The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edinburgh v Munster HC

+48
alive555
majesticimperialman
quinsforever
tecphobe
Weegie Wizard
justified sinner
Artful_Dodger
bedfordwelsh
Solid8
21st Century Schizoid Man
Manky-Flanker
stub
wales606
Golden
madmaccas
Totalflanker
Mike Selig
maestegmafia
Rory_Gallagher
The Saint
Notch
jimbopip
MMC
EWT Spoons
funnyExiledScot
Tramptastic
VietGwentRevisited
Captain_Sensible
Mickado
BlueMuff
Standulstermen
Jenifer McLadyboy
Sin é
TJ
asoreleftshoulder
GunsGerms
profitius
SecretFly
George Carlin
Taffineastbourne
RDW
GLove39
LeinsterFan4life
des
IanBru
tigertattie
ME-109
52 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Edinburgh v Munster HC Empty Edinburgh v Munster HC

Post by ME-109 Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:46 am

Tumbleweed Is this the non event of the weekend? Are there any Munster posters here? Can Edinburgh put up any sort of contest? Why is the sky blue?

Only injury concern for Munster is POM with the "alleged" concussion last weekend.....

Munster team and Edinburgh team below...Butler on instead of POM who is ruled out...

Munster:  Felix Jones; Keith Earls, Casey Laulala, James Downey, Simon Zebo; Ian Keatley, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Mike Sherry, Stephen Archer; Donncha Ryan, Paul O’Connell Capt.; Paddy Butler, Niall Ronan, James Coughlan. Replacements: Damien Varley, James Cronin, BJ Botha, Donncha O’Callaghan, CJ Stander, Duncan Williams, JJ Hanrahan, Denis Hurley.

15 Cuthbert
14 Fife
13 De Luca
12 Scott
11 Visser
10 Leonard
9 Laidlaw CAPTAIN
1 Dickinson
2 Ford
3 Nel
4 Gilchrist
5 Cox
6 Basilaia
7 Du Preez
8 Denton

Embra subs – 16 Lutui 17 Blaauw 18 Cross 19 Atkins 20 Grant 21 Kennedy 22 Dominguez 23 Hidalgo-Clyne

Last edited by ME-109 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:14 am; edited 2 times in total

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh v Munster HC Empty Re: Edinburgh v Munster HC

Post by tigertattie Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:00 am

Edinburgh to win by 3 Tumbleweed 
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:04 am

Coverage of the game to cut away suddenly to breaking news that a squirrel can waterski...

Edinburgh by 5 in a surprisingly good game (despite what I just said...).
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by des Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:05 am

Edinburgh to be within 6 points up until 5 minutes before half time. Munster will have someone yellow carded and we'll leak 14 points by the time they come back on.

des

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:09 am

How did Munster get a group like this. How is this group even possible!

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:09 am

Any news on the Edinburgh team....

I am impressed with the er...positivity...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:21 pm

Edinburgh to romp home in style courtesy of a Lee Jones & Ben Atiga hatrick...

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:11 pm

Bill Lothian (local newspaper journo) Tweeted that he wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if Edinburgh somehow beat Munster – that is the way Scottish rugby works! Some of our biggest wins have come on the back of some of our darkest times.

Not that I think it will happen.

I think we’ll see the same kind of routine from Edinburgh – competitive for 60 minutes then Munster run away with it to win by +20 points.
TBH I’d be happy with us scoring a try. Actually, scoring points would be an improvement on last year!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:53 pm

Wow, don't be so defeatist RDW, looks like Solomons been working on some new tactics in training http://instagram.com/p/fNV2S8Obag/

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:45 pm

A home win as Edinburgh are clearly targeting the HC this year!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:49 pm

We're just lulling Munster into a false sense of security taff - get pumped in the Rabbo and then unleash lots of secret weapons for the HK!

In terms of selection, based in his previous selections, which have been pretty consistent, the Edinburgh team is probably going to be:

1 Dickinson
2 Ford
3 Nel
4 Gilchrist
5 VDV
6 Basalaia
7 Grant
8 Denton
9 Laidlaw
10 Leonard
11 Visser
12 Scott
13 De Luca
14 Fife
15 Tonks

Subs - Blaauw, Lutui, Cross, Cox, Du Preez, Kennedy, Cuthbert, AN other

On paper not a bad team, but unfortunately rugby isn't a game played on paper!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:37 pm

In contemplation of this match, I am reminded of the Blackadder quote:
Our only hope is that the enemy kill so many of us that they become slightly depressed.

Who honestly knows, to be honest? Edinburgh battered their way to a HC semi- whilst finishing third bottom of the league that same year. This year, they are already scraping the arse of the league so by extrapolation, this year they should romp to the Heiney final. Simples.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:40 pm

You're forgetting that last year we were scraping the bottom of the league table AND crap in the hk!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:43 pm

Jeez its like listening to Marvin the robot from Hitch Hikers guide looking at your posts....I feel I should be depressed in sympathy....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:44 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:You're forgetting that last year we were scraping the bottom of the league table AND crap in the hk!
So we're versatile. I was hoping that nobody would dwell on that. picard 
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:54 pm

I'm remembering that last year poor Bradley was getting it in the neck for the 'versatility'. Seems the present coach is lucky enough to have taken over a ship already holed under the waterline. He's just a victim and few would blame him if he did a Schettino on it.

But having said all that. Munster isn't the monster it once was, and I wouldn't be at all surprised by a surprise Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:34 pm

SecretFly wrote:I'm remembering that last year poor Bradley was getting it in the neck for the 'versatility'.  Seems the present coach is lucky enough to have taken over a ship already holed under the waterline.  He's just a victim and few would blame him if he did a Schettino on it.

But having said all that.  Munster isn't the monster it once was, and I wouldn't be at all surprised by a surprise Wink

Quite right. We will be awesome and win a famous victory*.

* Provided that O’Mahony, Earls, Zebo, Keatley, O’Connell and Stander all come down with a 24 hour virus at the appropriate time.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:55 pm

The Munster lineup should be interesting. I'd say Penney might stick with the same front row or at least give Archer one game out of the next 2 especially with the Ireland squad announcement due after the HEC matches.

Kilcoyne is under fierce pressure from James Cronin but they'll stick with Kilcoyne I'd say.

Dougal in for Ronan could be the only unforced change from the backrow.

Murray will come in for Williams and the rest of the backline will remain the same I think.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:37 am

I’m wondering what kind of crowd we’ll get on Saturday. Given that we’ve had a rubbish start to the season and the game is on a Saturday afternoon – probably the least popular time with Edinburgh fans (club rugby games on, people doing other things) – I think 5k would probably be a decent turnout. Can’t see us getting much more unless there is a big Munster travelling support.

I’m meant to be playing rugby down in Jedburgh on Saturday afternoon but buggered my hand playing last weekend, so may be there after all!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:45 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
I’m wondering what kind of crowd we’ll get on Saturday.  Given that we’ve had a rubbish start to the season and the game is on a Saturday afternoon – probably the least popular time with Edinburgh fans (club rugby games on, people doing other things) – I think 5k would probably be a decent turnout.  Can’t see us getting much more unless there is a big Munster travelling support.

I’m meant to be playing rugby down in Jedburgh on Saturday afternoon but buggered my hand playing last weekend, so may be there after all!
Are the words "with myself" missing from that last sentence? Run 
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:48 am

I thought you were a sensible mature professional GC? Very Happy 

And yes I've already had those jokes from my team mates, but luckily our nice, female, Irish physio didn't make any comments!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:24 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:I thought you were a sensible mature professional GC? Very Happy 

And yes I've already had those jokes from my team mates, but luckily our nice, female, Irish physio didn't make any comments!
If she was really nice she'd offer you a hand! laughing 

sorry

I'll get my coat Run 
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:51 am

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/rob-penney-munster-1120217-Oct2013/

Rob Penney pays tribute to Earls. Must say I agree. Without wanting to take a shot at anyone in particular I dont think Munster or Ireland have ever managed to get the best out of Earls.

Personally I feel he is Irelands most talented back in terms of attacking space. He also has a decent enough try scoring record. Really hope he has a big year and Penney's evolving attacking style helps rejuvinate Earls' game.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:10 am

Where are Munster playing Earls these days?

I think he's a brilliant player but neither Munster or Ireland know where to play him - kind of like what happened with Chris Paterson and Scotland.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:12 am

Has started on the wing against Leinster last weekend which would point to him playing there against Edinburgh. But has also started at OC this season so its possible he will play there as well. Unlikely as that would not be our strongest team.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:56 am

GunsGerms wrote:http://thescore.thejournal.ie/rob-penney-munster-1120217-Oct2013/

Rob Penney pays tribute to Earls. Must say I agree. Without wanting to take a shot at anyone in particular I dont think Munster or Ireland have ever managed to get the best out of Earls.

Personally I feel he is Irelands most talented back in terms of attacking space. He also has a decent enough try scoring record. Really hope he has a big year and Penney's evolving attacking style helps rejuvinate Earls' game.
Yeah crazy that nobody could figure out he's a top winger before this,while the first half of his career hasn't been wasted it has been underwhelming considering the talent the guy has.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:17 pm

So do the MFLs have any chance? Can the pack get us the ball? can our backs do anything with it? Will we play kick chase badly all game again?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:27 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:http://thescore.thejournal.ie/rob-penney-munster-1120217-Oct2013/

Yeah crazy that nobody could figure out he's a top winger before this,while the first half of his career hasn't been wasted it has been underwhelming considering the talent the guy has.
Most of the criticism he gets is as a winger Wink 

Like last 6Ns when BOD bawled him out for not offloading to him!
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:31 pm

TJ wrote:So do the MFLs have any chance?  Can the pack get us the ball?  can our backs do anything with it?  Will we play kick chase badly all game again?
Nope, nope, about as likely as Satan skating to work and probably. OK 
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:35 pm

Sin é wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:

He kinda deserved it that time in fairness Sin.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:36 pm

Sin é wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:

Yeah that's one instance where people criticised him for not passing,most people didn't criticise him as a winger but as a rugby player who took a bad option and turned over the ball wasting a good attacking opportunity.

I know there is an element out there that doesn't rate him at all but I very much doubt there are many people who would criticise him by saying he isn't as good on the wing as he is at centre or fullback.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:46 pm

I think he just gets criticised no matter where he plays. I think it may be down to Munster are not allowed to produce great Backs.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:49 pm

Sin é wrote:I think he just gets criticised no matter where he plays. I think it may be down to Munster are not allowed to produce great Backs.

They dont have any IRB hall of famers but they have had some great backs.

Doug Howlett, Christian Cullen, Jean DeVilliers etc.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:51 pm

I agree that Earls seems to be a bit underrated/pilloried by other provincial fans. Averaging a try a every three games for your national side is really not a bad return. Not by Scottish standards anyway. picard
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:51 pm

George Carlin wrote:I agree that Earls seems to be a bit underrated/pilloried by other provincial fans. Averaging a try a every three games for your national side is really not a bad return. Not by Scottish standards anyway. picard
Yeah its a great return.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:55 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
Sin é wrote:I think he just gets criticised no matter where he plays. I think it may be down to Munster are not allowed to produce great Backs.

Ah, but Munster didn't produce them.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:56 pm

Sin é wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

Ah, but Munster didn't produce them.

Yeah you're right.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:56 pm

God forbid...I mean when BOD et al were doing the business for Ireland clearly the SH and OH they had weren't very good. Whats that Sin É you mean you didn't know that the OH from Munster (whose name is not mentionable) is not only the highest points scorer but the highest try scorer for an OH as well. You didn't know he was top try scorer or joint top in one Six nations?????

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:04 pm

as Dunphy would say, good players, but not great players.

Anyone see where the South African Finance Minister talking to Geldof about rugby, described Munster as 'killers'. Smile 
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:10 pm

That's a pretty ignorant comment really.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:13 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:

Its just the usual the world is against us Munsterisms, though more than likely tongue in cheek.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:21 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:

Only explanation really, I'm afraid.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:24 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:

Its just the usual the world is against us Munsterisms, though more than likely tongue in cheek.
Well, I can't figure out why he gets so much criticism, particularly when he comes across as being a really nice guy who is very popular with his international team mates.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:29 pm

I think its because he is exceptionally talented and with a few tweaks should be a good bit better than Drico now. Sometimes though he frustrates. Im one of his biggest fans but was screaming at the TV for him to offload to Drico that time for a certain try. Its a bit like aidan McGeedy in football. Does everything really really well but smoetimes faulters when it comes to the end product.

Last edited by GunsGerms on Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:29 pm

I would have said a provocative comment. To call it ignorant is just well...ignorant. Its like saying Leinster cant produce decent forwards...which is clearly not true...although given they have made up the majority of the Irish pack since 2009/10 season there might be some truth to it.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:30 pm

ME-109 wrote:I would have said a provocative comment. To call it ignorant is just well...ignorant. Its like saying Leinster cant produce decent forwards...which is clearly not true...although given they have made up the majority of the Irish pack since 2009/10 season there might be some truth to it.
Zzzzzzzzzzz.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:33 pm

Well then just Zzzzzzz off back to your l'boys thread....OK Cool 

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:35 pm

Sin é wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:

Well, I can't figure out why he gets so much criticism, particularly when he comes across as being a really nice guy who is very popular with his international team mates.

thumbsup 

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:32 pm

Updated with Munster team. POM ruled out possibly due to concussion...Paddy Butler to start...Murray instead of Williams only other change from last weeks team.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:36 pm

How are Butler and Ronan starting ahead of Stander?

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next