The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manny news

+35
sherm
ONETWOFOREVER
azumah HOF
eddyfightfan
Valero's Conscience
superflyweight
bhb001
oxring
manos de piedra
Olefaithful
Cotto89
Day V Lately
kevchadders
bellchees
The Galveston Giant
Peacehavenboy
Davie
Lumbering_Jack
huw
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
talkingpickle
Mind the windows Tino.
Boxtthis
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Adam D
coxy0001
Scottrf
Imperial Ghosty
azania
BALTIMORA
HumanWindmill
TRUSSMAN66
Rowley
D4thincarnation
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
39 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Manny news - Page 9 Empty Manny news

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 14 May - 4:54

First topic message reminder :

Same as the Floyd thread any Manny news put on this thread to stop the board being cluttered.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Manny news - Page 9 Empty Re: Manny news

Post by Cotto89 Fri 20 May - 2:09

I think the problem with Manny is that he's not in competitive fights any more (personally I think this is because he fights people past their best and with weight stips etc)

Another problem is that the casual fans don't know anything about these stipulations, or anything about how little titles mean etc. They just hear 8 weight champion and watch Manny beat up on a skeleton and think he looks amazing Sad

Cotto89

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 20 May - 2:10

coxy0001 wrote:But D4, if they're the same size why did Marquez have to bulk up to 142lbs and look dreadful in doing so?!?!

This is a really simple question:

Why didn't he weigh 135 then simply rehydrate to 145 as normal and be the same size as when he weighed 142 on the scales then go to 145 from there?

And you're so insistent on ring weights that we'll go on his average being 145.

I can't make it any simpler buddy. Saying that a special child has more hope of understanding.

He has grown since then.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 20 May - 2:13

D4thincarnation wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:But D4, if they're the same size why did Marquez have to bulk up to 142lbs and look dreadful in doing so?!?!

This is a really simple question:

Why didn't he weigh 135 then simply rehydrate to 145 as normal and be the same size as when he weighed 142 on the scales then go to 145 from there?

And you're so insistent on ring weights that we'll go on his average being 145.

I can't make it any simpler buddy. Saying that a special child has more hope of understanding.

He has grown since then.

Yet again you JUST MAKE STUFF UP!!!!!! PROOF?!?!??!!?!!?!!?!?!?!?!??!!!?!?!?!?!?!

Christ alive mods, how much more bull**** does he have to trot out?

Should be a house rule along the lines of: "Members aren't allowed to bull**** their way through arguements, they must speak in facts or if making an opinion at least provide a source to help back up your arguements"

Which would render 95% of your points in breach of house rules.

Someone give me strength.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 20 May - 2:17

TBF, he has no proof that Marquez has grown since then, but you have also claimed Marquez was 145 in the ring against Mayweather (no proof), and the same with Mayweather being 150 in ring vs De La Hoya from Atom (no proof). Marquez said he felt Mayweather outweighed him by about 15 pounds.

It's a repetitive argument and isn't really discussion about the fight.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotto89 Fri 20 May - 2:18

'He has grown since then'.......love it Very Happy

Cotto89

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 20 May - 2:21

Scott

I've got more proof based on how Marquez has never weighed above 145lbs in the ring at any point in his career. And bearing in mind it's never looked like he would go higher than lightweight i think it's a very, very reasoned arguement to make - certainly holds more water than "He has grown since then"

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 20 May - 2:21

Coxy you always have the option of ignoring him. I am finding it is working quite well for me. Will debate the subject but if I find people resort into spouting nonsense will make my excuses and leave. Seems preferable to giving yourself an ulcer.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 20 May - 2:22

coxy0001 wrote:Scott

I've got more proof based on how Marquez has never weighed above 145lbs in the ring at any point in his career. And bearing in mind it's never looked like he would go higher than lightweight i think it's a very, very reasoned arguement to make - certainly holds more water than "He has grown since then"
You don't know he never has - he didn't have his ring weight taken that night. It's a reasonable assumption that if he put on muscle he would weight more, unless he went into the ring dehydrated or starved, which wouldn't be a great tactic.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 20 May - 2:23

His natural size has grown, when he fought Mayweather is wasn't long before he was a superfeather.

It was clear in that fight he was carrying a lot fat.

Against Katsidis he was about the same weight but looked cut an trim.

So it is clear he has grown and his natural weight is now higher.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 20 May - 2:24

rowley wrote:Coxy you always have the option of ignoring him. I am finding it is working quite well for me. Will debate the subject but if I find people resort into spouting nonsense will make my excuses and leave. Seems preferable to giving yourself an ulcer.

You don't want one of those, not so long ago it was the biggest killer of young men in the world.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 20 May - 2:27

D4thincarnation wrote:
rowley wrote:Coxy you always have the option of ignoring him. I am finding it is working quite well for me. Will debate the subject but if I find people resort into spouting nonsense will make my excuses and leave. Seems preferable to giving yourself an ulcer.

You don't want one of those, not so long ago it was the biggest killer of young men in the world.

Exactly apparently there are parts of Africa ravaged by the Ebola virus, famine and HIV where the only crumb of comfort they cling to is that stomach ulcers are not particular prevalent there.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 20 May - 2:30

rowley wrote:

Exactly apparently there are parts of Africa ravaged by the Ebola virus, famine and HIV

You never learn do you, jeff ?

Manny's photo was placed on billboards throughout Africa and these diseases are no more. Do keep up, man.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 20 May - 2:32

HumanWindmill wrote:
rowley wrote:

Exactly apparently there are parts of Africa ravaged by the Ebola virus, famine and HIV

You never learn do you, jeff ?

Manny's photo was placed on billboards throughout Africa and these diseases are no more. Do keep up, man.

To be honest Windy am not sure the diseases have gone, think the people there realised Manny had to contend with the school run on top of everything else and just chose to ignore the diseases

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 20 May - 2:33

rowley wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Exactly apparently there are parts of Africa ravaged by the Ebola virus, famine and HIV where the only crumb of comfort they cling to is that stomach ulcers are not particular prevalent there.

That, and the fact that they've yet to suffer one of his arguments.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 20 May - 2:35

rowley wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Stomach ulcers killed everywhere, and struck indiscriminately, killing the very rich and the very poor and would kill fit and seemingly healthy young men.

HIV doesn't kill people also.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 20 May - 2:36

D4thincarnation wrote:His natural size has grown, when he fought Mayweather is wasn't long before he was a superfeather.

You seem unable to answer why Marquez didn't simply weigh 135 and then hydrate from there rather than BULK HIMSELF UP to 142 and then weigh roughly the same in the ring.

And Scott/D4 - Pacquiao weighs the same now in the ring as he did when fighting @ SFW - Which incarnation of him is bigger - the 130lb version or the 144lb version? Game, set, match - thanks for coming guys. It's been fun.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 20 May - 2:40

coxy0001 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:His natural size has grown, when he fought Mayweather is wasn't long before he was a superfeather.

You seem unable to answer why Marquez didn't simply weigh 135 and then hydrate from there rather than BULK HIMSELF UP to 142 and then weigh roughly the same in the ring.

And Scott/D4 - Pacquiao weighs the same now in the ring as he did when fighting @ SFW - Which incarnation of him is bigger - the 130lb version or the 144lb version? Game, set, match - thanks for coming guys. It's been fun.

Pacquiao ring weight is not the same it has gone up 3-4 lbs since his supefeather weight days.

Would you agree Marquez was more cut when he fought Katsidis than when he fought Mayweather.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 20 May - 2:45

D4thincarnation wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:

Pacquiao ring weight is not the same it has gone up 3-4 lbs since his supefeather weight days.

Would you agree Marquez was more cut when he fought Katsidis than when he fought Mayweather.

Hang on, one minute you claim a few lbs is nothing between JMM & Manny now it makes the world of difference?

Face facts. He's the same ring weight but his body physique is much much bigger, much stronger and much more powerful!!!!

Game, set, match.. coxy0001

Me: "I'd like to thank my familyu for always believing in me. But most of all i think my coach is a numpti and the real reason i won wasn't because of god it was the soothing b.j. my hot lass gave me last night"

Thanks for coming D4, try not to fall down the steps on your way out!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 20 May - 2:46

D4thincarnation wrote:
rowley wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Stomach ulcers killed everywhere, and struck indiscriminately, killing the very rich and the very poor and would kill fit and seemingly healthy young men.

When was the last time anyone contracted a stomach ulcer from a blood transfusion, or a sexual act, or even from a dirty needle? I know needles aren't your strong point, but still...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 20 May - 2:49

145 and 148 are not the same.

Pacquiao has put on more muscle.

So has Marquez.

But we don't have division for the amount of muscle a fight has, boxing is done on weight.

And Marquez and Pacquiao will be at most 2lbs apart when the fight on November 12th

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 20 May - 2:52

BALTIMORA wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
rowley wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

When was the last time anyone contracted a stomach ulcer from a blood transfusion, or a sexual act, or even from a dirty needle? I know needles aren't your strong point, but still...

It was an bacterial infection that caused the ulcers. If left untreated it could burst and the person would bleed out and die.

I don't why so many people disagreed with me on this, facts are facts.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 20 May - 2:52

D4thincarnation wrote:145 and 148 are not the same.

So has Marquez.

But we don't have division for the amount of muscle a fight has, boxing is done on weight.

And Marquez and Pacquiao will be at most 2lbs apart when the fight on November 12th

You're a complete joke

You can't answer the question can you/!?!!??!?!??!?!?

Manny @ 130 and rising to 145
Manny @ 145 and rising to 148

Who is the bigger, stronger, harder punching fighter??!??!??!!!?!?!?!?!

Christ man, just admit you're wrong!!!!!!!!!!! You're making yourself look a complete clown!

And you say in the same ruddy post:

"145 and 148 are not the same"

then

"And Marquez and Pacquiao will be at most 2lbs apart"

You can't one minute say "not the same weight" then all of a few lines later say "pretty much the same weight"....

SOMEONE GIVE ME STRENGTH!!!!!!! MODS - HELP ME!!!!!!

ARGHJGHGHGGHHGHGHGGGGHHGHHGHGHGHGHGHGHGGGGHGH

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 20 May - 2:52

D4thincarnation wrote:And Marquez and Pacquiao will be at most 2lbs apart when the fight on November 12th

Best to wait and see I would have thought, Nostradamus.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 20 May - 2:55

Thank god it's home time

I really do wonder about you D4....

"Not the same weight"

"Same weight pretty much"

Dear god i need a beer

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 20 May - 2:55

coxy0001 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:145 and 148 are not the same.

So has Marquez.

You're a complete joke

You can't answer the question can you/!?!!??!?!??!?!?

Manny @ 130 and rising to 145
Manny @ 145 and rising to 148

Who is the bigger, stronger, harder punching fighter??!??!??!!!?!?!?!?!

Christ man, just admit you're wrong!!!!!!!!!!! You're making yourself look a complete clown!

And you say in the same ruddy post:

"145 and 148 are not the same"

then

"And Marquez and Pacquiao will be at most 2lbs apart"

You can't one minute say "not the same weight" then all of a few lines later say "pretty much the same weight"....

SOMEONE GIVE ME STRENGTH!!!!!!! MODS - HELP ME!!!!!!

ARGHJGHGHGGHHGHGHGGGGHHGHHGHGHGHGHGHGHGGGGHGH

2-3lbs may not be the same but it not significant either.

What am I wrong about?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 20 May - 2:56

Out of interest, has Pacquiao signed, yet ?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 20 May - 2:57

2-3lbs may not be the same but it not significant either.

If it is not significant why did Manny and his team insist on Cotto cutting it when they fought?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 20 May - 2:58

coxy0001 wrote:Thank god it's home time

I really do wonder about you D4....

"Not the same weight"

"Same weight pretty much"

Dear god i need a beer

Yes 145 and 148lbs are not the same.

But I expect Marquez to be slighty heavier when he fights Pacquiao not having to cut to 135lbs.

There might well be a couple lbs difference but that not going to be significant.

Any I thought you said size doesn't matter?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 20 May - 2:59

HumanWindmill wrote:Out of interest, has Pacquiao signed, yet ?

Not as yet.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 20 May - 2:59

rowley wrote:2-3lbs may not be the same but it not significant either.

If it is not significant why did Manny and his team insist on Cotto cutting it when they fought?

Everyone rip him to shreds

I'm going for a beer

Until you answer the question below i'm going to rename you "monkeytosstin"

Manny @ 130 rising to 145
Manny @ 145 rising to 148

- who is the bigger/stronger/harder punching fighter?

Good night all. Barring D4.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 20 May - 3:00

D4thincarnation wrote:

Not as yet.

Then this belongs in ' Manny news.'

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 20 May - 3:01

coxy0001 wrote:
rowley wrote:2-3lbs may not be the same but it not significant either.

Everyone rip him to shreds

I'm going for a beer

Until you answer the question below i'm going to rename you "monkeytosstin"

Manny @ 130 rising to 145
Manny @ 145 rising to 148

- who is the bigger/stronger/harder punching fighter?

Good night all. Barring D4.

Not night as yet coxy, enjoy your beer, but don't have too many.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 20 May - 3:03

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Not as yet.

He should sign by tonight or early morning, looking over the contract now

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 20 May - 3:06

Phillipines is 8 hours in front is more likely to be in bed, what with having the school run in the morning

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 20 May - 3:12

D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Not as yet.

When that happens, feel free to open a fresh thread. To be fair, ( and I'm NOT blaming anybody, specifically, ) it had gone off at a tangent, anyway, and was covering tired old ground.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Olefaithful Fri 20 May - 3:17

William Wallace was a ponce, he done nothing for the good of the Scots. He was just an embarrassment to his people.

Manny would of raped and pillaged Rob Roys family as well, such was his legend.

Olefaithful

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 20 May - 3:54

D4 - I am going to Manila in july on business, transpired yesterday (have been to Thailand and Vietnam before but missed the philipines, am looking forward to it). Are you Filipino and if so can you reccommend any good places (genuine question). Also - if I can track manny down and get his autograph what would you pay me for it?
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 20 May - 3:56

Also - if I can track manny down and get his autograph what would you pay me for it?

Don't know but I would seriously recommend getting it laminated before you hand it over to him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 20 May - 3:56

Olefaithful wrote:William Wallace was a ponce, he done nothing for the good of the Scots. He was just an embarrassment to his people.

Ha !

I believe that the Welsh feel the same, mate. Manny would have served them better than Owain Glyndŵr ever did.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 20 May - 4:10

D4thincarnation wrote:
The Mighty Atom wrote:You don't actually know that yet

Given their past ring weights and the weight they will be fighting at, it a pretty good estimate that Marquez will be around 146lbs and Pacquiao will be around 146lbs.

So judging by Mayweathers past ring weights it's a good estimate to assume he weighed around 148lbs for the Marquez fight then, he did after all only weigh 150lbs in ring against De La Hoya at the full light middleweight limit. Having read through your posts on here it's clear you dismiss Coxys claims that Pacquiao now looks bigger which he actually does so you have once again got yourself into a bit of a pickle, bravo sir your such a compulsive liar you fail to realise what your saying, makes it so easy to rubbish your claims.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 20 May - 4:58

HumanWindmill wrote:
Olefaithful wrote:William Wallace was a ponce, he done nothing for the good of the Scots. He was just an embarrassment to his people.

Ha !

I believe that the Welsh feel the same, mate. Manny would have served them better than Owain Glyndŵr ever did.

Pacquiao would do a better job than David Cameron and Nick Clegg put together.

But that ain't saying that much.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 20 May - 5:00

D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

Ha !

Pacquiao would do a better job than David Cameron and Nick Clegg put together.

But that ain't saying that much.

Right you are, D4.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 20 May - 6:05

rowley wrote:He should sign by tonight or early morning, looking over the contract now

Phillipines is 8 hours in front is more likely to be in bed, what with having the school run in the morning
Manny news - Page 9 3497602689
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 20 May - 8:37

Can i just add something.....

I emailed the legend that is Thomas Hauser early doors today, the question i put to him (rather well i might add):

Who is the bigger guy naturally?

And pasting his reply:

Code:
Without a doubt I think that, at this point in their respective careers, Pacquiao's best fighting weight is higher than Marquez's. You merely have to compare their campaigns at super featherweight and look at them both now to make an educated comment.

To get a reply off the great writer has actually tickled me, and he is of the same ilk of thinking as i've mentioned.

Last edited by coxy0001 on Fri 20 May - 8:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Need to learn how to spell tickled)

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 20 May - 8:45

Are you being serious coxy? I can't wait for the excuses to fly now! Ha!

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 20 May - 8:51

No word of a lie Balti

Emailed him and somehow got a reply. Think it was because i licked his nutcrack about loving his books (which are very good), not to mention when he does write for The Ring/Seconds Out he does a ruddy good job.

Even still, means a shed load he bothered to reply and has massively tickled me pink and made my week

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 20 May - 8:54

Mate, that's bloody brilliant! I also feel a challenge has been set now, to see who can beat that.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 20 May - 9:09

Barack Obama is next on my hit list Wink

Seriously though, Dougie Fisher is a guy i email ALOT and get a reply more often than not. Has got to the point when i'm next in America we've discussed meeting up for a gym session somewhere and a beer after as i think he quite appreciates the time i take to email an essay and am always polite etc.

Rosenthal is another who's always got a reply in him. Hauser to be fair hasn't replied before though

The pinnacle for me would be getting one back off DLH. He was and still is my idol, needless to say he's not a journo but to get a reply back would be framed on an A1 canvas!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 20 May - 9:13

You could ask him for a framed pic from his 'Rocky Horror' phase...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 20 May - 18:46

Seems Roach is banking on the size difference being an influential factor in the upcoming Marquez bout:

http://www.boxingscene.com/insider-notebook-roach-admits-fear-marquez-trilogy--39318

Roach says: "I think we're bigger and better now, but that's my good solution, that we're bigger and better now."

No mention of Marquez being bigger also, nor does Roach state or even imply that due to their ring weights that the two guys will be the same size. So there you have it. Size IS the reason for this being at 144.

Last edited by BALTIMORA on Fri 20 May - 23:21; edited 1 time in total

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next