The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cena heel turn, WWE Title domination and World Title Unification

+5
theanimal316
Samo
A Fine Folk.
TopoftheChops
Kay Fabe
9 posters

Go down

Cena heel turn, WWE Title domination and World Title Unification Empty Cena heel turn, WWE Title domination and World Title Unification

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:17 pm

Right, here goes, another 'possible Cena heel turn'

These are getting a bit tedious I know, it seems like 'on a slow news day talk about a Cena turn'

Here goes, I do think Cena will go into WrestleMania as the WWE Champion, even though I know it will be a huge mark out moment should Rock beat him, John Cena as the WWE's biggest star should be the guy to go over in this match, not as the over coming all the odds good guy though, winning the World Title, possibly thanks to some kind of Rock interference would be the best way for Cena to walk into WrestleMania as the Champ, this allows Rock to claim Cena is only the Champion thanks to him, it also builds the story that Cena could be doubting himself, is he really the best anymore? Can he still reign supreme on his own?

These self doubts help explain a heel turn, help understand it and even though it would be a swerve of somesorts, it would also be somewhat logical for him to turn heel if he has lost what was once an unwavering belief in his own abilities

Now, if Cena turns heel, I really do think he should be protected, more Cena like than ever, especially with the WWE Title around his waist, now many won't want to see Cena as the Champion for the best part of a year but for me it's the only way to make any kind of heel turn seem like he made the correct decision, in CM Punk's promo back in June he stated that he is clearly better than Cena yet Cena get's all the opportunities, while that was Punk 'shooting' I think that is definitely something they should make obvious and central to the storyline

After Cena beats Rock by screwjob, aligned with the office, I'd book him in a program with CM Punk who would be the top face of the company, over the next two PPV's I'd have Cena go over with the most obvious of heel tactics being ignored, possiblly have the ref overlook obvious heel tactics by Cena, have announcers sing his praises too, although we'd need to have that one rouge announcer who goes against the grain and tells it like it is

On their third PPV match, I'd have some kind of stipulation that would see CM Punk finally getting the win over John Cena, possibly having a ref bump and 'an honest straight' ref coming out and counting a pin for CM Punk, Punk would have finally won the title, I'd take it right back off him though, the next night on RAW, to basically exorcise his power and importance within the company I'd have Punk ordered to have a re-match with Cena later on that night, a match which is so unbelievably biased that no other outcome other than a Cena win is likely or logical

This chain of events would prompt Punk to snap again where he can detonate more Pipe Bombs on us, he'd tells us how corrupt the place was and how bogus fighting for the title is, if things don't change soon he'll just go somewhere else to challenge for a World Title, this would probably be seen as a hint hint wink wink nod at ROH or NJPW or even shockingly enough TNA although I obviously wouldn't expect him to mention them, in order to appease CM Punk, I'd have Johnny Ace come out and announce that in complience with CM Punk's worries, there will be a title match between Cena and a new #1 contender next week on RAW (Dolph Ziggler would win any match that would entitle him to the Title match with Cena)

Johnny Ace would open up RAW and claim that since he's a fair guy who is open to constructivee criticism he's took Punk's words on board and to freshen up RAW he's going to start the show with the title match, further still to prove how fair he and Cena are, he is allowing CM Punk to choose the ref for the match, during the match it's clear that Cena is in trouble, he could see some kind of leg or shoulder injury which immediately swings the match in Ziggler's favour, true to form though the usual shennanigans starts to happen, this time though the fair ref decides to send Laurinaitis (or whoever is in charge) and anyone else on team Cena back to the locker room, while that's going on Punk appears from the crowd and lays out Cena with the GTS and Dolph gets the pin as Team Cena are seen in the back ground rushing to the ring but to avail....later on that night however to once again justify their position as the strongest force in the WWE, management come out and claim (without a shred of irony) that since the Title match was contaminated, it would be insulting to the integrity and legacy of the Championship to allow the result to stand, so 'with great regret' they have announced the match null in void and request Dolph Ziggler returns the title to John Cena immediately, this leads to mass celebrations within the Cena camp as if he'd won it for the first time.

CM Punk who is #1 contender for the title at the PPV comes out with a smirk where he'd tell Cena and management to ram the match and 'he's out', he tells Cena that he's a paper champion and he's no longer going to waste his time or effort on him or the title, claiming that Cena in his need to be the man has ruined what was supposidely the most important Championship in Pro Wrestling, CM Punk announces that from now on he no longer wants to be considered for WWE Title contention and he'll only be interested in persuing the World Heavyweight Championship

After that I'd have most of the big names (even the heels like Del Rio and Miz) all compete for the WHC where that division would be really thriving, the WWE title not so much, it would be a real reign of doom from Cena but what I would do is put him in matches where he should be winning without the aid of help, against guys like Zack Ryder, Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne, I'd also put him on 4th or 5th so it wouldn't be the real main event (although I'd definitely make WWE management make it sound like it) with the kayfabe excuse that he likes to get out early and doesn't want to hang around and wants to get out to his other interests ASAP

At this point the WHC scene would be thriving, Punk, Miz, Del Rio and Ziggler joining the likes of Orton, Sheamus, Barrett and Christian all vying for that particular title, I'd also look at the possibility of bringing outside guys in to work Title matches with Cena, guys who might be recognisable but seen as a step down from Cena, further proof of the lengths the WWE will go to keep the Cena brand protected

At the Survivor Series I'd have CM Punk beat Randy Orton for the World Heavyweight Championship, I'd have Punk be a real fighting Champion be it on PPV or RAW/SmackDown!, I'd have him beat Miz, Ziggler, Christian, Sheamus and Barrett, even the guy that wins The 2013 Royal Rumble, let's just say Cody Rhodes, Punk offers him the chance of using it to fight for the WHC as it would at least be fair, I'd have CM Punk beat Cody Rhodes at Elimination Chamber

The night right after he'd kick RAW off (he and the rest of RAW's main players wouldn't leave RAW just because they are after the WHC, the Supershow helps with that detail) anyway, Punk starts RAW and announces that he is the only legitimate World Champion and everyone, even the heels all come out and acknowledge that CM Punk whether the like him or not has earned their respect by being a true fighting Champion, Punk thanks them and says he'd rather lose a real Championship than hold a paper Title

Cena and WWE management take exception to this, management say that being the WWE Champion means you are the best in the World, Punk drops a few Pipe Bombs at this point, Punk would tell everone he is the best in the World, Cena by this point in his reign has been so protected that he trulÝ believes he is the best in the World, he tells Punk if he wants to claim he's the best he needa to prove it by beating him, at this point Punk would need to back off, he's alreaey done the dance with Cena and believes the whole Cena empire is so corrupt that being screwed over once again by Cena and all his allies won't prove nothing, Cena who almost sounds delusional at that point would claim Punk is full of it, he does it on his own week after week month after month, all he does now is make more money and has far more time as he doesn't pander to the fans

Punk continues to resist until Cena finally tells him the only way Punk can cement his claim would be to face Cena at WrestleMania, Cena vs Punk, Title vs Title, winner takes all, despite his better judgement, CM Punk can't knock back the opportunity to right a few wrongs

At WrestleMania I'd have CM Punk finally beat John Cena using the Anaconda Vice to make John Cena tap out for the first time ever to become the New Undisputed WWE Champion of the World

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Cena heel turn, WWE Title domination and World Title Unification Empty Re: Cena heel turn, WWE Title domination and World Title Unification

Post by TopoftheChops Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:22 pm

Apart from cena has tapped before. Good idea but I think the fans would be bored after a while.

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Cena heel turn, WWE Title domination and World Title Unification Empty Re: Cena heel turn, WWE Title domination and World Title Unification

Post by A Fine Folk. Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:05 pm

When has Cena ever tapped?

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMDcunGGN_g

Great article Gaffer.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:28 pm

TopoftheChops wrote:Apart from cena has tapped before. Good idea but I think the fans would be bored after a while.

Yeah I know he's tapped but nit since becoming the never give up warrior he's portrayed as now

I thought about the fans being bored, I don't think they would be, what we would basically get is the One World Title division with all the main eventers which helps freshen up feuds,also, it wouldn't include 'superCena' which I thought everyone wants to see, the WWE Title would mainly just become a prop for Cena, it would be a legit World Title in name only, RAW would still see it's main show with everything included, far from getting bored I think it could freshen up the entire main event division and outlook

What bit would be boring?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:27 pm

Absolutely awesome story Gaffer. Really enjoyable. The idea of Cena being a weak heel doesn't sit well with me, i wouldn't want it to turn into Austion circa 2001. To me, Cena when he does turn heel (which I don't expect to happen until late 2012) should stay close to who he currently is except say he will do it all without the support of the fans. Basically his first gimmick, minus the rapping.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:54 pm

I don't want Cena to be a weak heel as such, but as a face we know that behind the scenes the WWE office make sure Cena stays on top, what I'd do with him as a heel would be to bring that into the public domain and use in screen authority figures to make that more obvious

Cheers though, glad you enjoyed it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:57 pm

Think it would be excellent Gaffer - the issue I would have would be the position of the rest of the roster in the meantime. The whole programme would be shaped around putting Punk and Cena over. What would other main event heels be doing if they were showing respect to Punk? With such a massive heel character it would be difficult for any others to really get beyond the mid card as a proper heel too.

That said as someone who really enjoyed the HHH - Rock thing at the beginning of 2000 I would love to see it as it does feel like that WM, Backlash, Judgment Day, King of the Ring time (albeit with Cena holding the belt for longer than Helmsley did)

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:44 pm

The other heels would continue toido their thing however they'd realise that in order to win a World Title they'd have to focus their attention onto the WHC, you'd have everything as normal except there would realistically only be one World title to fued over which for me should be the direction anyway, the other World Title would be Cena's but although it would be referred to as the top title but the obvious under tones and position on PPV's would identify the WHC as the top title

I wouldn't have the heels make a point of criticising Cena, I'd actually have Cena and his followers actively encourage any percieved threat to his title to go for the WHC instead

I think it would actually give more main event level guys more variety in their feuds, they wouldn't all win the title but the vast majority would be involved in the title scene, not that I think all of them should get a run with the belt anyway

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:25 pm

great stuff gaffer i like the sound of unifying the titles, eliminating the super cena character and building a real big fight at wm

I too wouldnt want a weak heel based character for cena but i think something of a hybrid between weak and cheat could work really well and if he has management in his corner to stack the deck it would work perfectly. I really like the new selfish bobby Roode and i think something along this line could work really well for cena, he could say he's sick of not being appreciated by the fans after years and years of putting his body on the line, numerous neck surgery's, giving 110% in the ring just to entertain the fans but still he's not appreciated and the only thanks and support he gets is from snot nosed kids and females who know nothing about pro wrestling! He could go on to say that the only people who ever truly supported him was the wwe itself and the company is the only thing he cares about now and he will do anything to protecting it, the management and the title itself... slowly align cena with Johny ace and add him to the stable of Otunga and Clay and boom you've got the beginnings of a new corporation build the story line as you said gaffer and build some real heat for the company team against the saviour face (punk) until wm where punk goes over and a top level star is cemented, cena has more fuel to add to the heel fire and the company stable has a target to bring down.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:12 am

I'd have Cena as that selfish character, it's not really a hard stretch anyway to imagine him being selfish when it looks like the majority of fans are ungrateful toward him anyway, it's easy to believe that even a Saint would be tested with the reactions he gets

The reason I'd also make all his PPV matches go on 4th or 5th instead of last too would be to highlight his selfishness, in real life back in the 80s and 90s, Hulk Hogan when doing houses would always go on 4th or 5th as he liked to get out of the arena and get a meal before the crowd would come out and basdically hold him up for an hour or two with autograph hunters, this is something I'd use exclusively for Cena to help add to the storyline (and also gives the WWE the onscreen reason to make the WHC the main event instead of the over protected WWE title, while still allowing them to claim Cena holds the biggest prize)

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TheUnknownOne. Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:33 pm

whats this the 50th article on this thing

TheUnknownOne.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:02 am

Ehh

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Groves is my dad Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:00 am

TheUnknownOne. wrote:whats this the 50th article on this thing

Thanks for your input

Great article Gaffer!!

Perry Groves is my dad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down