The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog

+19
Cari
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
St John The Enforcer
rodders
WillyGilly
PenfroPete
MrsP
aucklandlaurie
Notch
Jenifer McLadyboy
Glas a du
Luckless Pedestrian
prop_lyd
littleswannygirl
Thomond
Gibson
perthshirepuma
Hound of Harrow
Pal Joey
23 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog - Page 21 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog

Post by Pal Joey Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:28 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The pub has made its way to Trebanog, the home village of Cliff Morgan.

So grab a beer, cider, whiskey or wine.... or a warm beverage and sit back and enjoy the 2013-14 rugby season.

guinness Hug Ale   YahooWhisky Chef  coffeecuppa cake  Very Happy  RedWine   ciderclap

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of the legendary
Cliff Morgan, Dorothy Squires & Esme Coles, Jason Tovey, Aaron Smith and Monterey Jack.  

last Pawb: https://www.606v2.com/t46425p1050-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-ealing-broadway#2269373

Last edited by Linebreaker on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 9:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog - Page 21 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 11 Dec 2013, 2:48 pm

Funny you should mention the spirit of Christmas, I was given a bottle of cognac by a subcontractor earlier!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog - Page 21 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog

Post by rodders Wed 11 Dec 2013, 2:50 pm

MrsP wrote:Come on Rodders!

Surely Christmas will be pretty special in your house this year?

Yeah it'll be special as in I'll be awake at 6am rather than get a lie in.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Wed 11 Dec 2013, 8:21 pm

Evening folks. Busy weekend of rugby coming up for me. Ealing v Moseley in the B&I cup on Friday night, HC on TV on Saturday then Wasps v Grenoble on Sunday.

And yup, it's two weeks to Christmas. I've not decided what I'm doing for the day's lunch. Maybe lamb.

Meanwhile, the Mandela 'sign language' story is amusing. I could imagine the crowd giving the guy a hand sign of their own.

Whistle

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 11 Dec 2013, 8:23 pm

And fascinating! Who is this man? Where did he come from? How did he get on stage- why did he want to get on stage?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Wed 11 Dec 2013, 8:34 pm

I don't know, Notch. It's a bizarre situation. SA's most famous man has been let down.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 11 Dec 2013, 8:42 pm

D'you think they just forgot and then at the last minute... "Poopie, we forgot the signer! Anyone fancy giving it a bit of a lash?"
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 11 Dec 2013, 8:58 pm

Mon AJAX.
Now is the time...

Believe.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Wed 11 Dec 2013, 9:42 pm

Notch wrote:D'you think they just forgot and then at the last minute... "Poopie, we forgot the signer! Anyone fancy giving it a bit of a lash?"

Laugh

Sounds about right.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Wed 11 Dec 2013, 9:59 pm

Noo pub required. Any suggestions?

Galway in honour of Connacht's win. Or Toulouse just to rub it in.

devil

Howya Gibbo Hug

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 11 Dec 2013, 11:26 pm

Evening all.

Reminds me of the time some guy who was at the BBC for a job interview somehow got mistaken for the editor of some technology website and ended up being interviewed live on the news!!!!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 11 Dec 2013, 11:38 pm

MrsP wrote:Evening all.

Reminds me of the time some guy who was at the BBC for a job interview somehow got mistaken for the editor of some technology website and ended up being interviewed live on the news!!!!

Let's relive that classic moment;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKjXRmjtIz0
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Wed 11 Dec 2013, 11:52 pm

Ha! - good ole Beeb.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 12 Dec 2013, 11:01 am

It turns out the poor man doing the signing is schizophrenic- explains a lot. Disordered thinking, disordered 'gibberish' communication. Sadly the media won't leave him alone now.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 12 Dec 2013, 11:29 am

Hound of Harrow wrote:Noo pub required. Any suggestions?

Galway in honour of Connacht's win. Or Toulouse just to rub it in.

Galway sounds great. Have we had it before?

Lucky has suggested the Roger Lewis dartboard.
Maybe Nelson Mandela and a couple of Connacht local rugby players. Kieran Read again?
I'm not too fussed... but I'm fairly ignorant about NH form players.

Help!  Smile Computer playing up (laptop overheating; fan struggling). Off to bed now but I'll set up the new Pub first thing in the morning.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 12 Dec 2013, 12:14 pm

Good man, Breaker. OK

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 12 Dec 2013, 9:41 pm

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21