The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Will Have The Most Excuses After Their Loss on the 28th?

+7
Valero's Conscience
bhb001
kingraf
Seanusarrilius
hogey
TRUSSMAN66
Mr Bounce
11 posters

Go down

Who Will Have The Most Excuses After Their Loss on the 28th? Empty Who Will Have The Most Excuses After Their Loss on the 28th?

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 20 Sep 2013, 1:07 pm

Fury vs Haye certainly has most of talking; whether you like either of them or not, this fight practically sells itself. Both are hugely marketable and outspoken. They know how to use the hype train to their advantages.

Barring a draw (which most say is unlikely), one of these guys is going to lose. And this brings me on to thinking "What happens afterwards?". Fury seems to treat his career like it's a bit of fun, always laughing & joking and douing unpredictable things. That said I believe he is really proud and protective of his "0" and may be devastated if he loses as it will put him back a fair few places in Wlad's queue. I think it's likely that should Fury lose, he will be humble and say he didn't work hard enough/didn't defend as he should/got caught up in a tear-up etc. He might even shed a tear or two.

Haye is a different matter. We all know about "Toe-gate" and that he hasn't shown much in the way of remorse for it either. He's a good, but not top class fighter, and he knows that Fury is a "Must-win" fight for him to further his career and get a second Klitschko shot. If he loses he will only have himself to blame, which in my book, he won't. Will he have learned from the public reaction to his previous excuses? I doubt it & think there will be excuse after excuse. Maybe his toe won't have healed enough? Maybe it happened again? Maybe he broke his Hayemaker hand?

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Who Will Have The Most Excuses After Their Loss on the 28th? Empty Re: Who Will Have The Most Excuses After Their Loss on the 28th?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 1:09 pm

Guess we'll have to see what they say and if they have a case........

Haye will be ring rusty..

Fury will be green...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Who Will Have The Most Excuses After Their Loss on the 28th? Empty Re: Who Will Have The Most Excuses After Their Loss on the 28th?

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 1:16 pm

Got to be Haye really hasn't it. If Fury loses and comes out with anything along the lines of what you said then it'll probably be half true, Haye on the other hand will have no excuses. He doesn't rate Fury, his training camp has been great, with better sparring partners than Fury and expects to ko him quick. Its gonna be public humiliation if he loses, Fury can decide to take things seriously and make a come back.

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 20 Sep 2013, 1:17 pm

I think people are gonna be shocked at how unfazed Fury will be after Haye blasts him out in a couple of rounds, i doubt he will bother with many excuses as i doubt he really expects to win. For me Fury has already won in a way, as his victory was when he managed to get to the huge payday of a fight with Haye with so little talent.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 20 Sep 2013, 1:18 pm

I think Haye will have sparred himself senseless to ensure he isn't too ring rusty.

It will be interesting to see what Fury says.
Groves and Fury will both say the following IMO:

'This is boxing and I got caught.'

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 20 Sep 2013, 1:20 pm

I expect Fury to say - I got caught... Repeatedly... to the head... For four rounds.... Could totally win a rematch
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 1:35 pm

One thing is true, this is a must win match for Haye. Fury can come back another day. Go back to fighting the best in Britain and Europe. Haye would have to retire and likely to stay retired.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 20 Sep 2013, 1:45 pm

I think Fury will. Haye is at the end of his career and should be happy with another big payday, whilst Fury is young and only starting his career at the high level so will want to get his excuses in.

As long as Fury doesn't sing after i'll be happy!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 1:49 pm

So long as fury doesn't win ill be happy.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 20 Sep 2013, 2:10 pm

To be fair to Fury, he's usually pretty honest, self-deprecating even.

I caught sight of some footage of Haye sparring last night -- the man looks in awesome shape. Really quick and he wasn't running about, he was launching speedy, explosive attacks.

I think he gets Fury out early.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 2:24 pm

hazharrison wrote:To be fair to Fury, he's usually pretty honest, self-deprecating even.

I caught sight of some footage of Haye sparring last night -- the man looks in awesome shape. Really quick and he wasn't running about, he was launching speedy, explosive attacks.

I think he gets Fury out early.
Ah but you forget that Fury will be intimidated by Haye's size (despite Haye not appearing to be fazed by his equally big and arguably better sparring partners)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 2:50 pm

Haye If he loses.."What do I care what anybody thinks I've made over £25 million and been a two weight world champ"........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 2:54 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Haye If he loses.."What do I care what anybody thinks I've made over £25 million and been a two weight world champ"........
and therein lies the source of your bitterness......

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 2:59 pm

Think if Haye looses the excuses will come pouring in but if Fury loses he might be a bit more matter of fact about things. In a kind of, 'dust yourself off and try again', kind of way.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:01 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Haye If he loses.."What do I care what anybody thinks I've made over £25 million and been a two weight world champ"........
I don't dislike Haye...............Think he bottled it against Wlad and getting his toe out was really classless.......

For some reason you don't agree..........Good luck to anyone who makes a  lot of money......Shame he couldn't have given some to the people that went to Germany to support him..

Maybe you'd feel different about him..If you did.. not knowing he was "Injured"

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:03 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
like a financial version of small willy syndrome.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:09 pm

Mine is a financial version..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:10 pm

...and your father-in-law had to help you enhance that as it is!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:17 pm

Haye used Harrison, Ruiz and Chisora to enhance his and took the money and ran against Wlad..........

Thought you'd be happy for me to let my Father-in-law inflate mine..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:20 pm

If you want you father-in-law to give you a financial hand job that's your business.....Classless weakling that you are!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:22 pm

Certainly get owned by weaklings a lot of 606 is anything to go by Sonny..

"Who did Oscar beat?"......Cool .."Manny isn't great" Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:35 pm

Oscar...hmmm, "names" like Chavez and Whittaker...at the tail end of their careers and contentious decision to boot in one of 'em. Oh and Oscar is another one who is roundly marked down due to his losses in his big fights but again, to suit your argument he's suddenly become great.

Manny...beat greats like David Diaz and Margarito and oh a faded and skeletal Oscar

Good fighter but an ALL TIME GREAT? Not for me...but that's just my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:37 pm

Most of the excuses will probably be coming from Sky and Hearn

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:40 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Oscar...hmmm, "names" like Chavez and Whittaker...at the tail end of their careers and contentious decision to boot in one of 'em. Oh and Oscar is another one who is roundly marked down due to his losses in his big fights but again, to suit your argument he's suddenly become great.

Manny...beat greats like David Diaz and Margarito and oh a faded and skeletal Oscar

and you're welcome to it.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:41 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Oscar...hmmm, "names" like Chavez and Whittaker...at the tail end of their careers and contentious decision to boot in one of 'em. Oh and Oscar is another one who is roundly marked down due to his losses in his big fights but again, to suit your argument he's suddenly become great.

and you're welcome to it.........
Cheers hon!

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 21 Sep 2013, 7:09 pm

Who ever loses now you can expect excuses galore.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down