The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian's pursuit of the World Title... *Inc SD! Spoilers*

+3
ADMIN
sodhat
Mr H
7 posters

Go down

Christian's pursuit of the World Title... *Inc SD! Spoilers* Empty Christian's pursuit of the World Title... *Inc SD! Spoilers*

Post by Mr H Thu May 26, 2011 11:48 pm

Firstly, i just want to say that the World Heavyweight Title match at Over The Limit is probably the best match i've seen Randy Orton involved in for quite some time. The reason for this? Christian. Now i'm not your biggest Christian fanboy and dont hype him up like alot of the IWC tend to, but since his return from injury i cant deny that the guy has been red hot. Promo ability aside, im not sure there is anyone in the WWE today who can create such chemistry in-ring than Christian. He's put on great matches with the green Alberto Del Rio, and has managed to create some top drawer matches with the wooden Randy 'Rest Hold' Orton. I always used to say that Shawn Michaels could have a 5 star classic with a mop, and i'm starting to think Christian could do the same. There were reports that Vince doesnt see Christian as a top level guy, hence the short title reign, but if someone with the backstage pull that Orton has can benefit from being in a fued with Christian, you'd think it'd be in Orton's best interests to try and pull some strings to continue their programme. Personally i dont think we've seen the last of Christian as a World Champion, and i dont think the WWE will continue to ignore his popularity and consistent crowd reactions week after week. Although Vince might not rate him as a Main Event guy, the last few weeks have shown that he definately is and i dont think Vince can keep turning a blind eye to it, ultimately he has to accept that Christian belongs at the top of the card. The next few weeks will determine this.

Here is how i'd like to see Christian's pursuit of the World Title pan out...

After Smackdown this week, Sheamus won a Triple Threat Match to become the new Number 1 contender to Randy Orton's World Title. The following weeks episode on 03/06 sees Sheamus open the show cutting a promo on how he is going to climb the mountain again and become the new World Champion, only to be interupted by the Champion himself, Randy Orton. They go back and forth until Christian comes out and says he knows he can beat Randy Orton, Randy Orton knows he can beat Randy Orton, and everyone in the WWE Universe knows he can beat Randy Orton. Christian is in Ortons face now telling him he was 'this close, this close' from beating him at Over The Limit, and although he respects Orton he knows he has what it takes to beat him and wants one more shot. Sheamus cuts him off and tells him he had his chance, and he failed, so he has to get to the back of the queue, and that the Celtic Warrior has earned his place to be next in line. Christian mocks Sheamus calling him 'fella' and its about to get physical until Teddy Long comes out onto the stage. Long says 'Playas, i dont want this breaking down right now, and Sheamus is right he has earned his opportunity, but Christian playa i agree that you deserve another shot so tonight we are gonna have ourselves a non title triple threat match. Christian, if you win, you become joint number 1 contender and at Capitol Punishment we'll have ourselves a triple threat match for the World Title. Sheamus, if you win, you get to pick Randy Orton's opponent for a match next week on Smackdown, and Randy Orton if you win playa, you get to pick Sheamus' opponent for next week. Holla.'

Later on that night after a back and forth triple threat match, Christian reverses an RKO attempt and hits the Killswitch on Orton, just as it looks like he's finally about to pin his rival, Sheamus nails Christian with a big boot and steals the cover on Orton to win the match. The show goes off the air with Christian beside himself as his chance is blown.

The next week 10/06 sees Sheamus pick The Great Khali as Randy Orton's opponent. Sheamus is on commentary for the match and just as Orton is stalking Khali ready to hit the RKO, Sheamus enters the ring and nails Orton with a big boot to give Orton a DQ win. Khali and Sheamus beat down on Orton until Christian makes the save and he and Orton see off the challenge of Khali and Sheamus. There is no embrace between Christian and Orton and the show goes off the air with Christian walking back up the ramp locked in a stare with the Viper.

Its 17/06 and the final Smackdown before Capitol Punishment. Randy Orton opens the show and talks about Christian just not letting go of the fact that he lost his title, he cant beat Randy Orton, and he needs to get over it. Christian comes out and they end up arguing. Orton says he doesnt need Christian's help, they end up pushing eachother until Daniel Bryan makes a suprise entry to the ring. Bryan says he has been a keen spectator over the last few weeks and didnt want to miss this opportunity to tell Christian his time is up, and if anyone is next in line after Randy Orton beats Sheamus, then its him, and in order to firmly put Christian at the back of the queue he is challenging Captain Charisma to a match at Capitol Punishment, to which Christian accepts. In the meantime, the main event for Smackdown is going to be Sheamus and The Great Khali vs Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton. Sheamus picks up the win pinning Bryan.

26/06, Capitol Punishment. In an entertaining match, Christian picks up a win against Daniel Bryan, and Randy Orton retains his title after a strong test against the Celtic Warrior.

01/07. Smackdown. The show opens with a backstage segment, and the camera cuts to Sheamus beating down on Christian. He traps Christian's arm under a chair and goes to work on it. Christian is rolling around in agony before being attended to by EMTS. Sheamus then comes straight to the ring and cuts a promo. He says he should be stood here today as World Champion, and wants to make sure he gets a rematch and wanted to put Christian out of action to stop him from jumping the queue again. Sheamus says he's not leaving until he's granted a rematch. Teddy Long makes to the stage, he says 'Sheamus, playa, you can have your rematch for the World Title, and that match will be next week on Smackdown, but only if you can win your match tonight, against The Great Khali'! Sheamus looks horrified, but the match is made. During the night, Josh Matthews and Booker T tell us that Christian was taken to a local medical facility to assess his injury and we wish Christian all the best for a rapid recovery. In the Main Event, Sheamus manages to hit Khali with a big boot and pick up the win, and next week he will face Randy Orton for the World Heavyweight Championship.

08.07. Smackdown. Teddy Long announces that there will be a qualifying matches over the next 2 weeks to determine who will take part in the Money In The Bank match at the PPV is 2 weeks. During the night, Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, Sin Cara and Wade Barrett all qualify. The final 4 will be decided next week. In the Main Event, Sheamus and Orton go back and forth and Orton is stalking Sheamus ready to hit the RKO, but out of nowhere comes Christian who attacks Sheamus with a barrage of punches. Sheamus wins the match via DQ. Orton pulls Christian off and nails him with an RKO! Smackdown goes off air with Orton stood over Christian and Sheamus with his title aloft.

15.07. Smackdown. Its the final episode before Money in the Bank. Backstage we see Christian enter Teddy Long's office demanding a match to qualify for the ladder match at the PPV. Long agrees, and his opponent tonight will be Sheamus. Long also says that Sheamus deserves a fair shot at the World Title after Christian's interference last week, and that the title match at Money in the Bank will be Sheamus vs Randy Orton. Ezekiel Jackson, Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd all win their qualifying matches. After a brave effort, Christian with a heavily strapped arm manages to beat Sheamus with a small package to qualify for the ladder match.

17.07. Money in the Bank. After a gruelling long back and forth effort, Christian holds Wade Barrett's ankle and stops him from climbing the ladder. He climbs up the same side as Barrett and pushes his head against the steel causing Barrett to fall off. Christian notices his opportunity and makes his way to the top and retrieves the briefcase to a huge pop. Christian is Mr Money in the Bank.
Sheamus and Randy Orton go at it in the title match, and after reversing the Celtic Cross into an RKO, Orton picks up the win to retain his title, but wait, Christian's music hits and he comes out with a referee, he is cashing in the Money in the Bank TONIGHT! The bell rings with Orton just getting to his knees and Christian makes his way over to him but RKO, RKO, RKO, out of nowhere, and its over, just like that, Orton retains his title is less than a minute! Orton slides out of the ring with his title and walks backwards up the ramp. Christian is on his knees with his hands on his head, looking at the briefcase in a state of disbelief, he's blown it again.

22.07. Smackdown. After the events at Money in the Bank, Randy Orton opens the show and talks about being a fighting champion. He says he's taken on all challengers, and beaten them all, he says he needs a new challenge, a fresh opponent, but out comes the man he beat to retain his title - Christian. Christian cuts a despondent figure, he talks sheepishly and says 'You know what Randy, maybe you are right, maybe you do have my number, maybe i cant beat you, but lets let these people here tonight decide if i can beat you'. The crowd pops indicating Christian CAN indeed beat Orton. Orton says he's beaten Christian time and time again, and credits him for his persistance, until Christian slaps Orton across the face. 'Dont patronise me Orton', says Christian. 'I've done it all in this business, i've held every title there is to hold, so dont talk to me about persistance'. Orton is getting worked up until Teddy Long comes out and wants to put an end to this whole thing. 'Listen playas, this has been going on for far too long now and its about time we put an end to this once and for all. Christian, you want this real bad dont ya playa, i can see it in your eyes, and i'm gonna give it to ya, one last chance Christian, you will get your title shot if you can win your match next week faster than everyone else, in a Beat the Clock challenge to decide the new number 1 contender to face Randy Orton at Summerslam. Meanwhile, tonight, you two will have to get along as a team because you are facing Sheamus and Wade Barrett in a tag team main event.' Christian picks up the pin on Barrett to claim the win for his team.

29.07. Smackdown. In a Beat the Clock challenge, Wade Barrett has set the time to beat after beating Corre team mate Justin Gabriel in 3mins 36secs. Christian's opponent tonight is Cody Rhodes. Its the main event of the evening, and Orton is on commentary. The clock is ticking, and goes over the 3 minute mark, it looks as if Barrett will be going to Summerslam until Christian gets knocked out of the ring into the announce table, falling onto Randy Orton, and Orton nails him with a punch, the ref calls for the bell and the winner via DQ on 3mins 35secs is Christian! Christian is the new number one contender.

05.08. Smackdown. Randy Orton opens the show to congratulate Christian on his win last week. But Christian knows that he wouldnt have become the number 1 contender if it wasnt for him. Orton goes on to say he is happy he is facing Christian at Summerslam because he knows how to beat him, and he will once again walk away STILL the World Heavyweight Champion. Orton is interupted by Cody Rhodes. Rhodes blames Orton for costing him a shot at the title. Rhodes challenges Orton to a match tonight to which Orton accepts. In the main event of the evening, Orton faces Rhodes and Christian is on commentary. Orton picks up the win with an RKO and Christian stands and applauds him for the win as Smackdown goes off the air.

12.08. Its the last Smackdown before Summerslam, and at the end of the night will be the official contract signing between Christian and Randy Orton. Both guys trade compliments, and insults at the contract signing, both sign their names and shake hands from a distance before pulling in close and going nose to nose. Orton stands his ground as Christian exits the ring as the commentators hype up the match on Sunday.

14.08. Its Summerslam, and the main event is next, its Randy Orton vs Christian for the World Heavyweight Championship. In an amazing match, both guys put it all on the line, and the final stages of the match sees Christian jump from the 2nd rope but gets caught with a midair RKO! 1..2..Kickout! Orton cant believe it, that is how he beat Christian for the title, but this time its not enough. Orton is vexed and coils to line up the RKO, but gets to his feet and instead sets up the punt kick. Orton runs at Christian and swings but Christian moves out of the way and gets back to his feet and Orton walks straight into the Killswitch! 1...2....Kickout! Orton kicks out! Christian cant believe it and wonders what he has to do to beat this guy. The match continues. Both guys trade more blows until Orton hits his reverse backbreaker and Christian is down. Orton then lines up the RKO again, punching the canvas, Christian slowly gets back to his feet and walks into an RK.... No, Christian reverses, Kilswitch, Killswitch, Killswitch, Christian hits it and just falls onto Orton. 1......2......3! New Champion, New Champion! Christian has done it! Summerslam closes with Christian on his knees looking at the title ala Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 12.

Blimey that was long winded. Anyway, hope you like.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Christian's pursuit of the World Title... *Inc SD! Spoilers* Empty Re: Christian's pursuit of the World Title... *Inc SD! Spoilers*

Post by sodhat Thu May 26, 2011 11:57 pm

I thought that was an excellent read mate and a great way of giving Randy a decent reign, while getting Christian well and truly over as a main eventer.

I'd give you 5 stars on 606!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Christian's pursuit of the World Title... *Inc SD! Spoilers* Empty Re: Christian's pursuit of the World Title... *Inc SD! Spoilers*

Post by ADMIN Fri May 27, 2011 12:05 am

Really good future storyline there Mr H. 10/10!

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri May 27, 2011 12:12 am

Phenomenal mate, I'm now late to go see my missus but I felt compelled to keep reading and tell you how good that was Yahoo

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2011 12:20 am

Awesome stuff there pal. If only they'd book it like that!

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri May 27, 2011 12:25 am

Sainty wrote:Awesome stuff there pal. If only they'd book it like that!

I know it must be very hard to book like this, with politicking and the fact they have alot to write; but why can't the creative team come up with these sort of simple, coherent storylines!

Bah.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2011 12:37 am

It does seem like such an easy angle to push in essence. But odds are, as is commonplace these days, the title will just keep switching hands every so often.

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri May 27, 2011 12:42 am

10/10 mate, that would be a brilliant story. Especially with the failed cash in too making fans doubt if he really is good enough to win the title.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by taffy_crisp Fri May 27, 2011 12:43 am

its far to good a storyline so we know we will never see anything like it

taffy_crisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri May 27, 2011 1:39 am

Cheers guys, i appreciate the feedback. Its not far fetched and i tried keeping it as logical as possible.

Is there a site we post these bookings to? Someone should send it to Randy Orton on twitter for me!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri May 27, 2011 1:42 am

I can send it to Christian and Randy if you want! Wink

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri May 27, 2011 1:46 am

Why the hell not! I'm not on twitter otherwise i would, but please do Hero, cheers mate!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri May 27, 2011 1:55 am

All done!

A fantastic write up of how @Christian4Peeps title battle with @RandyOrton could evolve by Mr H http://tinyurl.com/3hkx7zl

http://twitter.com/#!/606v2wrestling

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri May 27, 2011 2:07 am

Cheers pal. I wonder if Randy will like me calling him 'wooden Randy 'rest hold' Orton'!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri May 27, 2011 2:27 am

He’ll probably stomp around his room shouting ‘Stupid, stupid, stupid!’

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri May 27, 2011 9:02 pm

gaffer, not sure if you saw this one yet mate but i know you like a crack at a booking so would be good to see your take on how Christian could win back the world title?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Sat May 28, 2011 10:24 am

Brilliant piece Mr.H, really interesting read.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down