The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was the best heel turn in WWE history......?

+17
greggschickenbake
sodhat
MetalMotty
Mr H
theundisputedY2D2
liverbnz
Scorch The Dragon
Kay Fabe
Ché Guerrero
Dr Gregory House MD
theanimal316
DJ Legless
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
legendkillar
ADMIN
Adam D
Brady12
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What was the best heel turn in WWE history......? - Page 2 Empty What was the best heel turn in WWE history......?

Post by Brady12 Thu 12 May 2011, 9:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

I think the greatest heel turn of all time occurred in WCW with Hogan's betrayal of WCW & formation of the nWo. But what was the greatest heel turn that ever took place on WWF/E soil?

Here's a few of my favourites.....

Andre turn's on Hogan 1987 - The Setting: Pipers Piper
One of the most emotionally charged moments in wrestling's history. The sight of Andre ripping off Hogan's crucifix was so shcking yet so believable. They established the character, his all wants, desires, & motivations for turning, and they managed to shock people and deliver a blockbuster main event to sell Wrestlemania III on

Michaels turn's on Janetty 1992 - The Setting: The Barber Shop
One of the greatest singles career in WWE is born as after weeks on teasing Michaels turns on tag team partner Janetty by shoving him through Brutus Beefcakes Barber Shop window then symbolically tears the WWF Magazine in half.

The Rock joins the Corporation 1998 - The Setting: Survivor Series
Vince McMahon screws 'The People' in one of the most creative finishes ever as fan favourite The Rock rein acts the Screwjob finish from Survivor Series 1997 be placing Mankind in the Sharpshooter to win his first WWF Championship. Who saw that one coming?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

What was the best heel turn in WWE history......? - Page 2 Empty Re: What was the best heel turn in WWE history......?

Post by Ché Guerrero Sat 14 May 2011, 8:47 pm

I think the whole NXT roster deserves a shout for the best heel turn in recent years.
It may not have panned out that well but the first night where they not only attacked the wrestlers but the announcers and ring personal.
Oh and dismantled the ring for good measure.

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

What was the best heel turn in WWE history......? - Page 2 Empty Re: What was the best heel turn in WWE history......?

Post by wwinterj Sat 14 May 2011, 10:39 pm

Hulk Hogan heel turn was big in it's time. Off the top of my head I'd have to go with that. Rolling Eyes
wwinterj
wwinterj

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyjboyd Sun 15 May 2011, 4:17 am

Is it just me, or was hogan's heel turn, partially ruined by Heenan's "who's side is he on" comments? I wasn't quite old enough to watch it live, but watching the segment, heenan's comments definitely take some of the shock and realism away from the moment.
On a side note, great work with the site and it's taken off spectacularly since I last stopped by for a browse!

dannyjboyd

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Sun 15 May 2011, 10:06 am

dannyjboyd wrote:Is it just me, or was hogan's heel turn, partially ruined by Heenan's "who's side is he on" comments? I wasn't quite old enough to watch it live, but watching the segment, heenan's comments definitely take some of the shock and realism away from the moment.
On a side note, great work with the site and it's taken off spectacularly since I last stopped by for a browse!

Yes, Heenan opened his big gob and rather ruined it. It could have been so much better if JR had been commentating a moment like that.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 16 May 2011, 10:41 am

dannyjboyd wrote:Is it just me, or was hogan's heel turn, partially ruined by Heenan's "who's side is he on" comments? I wasn't quite old enough to watch it live, but watching the segment, heenan's comments definitely take some of the shock and realism away from the moment.

Still enjoyed Dusty Rhodes part after it though; "WHADAREYOOOUTALKINABOUD?!" laughing

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Tue 17 May 2011, 8:52 am

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:

Still enjoyed Dusty Rhodes part after it though; "WHADAREYOOOUTALKINABOUD?!" laughing

Agree massive error by Heenan but Rhodes covered well! JR would of added to what was already a great segment if he'd of been in the box

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2