The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KO Artists Are Never Unbeatable

+7
Atila
John Bloody Wayne
88Chris05
Izzi
azania
YDKSAB
AlexHuckerby
11 posters

Go down

KO Artists Are Never Unbeatable Empty KO Artists Are Never Unbeatable

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 19:50

Obvious I know, but I'll take you back to a thread a long while ago when Matthysse was being paraded about as a fighter who was completely unbeatable in his weight division, fighters like that are ALWAYS beatable, right? Obviously Garcia did a pretty good job on him and suprised me with the fact that he was able to take a few of the punches he took, but essentially what I'm saying is fighters that are all power and little boxing skill will ALWAYS be found out. I'm not saying let's not get on the hype trains for guys like Maidana and Matthysse, but surely perspective is always key and when we remember that these guys are beatable due to generally slow footwork and poor defence, they are just too limited and run into someone who can expose there flaws. It annoys me.

Rant over.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

KO Artists Are Never Unbeatable Empty Re: KO Artists Are Never Unbeatable

Post by YDKSAB Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 19:51

Caps bro, dont do it. You been told.

YDKSAB

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 19:52

Posting bro, don't do it.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 19:53

AlexHuckerby wrote:Posting bro, don't do it.
Laugh  You just pwned him Whistle 

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 20:00

To be honest never quite seen the hype around LM, he lost decisions albeit contentious, to Alexander and Judah... If he was anything nearing the status you give him he wins these fights with ease.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 20:05

AlexHuckerby wrote:Obvious I know, but I'll take you back to a thread a long while ago when Matthysse was being paraded about as a fighter who was completely unbeatable in his weight division.
Not really Alex. Only Sean suggested that. Others simply stated that while he was beatable, they'd probably make him their pre-fight pick against the other 140 pounders. Not the same thing. Appreciate that those who didn't agree that Matthysse was the pick of the Light-Welters will feel vindicated now, and I don't blame them at all, but I think we shouldn't be going too overboard!

Anyway, I agree with the general idea of the article, that gun slinging fighters eventually either bump in to someone that little bit harder and heavier handed than them, or they get made to look clueless when someone shows them movement and angles. But 'exposed' would be a strong word to use in the case of Matthysse-Garcia, for me. Garcia won a good, competitive fight. He didn't make a mockery of Matthysse or anything of the sort. A clear enough winner, but not a runaway one. If a rematch ever takes place then Garcia will likely start as the favourite, but Matthysse turning things round wouldn't be a cataclysmic shock.

Matthysse did, after all, outbox Alexander for the most part at the end of the day, rather than just overpower him. Matthysse's not the most cultured, classy fighter going, and everyone freely acknowledged that before this weekend just gone, but nor his he Jeff Lacy, Michael Grant or Breidis Prescott.

88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 21:37

KO artist's are never unbeatable, and neither are they beaten until the fight is over.

Also, nobody said he was unbeatable although I'll put my hand up and say I had no idea Garcia would be the fella to do it.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 21:48

Rocky Marciano KO'd plenty of fighters and he was unbeatable.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 21:52

Every fighter is beatable which makes me think that the article is a strange one.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 21:56

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Every fighter is beatable which makes me think that the article is a strange one.........
I didn't want to point out the obvious...

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 18 Sep 2013 - 7:20

Tony Bellew reckons he'd take Kovalev and that the Russian isn't all that. He told me that a good game plan that avoids being clubbed early on is all that is needed and the first good fighter Kovalev gets in with will find him out.

He said Cleverly's game plan of sticking his tongue out and walking in hands down was never going to work. I put to him the Tyson quote "Everybody has a game plan until they get punched in the face" but he said anybody who thinks a game plan is not a very big part of winning a fight doesn't know much about boxing.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 18 Sep 2013 - 7:25

Apart from Mayweather Truss......

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Sep 2013 - 8:14

I guess, to some extent, that is what makes knockout artists so exciting to watch.  Look at Benn vs Logan for example.  It could quite have easily gone the other way but Benn's power saved the day for him.  Froch is another fighter who could do with a better defence, but would that make him as exciting to watch?  Hatton had decent knockout power, but his head movement was much better earlier in his career.  Perhaps his confidence in his power ultimately made him neglect other aspects of his game.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 18 Sep 2013 - 9:24

mobilemaster8 wrote:Apart from Mayweather Truss......
Don't see him finishing his six fight deal unbeaten Mate.......Guy is 37.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 18 Sep 2013 - 10:05

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
mobilemaster8 wrote:Apart from Mayweather Truss......
Don't see him finishing his six fight deal unbeaten Mate.......Guy is 37.

There isn't a surer bet out there thay Mayweather wins all his fights. If he loses one the games up. Opponents will be chosen accordingly.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 18 Sep 2013 - 10:11

Who would you suggest he fights...........Canelo and Guerrera for all their faults were in a p4p top 10.......

Wlad, Ward, Haye ???..........Why don't you shut up.......

Name me another boxer who fights p4pers as often........Ricky Burns?? Golovkin??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down