The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bismarck sent off for tackling and handing off: someone should have told the Boks to prepare for a soccer match!

+22
Hood83
maestegmafia
Taylorman
emack2
Galted
Casartelli
The Saint
Full Credit
No 7&1/2
Cyril
Looseheaded
bedfordwelsh
Knowsit17
Biltong
Jenifer McLadyboy
Rory_Gallagher
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
nathan
GloriousEmpire
kiakahaaotearoa
Artful_Dodger
Mr Fishpaste
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bismarck sent off for tackling and handing off: someone should have told the Boks to prepare for a soccer match! - Page 2 Empty Bismarck sent off for tackling and handing off: someone should have told the Boks to prepare for a soccer match!

Post by Mr Fishpaste Sat 14 Sep 2013, 10:54 am

First topic message reminder :

Absurd!

PS: I don't think that Boks would necessarily have won it though, but the absurd sending off of Bismarck definitely ruined was was set to be a cracking test

Last edited by Mr Fishpaste on Sat 14 Sep 2013, 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Mr Fishpaste

Back to top Go down

Bismarck sent off for tackling and handing off: someone should have told the Boks to prepare for a soccer match! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bismarck sent off for tackling and handing off: someone should have told the Boks to prepare for a soccer match!

Post by Hood83 Sun 15 Sep 2013, 11:30 am

I feel really sorry for the Boks, and in a weird way for the ABs because I don't think any of the fans or players wanted it to play out like that - would have been far more useful for them to play 15v15 the whole game and see where they stood. Particularly as the ABs are masters at working out teams' strengths and weaknesses after a performance and targeting them next game.

All that said, yes I can see Poite should perhaps be reprimanded. I don't think he's a particularly good ref anyway. But people do make mistakes, ok there's a lot of money in it but it IS still just a sport, nobody died (though Carter looked like he might!). The whole 'If i made a mistake in my job, I'd be fired' line should only tell you that you work for a cretinous, ridiculous boss.

Biltong - your team has got rotten luck with refs in recent years. Hopefully it'll even itself out in future.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Bismarck sent off for tackling and handing off: someone should have told the Boks to prepare for a soccer match! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bismarck sent off for tackling and handing off: someone should have told the Boks to prepare for a soccer match!

Post by Hood83 Sun 15 Sep 2013, 11:33 am

Taylorman wrote:What annoyed me is the boks reverted to type. They forgot the progress they had made and chose to bullrush the ABs. No effective backline play just boss boss boss. The ABs absorbed it all, took the injuries and remained true to what they are as a team. The boks may think they were robbed but they desserted all progress they had made to date.  Du plessis is one awesome player and the aggression got the better of him. His actions caused a bad decision to be made when stopping DC rather than crushing him would have been just as effective,

Yes a top 100 hits biltong but really? Is that the aim of this game? To smash our little prima donna off the park.? Can the boks not bring more to the table than bash?

Frankly the side lacked real skill, kicked poorly, dropped balls, missed tackles and generally did nothing positive other than bash. We now have several players out injured because we couldnt handle the physicality of the bok onslaught. Thats fine, thats rugby, and we move on. But we get the win, one we woud have got anyway.

Lets hope the boks bring more to the table than bash in SA, because though they mght take out a few more of our players in their quest, they wont win the rugby.

Disappointed in their effort this round.
Tone's a bit smug eh Taylorman! I know what you're saying but be careful what you wish for. A 15 man Bok Bosh is not the same as a 14 man one, and you may find that, limited or not, it's not that easy to resist on their patch. The 'one we would have got anyway' ...really? Maybe, probably perhaps, but maybe not, you hardly blew them away when it was 15v15.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sun 15 Sep 2013, 12:32 pm

[quote="Hood83"]
Taylorman wrote: Du plessis is one awesome player and the aggression got the better of him. His actions caused a bad decision to be made when stopping DC rather than crushing him would have been just as effective,
What a ridiculous statement. It's rugby mate, not tiddlywinks.

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Fishpaste Sun 15 Sep 2013, 1:12 pm

Taylorman wrote:What annoyed me is the boks reverted to type. They forgot the progress they had made and chose to bullrush the ABs. No effective backline play just boss boss boss. The ABs absorbed it all, took the injuries and remained true to what they are as a team. The boks may think they were robbed but they desserted all progress they had made to date.  Du plessis is one awesome player and the aggression got the better of him. His actions caused a bad decision to be made when stopping DC rather than crushing him would have been just as effective,

Yes a top 100 hits biltong but really? Is that the aim of this game? To smash our little prima donna off the park.? Can the boks not bring more to the table than bash?

Frankly the side lacked real skill, kicked poorly, dropped balls, missed tackles and generally did nothing positive other than bash. We now have several players out injured because we couldnt handle the physicality of the bok onslaught. Thats fine, thats rugby, and we move on. But we get the win, one we woud have got anyway.

Lets hope the boks bring more to the table than bash in SA, because though they mght take out a few more of our players in their quest, they wont win the rugby.

Nonu: late shoulder charge; Tony Woodcock trying to do his best Richard Loe impression after NZ try, Lambie taken out in the air (on his way to scoring a try) Dan Carter is legally tackled the AB's climb in for a full handbags session; Jean De Villiers is illegally tackled and it's all smiles and hand-shakes: The All Blacks also reverted to type....However, I agree that, when under pressure of being down a man, the Boks did regress a bit in skill and concentration: hopefully they'll work on this. But I don't know what is wrong with the Springbok 'type'...

Mr Fishpaste

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 15 Sep 2013, 1:35 pm

I didn't see the first card but the second was definitely deserved and could have been either colour. There was no attempt to hand off it was a raised elbow to the opposing players face. The fact he hit the throat and didn't cause any serious damage is luck.

Had the Boks played some rugby rather than booting the ball away they could have actually won that game even with the yellows.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 15 Sep 2013, 2:11 pm

Sam, you don't beat the All Blacks that is on one of their best runs, with 14 men, that is simply wishfull thinking.

They reverted to type, yeah, with one man short they had no option but to play for territory to limit the damage.

this RC is now a forgone conclusion, that's fine, I have lost respect for this game.

Let the boks now play their Type, and stuff their opponents, after all, that is all we are known for, isn't it?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sun 15 Sep 2013, 2:54 pm

The game was ruined as a contest because of the cards 14 v 15 is seldom going to mean a win for the former.As to the arguments about the cynical gamesmanship and physicality of
BOTH SIDES.Its a MAN`s game I expect no less from these two teams and the rights and wrongs over the years between these two sides goes back nearly a century.
Under the new ruling at Scrum time effectively the team feeding has 7 men versus 8
the second shove means problems for 8 and 9 of all sides.The Bok Scrum is probably the
heaviest in current Test Rugby when they get a second shove on the other side is in trouble.
That doesn't mean there THE Best Scrum in Rugby on the second shove they are just as
vulnerable.This will be sorted as Coaches work it out 9`s will have to feed quicker and clear
quicker.
When teams play at the intensity of yesterday given the bulk of modern players and the
tendency to go High league style with the tackle.Collissions,injuries etc. are to be expected.
Both sides have a lot of positives going for them now Boks have successfully replaced many
high profile players.Franny Steyn.Schalk Burger to name just two will be back to add depth
they are now adding a second dimension to there game.
The All Blacks have found players at wing,full back,lock,flank,scrum half,fly half for those
like Gear,Muliana,Thorn,Williams,Kelleher,and perhaps even Carter and McCaw.
A break Taylor,Barrett,Crudon and McCaw,options for the return match,Nonu [France bound]
Carter,Conrad Smith sabbaticals next year.
SBW probably back at 12 next year,Ben Smith 13?maybe at last we will see Perenara given a run at 9.Luke Romano back to partner Whitelock [currently World Number one?]Kaino maybe
back in the mix,Kahui maybetoo?Cory jane fit again.The ITM sides providing a stream of
talented options coming thru.
Stuff the 4Ns,RWC,and themoney grabbing new Tournaments to replace the Heine ken or
Super Rugby.One match at a time finally a prediction Boks in in Joburg.,4Ns on points difference and IRB number one spot.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 15 Sep 2013, 6:32 pm

Mr Fishpaste wrote:

Nonu: late shoulder charge; Tony Woodcock trying to do his best Richard Loe impression after NZ try, Lambie taken out in the air (on his way to scoring a try) Dan Carter is legally tackled the AB's climb in for a full handbags session; Jean De Villiers is illegally tackled and it's all smiles and hand-shakes: The All Blacks also reverted to type....However, I agree that, when under pressure of being down a man, the Boks did regress a bit in skill and concentration: hopefully they'll work on this. But I don't know what is wrong with the Springbok 'type'...
yes and you have to go back 20 years to find all that. Amongst which the ABs also managed to play some decent rugby in amongst all that. My point is the balance of rugby versus the aggression of it. With SA theres far more bash than quality rugby being played, and they lose many matches because of it. For all the big hits they did little else, made far too many mistakes yet all anyone choose to talk about is poor Du Plssis getting the card.
What happened to Le Roux, Habana, Pienaar, Steyn, Kirschner, Du Plessis no.2. All had largely forgettable games.
Well, thats rugby too, and if they do the same in Ellis park then theyll get the same, because class generally comes through.

The boks let themselves down by not keeping up the standards they set in previous weeks. They took an approach that the ABs were not going to beat them no matter what rather than building on their own progress, 'type' being playing negatively, not using the open spaces, applying contact rather than finding gaps.

Comments hhere that this is a mans game. Yes it is, but not a dumb mans game, and across the park, SA played dumb rugby.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 15 Sep 2013, 6:34 pm

Taylorman wrote:
Mr Fishpaste wrote:

yes and you have to go back a few years to find all that. Amongst which the ABs also managed to play some decent rugby in amongst all that. My point is the balance of rugby versus the aggression of it. With SA theres far more bash than quality rugby being played, and they lose many matches because of it. For all the big hits they did little else, made far too many mistakes yet all anyone choose to talk about is poor Du Plssis getting the card.
What happened to Le Roux, Habana, Pienaar, Steyn, Kirschner, Du Plessis no.2. All had largely forgettable games.
Well, thats rugby too, and if they do the same in Ellis park then theyll get the same, because class generally comes through.

The boks let themselves down by not keeping up the standards they set in previous weeks. They took an approach that the ABs were not going to beat them no matter what rather than building on their own progress, 'type' being playing negatively, not using the open spaces, applying contact rather than finding gaps. Down to 14 doesnt explain all that as they did nobetter in theirst half.

Comments here that this is a mans game. Yes it is, but not a dumb mans game, and across the park, SA played dumb rugby.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Sun 15 Sep 2013, 9:01 pm

I don't think he's a particularly good ref anyway.

emack - just borrowing your quote from way up in this thread. Now you SH people know what we have had to put up with north of the equator for too bleedin long. He is a useless ref full stop.

Jeebus after last Sat NZ v SA Poite should be dumped back to the 3rd A's reffing. God even our own useless George Clancy is better and that says somethin.

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by Exiledinborders Sun 15 Sep 2013, 9:56 pm

Since when is a forearm smash "handing off"?

Exiledinborders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2