The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog

+19
Cari
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
St John The Enforcer
rodders
WillyGilly
PenfroPete
MrsP
aucklandlaurie
Notch
Jenifer McLadyboy
Glas a du
Luckless Pedestrian
prop_lyd
littleswannygirl
Thomond
Gibson
perthshirepuma
Hound of Harrow
Pal Joey
23 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog - Page 2 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog

Post by Pal Joey Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:28 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The pub has made its way to Trebanog, the home village of Cliff Morgan.

So grab a beer, cider, whiskey or wine.... or a warm beverage and sit back and enjoy the 2013-14 rugby season.

guinness Hug Ale   YahooWhisky Chef  coffeecuppa cake  Very Happy  RedWine   ciderclap

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of the legendary
Cliff Morgan, Dorothy Squires & Esme Coles, Jason Tovey, Aaron Smith and Monterey Jack.  

last Pawb: https://www.606v2.com/t46425p1050-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-ealing-broadway#2269373

Last edited by Linebreaker on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 9:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 11 Sep 2013, 12:22 am

America's Cup, Is New Zealand's Cup.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 11 Sep 2013, 8:06 am

I can't say I've ever been into sailing, Laurie. I hear New Zealanders are pretty handy sailors though.

Bore da pawb / good morning all. Well, yesterday was a proud day for European rugby...

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Wed 11 Sep 2013, 12:12 pm

I take it you mean this, lucky...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/24038523

All I will say is that the English and French gave due notice to quit and advised ERC and the Pro12 unions they would set up their own competition if the Pro12 teams did not agree to rejig qualification and the spread of money. I am not surprised by this move.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 11 Sep 2013, 12:25 pm

There's a meeting today, as I understand it. The PRL and LNR could have waited a day, surely?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 11 Sep 2013, 1:23 pm

I just had the unusual experience of having to dodge rugby balls (and a basketball?) being thrown around a local sportshop by the Ulster lads!

Chris Farrell will be some size when he grows up!

Shocked 

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 11 Sep 2013, 1:50 pm

You dodged them all successfully, yes?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 11 Sep 2013, 2:13 pm

I did indeed!

I even returned a couple to Robbie!

Still haven't quite worked out why one of our backs was cycling round the inside of the shop though!

Headscratch 

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 11 Sep 2013, 2:24 pm

Well some people react to defeat in strange ways... Whistle

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 11 Sep 2013, 2:25 pm

laughing 

Brilliant!!!!!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 11 Sep 2013, 2:30 pm

I thought he must have misheard instructions from Mark Annscombe.

After our poor performance at the breakdown on Friday he probably told the guys we had to brush up on our recycling!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 11 Sep 2013, 2:31 pm

Ha, that would make sense!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Wed 11 Sep 2013, 4:11 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:There's a meeting today, as I understand it. The PRL and LNR could have waited a day, surely?
Lucky - in that case the joint PRL/NRL announcement was perfectly timed, from their pov.

This is designed to get the Pro12 representatives to take their heads out of the sand, where they have been stuck since this whole thing kicked off.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 11 Sep 2013, 4:51 pm

Not too sure how you have come to the conclusion that the Pro12 are the ones to blame for the impasse.

Headscratch 

Sounds like what you wanted was capitulation, not negotiation. There seemed to be a lot of that about.

Shame they seem to have killed the best rugby competition in the NH.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 11 Sep 2013, 5:45 pm

Hound, it was perfectly timed if their aim was to antagonise the parties they haven't made headway with thus far. I'm not sure that's the best approach if you really want compromise.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Wed 11 Sep 2013, 6:53 pm

Unfortunately it's called brinkmanship. I'm not saying I agree with this latest development at all - just that ERC and the Pro12 reps underestimated the resolve of the PRL, and especially LNR, to effect some change in the HC.

The French stance was not expected by the Pro12 imo and this joint announcement should at least see something happen in Dublin today.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 11 Sep 2013, 7:53 pm

It looks like it has, Hound. I really hope this all gets resolved.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Wed 11 Sep 2013, 8:41 pm

thumbsup Hug

How could I not want a pan European HC after all the epic meet ups.

Plus my own trips with Wasps over the years.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Wed 11 Sep 2013, 8:49 pm

Ah, I've just seen the Beeb article, lucky. More dithering, and yet another meeting called by ERC.

Mind you, who knows what was said today. This could be a last chance for all concerned to consider what's at stake.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 11 Sep 2013, 9:06 pm

Another meeting is another meeting. If it's all over, at least it isn't all over yet.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Wed 11 Sep 2013, 9:14 pm

Yeah, true. I suppose that was the only logical outcome. If only to give all concerned a chance to seek agreement (hopefully).

Did you see that the Dragons have given Toby F a lecture about his fitness? Must have enjoyed his hols Wink

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 11 Sep 2013, 9:19 pm

I think I know what Lyn Jones is up to there. It wouldn't surprise me if Toby wasn't that unfit at all!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 12 Sep 2013, 8:01 am

Doh 

Having a bit of a morning of it so far!

The wee fella had to be at the airport at 6am so we set the alarm for 5am.

Woke up and looked at the clock to see how long till the alarm and ...

5:38

Shocked

steam 

Run 

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 12 Sep 2013, 8:17 am

I had a similar thing yesterday morning, MrsP. My alarm went off at 5 as usual and I snoozed it for five minutes as usual; at least, I thought I'd snoozed it. I looked at the curtains and thought it looked a bit light, looked at the clock and it was quarter past six! It wasn't so bad because I usually sit in a stupor drinking tea until 6 anyway, so I was only two minutes late for work.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 12 Sep 2013, 9:09 am

Just tried to phone a client. It went straight to voicemail. His voicemail is

"Hello, alright? 'Ash key? Where's the 'ash key now 'en..."
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 12 Sep 2013, 9:23 am

Our wee lad does that on a daily basis. We wake him and he goes straight back to sleep.

This morning our alarm just did not go off. The switch was not quite slid far enough. Not sure if the wee one had futtered with it on her way to bed.

I have nearly missed very early flights because I have changed the alarm to stupid o'clock but I have mistakenly set it for stupid:pm rather than stupid:am.

I specifically checked last night that I hadn't done that but didn't check the wee switch was fully home. It could only have been a fraction of a millimeter out but...

Anyway, he has landed in Leeds so he must have been okay. There were plenty of others just arriving when he got dropped off.

How's things?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 12 Sep 2013, 9:35 am

I'm grand thanks, MrsP. I've managed to wangle an early finish for tomorrow, so today is my last full day of work before my week on the Algarve! Cool

Glas, that reminds me of a story my sister told me. A (male) friend of hers was on a night out and was in the toilets of some bar or other washing hands after a slash; in comes an old friend of his, who, after they'd said hello, saw what he was doing and said, "washing your 'ands, is it? There's posh you are!"

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 12 Sep 2013, 9:51 am

Struggling to see the connection there Lucky!

Headscratch 

So...Holidays is it then?

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog - Page 2 4278589029 

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 12 Sep 2013, 9:53 am

Maybe it was just the dropping of the H!

Yep, a week in the sun. I can't wait. Smile 

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 12 Sep 2013, 10:01 am

Don't know why you're excited?

Sun, sea, sand, rest....

Sounds horrible!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 12 Sep 2013, 10:06 am

The only horrible thing about it is that I'll miss our home game against the Scarlets.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 12 Sep 2013, 10:16 am

Is it my imagination or do those games tend to be fairly tetchy affairs?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 12 Sep 2013, 10:20 am

We've had some seriously low-quality matches against the Scarlets - and I'm not saying that because they usually win! But yes, the last few at Dave Parade have seen yellow cards handed out.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 12 Sep 2013, 10:48 am

There is a connection Mrs P, they are a certain type.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 12 Sep 2013, 10:51 am

Enjoy your holiday Lucky....this time next week I'll be getting ready for a week in tenerife...can't wait! Half board so only booze to worry about too!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 12 Sep 2013, 10:55 am

Thanks Prop, you too. I like going on holiday this time of year just as it's starting to get autumnal. It means arriving home to autumnal weather, but I've got a weekend in Amsterdam in October to look forward to as well.

I keep meaning to email Gibbo about that. To check he won't be in town. Wink

Last edited by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu 12 Sep 2013, 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 12 Sep 2013, 10:55 am

Sheep sale season is in full swing so I've not had time to think about let alone watch much rugby. Anything momentous happening?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Thu 12 Sep 2013, 5:04 pm

Afternoon all. I've read a good chunk of the HC thread - not had much time for 606 over the last few days. Some fairly strident views on there!

Wasps' Tom  Varndell sidelined for four months Sad Josh Bassett is a useful replacement though.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 12 Sep 2013, 8:17 pm

There's some good points made on the HC thread, but the volume of posts is a bit much to keep up with. But then it just shows how strongly people feel about it.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Thu 12 Sep 2013, 8:30 pm

Oh aye lucky. It's a bit like wading through the BOD/JD2 stuff.

Wink

How's the 'Port and the pooch?

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 12 Sep 2013, 8:36 pm

The 'Port is okay, Hound - no shootings today, as far as I've heard. The pup (she's a year and a half now, but I still call her the pup) is in fine fettle and zonked out next to me on the sofa. I'll be dropping her off at her grandparents' tomorrow evening - they have three dogs themselves, so she'll have a whale of a time until I come back from the Algarve. Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Thu 12 Sep 2013, 9:24 pm

Have a great holiday bud. Glad to hear all is well in Gwentistan.

Smile

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Thu 12 Sep 2013, 9:33 pm

Have a great holiday Lucky Cool 

Two weeks tomorrow and I'm leaving on a jet plane too! Can't wait! Smile Another cake to make in the meantime though. Chocolate cake with buttercream and strawberries this time cake
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Sep 2013, 9:47 pm

I'm leaving in a fortnight to Espana. So I will miss the Zebre game on the 5th, but I'll take that one.

Either have a crack on my ribs or a popped cartilage. Haven't been able to breathe properly since Saturday (full breaths) and definitely got impacted in it (by my own team mate) whilst playing. So I have a week off (at least) from playing. Gutted. I also have a kind of constant cramping in my one quad when I run, which I don't really get what's happening. Been happening for a while, but I've been ignoring it.

Never mind, with frigged ribs and breathing issues, at least I have packed the old bonfires in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Fri 13 Sep 2013, 1:05 am

Rev - good luck with all of that. OK

Howya swanny OK

Sheesh, we had some guy sat at our table in the pub tonight who got all heavy about about religious stuff; very intense, not to mention boring. I went out for a smoke with one of the other people at the table who said "He's 'barking'".

I said "More likely Upminster - further up the line than Barking."

You have to know the London Underground lines to get that one.

I will be making my excuses and moving away next time he shows up. Hard blydi work he was. I don't go out to listen to that rubbish.

Rant over.

The Green Army (Ealing) will be at Allianz Park (Saracens new home) for the London Championship double header on Saturday. I warn anyone who has to go there - it is a long way from a station, and no pubs near it.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 13 Sep 2013, 4:37 am

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151621140995969
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 13 Sep 2013, 8:24 am

I know its not rugby, but, another big day on San Francisco harbour.

Americas Cup is New Zealands Cup.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:08 am

Glas a du wrote:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151621140995969
Good for wee Shane but some of the defending from the opposition would be not acceptable on an U14 side here.

Erm 

The attacking strategy seems to be "Give the ball to Shane!".

Are his team running away with the league?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:24 am

And just as often "4 men to mark Shane" who all end up getting in each other's way!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 13 Sep 2013, 11:28 am

Glas a du wrote:And just as often "4 men to mark Shane" who all end up getting in each other's way!
I was reading about the game over there... Japanese rugby is basically a vehicle for advertising and brand prestige in Japan. Each term is controlled by a corporation who don't necessarily invest in grassroots or academies, instead they largely look to run invest heavily in marquee players while neglecting spending on all the important things that grow the game. Whilst some European and Southern Hemisphere stars are lining their pension funds in empty stadiums the game as a whole is going downhill in Japan- in terms of attendances, quality of homegrown player and quality of the league- and if the corporations who've essentially bought Japanese rugby decide tomorrow to abandon it, the game will founder and fail altogether.

Bit of a cautionary tale for Europe.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 13 Sep 2013, 12:43 pm

Boom off to blues vs Connacht to see my adopted Irish team for first time!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next