The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If the Heinekin Cup ends should the English/French club players be ineligable for International rugby?

+26
WELL-PAST-IT
rainbow-warrior
doctor_grey
Knowsit17
lostinwales
mystiroakey
emack2
HammerofThunor
Casartelli
Scrumpy
Cyril
Mad for Chelsea
Exiledinborders
No9
Notch
Bathman_in_London
ScarletSpiderman
fa0019
bedfordwelsh
GunsGerms
LondonTiger
No 7&1/2
Geordie
maestegmafia
Metal Tiger
blackcanelion
30 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Should the world cup be moved from England if the Englisg/French clubs split?

If the Heinekin Cup ends should the English/French club players be ineligable for International rugby? - Page 6 Vote_lcap44%If the Heinekin Cup ends should the English/French club players be ineligable for International rugby? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 18 ]
If the Heinekin Cup ends should the English/French club players be ineligable for International rugby? - Page 6 Vote_lcap54%If the Heinekin Cup ends should the English/French club players be ineligable for International rugby? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 22 ]
If the Heinekin Cup ends should the English/French club players be ineligable for International rugby? - Page 6 Vote_lcap2%If the Heinekin Cup ends should the English/French club players be ineligable for International rugby? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 41

If the Heinekin Cup ends should the English/French club players be ineligable for International rugby? - Page 6 Empty If the Heinekin Cup ends should the English/French club players be ineligable for International rugby?

Post by blackcanelion Fri 20 Sep 2013, 2:17 am

First topic message reminder :

Here's the deal. French and English clubs have a new television deal, with lots of cash. It allows them to separate from the existing tournament when it ends early next year. However, multinational rugby tournaments are governed by the IRB and the nations involved are less than supportive of the clubs moves. If the English/French clubs thumb their collective noses at the IRB one option is to remove the rights of players, playing for those clubs, to be involved in 6 nations and world cup.

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

If the Heinekin Cup ends should the English/French club players be ineligable for International rugby? - Page 6 Empty Re: If the Heinekin Cup ends should the English/French club players be ineligable for International rugby?

Post by GunsGerms Thu 10 Oct 2013, 11:55 am

mystiroakey wrote:surely the only success we should ever attribute to a sport is more players playing - the better!

Nothing else matters really (And  it certainly doesn't matter what nation they are from)

sadly your love for rugby is confined to you love for your teams and only your teams!
Please stop categorising me based on what you imagine me to believe. You have no clue what I love or not.

I do not agree that playing numbers equates to sucess. Why should it? Thats a very corporate philosophy. I think it is much more important to maintain a philosophy that sport should be all inclusive and invite anyone to play.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

If the Heinekin Cup ends should the English/French club players be ineligable for International rugby? - Page 6 Empty Re: If the Heinekin Cup ends should the English/French club players be ineligable for International rugby?

Post by mystiroakey Thu 10 Oct 2013, 11:58 am

"I do not agree that playing numbers equates to sucess. Why should it? Thats a very corporate philosophy"

You really surprised me with that comment. I am shocked as to how back to front you have got this tbh!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 10 Oct 2013, 12:00 pm

"I think it is much more important to maintain a philosophy that sport should be all inclusive and invite anyone to play."

which is 100% footballs philosophy and 100% not rugby's

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 10 Oct 2013, 12:00 pm

Ok. Lunch time. Dont take things so personally Mystiroakey. Its just a forum. Will cross paths again.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 10 Oct 2013, 12:09 pm

I think i have o give this place a break , It's too heated at the moment.

Yes they will cross again no doubts.thumbsup

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6