The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manny news

+35
sherm
ONETWOFOREVER
azumah HOF
eddyfightfan
Valero's Conscience
superflyweight
bhb001
oxring
manos de piedra
Olefaithful
Cotto89
Day V Lately
kevchadders
bellchees
The Galveston Giant
Peacehavenboy
Davie
Lumbering_Jack
huw
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
talkingpickle
Mind the windows Tino.
Boxtthis
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Adam D
coxy0001
Scottrf
Imperial Ghosty
azania
BALTIMORA
HumanWindmill
TRUSSMAN66
Rowley
D4thincarnation
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
39 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Manny news - Page 14 Empty Manny news

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 13 May 2011, 6:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Same as the Floyd thread any Manny news put on this thread to stop the board being cluttered.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Manny news - Page 14 Empty Re: Manny news

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:40 pm

Davie wrote:A serious question for you guys who seem to be in the know...

With the state of medical science as it is today, how much of a sample would really be needed to test for drugs?

I would have thought that just a little Tinkywinky would be enough to pacify the doubters here

30 mls

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:41 pm

Exactly right, Davie.

The amount of blood which USADA wished to draw each time equated to approximately 1% of body total.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:41 pm

A and B sample....only a little urine........

With my manly pee you have to be careful it doesn't burn through the floor as it did when the monster did some in Alien 1..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:42 pm

Surprised this guy isn't shouting from the rooftops like I'd be if I thought I'd written a bonafide article..and it was pulled.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:43 pm

Can illegal substances be found in either saliva or semen samples?

Just thinking outside the box here.....

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:44 pm

Of course.....The body secretes toxins in lot's of ways...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:45 pm

With the state of medical science as it is today, how much of a sample would really be needed to test for drugs?

I would have thought that just a little Tinkywinky would be enough to pacify the doubters here

Taking blood is an invasise procedure and can lead to infection that would put a halt to a fight.

Also when trying to make weight you cut fluids and nutrition taking blood at this time exacerbate the effects of having blood taken.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:45 pm

It's been 5 mins........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:48 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

Taking blood is an invasise procedure and can lead to infection that would put a halt to a fight.

Also when trying to make weight you cut fluids and nutrition taking blood at this time exacerbate the effects of having blood taken.

Which, of course, applies to both parties involved in the fight.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:49 pm

Adam D (Hobo) wrote:Can illegal substances be found in either saliva or semen samples?

Salvia and urine samples can be used to detect everything that blood can detect apart from EPO and HGH. I believe a urine test for HGH is not far away.

EPO needs to be tested over and extended period of time.

Seems weird that a thread about testing in a Floyd Mayweather vs Victor Ortiz fight gets moved to Manny news.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:49 pm

Adam D (Hobo) wrote:Can illegal substances be found in either saliva or semen samples?

Their was something on the news last week about using fingernails to detect drug cheats. I'll try and find an article about it.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:50 pm

Davie wrote:

Yet another stupid invocation of the swear filter there guys - sorry about that.

I can't imagine any of you being offended by "a little prick"

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:51 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

I personally want to see fighters at their best, not suffering from the effect of having blood taken.

And also some fighters rely on their physical attributes more than others so these fighters will be penalised to a greater degree.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:51 pm

Davie wrote:
Davie wrote:

Yet another stupid invocation of the swear filter there guys - sorry about that.

Go on, who wants this one ?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:54 pm

Davie wrote:
Davie wrote:

Coxy's alright if he hasn't been drinking.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:56 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
Davie wrote:
Davie wrote:

Go on, who wants this one ?

I'll bite. It's not the first time a little prîck would have ruined things for most on here.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:56 pm

Toenail and fingernail tests could catch drug cheats.

For the record I don't read the independent you would get battered in Glasgow for reading a broadsheet. Their was a short piece on the BBC news channel about it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/toenail-test-could-catch-the-drug-cheats-674062.html
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:57 pm

It seems that the experts agree with me by saying they won't be testing the fighters 48 hours before the fight.

And if turns out they won't test again within 14 days of the fight it might suggest that they are weary of the other problems the blood tests could cause in boxing.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:57 pm

I'm assuming Kev that nail tests would work along the same premise as hair tests. Personally I'm curious to hear of these 'salvia' tests. Not sure what hallucinogens have to do with all this.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:58 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

I personally want to see fighters at their best, not suffering from the effect of having blood taken.

And also some fighters rely on their physical attributes more than others so these fighters will be penalised to a greater degree.

In the absence of statistics showing the measurable and discernible differences, that argument borders on the ludicrous.

Other sports employ far more rigid testing than does boxing, as well you know.

I guess USADA's testing must be more debilitating than somebody else's. Manny must have a reason for refusing to test with USADA, mustn't he ?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:01 pm

Think I might have found out why USADA testing would be so crippling. Have you seen the size of the needle?:

USADA Testing Official.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:01 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:I'm assuming Kev that nail tests would work along the same premise as hair tests. Personally I'm curious to hear of these 'salvia' tests. Not sure what hallucinogens have to do with all this.

All I know is what is in the article and the small piece the BBC did on it. Apparently their is a longer period of time it can be traced in nails up to 12 months where as hair is 6 months. They did say the were hoping to use it in sports.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:01 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

In the absence of statistics showing the measurable and discernible differences, that argument borders on the ludicrous.

I guess USADA's testing must be more debilitating than somebody else's. Manny must have a reason for refusing to test with USADA, mustn't he ?

Pacquiao has agreed to all of Floyd's demands regarding testing. Floyd has even publically stated that drug testing is no longer an issue.

Other atheletes don't have to cut weight when training.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:03 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:I'm assuming Kev that nail tests would work along the same premise as hair tests. Personally I'm curious to hear of these 'salvia' tests. Not sure what hallucinogens have to do with all this.

All I know is what is in the article and the small piece the BBC did on it. Apparently their is a longer period of time it can be traced in nails up to 12 months where as hair is 6 months. They did say the were hoping to use it in sports.

WADA may be leading the way in drug testing is sport but drug testing in the real world they are very much behind the times.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:04 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Pacquiao has agreed to all of Floyd's demands regarding testing. Floyd has even publically stated that drug testing is no longer an issue.

Other atheletes don't have to cut weight when training.

Just to be picky yes they do, MMA athletes have a specified weight limit just like boxers.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:04 pm

They both have fights coming up, it's irrelevant.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:05 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

WADA may be leading the way in drug testing is sport but drug testing in the real world they are very much behind the times.

Read the article I posted they were hoping to use it in sport!
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:10 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

Salvia and urine samples can be used to detect everything that blood can detect apart from EPO and HGH. I believe a urine test for HGH is not far away.

Seems weird that a thread about testing in a Floyd Mayweather vs Victor Ortiz fight gets moved to Manny news.

HGH is too big a molecule to be broke down by the kidney's hence why it won't show up in urine tests. D4, please stick to facts and not future POTENTIAL technology. So blood tests are necessary!!

As for Mosley being tested 17 days before the fight. You're missing the main point, it was RANDOM. He didn't know when he would be tested.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:12 pm

Pedro, he's not missing the point. He's just a tw@.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:14 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Pedro, he's not missing the point. He's just a tw@.

Valid point Very Happy

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:15 pm

Pedro147 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

HGH is too big a molecule to be broke down by the kidney's hence why it won't show up in urine tests. D4, please stick to facts and not future POTENTIAL technology. So blood tests are necessary!!

As for Mosley being tested 17 days before the fight. You're missing the main point, it was RANDOM. He didn't know when he would be tested.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2008-07-22-hgh-urine-test_N.htm

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/2009-02-26-usada-hgh_N.htm

So why are they investing in something that won't work according to you.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:17 pm

I think it will be very likely that Mayweather and Ortiz will not be blood tested within 14 days before the fight.

I don't think it will be coincidental.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:20 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2008-07-22-hgh-urine-test_N.htm

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/2009-02-26-usada-hgh_N.htm

So why are they investing in something that won't work according to you.

Yes but there's no date on when development will be finalised. Also, they're investing. There is no sure thing that it will work and if so how accurate. A lie detector works but it can't legally be used in any court, in any state in America.

I'm not saying it won't ever work but you can't hold an argument by saying potential technology. Again, I'm not saying you're point won't ever be proven, but for now I'm afraid it's not the case.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:21 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:I think it will be very likely that Mayweather and Ortiz will not be blood tested within 14 days before the fight.

If you wish to cast aspersions and make thinly-veiled accusations you may wish to secure the services of a lawyer.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:24 pm

Ceres Nanosciences have a urine test for HGH

http://www.ceresnano.com/team.htm

http://www.hgh.org/HGH-Detectable-In-Urine.html

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:26 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:I think it will be very likely that Mayweather and Ortiz will not be blood tested within 14 days before the fight.

If you wish to cast aspersions and make thinly-veiled accusations you may wish to secure the services of a lawyer.

Long shot but think we'd all be spared a lot of pain if he could secure the services of a girlfriend

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:30 pm

Looks like urine and salvia test can detect everything that blood test can and they stay in the system longer.

Could this mean a end to invasive blood tests in sport?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:33 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Ceres Nanosciences have a urine test for HGH

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16045/ask-the-doc-with-steroid-and-hgh-testing-is-blood-or-urine-best.mma

"It will take forever (exaggeration) to get the test approved to the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) standards. WADA must be sure that the test can withstand the legal assault that is certain to be waged with the first positive sample."

As I said, I don't dismiss what you say as you do others. I have studied Science at third level so please stop this silly posting on topics you have no in depth knowledge of. Yes the technology MAY be there but the legal side of things may be some years away.

As I keep emphasising, I'm not saying you're wrong but your stance in this case simply doesn't hold up.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:35 pm

Pedro147 wrote:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16045/ask-the-doc-with-steroid-and-hgh-testing-is-blood-or-urine-best.mma

"It will take forever (exaggeration) to get the test approved to the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) standards. WADA must be sure that the test can withstand the legal assault that is certain to be waged with the first positive sample."

As I said, I don't dismiss what you say as you do others. I have studied Science at third level so please stop this silly posting on topics you have no in depth knowledge of. Yes the technology MAY be there but the legal side of things may be some years away.

As I keep emphasising, I'm not saying you're wrong but your stance in this case simply doesn't hold up.

There is a test for it now, lets hope WADA wake up and stop living in the past.

As I said before WADA are not world leaders in drug testing.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:41 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:

So for this case it's fine for technology to prevail but when Floyd asks for it you feel that the ridiculously low levels of testing currently in boxing will suffice. You've countered your own argument. You seriously are a cabbage of the highest degree.

Anyway D4, I've to study as a test on Saturday morning. Adios.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:42 pm

Touché, jeff.

Now, D4: please learn the distinction between saliva and salvia. It's quite substantial.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:42 pm

Pedro147 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:

So for this case it's fine for technology to prevail but when Floyd asks for it you feel that the ridiculously low levels of testing currently in boxing will suffice. You've countered your own argument. You seriously are a cabbage of the highest degree.

I wish you luck in passing the test thumbsup

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:45 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:

I wish you luck in passing the test thumbsup

Cheers man.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 13 Sep 2011, 1:41 am

Pedro147 wrote:I've to study as a test on Saturday morning. Adios.

Think I did my 25m swimming badge on a Saturday morning as well

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 13 Sep 2011, 4:55 am

Same old BS from D4

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 13 Sep 2011, 7:35 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Same old BS from D4

He's not breaking any house rules.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:07 am

BALTIMORA wrote:

Give me a few cups of coffee and i can probably report 25 posts for being libellous.

Accusing USADA of basically not testing "randomly" is a good start, that he says they won't be tested inside 14 days is basically corruption etc.

Hey admins, why not turn on my report post link so i can highlight every post that is potentially libellous? And no, i won't do it via PM as Windy asked for my number last time i did that.

Hate to think what the USADA laywers would do if they saw this topic and what D4 has to say on the matter, i mean accusing them of corruption regarding testing in FMJ vs Mosley and FMJ vs Ortiz is obviously ok.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:11 am

coxy0001 wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:

Give me a few cups of coffee and i can probably report 25 posts for being libellous.

Accusing USADA of basically not testing "randomly" is a good start, that he says they won't be tested inside 14 days is basically corruption etc.

Hey admins, why not turn on my report post link so i can highlight every post that is potentially libellous? And no, i won't do it via PM as Windy asked for my number last time i did that.

Hate to think what the USADA laywers would do if they saw this topic and what D4 has to say on the matter, i mean accusing them of corruption regarding testing in FMJ vs Mosley and FMJ vs Ortiz is obviously ok.

coxy, you are always welcome to PM me.

There was a reason we ended up banging heads last week, and I explained it to you. I also told you that you are a valued member here. I'm not one for grudges, and I don't believe that you are, either.

Let's move on with a clean slate.

Agreed ?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:23 am

HumanWindmill wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:

coxy, you are always welcome to PM me.

There was a reason we ended up banging heads last week, and I explained it to you. I also told you that you are a valued member here. I'm not one for grudges, and I don't believe that you are, either.

Let's move on with a clean slate.

Agreed ?

Just because i wouldn't give you my number! Wink

Still bemused as to why D4 is allowed to post about drug testing when it's pretty clear he:

a) Has zero idea what he's on about. A new testing procedure takes years to implement. They've got new drugs being made all the time for various things (legal ones), yet they don't hit the market for years.

b) Blood tests aren't intrusive? Every tested athletes accepts it as a part of life. They will still need to give their whereabouts to the testing authorities, and i'd imagine going for a wee with a drug inspector outside the toilet is intrusive, lets not forget if the testers turn up right after/during a training session when they're dehydrated and it may take a while to go to the toilet - having a testing guy going everywhere with you is intrusive to say the least

c) Is libellous in what he says on the matter. He is basically accusing USADA of being corrupt.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:29 am

And I'm absolutely certain the USADA have nothing better to do with their time than to trawl obscure overseas boxing forums to see if halfwits are making things up about them. The option of ignoring his drivel is one that to the best of my knowledge is still allowed on here.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next