The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog

+19
Cari
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
St John The Enforcer
rodders
WillyGilly
PenfroPete
MrsP
aucklandlaurie
Notch
Jenifer McLadyboy
Glas a du
Luckless Pedestrian
prop_lyd
littleswannygirl
Thomond
Gibson
perthshirepuma
Hound of Harrow
Pal Joey
23 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog - Page 3 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog

Post by Pal Joey Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:28 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The pub has made its way to Trebanog, the home village of Cliff Morgan.

So grab a beer, cider, whiskey or wine.... or a warm beverage and sit back and enjoy the 2013-14 rugby season.

guinness Hug Ale   YahooWhisky Chef  coffeecuppa cake  Very Happy  RedWine   ciderclap

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of the legendary
Cliff Morgan, Dorothy Squires & Esme Coles, Jason Tovey, Aaron Smith and Monterey Jack.  

last Pawb: https://www.606v2.com/t46425p1050-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-ealing-broadway#2269373

Last edited by Linebreaker on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 9:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog

Post by Cari Fri 13 Sep 2013, 7:12 pm

prop_lyd wrote:Boom off to blues vs Connacht to see my adopted Irish team for first time!
Enjoy Prop. I saw the same fixture last season (or was it the one before...? Headscratch ) Anyway, enjoy it. At least the shiny happy pitch won't get boggy!

Evening Lurkers Smile Just settling down to watch Blues v Connacht. Terrible weather here, but the lads from Galway will be used to it...

Cari

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 7:29 pm

Zebre beating Munster 18-9 at HT apparently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 7:30 pm

I'll be watching Quins v Northampton. Rather see how George gets on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 7:45 pm

18-19 now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 13 Sep 2013, 7:55 pm

Well done prop. Blydi terrible game fair play.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 13 Sep 2013, 8:31 pm

Blouse are pants. Robinson is rubbish.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 8:39 pm

I know I'm slightly biased, but on paper I'd say Edinburgh v Dragons is the more appealing game (on paper) to televise. I know they want to make a fuss about the Blouse all singing all dancing pitch, but I think they should be covering the away game, as I'm sure the Scrum V team would prefer a trip away and also, it would encourage more casual viewers to maybe go and watch the fans live.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 13 Sep 2013, 8:41 pm

Yes. If I hear another word about the blydi pitch I'll scweam and scweam and scweam until I'm thick.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 8:49 pm

Glas a du wrote:Yes. If I hear another word about the blydi pitch I'll scweam and scweam and scweam until I'm thick.
Between that and the Patchell hype, I've let the wife have the tv and I got the laptop and the Sinners (as I said)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:01 pm

Risca Rev wrote:I know I'm slightly biased, but on paper I'd say Edinburgh v Dragons is the more appealing game (on paper) to televise. I know they want to make a fuss about the Blouse all singing all dancing pitch, but I think they should be covering the away game, as I'm sure the Scrum V team would prefer a trip away and also, it would encourage more casual viewers to maybe go and watch the fans live.
I'll be honest Rev, I'm furious. That pitch neither sang nor danced.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:04 pm

I as interested in how much the groundsman brushed it.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:04 pm

According to the BBC website, Eddie has scored a try for Glasgow at Ravenhill. Makes a change from doing meandering existentialist voiceovers.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:32 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:I know I'm slightly biased, but on paper I'd say Edinburgh v Dragons is the more appealing game (on paper) to televise. I know they want to make a fuss about the Blouse all singing all dancing pitch, but I think they should be covering the away game, as I'm sure the Scrum V team would prefer a trip away and also, it would encourage more casual viewers to maybe go and watch the fans live.
I'll be honest Rev, I'm furious. That pitch neither sang nor danced.
Whaaaaaaaaat? I'd be so annoyed if I paid to watch that #falseadvertising

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:36 pm

Looks like the Dragons lost, Rev. Last-gasp penalty for Edinburgh.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:37 pm

Did they play rugby on it or just admire it?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:39 pm

Sounds a bit like Burton kicked a drop out 22 straight out for some reason and it brought some pressure onto us. Seems like something like that.

Anyway, five points from two games is a good enough start. Narrow losses on the road I'll take, if a home record starts happening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:42 pm

I was just saying on the match thread, the last couple of seasons we weren't picking up bonus points in defeat, so it's still kind of progress. I'm quite pleased for Edinburgh after the stick they've been getting on some of the Heineken threads.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:44 pm

That's a difficult one to answer, MrsP. They tried to play rugby on it.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:47 pm

There's been a lot of that about tonight!

Did the pitch have an undue influence?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:49 pm

I caught the last 30 minutes or so. It was strange to see water splash up off the pitch at times but for there to be no mud or divots at all.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:51 pm

Blues lived off connacht's I'll discipline, not impressed with cuthberts performance either.

Apparently I got on tv in my top, and regs see this?!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:52 pm

Was it raining or was the water from earlier?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:55 pm

It rained heavily this afternoon and it would have been falling during the match. It's still drizzling now. I finished early so I'd walked the dog before it started, but there was a ridiculous amount of standing water on the M4 on the way over to Llandogo.

Is it too soon to ask how Ulster played?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:00 pm

Hmmm?

Well, we were better than last week. Made loads of chances. Dropped the ball alot.

Much more urgency but lacked the accuracy to finish some good moves. Glasgow defended like demons but didn't trouble us much at all after the first 10 mins until the last 20 seconds!

Rolling Eyes 

Hard to explain how we lost really. It would have been easier to win.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:04 pm

Well good moves that don't result in tries is better than not creating chances at all, I suppose. And think of it this way, you've already played one of the strongest sides in the Pro12. And now you've played Glasgow too. Wink 

Did Nick Williams play tonight? I'm delighted we didn't have to deal with him.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:08 pm

He did.

The full 80 if I remember right.

He is some handling alright.

And, for a change, it wasn't him dropping the ball.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:12 pm

It was hammering it down
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:17 pm

Shame about the result, Prop. Was the first half good, at least?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 13 Sep 2013, 11:04 pm

Yeah then Connacht ere whistled out the game from there. What's going on with ulster at the moment?!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 13 Sep 2013, 11:13 pm

He did seem to be a bit of a homer. Then maybe I shouldn't say that, seeing as we had a novice Italian against Ulster the other week...

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 13 Sep 2013, 11:36 pm

First rain in 31 days here!

I feel like dancing and singing on the back lawn... which has crackled & crunched under foot recently.

Damn Lucky, I went for Dragons by 2 - I promise not to curse them for their next match. They did OK, no? Quite a close result in the end.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 13 Sep 2013, 11:51 pm

Sounds like it was a last-minute balls-up by an Aussie, Breaker. Wink 

So you're heading into spring there?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat 14 Sep 2013, 12:37 am

Top 4... Smile 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/pro12/table

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat 14 Sep 2013, 3:18 pm

We've just been "buzzed" by a WW2 plane. ?B17? It flew really low over our house.

Amazing sight!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat 14 Sep 2013, 4:00 pm

Last edited by MrsP on Sat 14 Sep 2013, 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat 14 Sep 2013, 4:04 pm

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Trebanog - Page 3 Plane

See!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Sat 14 Sep 2013, 4:14 pm

Wow - amazing MrsP. WW2 Fighter Command was at Bentley Priory, just up the road from me. We have a Spitfire flying around to commemorate Battle of Britain day, which was Wednesday. I could hear it but didn't see it this year.

I have just watched Ealing get humped 44-13 by London Scottish :(A brutal introduction to Championship rugby. Well done Asbo. Our other two teams are battling it out at Sandy Park.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat 14 Sep 2013, 4:24 pm

It was pretty cool.

They were unveiling a new memorial in the Field which was used as a temporary grave yard for American Military Personnel during WWII.

I could not believe how low it flew!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Sat 14 Sep 2013, 4:34 pm

I love the sound of the engines on those old planes.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 14 Sep 2013, 6:32 pm

Evening All mug 

Just watching the O's (currently) getting battered by Leinster. Rolling Eyes Thankfully Gopperth has been missing his kicks, but they're still getting the tries.

MrsP - that must've been pretty cool, and very noisy. Smile

The only unusual noise I've had today is the cricket fans over in Sophia Gardens. I assume England and Wales were/are winning by the cheering and singing going on. Cricket fans are nowhere near as noisy as football fans though.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 14 Sep 2013, 8:04 pm

Phew!  O's managed a draw at the Oor Dee Ess.  I'll take that. Smile

Last edited by Cari on Sun 15 Sep 2013, 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 15 Sep 2013, 1:52 pm

This is proper wetting rain.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 15 Sep 2013, 2:42 pm

Are we getting the orse end of a hurricane?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 15 Sep 2013, 2:58 pm

Just watching Llandovery v Cardiff on S4C. Blydi awful weather...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Sun 15 Sep 2013, 6:13 pm

What was the score in the Drovers v Diff game Cari?

Afternoon all. Wasps still can't get a win at Exe.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 15 Sep 2013, 8:15 pm

Prop.

72 seconds...
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 15 Sep 2013, 8:29 pm

PM for Lucky. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 15 Sep 2013, 8:57 pm

Gobby!

Lucky might have departed for sunnier climes already?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sun 15 Sep 2013, 9:54 pm

Is that the nick wood thing glas or how long I was on the telly at the blues game for?!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 15 Sep 2013, 10:00 pm

MrsP wrote:Gobby!

Lucky might have departed for sunnier climes already?
Ah yes Mrp, I'd forgotten he was heading off.

PM coming up for Prop. Its about contact details for the game at Dave mate. Need to arrange our meet in the Friday bud.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next