The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup round 6

+19
superflyweight
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Stella
ChequeredJersey
The Womble
Dolphin Ziggler
The Boss
compelling and rich
Hero
Il Gialloblu
Galted
JuliusHMarx
TopHat24/7
bhb001
Union Cane
Rowley
Scottrf
Adam D
Mind the windows Tino.
23 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The best song ever with 3 or more words in the title.

The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 16 Vote_lcap5%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 16 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 16 Vote_lcap5%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 16 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 16 Vote_lcap13%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 16 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 10 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 16 Vote_lcap1%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 16 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 16 Vote_lcap8%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 16 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 6 ]
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 16 Vote_lcap4%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 16 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 16 Vote_lcap9%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 16 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 7 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 16 Vote_lcap3%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 16 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 16 Vote_lcap4%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 16 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 16 Vote_lcap9%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 16 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 7 ]
[ 7 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 16 Vote_lcap3%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 16 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 16 Vote_lcap0%The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 16 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 76

Poll closed

The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 16 Empty The Culture Cup round 6

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 07 Oct 2013, 11:17 am

First topic message reminder :

I said it would be Monday morning and, like my milkman, I always deliver.  So here is round 6 of quite possibly the most exciting tournament ever.  Before we move on to round 6 and the poll for 'The best song ever with 3 or more words in the title' lets have a look at what you could have won in round 5.

Round 5 saw the poll for 'Best piece of literature with a name in the title' and threw up some classic works of literature and no small measure of controversy with the 'missing' and 'reappearing' votes scandal throwing the integrity of the whole competition into doubt.  With the mystery still unsolved and the 'missing' votes no closer to being found, I have made the decision to move on, forget the past and continue the competition.  At least I am a man of extremely high integrity and moral fibre so we can proceed safe in the knowledge that the Culture Cup is still on the level.  I have my finest man (Wingrove) on the case to try and find out what happened but until then, lets move forward in peace.

Round 5 was an interesting one with the votes being split across the board resulting in many posters claiming a decent points haul.  Using my complicated results algorithm, you would have only needed to get 1 vote in this round to get 7 points.  Sot its bad luck to Union who received no votes, no points and has subsequently seen his already slim chance of winning almost certainly disappear for good.  What makes it worse it that he had some votes before 'votegate'.  Life can be so cruel.  Hero continues to be Mr Consistent and remains on top of the Christmas tree, just as a fairy should be.  Julius had a stunning reversal in fortune with his pick of Macbeth claiming top spot for this round.  A fair few posters picked up 10 points and at the half way point, the league is still within grasp for a fair few posters.  Here are the runners and riders;

Hero (A Streetcar Named Desire): (10) 46
compelling & rich (Schindler's List): (9): 42
seanmichaels (Oliver Twist): (9) 38
Adam (A Christmas Carol): (10) 37
Azzy (The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes): (10) 33
onlytreblewinners (Frankenstein): (10) 32
TopHat (Romeo and Juliet): (10) 32
Galted (The World According to Garp): (7) 30
The Womble (Matilda): (10) 31
Rowley (The Picture of Dorian Grey): (10) 29
superflyweight (The Great Gatsby): (9) 29
Dolphin (Winnie the Pooh): (9) 26
The Boss (Gulliver's Travels): (10) 26
bhb (Hamlet): (7) 25
ChequeredJersey (The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn): (8) 24
jbeadlesbigrighthand (Count of Monte Cristo): (8) 23
Julius ( Macbeth): (12) 22
Union (Horace) (0) 19

Round 7 is back to films and the question is this: Name the greatest film actor or actress born in the same year as you Best film originally released in the decade of your birth.  You can, of course, lie if you want to but I doubt any of you are that precious.  I will leave it up to your conscience but please PM a couple of choices.

Here is the poll for round 6 and remember, it is open for the whole forum to vote!

PLEASE ONLY VOTE FOR 2 NOMINATIONS
 I don't think it will survive another voting scandal.

PLEASE SEE EDITED QUESTION FOR THE NEXT ROUND

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Mon 07 Oct 2013, 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 16 Empty Re: The Culture Cup round 6

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 28 Nov 2013, 8:15 am

seanmichaels wrote:Jeff has you in his pocket.

Haven't watched wrestling for 5 or 6 years but there was a time when it was very funny. The best soap opera on the planet.
Yeah, in this instance he has and I'm happy to be there.

I'll take your word for it. Never appealed to me and I will never understand the attraction for anyone over the age of 12.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 28 Nov 2013, 8:22 am

This thread has a good chance of going past 1000 posts, don't think that's happened with any of the 606v2 cups yet.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 28 Nov 2013, 8:27 am

Galted wrote:This thread has a good chance of going past 1000 posts, don't think that's happened with any of the 606v2 cups yet.
I think it is more down to the quality of the posters rather than the original thread.

I have 2 more fillings today and maybe an extraction so I need ideas for a dentist friendly lunch. My back wisdom tooth is currently driving me up the wall as well. It is like a rotten fence in the wind. Was hoping i could pull it out last night but the bugger seems firmly attached to something.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 28 Nov 2013, 8:31 am

2 more fillings? Have you got any of your original teeth left. That Catweazel/Shane MacGowan mental image I have of you is not disappearing anytime soon.

Soup is the obvious answer. Or one of Galted's camp smoothies if you can find some roughage around to blend up.

My lip is much better now. Thanks for asking.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 28 Nov 2013, 8:42 am

I'd suggest not eating as it could be awkward yakking up when the dentist has his/her hands in your mouth. Perhaps a session of heavy drinking afterwards to alleviate any pain?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 28 Nov 2013, 8:48 am

Had 4 fillings last week, 3 the week before and 2 today. Then I need this 1 wisdom tooth out which broke 3 or 4 years ago and a clean. Missus put me on her private dental with work as I hadn't been to the dentist for 20 years. Just getting it all done before it runs out. My teeth are all there otherwise and generally ok.

Definitely a heavy night planned as the missus is away for the night. Couple of Band of Brother's to catch up on as well so feeling very chirpy this morning.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 28 Nov 2013, 9:03 am

Day of Days and Crossroads go best with a heavy night.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 28 Nov 2013, 9:10 am

seanmichaels wrote:The Montreal Screwjob was a controversial, real-life professional wrestling incident in which World Wrestling Federation (WWF; now World Wrestling Entertainment, or WWE) owner Vince McMahon and other WWF employees covertly manipulated the pre-determined outcome of the main event match between Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels at the Survivor Series pay-per-view event held on November 9, 1997, at the Molson Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The manipulation – a "shoot screwjob" in professional wrestling parlance – occurred without Hart's knowledge and resulted in Hart, the reigning WWF Champion, losing the title to Michaels in Hart's last match with the WWF before departing for rival promotion World Championship Wrestling (WCW). The "screwjob" is generally held to be an off-screen betrayal of Hart, who was one of the WWF's longest-tenured and most popular performers at the time.

A wrestling "match" that was fixed. who'd have thought it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 28 Nov 2013, 9:55 am

Galted wrote:Day of Days and Crossroads go best with a heavy night.
My V+ went weird and I seem to have lost everything from Replacements onwards. I'm hoping they're restored now as TCM have been re-running them and I series linked it.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 28 Nov 2013, 11:01 am

Greek style yogurt with honey, mini bonbel, stick of English extra mature cheddar and bag of sour cream and chilli lentil curls.

Total cost: £3.48 which possibly represents reasonable value for money
Total calories: appr 961 which is excessive

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 28 Nov 2013, 11:11 am

Galted wrote:Greek style yogurt with honey, mini bonbel, stick of English extra mature cheddar and bag of sour cream and chilli lentil curls.

Total cost: £3.48 which possibly represents reasonable value for money
Total calories: appr 961 which is excessive
Deary me. That is a fat (dieting) woman's lunch. Obviously excluding the double chocolate muffin and ginsters breakfast roll.

Is mexican food your favourite and have you been to Wahaca? If not I'd thoroughly recommend it although I think Southbank is your closest.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 28 Nov 2013, 11:20 am

It was pretty unsatisfying.

Mexican is becoming one of my favourites along with Italian, middle-eastern, Indian and hopefully, soon, Icelandic. I think I've been to Wahaca, is it wedged away right near the BFI? If that's the one it was extremely f*****g lovely. Going for a Thanksgiving meal tonight so can try pumpkin pie and possibly add American to the list of likes.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 28 Nov 2013, 11:23 am

Galted wrote:It was pretty unsatisfying.

Mexican is becoming one of my favourites along with Italian, middle-eastern, Indian and hopefully, soon, Icelandic.  I think I've been to Wahaca, is it wedged away right near the BFI?  If that's the one it was extremely f*****g lovely.  Going for a Thanksgiving meal tonight so can try pumpkin pie and possibly add American to the list of likes.
I've only been to the one on charlotte street. Set up by the girl who won Masterchef a while back. Bloody nice, little sort of snack plates.

Thanksgiving, that's why my missus is going out. Last year they had this sweet potato mash thing with cinnamon and maple syrup. Wasn't a fan after it was rolled out on Christmas day and especially again on boxing day.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 28 Nov 2013, 11:31 am

Galted wrote:Greek style yogurt with honey, mini bonbel, stick of English extra mature cheddar and bag of sour cream and chilli lentil curls.
Tino wrote: I am fond of Galted.
I might have to retract that statement in the light of your lunch today.  You don't even eat real crisps.  What is the matter with you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 28 Nov 2013, 11:33 am

Bread, margerine, cheese, crisps, cake, apple.

Sorry, I mean, wholemeal bread using Yorkshire flour, sunflower oil, unsaturated fat margerine, mature Welsh cheddar cheese, hand-cut sour cream and chive Kettle Chips, iced Lemon Drizzle cake with small sugared lemon jelly slice garnish, Granny Smith's apple from orchards nestled in the foothills of Madrid.

Have you ever been to Pollyanna's? I hear their Citrus Marinated heirloom Maine Lobster with a Ponzu Compote and Vodka Pan-Seared Imported Spinach with a Durian Bavarois is to die for.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 28 Nov 2013, 11:33 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:It was pretty unsatisfying.

Mexican is becoming one of my favourites along with Italian, middle-eastern, Indian and hopefully, soon, Icelandic.  I think I've been to Wahaca, is it wedged away right near the BFI?  If that's the one it was extremely f*****g lovely.  Going for a Thanksgiving meal tonight so can try pumpkin pie and possibly add American to the list of likes.
I've only been to the one on charlotte street. Set up by the girl who won Masterchef a while back. Bloody nice, little sort of snack plates.

Thanksgiving, that's why my missus is going out. Last year they had this sweet potato mash thing with cinnamon and maple syrup. Wasn't a fan after it was rolled out on Christmas day and especially again on boxing day.
Just did some google image research and it was the southbank Wahaca. Was a bit clueless when ordering, got the pronunciation all wrong and overestimated how much it would take to fill me which is perfect when eating out.

The sweet potato mash thing sounds a bit girlishly rich, like Krispy Kremes - beats me how having a minge can make you like things like that.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 28 Nov 2013, 11:35 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Tino wrote: I am fond of Galted.
I might have to retract that statement in the light of your lunch today.  You don't even eat real crisps.  What is the matter with you.
They look innocuous but they've got more of a kick to them than most normal crisps.  It's a bit like slapping a dwarf on the back of the head to amuse your mates and have him turn around and headbutt you in the boll0cks.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 28 Nov 2013, 11:36 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Bread, margerine, cheese, crisps, cake, apple.

Sorry, I mean, wholemeal bread using Yorkshire flour, sunflower oil, unsaturated fat margerine, mature Welsh cheddar cheese, hand-cut sour cream and chive Kettle Chips, iced Lemon Drizzle cake with small sugared lemon jelly slice garnish, Granny Smith's apple from orchards nestled in the foothills of Madrid.

Have you ever been to Pollyanna's? I hear their Citrus Marinated heirloom Maine Lobster with a Ponzu Compote and Vodka Pan-Seared Imported Spinach with a Durian Bavarois is to die for.
Sounds like the kind of thing michaels would rustle up to go with his fifteen cans of Stella.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 28 Nov 2013, 11:49 am

Galted wrote:Sounds like the kind of thing michaels would rustle up to go with his fifteen cans of Stella.
I have a pork tenderloin in the fridge and had planned to do a caribbean curry with crate of Red stripe. You should really marinate the meat for 4 hours though so I may just go Mexican as Morrisons have an offer on San Miguel as well.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:23 pm

I wish you'd stop talking about food. I've got to wait until 1.00 and I'm hungry Sad
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:42 pm

A bit embarrassing how little else we seem to have to talk about.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:46 pm

Bacon and Brie panini. Not bad actually. Bacon a bit piggy.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:47 pm

Galted wrote:A bit embarrassing how little else we seem to have to talk about.
Was going to suggest another subject but all I could come up with was what everyone had for tea last night, which does little to steer the conversation away from food or to put to bed the belief we have a lack of imagination or conversational skills.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:48 pm

I spy, with my little eye, something beginning with "s".

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:48 pm

Screen?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:49 pm

Nope.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:49 pm

It's on the screen though.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:50 pm

Semen?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:50 pm

Spreadsheet?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:51 pm

Nope.

Nope.

Off the screen now.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:51 pm

Actually, yes to both but that's not what I was thinking of.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:51 pm

Six oh six vee too

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:52 pm

Nope, in the right area though.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:53 pm

Severed genitals?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:53 pm

Very close.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:55 pm

Saliva?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:55 pm

Nope.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:56 pm

Rowley wrote:
Galted wrote:A bit embarrassing how little else we seem to have to talk about.
Was going to suggest another subject but all I could come up with was what everyone had for tea last night, which does little to steer the conversation away from food or to put to bed the belief we have a lack of imagination or conversational skills.
Lasagne. Not too shabby.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:57 pm

Bored now. What was the answer?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:57 pm

Can see it again.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:58 pm

Sperm. Again?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:58 pm

Nope.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 28 Nov 2013, 1:00 pm

I'm all guessed out.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 28 Nov 2013, 1:00 pm

Gone again.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 28 Nov 2013, 1:01 pm

Screensaver?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 28 Nov 2013, 1:02 pm

Nope, not a bad effort though.

The answer was seanmichaels.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 28 Nov 2013, 1:05 pm

I spy, with my little eye, something beginning with "v"

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 28 Nov 2013, 1:06 pm

Going to have to take a break for a bit, my colleague's needed a hand for the last 20 minutes and I think he's getting the hump with me.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 28 Nov 2013, 1:06 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I spy, with my little eye, something beginning with "v"
vagina

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 28 Nov 2013, 1:07 pm

Yep. Well done.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next