The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Christian ever retain the World Title?

+4
Kay Fabe
Mr H
theanimal316
Legend
8 posters

Go down

Will Christian ever retain the World Title?

Will Christian ever retain the World Title? Vote_lcap35%Will Christian ever retain the World Title? Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 8 ]
Will Christian ever retain the World Title? Vote_lcap35%Will Christian ever retain the World Title? Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 8 ]
Will Christian ever retain the World Title? Vote_lcap30%Will Christian ever retain the World Title? Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 23

Will Christian ever retain the World Title? Empty Will Christian ever retain the World Title?

Post by Legend Thu 12 May 2011, 4:49 pm

The way in which Christian won and lost the title recently seemed to be little more than a way to keep the championship on SmackDown. With Del Rio leaving the brand and Edge's recent departure, he was the only superstar who could feasibly take it to keep the storyline making sense. Would he have won the title if Edge was still here? Will he ever get a world title back within his grasp or was that the only token he will ever take away with him?

Personally, I don't think he will ever get another shot. From now on I see his career falling downhill, after a short time as one of the top heels. He will probably have a small feud with Orton, but ultimately put the younger competitor over. This could be the start of the end for Christian's second stint in the WWE.
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Will Christian ever retain the World Title? Empty Re: Will Christian ever retain the World Title?

Post by theanimal316 Thu 12 May 2011, 4:51 pm

I think he will regain the title by the end of the summer as a face following a clean win over Orton.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Will Christian ever retain the World Title? Empty Re: Will Christian ever retain the World Title?

Post by Mr H Thu 12 May 2011, 4:54 pm

theanimal316 wrote:I think he will regain the title by the end of the summer as a face following a clean win over Orton.

Not in a million years.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 12 May 2011, 4:59 pm

If he ever does regain the title it wont be against a facf Orton IMO

Personally I don't see him getting it, not planned anyway

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Thu 12 May 2011, 5:06 pm

Mr H wrote:
theanimal316 wrote:I think he will regain the title by the end of the summer as a face following a clean win over Orton.

Not in a million years.

Why not Mr H? If the WWE really didn't think he deserved the title in the first place, they could easily have avoided giving it to him in a number of ways and still keep the belt on SD. Sometimes the WWE are smarter than people give them credit for, and having Christian seemingly harshly treated like this will create alot more interest if he goes for the title again. Do you think a face vs face match at SS would work? IMO the crowd would be split right down the middle for that one and they would put on a good match.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 12 May 2011, 5:20 pm

I doubt Christian will still be in contention come SummerSlam, he'll get a re-match at OVL and maybe one last match at Capital Punishment but I just cant see them still pushing this another couple of PPV's, it'd be overkill

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 12 May 2011, 5:23 pm

theanimal316 wrote:
Mr H wrote:

Not in a million years.

Why not Mr H? If the WWE really didn't think he deserved the title in the first place, they could easily have avoided giving it to him in a number of ways and still keep the belt on SD. Sometimes the WWE are smarter than people give them credit for, and having Christian seemingly harshly treated like this will create alot more interest if he goes for the title again. Do you think a face vs face match at SS would work? IMO the crowd would be split right down the middle for that one and they would put on a good match.

From reading various dirtsheets it appears that Vince just doesnt see Christian as a long term fixture in the main event. The title win was a token victory to give Edge and Christian one last moment together for the fans. Randy Orton was moved to Smackdown so they can build the show around him and make him the number 1 babyface on the brand and there is no way they will have another face go over him clean to win the title, especially not Christian if Vince doesnt rate him.

I might be proved wrong and dont get me wrong id love to see Christian legitimately win the title on his own merit and have a genuine reign, but i would be VERY suprised if it happened.

I fully expect him to slip down the card in weeks to come and Sheamus become No1 contender.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Norris Thu 12 May 2011, 5:32 pm

No not a chance, IMO Vince has shown the last couple of weeks exactly what he thinks of Christian!

Chuck Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 12 May 2011, 5:45 pm

The Ironic thing is Christian has been the top guy on SD! since his return

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 12 May 2011, 6:24 pm

I wish they would just give him a little run to see what like he was. He is by an unbelievable margin the biggest face on Smackdown. His pop when he enters the arena is crazy. Give him a fancy t shirt & he'd have them selling like hot cakes Wink

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 13 May 2011, 8:44 am

Unfortunately I think the only way Christian will get another run with the World title is if the reigning champion gets injured/suspended and Christian happens to be involved in a feud with them at the time.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 13 May 2011, 8:50 am

AberdeenSteve wrote:I wish they would just give him a little run to see what like he was. He is by an unbelievable margin the biggest face on Smackdown. His pop when he enters the arena is crazy. Give him a fancy t shirt & he'd have them selling like hot cakes Wink

If that's the case why did the fans in the arena go batsh1t for Orton beating him?

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down