Dagg,
14.Ben Smith,
13. Conrad Smith,
12. Francis Saili,
11.Julian Savea,
10. Dan Carter,
9. Aaron Smith,
8. Kieren Read,
7.R. McCaw (c),
6. Steven Luatua,
5. Sam Whitelock,
4. Broddie Rettalick,
3. Charlie Faumauina,
2. Andrew Hore,
1.Tony Woodcock,

Reserves: D. Coles. B.Franks, W.Crockett, J. Thrush, T. Kerr-Barlow, S. Cane, B.Barrett, Charlie Piutau.

Argentina;

J.M. Hernandez, G. Canacho, M.Bosch, S. Fernandez, H, Agulla, N. Sanchez, M.Landajo, J.M. Leguizamon, P. Matera, J.M.F. Lobbe (c), J.F. Cabello, m.Carizza, Juan Figallo, E. Guiazu, M.Ayerza,.. Reserves:A. Creevy, N. Lobo, J.P. Orlandi, M. Galarza, B. Macome, T. Cubelli, F. Contepomi..

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

All Blacks...Argentina Teams Empty Re: All Blacks...Argentina Teams

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 04 Sep 2013, 8:06 pm

Not selected and returned to play ITM Cup:Halal, Crotty, Shields.

Francis Saili will become All Black No.1126, playing in the place of Maa Nonu who is recovering from an injured ankle.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Wed 04 Sep 2013, 9:01 pm

Most exciting Backline in world rugby for a decade.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 04 Sep 2013, 9:06 pm

GloriousEmpire wrote:Most exciting Backline in world rugby for a decade.
Since the Lions 2013 surely?

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 04 Sep 2013, 9:16 pm

Owen getting over injury. Messam home ground but Luatua continues. The first is a change that needs making and the second makes a lot of sense to persist with Luatua. Nonu rested similarly to get his ankle fine for SA.

You have to hand it to Hansen. Now that Williams is gone, Weepu and Vito told to shape up. I can't fault the guy. OK 

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by alanmackie6 Wed 04 Sep 2013, 9:25 pm

Pretty much as expected ,pity Crotty hasn't had a decent run solid if not spectacular what price Kaino back next season.Have`nt been convinced by either Messam or Vito atTest
level.Wonder if Perenara will ever get a shot,really this match off the bench would have
been ideal.

alanmackie6

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 04 Sep 2013, 9:32 pm

That's true Alan. I'm not convinced by TK. Maybe he's being given a chance like Vito and TJ will tour at the end of the year.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2013, 1:18 am

How's your back Kia? Still on the good stuff?

TJ had a poor super season didn't he? But so did A Smith to be fair. Is TJ still considered the future #1? I really like Smith because he's a fiesty wee fella with a precocious personality. I don't know how to explain this properly, but TJ seems a bit more reserved, polite, and god forbid I'm saying this, 'gentle'. Does TJ have the balls for it? He reminds me a bit of slade, he just doesn't seem to have the chutzpah for it. Maybe I've got that wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 05 Sep 2013, 9:22 am

Still on the good stuff ebop but playing poker tomorrow night and a mate has come back from Cuba with proper cigars. That adds up to a break from the pills and back on the sauce!

It's difficult to compare Smith and TJ because TJ hasn't played test footy yet. It's great that Smith has his zip back and he outplayed Genia. I'd still like to see TJ tour at the end of the year and I get the impression they're keeping the young man in club rugby this year and watching him closely.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 05 Sep 2013, 9:44 am

I think the Argentines will be feeling confident and highly motivated for this match, I doubt it will help much, but at least I expect them to give it a go until the All Blacks find a way to break the defence for the first time, then they will lose faith in their structures and the all Blacks will run riot in the second half.

I expect the All Blacks to lead by about 10 at halftime, and then ultimately win by about 30.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:13 am

NZ should be looking to put at least 50 on Argentina.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:18 am

It's about doing things right. It's not about how many points you put on a team. Bonus points are worth considering during a match but you can't go into a game thinking we need 5 points and a shedload of tries.

The NZ team likes to wear down oppositions and, as BB says, they take profit from that in the final quarter. With Lobbe back in the team, (how good is the Lobbe Luatua match up!) I expect the Puma defence to be very tight and for some big hits to be put in. You've got to be able to deal with that and look for your opportunities. Composure and patience. No offloading sketchy passes because you feel you need to force your hand to break the line. If you build it, they will come.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by alanmackie6 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:21 am

With respect neither Slade or Perenara have had much luck or chances to play for AB`s
injuries hampering them at key times.Neither Brian or Aron Smith are YET great players
Aron at least can pass a ball when it suits him.Surprising how many well capped AB 9`s
considered greats weren't good passers.Kelleher and Justin Marshall were the 9th forward
type.Sid Going the Great Running 9,Jimmy Cowan a complete journeyman BUT the best
defensive 9 on the Planet.Against Argentina get the basics right, defence,goalkicking,set piece
especially scrum.Let Dan the Man do his thing,get match fit and hopefully injury free for
the Boks.No "Hail Mary"passes which we`ve seen on occasions the last two matches.

alanmackie6

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:32 am

Brian Smith? Have you been watching Life of Brian Alan? Ben Smith is not the Messiah but neither is he a very naughty boy. He's progressed in the AB environment unlike players like Cane who not only haven't performed for NZ but have seen a drop off in form for their Super teams.

Aaron Smith was sketchy for a few games last year. He didn't have a great Super season but he's looked sharp so far. Still a long way to go but he's deserved his starting spot and that pass of his has been missing for years. Well worth persevering with but he's got a lot to learn. That's a good thing if you're still learning and outplay Genia.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:40 am

Tell me about this Saili bloke at 12 please. Showing my ignorance, but never heard of him.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:46 am

Come up through the age groups along with TJ Perenara, Rettalick, Barrett etc. Plays for the Blues. In no way similar to Nonu so it'll be interesting to see if Savea comes infield looking to take up Nonu's role. He's going to be tested on defence but he has a good passing and running game. Now's the perfect opportunity to introduce him.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 05 Sep 2013, 12:24 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Tell me about this Saili bloke at 12 please. Showing my ignorance, but never heard of him.
Great prospect, fleet of foot, breaks tackles, pace, looks for the offload, excellent player.

Youtube
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 7:18 pm

Kia.I`m sure B.Smith has come on in leaps and bounds from the utility player he was last year.BUT Kirwan,Lomu,Jarden,Sivivatu,Rockococo,Stu Wilson,Jeff Wilson were Greats he
has yet to achieve those heights.Stuck outside the best 13 in World Rugby and with perhaps currently the best attacking 15 behind him.A World class Pack in front of him he has not yet
reached the heights some of the eulogising suggests.He holds his place on merit plus the desire for at least one wing covering the FB .Possibly the player who has made most strides this year.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 05 Sep 2013, 7:51 pm

Who was saying he was the equal of those players Alan. People are praising him not for the player he is but for his form. He scored 5 tries in 2 Bledisloe games and carried on his Super form in the series against France. Last year Dagg was our strike attacking weapon. This year it's been Smith. There's no hype there. It's fact.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 9:10 pm

Not suggesting that Kia but in most cases it was a case of just finishing off the work of those inside him.Dagg may not be scoring them but in a least two cases it was a case of forward,
Conrad Smith,Dagg,and the outside pass to finish.Don`t get me wrong his strike rate is amazing but some of the comments about him have been a bit over the top.It will be interesting if they tried him at 12 or 13 when CoryJane is fit.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 05 Sep 2013, 9:18 pm

He seems the prime candidate for taking over Conrad Smith for the end if year tour. Dagg is doing a great job. Savea hasn't seen the ball go his way but he's been solid.

Good to see you got your old account back.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 06 Sep 2013, 12:03 am

Looking forward to Sai'ili's debut. Good to see new Aucks players who have come through the Auckland ranks in the mix rather than relying on the evergreen Mealamu and Weepu's of the game. Luatua, Piatau, Sai'ili and possibly his brother might all be in there in short time.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 06 Sep 2013, 4:29 am

LondonTiger wrote:Tell me about this Saili bloke at 12 please. Showing my ignorance, but never heard of him.

The short answer Tiger is that all you need to know is that he comes from Auckland, which means he will be very very good, inventive, strong, good feet, and fast. He actually had a very good Super xv (First full year at that level) and there was only one player that out played him and showed how this playing in the mid field business is done.....that was against the Stormers, some blond haired bloke.

Hes a lot like a young Maa Nonu.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 06 Sep 2013, 4:43 am

Saiili likes to have go too, try things. Adds excitement to this match...with luatua on the up maybe Auckland can do some long lost support of the ABs finally.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 06 Sep 2013, 4:48 am

Too true Taylorman, in fact at times he likes to have too much of a go, Perhaps Shag thought that here's a chance to put him in between Dan Carter and Conrad Smith?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 06 Sep 2013, 9:05 am

Luatua though seems to have curbed his willynillyness as he was looser than cream corn in some of the Super games. Saili will be told to have a crack when the time is right but to just do the basics well and good things will come from that.

It's great to see these young Auckland boys given a go. They will provide much needed inspiration for even younger Auckland players coming through the system and will provide hope and make them feel they can stick with rugby and realise their dreams. I'm sure Luatua alone will have that effect but add in the Blues and the other fringe AB players like Halai and Piatau and there's a lot to sit up and take notice for the Auckland population. That can only be a good thing for NZ rugby.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 06 Sep 2013, 9:19 am

cheers kia...its been a long lonely road for auks in the ABs thats for sure.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 06 Sep 2013, 9:23 am

It was a cold dark room for Canterbury for much of the 90s. Despite my joking, I really don't give a pooh where the AB players come from. Once they pull on that black shirt they're all ours.

Tapping into NZ's biggest population area can only be a good thing though for NZ rugby.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 06 Sep 2013, 10:08 am

yes its a pity weve never had an AB side at a time where both Cantab and Auks were at the top of their game. Auckland up until 97 then passed the baton to Cantab who have had it since. lucky world Id say...we could have been even stronger. just seems theres only room for one head honcho.
At least we know JK and Henry will leave no stone unturned to get the Auks back to the top.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 06 Sep 2013, 10:41 pm

Looking forward to this one. Argentina can field a decent team and have been in camp for a while. I am sure the ABs have the class to put Argentina to bed but it will hopefully be a close game.

Anything more than a seven point win for the ABs is a very good result.

Unfortunately I am not sure Monsieur Garces is the best referee for this match, often creates very staccato affaires..!

Last edited by maestegmafia on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 06 Sep 2013, 10:44 pm

NZ by around 50 I reckon.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 06 Sep 2013, 10:51 pm

Shocked ...50?!...Shocked 

would hate to think Henrys involvement would have set the improvements made in their last match back that far...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 06 Sep 2013, 10:59 pm

Yep, if they can't match SA I'd be surprised.

Argentina are woeful.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Sep 2013, 11:45 pm

Going fishing today Cyril? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 07 Sep 2013, 6:57 am

If anyone has a good link to watching the match please let me know

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:42 am

Well it wasn't his first touch but his second was a shocker. Saili just needs to forget about that and get on with it. Well taken chance Argentina with good handling to get it out into space.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by FerN Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:49 am

Good start for the Argentinians.

FerN

Back to top Go down

Post by FerN Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:52 am

Second steal for the NZ on Arg lineout now. If the Argies don't sort that out there hard work will all be for nothing

FerN

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:01 am

You were right Fern. NZ get possession from a lineout error and a great offload from Read and NZ are rewarded for not going for goal and Argentina have their hooker in the sin bin.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:04 am

Dan Carter makes a bust and Aaron Smith gets an opportunisitic try. Carter seems to be sniffing the gaps out. Let's see how Argentina react because they'll be mindful they scored the first time at home last year and then got hammered. They need to respond.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:05 am

No try wrong call

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:07 am

How so?

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:08 am

Good passage of play from Argentina and they take reward with 3. 15 10.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by FerN Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:09 am

I think it will be all NZ from here on out though

FerN

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:10 am

Watch the replay, smith slaps the ball on to the line but his hand is not on it when it touches the line. Should have been a knock on.
To be fair should have been a try under the posts if carter had passed

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:10 am

Some great basket ball style handling by both teams. What a great game...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:10 am

Knackeredknees wrote:Watch the replay, smith slaps the ball on to the line but his hand is not on it when it touches the line. Should have been a knock on.
That was my first thought too

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by FerN Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:11 am

Knackeredknees wrote:Watch the replay, smith slaps the ball on to the line but his hand is not on it when it touches the line. Should have been a knock on.
His hand doesn't need to be on the ball, if he applied the sole downward pressure it is a try.

FerN

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:15 am

FerN wrote:
His hand doesn't need to be on the ball, if he applied the sole downward pressure it is a try.
Downward pressure on the ground......otherwise you could just run over the try line and throw the ball on the ground ala American football.

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by FerN Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:15 am

Just goes to show, if Argentina was more disciplined, they might still have been in front. They really need to sort that out, they have all the ingredients to be a top side though

FerN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next