The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Champion in a One World Title WWE

+17
JoshSansom
Crimey
more_awesome_than_a_ri
Nakatomi Plaza
The Awesome Giz
NickisBHAFC
Aaronb33
Kay Fabe
VDT
nasisillmatic
Mr H
Mr Video Man
TopoftheChops
JamesLincs
Y2James
MtotheC
bretmeharty
21 posters

Go down

Never Champion in a One World Title WWE Empty Never Champion in a One World Title WWE

Post by bretmeharty Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:30 pm

Title says it all. Who do you think would be no where near a world title if there were just the one?

Just a few of mine

JBL
RVD
Sheamus
Swagger
Ryback (only matter of time)

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Never Champion in a One World Title WWE Empty Re: Never Champion in a One World Title WWE

Post by MtotheC Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:35 pm

A few off the top of my head

Rey
Eddie
Christian
Mark Henry

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Never Champion in a One World Title WWE Empty Re: Never Champion in a One World Title WWE

Post by Y2James Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:47 pm

Controversial, but Im going to say CM Punk. Not saying he never would have been for definite, but he certainly benefited from the 2 belts system, feuding over and having multiple reigns of the lesser WHC before moving up through the glass ceiling, if there was only 1 belt we wouldnt have seen that, however I still think the HHH, Cena, Batista and Orton feuds on the other side of the company would have taken president.

Y2James

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:49 pm

benoit, jeff hardy, kahli

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:28 pm

Even though I rate him, the miz

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:32 pm

JamesLincs wrote:benoit, jeff hardy, kahli

who is the first guy you named? there has never been a wrestler with that name Wink
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:33 pm

Y2James wrote:Controversial, but Im going to say CM Punk. Not saying he never would have been for definite, but he certainly benefited from the 2 belts system, feuding over and having multiple reigns of the lesser WHC before moving up through the glass ceiling, if there was only 1 belt we wouldnt have seen that, however I still think the HHH, Cena, Batista and Orton feuds on the other side of the company would have taken president.

Totally disagree. His first few title runs maybe, but over the last 2 years Punk has been head and shoulders above anyone on either brand. It's guys like Sheamus, Del Rio, Mark Henry and Big Show who should be grateful that there are 2 world titles because if there was only one neither of them would get close to the level CM Punk has got to over the last 2 years.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:33 pm

Batista
Ziggler
Big Show

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:34 pm

Booker T

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:38 pm

Kane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:43 pm

AntLord wrote:Batista
Ziggler
Big Show

Disagree about Batista AntLord. I can think of 2 reigns where he easily warranted being the top guy in company. Breaking out of Evolution, winning the Royal Rumble and beating HHH at Wrestlemania would have happened even if there was only 1 world title. It was the biggest storyline on both shows. Also his heel work and fued with John Cena, definately the best thing over both shows, definately the best heel the company had at that time, and definately would have held it if there was only the one title. Batista was Box Office. Still is.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:44 pm

Im not so sure, with one belt, surely he wouldnt have held it as a heel over others

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:46 pm

Sure he would. Chris Jericho was the heel WHC at the time, and Batista definately would have held the strap over him.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:53 pm

Ziggler
Big Show

Big Show held the title in 1999.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:20 pm

sjh5678 wrote:
JamesLincs wrote:benoit, jeff hardy, kahli

who is the first guy you named? there has never been a wrestler with that name Wink

I disagree with Khali, purely cause he is huge in India and the viewership would gone through the roof he was WWE champion! I heard they even edited the show to make Khali seem more a face in India (don't know if its true tho)
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:22 pm

nasisillmatic wrote:
Ziggler
Big Show

yes, and.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:40 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:Kane

Reel them in

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:42 pm

AntLord wrote:Im not so sure, with one belt, surely he wouldnt have held it as a heel over others

A heel World Champion heading into Wrestling's Superbowl to get his ass kicked by the company's top dog??? It'll never catch on

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:50 pm

AntLord wrote:
nasisillmatic wrote:
Ziggler
Big Show

yes, and.....

He held the title when there was only 1. Refer to the original question.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:04 pm

khali's huge everywhere... anyway, fair point, but couldnt the same be said for people such as del rio, mysterio... and hunico?

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:07 pm

As much as I loved the guy, Eddie. And of course, Rey only got his mega push after Eddie popped his clogs, but he still only got the second belt.

I can't imagine Benoit would have won the strap in a one strap WWE either.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:39 pm

JBL
Ziggler
Kahli
Edge

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:50 pm

i did think edge. i was never big on him myself. however he won the main wwe title on several occasions

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:21 pm

Half of edges title reigns were only a month long anyway.

I agree that Punk wouldn't, he only works in a PG environment, if this had been back in the attitude era no one would have given a toss about that straight edge fella with the funny tattoos.

I'de say Mark Henry wouldn't have got anywhere near with one title, even if I've been impressed with him last year.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:24 pm

As great as he's been post title reign, Daniel Bryan would not have been given a chance to be the man if there was only one title on offer.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:15 pm

In realistic views, Punk would have been chucked in Right To Sensor, and Bryan would be chasing someone round a theme park for the hardcore title.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by more_awesome_than_a_ri Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:21 pm

Don't think it's been mentioned but Christian.

Always felt it was a token gesture cos Edge had retired.

more_awesome_than_a_ri

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:04 pm

I agree that Punk wouldn't, he only works in a PG environment, if this had been back in the attitude era no one would have given a toss about that straight edge fella with the funny tattoos.

Disagree totally, although I think he'd have found it a lot more difficult to break into the business the way he did, as WWE has only recently been happy to get successful indie wrestlers, I think if he got into the WWE his sheer talent would have got him up the card over time.

I think you're seriously underrating Punk, or overrating the attitude era if you think that's all he is. He's got fantastic in-ring psychology being able to put on great matches with most he faces. He's also very, very good on the mic, I think only Austin and Rock from the attitude era are as good on the mic as Punk, Michaels, Jericho and Triple H just a little behind.

I think in the attitude era he'd have been even more of a success as he could go into the more extremes of the character, I think he'd have been an uber-heel though as he would have been able to make himself a lot more disliked, a lot easier.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Y2James Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:17 pm

Mr H wrote:
Y2James wrote:Controversial, but Im going to say CM Punk. Not saying he never would have been for definite, but he certainly benefited from the 2 belts system, feuding over and having multiple reigns of the lesser WHC before moving up through the glass ceiling, if there was only 1 belt we wouldnt have seen that, however I still think the HHH, Cena, Batista and Orton feuds on the other side of the company would have taken president.

Totally disagree. His first few title runs maybe, but over the last 2 years Punk has been head and shoulders above anyone on either brand. It's guys like Sheamus, Del Rio, Mark Henry and Big Show who should be grateful that there are 2 world titles because if there was only one neither of them would get close to the level CM Punk has got to over the last 2 years.

I agree with you 100% the past 2 years he has been awesome, and even for the 3 before that, but what I was saying was if there wasnt a second belt for him to cut his teeth on to start with and prove his capabilities as a potential to lead the company, would he have been noticed or trusted ahead of the usual Vince favorites or been lost in the mid card under Cena, Orton, HHH, Brock etc.

Y2James

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:25 pm

I would say that if there was only one title then a lot fewer people would have become champion. JUst as we look back on the 90s and see people like Mr Perfect and Roddy Piper who could and possibly should have been champion I think we would have looked at the likes of Punk, Eddie, Ziggler etc and put them in the same bracket.

As much as anything I think it would have happened that a number of the mid card guys would have thought that they would never have been given an opportunity and left for a new company.

The two titles probably presented the company with a good way of keeping lots of talent that may otherwise have left.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:40 am

nasisillmatic wrote:
AntLord wrote:
nasisillmatic wrote:
Ziggler
Big Show

yes, and.....

laughing

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:16 am

Crimey wrote:

Disagree totally, although I think he'd have found it a lot more difficult to break into the business the way he did, as WWE has only recently been happy to get successful indie wrestlers, I think if he got into the WWE his sheer talent would have got him up the card over time.

I think you're seriously underrating Punk, or overrating the attitude era if you think that's all he is. He's got fantastic in-ring psychology being able to put on great matches with most he faces. He's also very, very good on the mic, I think only Austin and Rock from the attitude era are as good on the mic as Punk, Michaels, Jericho and Triple H just a little behind.

I think in the attitude era he'd have been even more of a success as he could go into the more extremes of the character, I think he'd have been an uber-heel though as he would have been able to make himself a lot more disliked, a lot easier.

Crimey is spot on. Do you not think that this straightedge guy who can cut an unbelievable promo wouldnt work as a 'holier than thou' heel in the attitude era? Do you not think that his promos would be even more awesome if he was given license to be even edgier? The attitude era is seriously overated anyway.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:19 am

MIG wrote:
nasisillmatic wrote:
AntLord wrote:
nasisillmatic wrote:
Ziggler
Big Show

yes, and.....

laughing

I humbly apologise that my wrestling geekism isn't as knowledgeable as yours

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:05 am

AntLord wrote:
MIG wrote:
nasisillmatic wrote:
AntLord wrote:
nasisillmatic wrote:
Ziggler
Big Show

yes, and.....

laughing

You don't have to apologise. Just don't let it happen again.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:47 pm

AntLord wrote:
MIG wrote:
nasisillmatic wrote:
AntLord wrote:
nasisillmatic wrote:
Ziggler
Big Show

yes, and.....

laughing

Don't worry about it, you come across as geeky enough in everything else you do Smile

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:42 am

and yet again you can't resist.

Let me point out that you were warned last week.

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:49 am

AntLord wrote:
MIG wrote:
nasisillmatic wrote:
AntLord wrote:
nasisillmatic wrote:
Ziggler
Big Show

yes, and.....

laughing

Naah, I wasn't laughing at your lack of geekism Erm or knowledge. I was laughing cause your cocky reply of yes, and.....got shot straight back down. OK

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:35 pm

Christian is a definite for me, and Sheamus would be another I'd consider, even with his reigns with each belt. Alberto Del Rio?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:58 pm

ADR I reckon would have done just because how high they were on him when he initially came into WWE and wanted another Hispanic champ.
I remember the boards loving him when he first started getting the push, god how quickly everyone turned when they realised he was the most vanilla heel in existence.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:10 pm

I don't think all the blame can be laid at Del Rio's feet, WWE failed to develop the character at all from debut to his world title run which meant that he was stuck having to say exactly the same things for over a year.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:34 pm

"my name......my name is alberto del rio. but you already know that."

that got so annoying glad he has stopped doing it now
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:57 pm

The guy couldnt draw heat from an oven. He is the worst Royal Rumble winner in history and the fact that his World Championship Match against Edge was the curtain jerker, and the fact that he LOST against a guy who immediately retired, suggests to me that the WWE lost faith in him even at that early stage. Surely if they wanted to put him over and give him heat they'd give him the mantle of being the guy who beat Edge in his last ever match and retired him.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:20 pm

AntLord wrote:and yet again you can't resist.

Let me point out that you were warned last week.

I wasn't 'warned' about anything sonnyboy

I actually agree with your list, just to add to it though I'd also include, Hogan, Austin and The Ultimate Warrior

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:24 pm

Mr H wrote:The guy couldnt draw heat from an oven. He is the worst Royal Rumble winner in history and the fact that his World Championship Match against Edge was the curtain jerker, and the fact that he LOST against a guy who immediately retired, suggests to me that the WWE lost faith in him even at that early stage. Surely if they wanted to put him over and give him heat they'd give him the mantle of being the guy who beat Edge in his last ever match and retired him.

He also spent the run up to WrestleMania being beaten the crap out of by Christian, a guy they didn't even put on the Mania card, I thought they where ribbing him

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:25 pm

Theres been a few names thrown about I just cant agree with.

Benoit - It was only a matter of time. He was always super over, and dont forget that the WHC was the "Big" title at the time. Would they have put him over HBK and HHH if there was only one world title? Considering the WWE title match was Eddie G vs Angle, more than likely.

Jeff Hardy - Seriously? Jeff deserved his WWE title victory, and deserved to be booked better after winning it. The work he did over the year up to his win at Armaggedon was brilliant.

RVD - Again, with the resurection of ECW, you want a big, headline grabbing moment. Why not take the best ex-ECW guy you have and put the belt on him? Frak, Money.

Edge - Argueably the best heel the we've seen in since the "Entertainment" Era began. He definatly would have been champ in a one world title WWE.

Unfortuanatly, theres some guys I really like who I do have to conceed wouldnt have. JBL for starters. Pushed in a panic because of a lack of heels, but by christ if he wasnt brilliant in his role. Was never the best in ring but held the crowd in the palm of his hand, generated a ton of heat, and was entertaing as all hell to watch. BUT since his push was only done in a panic its doubtful it would have happened if there was only 1 world title.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down