The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog

+19
Cari
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
St John The Enforcer
rodders
WillyGilly
PenfroPete
MrsP
aucklandlaurie
Notch
Jenifer McLadyboy
Glas a du
Luckless Pedestrian
prop_lyd
littleswannygirl
Thomond
Gibson
perthshirepuma
Hound of Harrow
Pal Joey
23 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog

Post by Pal Joey Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:28 am

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The pub has made its way to Trebanog, the home village of Cliff Morgan.

So grab a beer, cider, whiskey or wine.... or a warm beverage and sit back and enjoy the 2013-14 rugby season.

guinness Hug Ale   YahooWhisky Chef  coffeecuppa cake  Very Happy  RedWine   ciderclap

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of the legendary
Cliff Morgan, Dorothy Squires & Esme Coles, Jason Tovey, Aaron Smith and Monterey Jack.  

last Pawb: https://www.606v2.com/t46425p1050-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-ealing-broadway#2269373

Last edited by Linebreaker on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 9:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog

Post by Hound of Harrow Sat 07 Sep 2013, 4:23 pm

Smile

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog 3933776953

Ale

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog

Post by Cari Sat 07 Sep 2013, 6:13 pm

Up the O's!!!!

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog 3933776953 

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:18 pm

Andy Goode hit the post with what would have been the winning score for Wasps ; (

Fair play Quins, they were the better, more cohesive, team over the 80.

I will claim a 'moral win, 2 tries to 1.

Wink

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:18 pm

Ospreys win. Yahoo 

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Sat 07 Sep 2013, 9:14 pm

Evening, amigos, and salutations from Switzerland. There is a great electric storm ongoing for our entertainment just now. Love it!!

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 07 Sep 2013, 10:15 pm

perthshirepuma wrote:Evening, amigos, and salutations from Switzerland. There is a great electric storm ongoing for our entertainment just now. Love it!!
An Electric Storm in Blue darlin?  zen 

Love to Joe.
X. Whisky
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:04 pm

Well that huge loss* was embarrassing. Crying or Very sad 

I switched over in the 59th minute.

*We lost 6-0 in Brasilia.

The Boks match was pretty disappointing too! steam

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:11 pm

Gibbo, Joe is keen to get in touch about possible meet-up for Celtic group matches in the Champions League. OK if I give him your email address?

XX

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:16 pm

perthshirepuma wrote:Gibbo, Joe is keen to get in touch about possible meet-up for Celtic group matches in the Champions League.  OK if I give him your email address?

XX
Oh Jeez girl please do! Have a mate who wants to go to Paradise. Has seen it on TV. Loves the passion, history and creed. He'd love to see it at source. Big AJAX fan. Sweet dude.  
If Joe could sort us 2  out at his end...

I'd take care of the return  Dam gig.  You must come too. That's the deal.

Darlin, that would be so grand. X.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Sun 08 Sep 2013, 9:47 am

Linebreaker wrote:Well that huge loss* was embarrassing. Crying or Very sad 

I switched over in the 59th minute.

*We lost 6-0 in Brasilia.

The Boks match was pretty disappointing too! steam
I watched the game (rugby) Lb. Was hoping Aus could pull off a win, but SA were clinical in the last 20.

Howya Gibbo. Looking forward to the hurling final today? We have a surprise party planned for after the game for one of the girls. She passed her nursing exams on Tuesday. Cake, flowers and chocolates have been arranged.

Plus a few jars!

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 08 Sep 2013, 10:57 am

The best day of the year has arrived. The final of the best sport out there, don't care if it's a shoite game, just get the win.

Doutcha Jimmy Barry boy!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Sun 08 Sep 2013, 12:49 pm

thumbsup Thomond.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Sun 08 Sep 2013, 3:27 pm

Hup Cork!!

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 08 Sep 2013, 3:29 pm

Mon Clare! censored 

Afternoon All Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Sun 08 Sep 2013, 4:01 pm

Cork not at the races here Sad

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Sun 08 Sep 2013, 4:15 pm

Art'noon Cari. 2 points in it, but Clare look much better.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 08 Sep 2013, 4:17 pm

Hound of Harrow wrote:Cork not at the races here Sad
Panic not Dog Cork were three points down at HT when they played Clare in the Munster final, and they went on to win that. How they start in the second half will be crucial, but the point is, psychologically, they've been here before so they know that they can beat them. Both sides have had golden goal opportunities stopped, so it's very close.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 08 Sep 2013, 5:04 pm

A draw!?! For the second year running. Oh well, we'll have to sit through all that soon...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Sun 08 Sep 2013, 5:04 pm

Wow - what a finish. 25 all.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 08 Sep 2013, 5:15 pm

Replay is on the 28th Dog 

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Sun 08 Sep 2013, 5:21 pm

Great craic in the pub here. Sore heads tomorrow Wink

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 08 Sep 2013, 5:48 pm

Gutted we didn't win but incredibly lucky to draw the cynic in me says the GAA love a replay.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Sun 08 Sep 2013, 6:36 pm

Cake cooking in the oven Smile 

That's the fourth one in as many days! Shocked 

This one is alllll miiiiiine though Very Happy
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Sun 08 Sep 2013, 7:05 pm

Oh, Staithes is on Countryfile! One of my favourite places Very Happy
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sun 08 Sep 2013, 10:26 pm

Evening all, great weekend at my sisters wedding and the best man speech went well, slowly settling into new house and have the net a week tomorrow!

Hope all are well, poor result for glos but a great one for Connacht and the dragons!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 09 Sep 2013, 7:47 am

Bore da pawb / good morning all, happy Monday... Rolling Eyes 

Good work on putting Monterey Jack on the wall of the pub, Breaker. He'd be so proud, if he wasn't a fictional mouse!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 09 Sep 2013, 8:10 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Bore da pawb / good morning all, happy Monday... Rolling Eyes 

Good work on putting Monterey Jack on the wall of the pub, Breaker. He'd be so proud, if he wasn't a fictional mouse!
Good Morning all... even though it's late afternoon here now.

My pleasure, Lucky. He surely deserves a place on our wall.

I was more worried about putting Dot Squires and Esme Coles up there. A lot of research went into that decision! Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 09 Sep 2013, 8:14 am

Those aren't names that ring any bells, Breaker.

Speaking of names, what's this Re: G thing all about?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 09 Sep 2013, 8:15 am

Not guilty.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 09 Sep 2013, 8:19 am

I fixed that up... some weird thing happened when I was editing. I went to edit the 'Good' before 'Morning' and it somehow typed into the header title. Should be OK now.

I did a quick search of Trebanog and she was apparently some singer from the village there. Esme was a fan who bought her a house there... a nice gesture.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 09 Sep 2013, 8:19 am

Well that was weird. I knew I shouldn't have had a 'special' mushroom omelette for breakfast.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 09 Sep 2013, 8:21 am

Imagine how I felt when I saw it! Laugh 

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 09 Sep 2013, 8:24 am

We should get through this pub quicker than the ones we've had over the summer. We were in Pyongyang for weeks!

How's tricks, Glas? What did you make of the Scarlets' performance on Friday?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 09 Sep 2013, 8:36 am

Let's hope so. Pyongyang dragged on for ages. So too Ealing Broadway.
(I also blame the Wallabies for that!)

Over to you, Glas.... The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog 3933776953 

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 09 Sep 2013, 8:40 am

I couldn't watch the Scarlets game live, but I looked for it on the BBC iPlayer and it wasn't there. I don't know why, the BBC Alba games were.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 09 Sep 2013, 8:59 am

You guys should get all the Pro12 matches live... what's the reason why they aren't shown? It should be free to air, shouldn't it?

Even here we get the Pro12, Aviva.. even the All Ireland SFC matches (on Setanta), Top 14, Currie Cup and ITM (on Fox)... plus all the Prem and Scottish Football. (Probably missed a comp or two there) When you add all the local NRL/AFL... it's quite sick really.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:07 am

They did show it live, but I was at Rodney Parade for Dragons v Ulster. On Saturday afternoon I went to watch it on the iPlayer but it wasn't there.

Sky Sports will be showing some of the Pro12 matches this season.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:35 am

It must have been fantastic at RP for that game. I must be stuck in last season (still!) having tipped Ulster but I'll take heed of that result. There must be some good players coming through... with a core of experienced old heads, no?

I'm so relieved the Election is now over and the Finals are underway in all the footy codes (except football which is played in summer here).

Some major upsets in the AFL - Fremantle Dockers beat Geelong Cats to earn a home Preliminary Final.
I'll go to the Swans-Carlton match on Saturday night. The Carlton Blues ran over the top of Richmond yesterday after the Tigers led by 33 points early in the 3rd quarter. There were 94,690 people at the 'G' (MCG).  It was a classic finals match! I felt so sorry for the Tigers - they looked unstoppable for most of the match.

The Swans got a mauling by the Hawks last Friday but get a second crack at it because they finished 4th on the table. Whoever wins the Syd-Carlton match will have to travel to Perth to play Freo. The winner of the Port Adelaide-Geelong match will meet Hawthorn in the other Prelim. Final.

NRL Finals start on Friday. Luckily, my team still finished 4th - so they also get two bites at the cherry. I think the Roosters will beat Manly... who will then have to play the winner of the Sharks-Cowboys match. Harder to pick the winner of the Souths-Storm game but the loser will play the winner of the Bulldogs-Knights match.

In our local Shute Shield competition it's Sydney Uni v Eastwood... in all 4 grades. The Grand Final is on Saturday at Concord Oval (not far from where I am now)... scene of that infamous Wallabies loss to France in the '87 RWC SF when Serge Blanco scored in the corner in the dying minutes.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:46 am

That was some try and some match. I've only ever seen highlights, though.

It was a great result against Ulster, but most people would have had them as favourites. I was hopeful of a win, but I wasn't expecting it.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:54 am

The question is: can they keep it up throughout the whole season?

It would be good if they could re-establish some sort of reputation with RP being a graveyard for visiting teams... but they'll have to travel well too and come away with something each match if possible. It's a tough comp - the 'home & away' factor is pretty important. (just looking at some T14 results... some major home v away 'swings' week-to-week make it so hard to pick the winner. I suspect Pro12 is very similar?)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:09 am

We travel to Murrayfield to play Edinburgh next, and I don't think we have a great record there. But the main thing for me this season is that if visiting sides do win at Rodney Parade, that they have to have earnt it.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 09 Sep 2013, 11:03 am

'Lucozade and Ribena sold for £1.35bn'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24013720

Blydi London prices.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 09 Sep 2013, 12:04 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:They did show it live, but I was at Rodney Parade for Dragons v Ulster. On Saturday afternoon I went to watch it on the iPlayer but it wasn't there.

Sky Sports will be showing some of the Pro12 matches this season.
Not until next season.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 09 Sep 2013, 12:29 pm

Oh really? I thought it started this season.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Mon 09 Sep 2013, 3:11 pm

Anyone else having trouble getting the ERC 'Golden Ticket' website to work?

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 09 Sep 2013, 3:26 pm

Dragons were well worth the win. For Ulster, I'm frustrated we only had 2 pre-season friendlies because we still look short of match fitness and sharpness.

It's something that was the same for Munster and Leinster and comes down to the summer tour, Lions tour and Emerging Ireland tour I suspect. I hope the IRFU sees sense next year and allows us a longer pre-season with more players available.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Sep 2013, 4:52 pm

Notch wrote:Dragons were well worth the win. For Ulster, I'm frustrated we only had 2 pre-season friendlies because we still look short of match fitness and sharpness.

It's something that was the same for Munster and Leinster and comes down to the summer tour, Lions tour and Emerging Ireland tour I suspect. I hope the IRFU sees sense next year and allows us a longer pre-season with more players available.
We only had one, which even left Lyn Jones suggesting we might be undercooked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Mon 09 Sep 2013, 5:59 pm

Shocked

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-24017417

poor beggars.

Evening pub.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:30 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
Notch wrote:Dragons were well worth the win. For Ulster, I'm frustrated we only had 2 pre-season friendlies because we still look short of match fitness and sharpness.

We only had one, which even left Lyn Jones suggesting we might be undercooked.
Aye, I know. I'm not using it as an excuse- and certainly I don't think the players can use it as an excuse- but I do feel we will take a few games yet.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next