The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Night out with the boys

+8
dallym
Hood83
Breadvan
Norfolklass
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Cyril
GloriousEmpire
kiakahaaotearoa
12 posters

Go down

Night out with the boys Empty Night out with the boys

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 06 Sep 2013, 4:17 pm

Last night some rugby friends of mine went out after having a game of poker. I won so I was in high spirits and more than a little drunk. We got to the club and a bouncer friend of mine was on the door. Even though I accidentally bumped into him, he gave me a crippling handshake and a pat on the back. Though he did stop a friend and gave him grief about his trainers. Most people would get aggro at the prospect of being turned away but my friend laughed it off and gave a friendly jibe to the bouncer. No smile from the bouncer but he let my mate in.

A few drinks and standing around looking at the talent and someone plucks up enough courage to bust a move. He gets leered and jeered at but it doesn't seem to knock his confidence. Much to the disgust of all my other friends, the guy with the trainers glides up to the best looking girl in the club and starts getting on like a house on fire with her.

This spurs another friend into action. He looks contemptuously at the mate now grinding with the most attractive girl on the dance floor and says if that idiot can pull her, I can choose anyone else. Another friend says I can do better than that. I can get that girl to start grinding with me. The former goes up and starts confidently with another beauty but in the end her friend drags her away and leaves him looking for the next target. The latter, however, moves up and tries to push the friend away from the stunner and starts pulling off his best dance moves. She looks impressed and starts dancing with him but just as it seemed he might have pulled it off my other friend comes back with a drink and wins the stunner over. This calls for desperation from the other and he starts break dancing. It certainly gets everyone's attention but in the end it comes to nothing.

Meanwhile, some other friends have been putting away the drinks with vengeance. One of them makes a comment to the friend seeking comfort in a drink and they start flailing their fists in fury. There's no love lost between them and everyone seems content to just stand back and watch the spectacle. Eventually one of my tall mates stands in between them and pulls them off each other. I'm in the toilet and miss everything much to my disgust but my drunkenness doesn't stop me from making a comment and everyone tells me to shut the ruck up and tells me to stay out of it and start buying the rest of them drinks as I won so much from them. I thought I had already done that and chide one of my tight arse friends why he feels he doesn't have to pay for any drinks because he's so spectacularly poor at playing poker.

Tempers start cooling down and we all have a laugh at a friend who once could pull anyone but has recently been going through a very lean patch. He couldn't pull in a brothel, he couldn't catch a cold nude skiing. It doesn't seem to faze him. He's still convinced he's the best looking guy in the club.

Never a dull moment with this group of friends.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Night out with the boys Empty Re: Night out with the boys

Post by Guest Fri 06 Sep 2013, 4:30 pm

You're still drunk aren't you

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 06 Sep 2013, 4:55 pm

You better believe it. thumbsup 

Three more hours and I'm going out again. Sending off the summer in big style.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Fri 06 Sep 2013, 5:30 pm

I kept reading waiting for the relevance to this forum. But there is none. I thought it was a stirring analogy of team spirit or rousing allegory for lions supporters (during the internal
Competition and fight breaking out) but no. Just a random drinking story. 

Mods! Please move this post elsewhere!

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 06 Sep 2013, 5:33 pm

I was wondering about the relevance to the rugby forum too.

In other news, my garden has a good crop of tomatoes this year. I think here is as good as any place to post it. tomato tomato tomatotomato

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Fri 06 Sep 2013, 5:37 pm

I have a waxy build up in my right ear. I think I might have a slight infection from my ear phones that I found wedged in my coat pocket from last winter.

That and I forgot my umbrella this morning and got a bit wet when the bus was late.

Anyone else?

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 06 Sep 2013, 5:40 pm

Thought you two would feel right at home on this thread. Hug 

Care to guess the nationalities of my friends? I think there you'll find the rugby relevance.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 06 Sep 2013, 5:42 pm

Are they from Finland?

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 06 Sep 2013, 5:47 pm

Cyril wrote:I was wondering about the relevance to the rugby forum too.

In other news, my garden has a good crop of tomatoes this year. I think here is as good as any place to post it. tomato tomato tomatotomato
I know, Cyril, tell me about it - we've got apples coming out the wazoo

Glad you had a good evening, kia Wink

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 06 Sep 2013, 5:51 pm

An Englishman, an Irishman, A Welshman, A Scot, A South African, An Australian, A Frenchman and me a Kiwi.

There was poetic licence with the story but like most films it was based on true events.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Fri 06 Sep 2013, 6:02 pm

I like the Finland story better. Or what about this: they're a group of rugby fanatical American college lads who were inspired by the mythical Haka and sought out a kiwi to instil the legends of the mighty warrior chiefs that spawned it?  

Man there is a hot chick in this train sitting opposite.
I love Indian summers.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 06 Sep 2013, 6:04 pm

GloriousEmpire wrote:Man there is a hot chick in this train sitting opposite.
I love Indian summers.
Indian Summers, eh? Sounds like she works in the adult industry.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Fri 06 Sep 2013, 6:09 pm

I'm guessing Czech, as in: let me get my Czech book out...

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Norfolklass Fri 06 Sep 2013, 6:28 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Last night some rugby friends of mine went out after having a game of poker. I won so I was in high spirits and more than a little drunk. We got to the club and a bouncer friend of mine was on the door. Even though I accidentally bumped into him, he gave me a crippling handshake and a pat on the back. Though he did stop a friend and gave him grief about his trainers. Most people would get aggro at the prospect of being turned away but my friend laughed it off and gave a friendly jibe to the bouncer. No smile from the bouncer but he let my mate in.

A few drinks and standing around looking at the talent and someone plucks up enough courage to bust a move. He gets leered and jeered at but it doesn't seem to knock his confidence. Much to the disgust of all my other friends, the guy with the trainers glides up to the best looking girl in the club and starts getting on like a house on fire with her.

This spurs another friend into action. He looks contemptuously at the mate now grinding with the most attractive girl on the dance floor and says if that idiot can pull her, I can choose anyone else. Another friend says I can do better than that. I can get that girl to start grinding with me. The former goes up and starts confidently with another beauty but in the end her friend drags her away and leaves him looking for the next target. The latter, however, moveSamanthayand tries to push the friend away from the stunner and starts pulling off his best dance moves. She looks impressed and starts dancing with him but just as it seemed he might have pulled it off my other friend comes back with a drink and wins the stunner over. This calls for desperation from the other and he starts break dancing. It certainly gets everyone's attention but in the end it comes to nothing.

Meanwhile, some other friends have been putting away the drinks with vengeance. One of them makes a comment to the friend seeking comfort in a drink and they start flailing their fists in fury. There's no love lost between them and everyone seems content to just stand back and watch the spectacle. Eventually one of my tall mates stands in between them and pulls them off each other. I'm in the toilet and miss everything much to my disgust but my drunkenness doesn't stop me from making a comment and everyone tells me to shut the ruck up and tells me to stay out of it and start buying the rest of them drinks as I won so much from them. I thought I had already done that and chide one of my tight arse friends why he feels he doesn't have to pay for any drinks because he's so spectacularly poor at playing poker.

Tembutter tart cooling down and we all have a laugh at a friend who once could pull anyone but has recently been going through a very lean patch. He couldn't pull in a brothel, he couldn't catch a cold nude skiing. It doesn't seem to faze him. He's still convinced he's the best looking guy in the club.

Never a dull moment with this group of friends.
You flippin nutcase. What a guy.

Norfolklass

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri 06 Sep 2013, 6:47 pm

Great dit (story) Kia. Reads like a classic lads night out...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Fri 06 Sep 2013, 6:56 pm

GloriousEmpire wrote:I like the Finland story better. Or what about this: they're a group of rugby fanatical American college lads who were inspired by the mythical Haka and sought out a kiwi to instil the legends of the mighty warrior chiefs that spawned it?  

Man there is a hot chick in this train sitting opposite.
I love Indian summers.
GE, the '70s called, they want their jive-talk back. Screw this Indian summer, drizzle and a fresh 16C today - that's more like it, none of this SH third world weather rubbish.

...fair point on the attractive women though, obviously solar powered.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by dallym Sun 08 Sep 2013, 9:43 am

a late night out. So you got a photo with James O'Connor then?

dallym

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 08 Sep 2013, 12:31 pm

Jive talk? I think not.  I believe the phrase would've been:

Damn! dat tan blip, chick set got my barbecue! Kopasetic on the lamp. Ain't no battle to the barrelhouse at six chimes. Uh-huh and I'm sayin' it to the fine dinner fronting on the frolic pad. Hep cat, got your boots on?

At least according to the jive dictionary. No wonder they died out. I suspect starved to death trying to order a main course without a metaphor. So help me.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 08 Sep 2013, 1:51 pm

Good story Kia. I got one for you, bunch of Newport lads on a night out in Swansea. Not for the faint hearted though.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 08 Sep 2013, 8:08 pm

On their day, they were legends?

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Norfolklass Sun 08 Sep 2013, 8:12 pm

If you're 15-17 and a bit of a dude this thread is really cool. However if you've ever formed any kind of genuine relationship with a woman, beyond elaborate masturbation, this thread stinks.

Norfolklass

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 08 Sep 2013, 8:23 pm

Norfolklass wrote:If you're 15-17 and a bit of a dude this thread is really cool. However if you've ever formed any kind of genuine relationship with a woman, beyond elaborate masturbation, this thread stinks.
I'm 39. Married for 16 years. Divorced. Second serious relationship running for 5 years. At the hinting for engagment rings stage. I'm in my second mid life crisis. So shoot me. It's ok to indulge the part of you that remembers what fun is from time to time. 

Genuine relationships are all very vital and all, but sometimes you just have to know how to step outside the suburban dream for a few hours.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sun 08 Sep 2013, 8:36 pm

This thread is an allegory Norfolklass. I think you're taking it literally.

Which nationalities in rugby do you think punch above their weight and show no sign of fear or intimidation mixing with the top teams? Which nationalities often spar or bicker amongst themselves but the others really don't take much notice? Which nationality still thinks they've got it even though they haven't won anything in rugby for a while.

Less of the hand and more of the mind...

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun 08 Sep 2013, 8:39 pm

My bit about the tomatoes was just about tomatoes.

Apologies for any offence caused.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 08 Sep 2013, 8:43 pm

No it isn't. It's a pointless irrelevant drinking story.

When I do it forces me to confront my prejudices and I desperately don't want to. 

The guy in the trainers is a Kiwi born of Samoan descent , playing for Samoa against New Zealand in Samoa.  The bouncer is clearly Walsh. A kiwi born, Reborn Aussie now able to ref New Zealand versus Samoa. 

Speaking of which has anyone else read From Moron to Moron? There's a great holiday read.

Last edited by GloriousEmpire on Sun 08 Sep 2013, 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Sun 08 Sep 2013, 8:44 pm

I lay off the booze these days because i was a complete fool when i used to go out drinking i had no moral compass and it was like truth serum! which landed me in so much trouble.
Still look back with a giggle and a cringe.

DeludedOptimistorjustDave

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 08 Sep 2013, 8:45 pm

Well I enjoyed the read.

Cant beat a good night out and seeing your mates trying to pull.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun 08 Sep 2013, 9:03 pm

DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:I lay off the booze these days because i was a complete fool when i used to go out drinking i had no moral compass and it was like truth serum! which landed me in so much trouble.
Still look back with a giggle and a cringe.
That does explain some of your previous posting.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sun 08 Sep 2013, 9:05 pm

Good man for entering the spirit GE.

Good man for laying off the spirits DOJD. Knowing when you're beaten by something is a sign of strength.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 08 Sep 2013, 9:52 pm

Team NZ take the first race of the day. 3-0 up and 5-0 up on penalty. Seem to have better boat speed upwind in converting an 18 second loss at the first mark to a 27 second lead. 

Irrelevant I know, but thought i mention it.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Sep 2013, 10:05 pm

GE, good race that huh. I get nervous when they tack so close though. Don't wanna jinx it, but it's looking good for TNZ! Bring it home boys.

Kia, is the guy that couldn't pull in a brothel from kalgoorlie? Which is a big worry. Maybe it's just his confidence is shot. Who plays his wingman or do you secretly enjoy watching him flounder.

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 08 Sep 2013, 10:07 pm

At some point someone's boat is gonna break spectacularly. It's going to be carnage. Call me parochial but I hope it's the yanks.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sun 08 Sep 2013, 10:49 pm

Go Dean and the boys. Great stuff. Hurt them now when you have the edge.

Ebop they are pastiches of real life friends. Confidence is a funny thing. I'm just glad I'm a married man! A married man with no kids who still goes out with no fear of being woken the next day by your kid wanting breakfast.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 08 Sep 2013, 11:04 pm

Bar Steward Americans

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Sep 2013, 11:16 pm

Funny, just a good old fashioned night out on the town ay You're a crack up mate, funny post, good to see you're still hitting the right places where stunners frequent to. I hear ya about the kids, I've got an 18 month old and I get about 5 hrs sleep, it's bloody torture.

Still 3-0 to TNZ after oracle win Race 4, getting hot in here!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Sep 2013, 7:31 am

Norfolklass wrote:If you're 15-17 and a bit of a dude this thread is really cool. However if you've ever formed any kind of genuine relationship with a woman, beyond elaborate masturbation, this thread stinks.
Best WUM I've ever seen...

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 09 Sep 2013, 11:05 am

I disagree I appreciated the story. It reminds me of my time spent in Madrid. There is a lot of fun to be had there. Women just dont understand the dynamics and importance of a good lads night out anyway.

What I want to know was where was the guy from who got the cracker and where were the guys scrapping from?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon 09 Sep 2013, 1:03 pm

Which nationality do you think has few problems with confidence GG? Or at least not shy to talk?

Scrapping has been embellished but which two do you think come to verbal blows?

PS how are the intercambios going, mate?

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 09 Sep 2013, 1:15 pm

I took a break from intercambios to do some work related exams. Might start again next week. No girls I liked anyway really. I was previously engaged for five years but am single now so out of practice.

Irish people struggle with confidence when it comes to sport but maybe not when it comes to women. I dont know really. Dutch courage.

I wouldnt be surprised if any of the Englishman, Irishman, Welsh, Scot, Saffer, Aussie or Kiwi were in the fight. All love a good ruck.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon 09 Sep 2013, 1:21 pm

Bingo on the chat front. The answer was right for the tension somewhere in the choices you gave even though they were well behaved the other night.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down