The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do We Have A Moral Obligation As To Who We Buy Our TV Sports Package From?

+9
Rowley
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
TopHat24/7
horizontalhero
bhb001
seanmichaels
Lumbering_Jack
STC
Strongback
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do We Have A Moral Obligation As To Who We Buy Our TV Sports Package From? - Page 2 Empty Do We Have A Moral Obligation As To Who We Buy Our TV Sports Package From?

Post by Strongback Mon 23 Sep 2013, 11:17 am

First topic message reminder :

I have been thinking about this for quite a while.  Should there be a place for morals in our decision making when it comes to who we give our TV money to.

If we look at boxing in this part of the world there are two TV companies: Sky and Box Nation.

Now, there are few of us that are keen on Boxing Promoters but if we take a step back further and look at the morals of the people we give money to should we be a bit more discerning?

What I am getting at is firstly who are the promoters most likely to give us a bang for our buck but also which TV broadcaster most aligns with our moral values.

When I was a kid if I walked into the house with a copy of the Sun I would have been beaten around the head with it.  Maybe that effected my sensibilities but to this day I do not like tabloid propaganda as dished out by the likes of Sky and the extended Murdock media network.  I just don't want to give that man my money.  

Should morals play a part in deciding how we watch sport,  in general and in our chosen sport boxing?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Do We Have A Moral Obligation As To Who We Buy Our TV Sports Package From? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do We Have A Moral Obligation As To Who We Buy Our TV Sports Package From?

Post by Scottrf Mon 23 Sep 2013, 4:35 pm

JSA in Uni? I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to do that...

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Do We Have A Moral Obligation As To Who We Buy Our TV Sports Package From? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do We Have A Moral Obligation As To Who We Buy Our TV Sports Package From?

Post by Steffan Mon 23 Sep 2013, 4:37 pm

Scottrf wrote:JSA in Uni? I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to do that...
Im not on JSA. Dont need to be. Funnily enough my nice big non-repayable grant came through at midnight today. Do I get PS4 or Xbox One though that is the question...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 23 Sep 2013, 4:41 pm

WAR FROCK
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Mon 23 Sep 2013, 4:52 pm

Steffan wrote:
Scottrf wrote:JSA in Uni? I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to do that...
Im not on JSA. Dont need to be. Funnily enough my nice big non-repayable grant came through at midnight today. Do I get PS4 or Xbox One though that is the question...
You'll pay for it taxes you numpty......and the PS4 surely?

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 23 Sep 2013, 5:20 pm

Small Time wrote:You'll pay for it taxes you numpty......and the PS4 surely?
Im not actually palnning on getting a job though when I graduate. Yeah PS4 all the way. I quite fancy one of those VITAs as well mind

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Tue 24 Sep 2013, 11:40 am

Ah never been into the hand held...Do you know if they are relising GTA V on the PS4? I've had YLOD (yellow light of doom) on my PS3 for a couple of months and I don't really want to spend 75 quid getting it fixed if the 4 is having GTAv and the next Uncharted.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Sep 2013, 12:36 pm

Rowley wrote:
Strongback wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Does make me wonder though Strongy if you refuse to line Murdoch's pockets one has to assume you do not have Sky, however your posts on here suggest you see pretty much every fight shown on it. Struggling to see how someone with such a strong sense of morality and right and wrong could achieve this.
I see the fights in a way he wouldn't like.
So you won't buy any of his channels on moral grounds but have no problem with stealing them. You are truly the Naomi Klein of this board.
Nowt wrong with stealing from big business especially if its owned by Murdoch. Anyway back to the OP, difficult to have a moral obligation on this one so I'd say its personal choice, but if I'm pushed I'd probably prefer to line Warrens pockets. I don't have sky or any of the other subscription digital set ups so I am unable to buy either but when I return to the UK I will purchase box nation and watch it online. I have no interest in sky tv or sports packages so box nation will suit my needs. Also it appears to offer more & better coverage of non UK fights than sky. I'm not to savvy on free/illegal feeds so at the moment I try to avoid the result & catch up the next day.

Back to top Go down

Post by jack-rabbitpunch Tue 24 Sep 2013, 1:22 pm

Scottrf wrote:Typical Welshman.
WHHOOOOOOAAAAAAA there!!!

jack-rabbitpunch

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Tue 24 Sep 2013, 2:43 pm

A snowball shared is a snowball halved.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 24 Sep 2013, 2:48 pm

A snowball in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Tue 24 Sep 2013, 2:49 pm

All that glitters is not a snowball.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 24 Sep 2013, 3:07 pm

Don't put all you snowballs in the one basket.

Ps I'd like to play but am up to my gonads this afternoon.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Tue 24 Sep 2013, 3:24 pm

Strongback wrote:Don't put all you snowballs in the one basket.

Ps I'd like to play but am up to my gonads this afternoon.
Not in snowballs, I hope.

All's fair in love and snowball fights.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 24 Sep 2013, 3:25 pm

Strongback wrote:Ps I'd like to play but am up to my gonads this afternoon.
Snowed under?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2