The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How does Mayweather sell his next fight?

+13
Lance
smashingstormcrow
YDKSAB
hazharrison
STC
Boxtthis
TopHat24/7
Lumbering_Jack
seanmichaels
mobilemaster8
OasisBFC
TRUSSMAN66
Seanusarrilius
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How does Mayweather sell his next fight? - Page 2 Empty How does Mayweather sell his next fight?

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 16 Sep 2013, 10:16 am

First topic message reminder :

don't see how he is going to make 1mill plus ppv buys in future fights. There is simply no competitive opponent for him, or anybody charismatic enough to carry a ppv. Danny Garcia's dad is the one most are saying would sell their fight, but he respects Floyd and would no doubt know deep down that his son was overmatched. Keith Thurman has a bit of a mouth, but zero fan base at this point and needs building.

Mayweather has no competition.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

How does Mayweather sell his next fight? - Page 2 Empty Re: How does Mayweather sell his next fight?

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 17 Sep 2013, 8:21 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Wasn't a pop at you Mate..........Just stating that most other fighters fight mandatories and handpick easy top 10ers when they aren't........

When this guy beats up Canelo, guerrero types they are - Urine weak, overrated non-entities etc....
Good stuff.

I agree, Mayweather is criticised for being far too good for his opponent. Silly. But who the heck are they going to put him in with next?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

How does Mayweather sell his next fight? - Page 2 Empty Re: How does Mayweather sell his next fight?

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 17 Sep 2013, 8:25 am

the same way he usually sells fights I imagine. Let's face it, Guerrero isn't exactly a huge sell and he had no trouble with that one. An ATG, best boxer on the planet right now by a distance, also a bit of a marmite figure, so people will either buy to see him put on another (likely) masterclass, or in the hope (much much less likely) that he gets pancaked.

The fact that his fights are (usually) "boring" for the more casual fans hasn't hindered him so far, can't see it hindering him in the future either.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 8:26 am

Mayweather should do what Creed did in Rocky and pick an unknown for the fight of his life. Couldn't be any more one sided that what we've seen against supposed genuine threats so why not?

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 17 Sep 2013, 8:30 am

DAVE667 wrote:Mayweather should do what Creed did in Rocky and pick an unknown for the fight of his life. Couldn't be any more one sided that what we've seen against supposed genuine threats so why not?
I reckon I could make 154 although I'm not sure I could resist stabbing Bieber in the eye (non homo) if I was within 10 yards of him.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 17 Sep 2013, 8:35 am

"Supposed threats"

and this guy is a David Haye fan.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue 17 Sep 2013, 8:36 am

Khan would sell well no doubt. If he gets past Alexander, its very likely.

Garcia deserves his crack at Floyd but I can see that fight being one of Floyd's lowest PPV sellers.

Paquaio would still sell despite his decline. Could it happen after all? Better late than never I suppose.

Martinez at MW would be big. However, many will just accuse Floyd of cherry picking. Martinez is old and looked poor in his last fight. Yeah, he may still be the man at MW but he rightfully should have lost that tag after the Murray fight.
Everyone knows Golovkin spanks Martinez now. However, he probably needs a few more fights to promote himself. Besides, would Floyd want to fight the Kazak? Seems very unlikely.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 17 Sep 2013, 8:38 am

Benson........Manny would sell but he's got Arum representing him......

and that means 50/50..........for a guy who's lost his last two fights

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 8:44 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:"Supposed threats"

and this guy is a David Haye fan.......
What's YOU'RE problem (apart from the obvious)? Mayweather has so completely nullified some of these guys who were supposed to represent "his biggest threat yet" that he may as well give Bradley Pryce a shot for all the good it will do. Not criticising Floyd (if that's what you think), I'm giving him credit for making it look easy.

Now go change that tampon before you suffer from toxic shock syndrome.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 17 Sep 2013, 8:51 am

They weren't supposed threats.........They were threats that were defused.......

Certainly trying harder with your abuse these days...More original than it's ever been..I 'll hand you that !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Tue 17 Sep 2013, 8:52 am

Mayweather would almost certainly beat Bradley, Rios, Pacquiao, Garcia and Alexander but they are all good fighters. The problem with the first 3 names is Arum. I think Alexander would be interesting its been a while since Floyd took on a slick, quick boxer he is nearly 37.

Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by YDKSAB Tue 17 Sep 2013, 8:56 am

People will ALWAYS pay to watch Money

YDKSAB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 9:03 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:They weren't supposed threats.........They were threats that were defused.......

Certainly trying harder with your abuse these days...More original than it's ever been..I 'll hand you that !!
Sorry chum(p) but anyone considering Victor Ortiz to be a genuine threat must be 'shrooming.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2