The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Ealing Broadway

+17
rodders
ChequeredJersey
PenfroPete
littleswannygirl
Breadvan
Luckless Pedestrian
prop_lyd
Hound of Harrow
Notch
MrsP
WillyGilly
Cari
Gibson
Jenifer McLadyboy
perthshirepuma
Glas a du
aucklandlaurie
21 posters

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Ealing Broadway - Page 22 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Ealing Broadway

Post by Pal Joey Sun 14 Jul 2013, 1:54 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The pub has made its way back to London where the victorious British & Irish Lions squad will start their 25 day open bus journey across England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland -  being greeted by millions of happy, proud, delirious, tipsy and slightly sunburned rugby fans.

So grab a beer, cider, whiskey or wine.... or a warm beverage and sit back and enjoy their well-earned procession through the streets where it all began.

Very Happy   guinness Hug  Ale   Yahoo Chef   coffee cuppa  cake  RedWine   cider clap

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of the legendary
Warren Gatland, Sam Warburton, Alex Corbisiero, Jonathan Sexton, George North, Jamie Roberts and Richie Gray. 

last Pawb: https://www.606v2.com/t44519-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-ballycastle-bar-hong-kong

Last edited by Linebreaker on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Ealing Broadway - Page 22 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Ealing Broadway

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 06 Sep 2013, 8:42 am

Oh hello, who's this liar?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23975030

"I take full responsibility for putting forward as generous a motion as I could to bring as many people with me as I could."

If he really wanted to bring as many people with him as he could, the motion would have been a simple condemnation of the use of chemical weapons - which everyone would agree with - and would have added that, if it could be proved that Assad was responsible, a second vote would take place on authorising miltary action. Instead, the motion assumed that Assad was responsible, and rather than providing MPs with evidence, the government produced an assessment of intelligence which concluded that Assad was probably responsible. 'Probably' can't possibly be good enough grounds for launching missile strikes on another country?

Sorry for the rant, it's just that there's no one else in the office for me to rant at!

cuppa

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Ealing Broadway - Page 22 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Ealing Broadway

Post by MrsP Fri 06 Sep 2013, 9:36 am

Are you sure that cuppa  is a good idea?

Seemed to have unexpected side effects yesterday.

Whistle 

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 06 Sep 2013, 9:45 am

Yes, well, what's done is done... Smile 

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 06 Sep 2013, 10:26 am

I agree with Lucky.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 06 Sep 2013, 10:36 am

I'm going to do my level best to avoid that thread now. The argument's never going to conclude.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 06 Sep 2013, 10:43 am

I can't promise anything, though. A certain Irish poster on that thread (and others on the same subject) has a knack of saying things I can't help but respond to. Remember that cartoon, Talespin? There was a mouse on it called Monterey Jack who went into a trance whenever he smelt cheese and it got him into all sorts of trouble. It's similar to that.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Sep 2013, 11:20 am

Just remind yourself that we are going to have a small measure of revenge against the evil Irish Wink when we demolish those Nordies in a few hours Whistle 

Very excited by tonight in all seriousness. Not expecting a result so much, but hoping for a big performance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 06 Sep 2013, 11:27 am

I can't wait either, Rev. I think we've got genuine reasons to be optimistic this season. I was reading what Coombsy was saying in his interview about Rhys Thomas and Richie Rees coming in and adding experience, and it made me realise just how inexperienced the squad was last season. There's still a lot of youth there, but now they've got a season more rugby under their belts and we've brought in old heads in the right areas.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Fri 06 Sep 2013, 11:59 am

Lucky - I've done the Dubai 7s every year since 2003 apart from last year, when the 'evil empire' (aka work) refused everyone leave during December. This was because a new system was coming in and they wanted everyone on deck.

Then the thing was delayed two months. Cue lots of very angry people. Plus they had previously denied me four weeks off for the Lions tour. So f$@ing glad I got out.

Anyway zen The Dubai trip is from 26/11 to 04/12. The IRB tournament- the 2nd in the series - is on 29 & 30 Nov. But there's about 8 other competitions going on around the main event on 5 or 6 other pitches. Some of the International Invitation teams are very good.

Apart from the shoite beer, I love it and it's a great time of year to go.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 06 Sep 2013, 12:03 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I can't promise anything, though. A certain Irish poster on that thread (and others on the same subject) has a knack of saying things I can't help but respond to. Remember that cartoon, Talespin? There was a mouse on it called Monterey Jack who went into a trance whenever he smelt cheese and it got him into all sorts of trouble. It's similar to that.
I wonder who you're talking about? Laugh

I'm just relieved real rugby is back tonight and we can stop arguing about anachronistic traditions and commercial sideshows Wink 
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 06 Sep 2013, 12:10 pm

Good stuff, Hound! OK

Notch, I'm really looking forward to the first Pro12 season under the new scrum directives. Despite what Richard Cockerill says, it's all geared towards fewer collapses and a proper contest for the ball. And hooking! Who'd have thought!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 06 Sep 2013, 12:42 pm

I agree with you. It's gonna shake up the hierarchy of what a good scrummaging team is as well- remember when Saints had a killer scrum, and it was all about dominating the hit? They'd be scundered under these laws.

Anyway, is there a SuperBru pool for the Pro12?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 06 Sep 2013, 12:52 pm

Good question - I haven't heard if there is one.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 06 Sep 2013, 1:40 pm

This is Lucky (and quite a few others at times, myself included!) under the influence of "tea"!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/2ed82491c9069af4c9925236a3b185e7/tumblr_mme54mwfdq1r8rauqo1_500.png

Very Happy 

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 06 Sep 2013, 1:43 pm

Laugh

It was either that or a picture of a dog with a bone!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 06 Sep 2013, 1:48 pm

We all have posters who just seem to have that incredibly annoying ability to push our buttons, don't we!

Whereas I am in a constant state of zen 

Whistle 

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 06 Sep 2013, 1:53 pm

It sounds perverse, but I enjoy being annoyed sometimes. I don't know why!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 06 Sep 2013, 1:57 pm

Judging by the number of people who have had their "Final Word" on those threads about 30 times now, you are not alone!

There are a couple of posters who really get my goat but I won't put them on "ignore" as I prefer to know when they are being insufferable!

Go figure!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 06 Sep 2013, 2:05 pm

Ha, exactly!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri 06 Sep 2013, 2:38 pm

PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 06 Sep 2013, 3:40 pm

Right folks, I'm off. Here's to a great weekend of rugby!

Run

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Fri 06 Sep 2013, 6:06 pm

Enjoy the game folks.

Evening all.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 06 Sep 2013, 7:10 pm

HAPPY NEW SEASON YAWL!!! The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Ealing Broadway - Page 22 3559488474 

Woops didn't mean to say that during the minute's silence for Magnificant Morgan. Anyhoo...I'm watching Scarlets v Ladyboys on BBC 2 Cymru.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 06 Sep 2013, 7:13 pm

New Scarlets shirts look like the old London Welsh ones...just sayin'.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 06 Sep 2013, 9:57 pm

A win over last season's runners up - that'll do for starters! Very Happy 

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 06 Sep 2013, 10:30 pm

Well done Lucky and Rev!

Actually chuffed for you in a strange kind of a way as I remember us having a similar season to your last one just a few seasons back.

It's great for the League if everyone ups their game.

clap 

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 06 Sep 2013, 10:37 pm

Thanks, MrsP. Ulster showed glimpses in the second half, but they never really clicked.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 06 Sep 2013, 10:46 pm

They did Lucky but, unfortunately they were glimpses of how they played about 3 seasons ago!

Ah well. Early days.

I asked this on the match thread but no-one answered.

Are the flood lights at Dave P a bit dull or was that a TV artifact? The corners of the pitch looked very dark on the telly.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 07 Sep 2013, 12:00 am

MrsP wrote:Actually chuffed for you in a strange kind of a way as I remember us having a similar season to your last one just a few seasons back.
Yeah, I feel the same. As disappointed as I am with the all-round performance of Ulster I find it hard to begrudge the Dragons anything.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Sep 2013, 12:26 am

Thanks both.

It's weird trying to not get carried away with that. We've beaten two good enough sides in our last two games and there is clearly lots to work on. But for a big points turnaround from last season and a huge defensive shift, it's good to see some desire from a Dragons team again.

Great atmosphere at the end too. Normally reserved for a derby win. I didn't expect a win, but knew if we did front up, we'd be close (LBP at least).

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 07 Sep 2013, 10:15 am

Congratulations Lucky & Rev... commiserations Notch, Mrs P, Rodders & Willy.

Just watching the votes coming in. It's going to be a Lib-Nat landslide. It's been a hot day today - but it's now a very pleasant evening.
(I'm quite envious of the drizzle in Hamilton) 28-13 to ABs with 3 mins to go. Not sure how well go against the Boks. Historically, we do OK against them in Brisbane but there are even more names missing for tonight's match.

I've been v. busy lately. One DA in; another to one go in a fortnight. I have Chinese banging on my doors... well, sending me inquiries.
I've been there before so I need to be careful and do proper due diligence before a line is drawn. One bloke wants me to fit out two large apartments (the size of an average house in Oz) in Beijing but I think I'll see what the pollution index is first before I jump on a plane... but I think I might give that one a miss.

Let me know a location and throw up a few names for the next Pub. I'm totally ignorant of the ins and outs for this season. Good luck everyone for your respective teams. OK

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Sep 2013, 10:37 am

Hound of Harrow wrote:New pub required. Any suggestions?

Mine would be Trebanog, the home village of Cliff Morgan.

Breaker, see Hound's suggestion.

Looking forward to seeing Quade again and Folau at 15. Good luck pal. Love Suncorp

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:08 am

Cheers Rev.

Any other players for the wall? Who else played well in the matches last night?

I'm tempted to put Monterey Jack up there... Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:18 am

Jason Tovey was MOTM in Dragons game and broke the overall Dragons points scoring record. Not sure who else from the others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:29 am

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22