The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby, 25 October

+40
Pat_Mustard
Portnoy's Complaint
ValleyBoyo
Standulstermen
quinsforever
boss_cat2
MrsP
furra_linee
screamingaddabs
Notch
Majestic83
Artful_Dodger
Totalflanker
SecretFly
Gibson
BlueMuff
cakeordeath
KiaRose
GLove39
tigertattie
ME-109
LeinsterFan4life
Rory_Gallagher
MacKnocked-on
profitius
luvtotup
TJ
VinceWLB
Jenifer McLadyboy
Captain_Sensible
jimbopip
IanBru
Mickado
Sin é
funnyExiledScot
21st Century Schizoid Man
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Solid8
RDW
George Carlin
44 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby, 25 October  - Page 7 Empty Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby, 25 October

Post by George Carlin Mon 21 Oct 2013, 11:22 am

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow Warriors Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby, 25 October  - Page 7 Violen11 v Munster Rugby Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby, 25 October  - Page 7 Munste10

Friday 25 October 2013, KO: 19:35
Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow

Referee: Ian Davies (WRU, 11th competition game)
Assistant Referees: David Changleng, Bob Nevins (both SRU)
Citing Commissioner: John Kirk (SRU)
TMO: Jim Yuille (SRU)

LIVE on BBC ALBA/TG4

A. Teams:

I. Glasgow
Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby, 25 October  - Page 7 James-10
15. Sean Maitland
14. Tommy Seymour
13. Byron McGuigan
12. Sean Lamont
11. DTH van der Merwe
10. Duncan Weir
9. Chris Cusiter (Captain)

1. Ryan Grant
2. Pat MacArthur
3. Moray Low
4. Tim Swinson
5. Jonny Gray
6. Rob Harley
7. Tyrone Holmes
8. Josh Strauss

16. Dougie Hall
17. Jerry Yanuyanutawa
18. Jon Welsh
19. Tom Ryder
20. Chris Fusaro
21. Niko Matawalu
22. Ruaridh Jackson
23. Mark Bennett

II.Munster
Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby, 25 October  - Page 7 Jonath10 
15 Johne Murphy
14 Andrew Conway
13 Keith Earls
12 Ivan Dineen
11 Ronan O’Mahony
10 JJ Hanrahan
09 Conor Murray

01 James Cronin
02 Mike Sherry
03 Stephen Archer
04 Donncha O’Callaghan
05 Paul O’Connell
06 Peter O’Mahony Capt.
07 Sean Dougall
08 CJ Stander

Replacements: Damien Varley, Dave Kilcoyne, BJ Botha, Billy Holland, James Coughlan, Cathal Sheridan, James Downey, Casey Laulala.

B. Form - head to head

21 Played 21
7 Wins 13
13 Losses 7
1 Draws 1
41 Tries 55
29 Conversions 40
56 Penalties 49
1 Drop Goals 1
434 Points 505
25 Avg. Age 27

C. Form - last season:

Saturday 1 December 2012, 19:45 - Thomond Park
Munster Rugby 31 - 3 Glasgow Warriors

Friday 29 March 2013, 20:05 - Scotstoun
Glasgow Warriors 51 - 24 Munster Rugby

D. Parliamo Glasgow:

Alphabetty Spaghetti - D.T.H. van der Merwe, wing
Angel - Gabriel Ascarate, centre
Angela - Jon Welsh, prop
Barry - Byron McGuigan, wing
Big Boab - (see Ginger Tackle Monster, the)
Big Mike - (see Coo, the)
Big Naka - Leone Nakarawa, lock/loosie
Bluto - Josh Strauss, loosie/no.8
Centre, the - (see Lesser Messiah, the)
Coo, the - Michael Cusack, prop
Cooseetah - (see Cus)
Cus - Chris Cusiter, scrum half
DTH - (see Alphabetty Spaghetti)
Flippy - (see Toonie)
Fozzy - Christopher Fusaro, loosie
Furra Lineeeee - Peter Horne, centre
Ginger Tackle Monster, the - Rob Harley, loosie
Guns - Tim Swinson, lock
Henners - Henry Pyrgos, scrum half
Hoggy - Stuart Hogg, full back/wing/centre
Ickle Jon - Jonny Gray, lock
Jedi - James Eddie, loosie
Lesser Messiah, the - Richie Vernon, loosie/no.8
Mark of Nazareth - (see Messiah, the)
Meatball, the - Duncan Weir, fly half
Messiah, the/ Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby, 25 October  - Page 7 589312- Mark Bennett, centre
Niko - Nikola Matawalu, scrum half
Niko's Mate - Jerry Yanuyanutawa, prop
No Maits - Sean Maitland, wing
Rhubarb - Ruaridh Jackson, fly half
Ruck Inspector, the - Alastair Kellock, lock
Schlong - Sean Lamont, centre/wing
Sherlock - Tyrone Holmes, loosie
Shrek - Gordon Reid, prop
Toonie - Gregor Peter John Townsend MBE, head coach
Wee P - Pat MacArthur, hooker
Weegie from Fiji, the - (see Niko)

Last edited by George Carlin on Thu 24 Oct 2013, 4:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby, 25 October  - Page 7 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby, 25 October

Post by SecretFly Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:41 pm

tatterd wrote:ooooh will this mean there will be some "edge" to the Ireland v Scotland 6N game? Gives the Irish someone else to moan about about from Wales and Gatland I suppose...........
You don't like all that moaning and stuff, tatterd. I know, I know, it's so uncouth. Ruffians, the Irish - the lot of them. Dratted untrained animals really, the buggeres

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby, 25 October  - Page 7 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby, 25 October

Post by rodders Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:44 pm

Isn't there already an edge since the Scots tried to strangle ROG that time?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:45 pm

good point rodders!
We's all buddies really
Hug Hug

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:51 pm

rodders wrote:Isn't there already an edge since the Scots tried to strangle ROG that time?  
There was until the then branded hooligan (since proven to be completely innocent!!) came to play for Leinster.

He became an instant "ok chap, and friendly too" and he developed quickly into a "maybe ROG's neck got in the way" kinda fella. He even got promoted to "We want him back if we could coax him to" when he chose to leave.

All is fair in love and war.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:59 pm

Hey that's right it was Hines wasn't it? Jees that probably sealed him the move to Leinster!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 28 Oct 2013, 2:00 pm

rodders wrote:Isn't there already an edge since the Scots tried to strangle ROG that time?  
I'm not sure strangled does it justice. I think EOS wanted Hines for attempted murder!!

To be fair, that was back in the day when ROG was really good. I think Hines was just channeling the frustration of Murrayfield seeing ROG ping yet another pin point kick into the Scotland 22.

You'll notice that we didn't so much as touch ROG last year at Murrayfield. We were far happier with his contribution that day from the bench....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 28 Oct 2013, 2:05 pm

rodders wrote:Hey that's right it was Hines wasn't it? Jees that probably sealed him the move to Leinster!
It was supposedly on the secret contract talks list: "D'ya...like maybe...now nothing official like...but maybe if you think you might be able to...maybe give ROG a refresher on the... well, we won't talk about it... but if you could when we meet them... we could sign today no problems... Just nod your head Nathan - yes or no"

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 28 Oct 2013, 2:42 pm

the real loser from this game is rugby itself!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 28 Oct 2013, 2:45 pm

tigertattie wrote:the real loser from this game is rugby itself!
Aye - its was hardly great entertainment

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 28 Oct 2013, 3:05 pm

tigertattie wrote:the real loser from this game is rugby itself!
Munster rugby don't think so. They went to the top of Pro12 because of it.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Mon 28 Oct 2013, 3:49 pm

Glasgow have nobody to blame but themselves for Fridays debacle. Our Pack I thought were excellent in the first half, they did not have total dominance over Munster, but they had enough control that they game should have been out of Munster’s reach, instead some poor handling and school boy errors meant we went into the break only three points up.

Second half, we did not get anywhere near as good ball as we had in the first, credit to Munster there. When it came to it they took their chance, a good piece of skill helped in no large part by some very poor tackling.

Once in front Munster did what Munster does, they slowed the game done and squeezed the life out of us, it was infuriating to watch but it’s exactly what I would want my team to do. We played right into their hands in that when we did get chances to keep the scoreboard ticking over, we decided bravely in some cases and dam right stupidly in others to take the quick tap.

As for the fights and alleged biting etc. I have not seen the game back and had no proper view of what was going on, so can't comment.

Ref was not the best, but some of the stuff I have read from Glasgow fans on various forums, does come across in some cases as pretty petty. Also it’s not the first time I thought this.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 28 Oct 2013, 5:08 pm

Agree with all of that Dot, particularly the last point (although the Edinburgh fans on Facebook take being petty to an ever greater extreme).

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 29 Oct 2013, 9:01 am

Have to agree with most of what Dorothy has said. We totally gubbed the Munstermen at Scotstoun last season and they came over determined not to allow that to happen again, WHATEVER IT TAKES as it were. So they were dirty and cynical and killed the game and WON the feccin match. Just like Leinster did in the play off's.
This is were the senior players need to stand up and show leadership: plan A isn't working so let's try ... And much as I love Bluto, constantly running into a wall of red jerseys is not leadership. If we are serious contenders we need to know how to win when the opposition won't let us play the sort of rugby we're excellent at.
Last word; if Niko was biting then he should be banned, as clear as that.
If there was nastiness in the tunnel, not a metaphor for sordid man-love, then players should be banned as this betrays one of the most sacred tenets of rugby at all levels: knock lumps out of each other till the whistle then shake hands and have a pint. If we lose that we lose everything.mad 

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue 29 Oct 2013, 9:18 am

Some fairly poor report on this game in Scotland.

This is one of the most amusing - apparently 2 Munster players were sinbinned for violent conduct! (No mention of the Glasgow player who was binned!)Very Happy 

The Irish heavyweights now had the cushion they needed to cynically slow the game down and kill any momentum the home side could create by lying on top of the ball and coming in from the side at every opportunity.
Welsh referee Ian Davies seemed to be under the spell of chief Munster enforcer Donncha O'Callaghan and spurned numerous opportunities to penalise the Irish side for these offences until finally producing a yellow card for prop James Cronin, and later Dave Kilcoyne, both for violent conduct, halting Warriors' attacking intentions.
http://m.stv.tv/sport/rugby/245856-rabodirect-pro-12-wrap-munsters-dirty-tricks-edinburgh-off-bottom/

There have been claims by Glasgow fans that Niko's jersey was ripped in the tunnel. As can be seen here, it was in bits during the match.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/rugby/glasgow-6-munster-16-warriors-miss-a-trick-and-allow-irish-to-treat-themselves.22522925

At least that is a more accurate match report.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 29 Oct 2013, 9:54 am

It really annoys me when sports journalists write reports which show they didn't even watch the match. One of our local eejits is just embarrassing sometimes.

Mind you, the guy is clearly brighter than me because I watched the second half back on the iplayer. That's an hour of my life I wont get back.

Doh 

My view was that neither team had much urgency about them which was to Munster's advantage. The ref also slowed the game down with his going to the TMO for every breakdown. (I know it wasn't actually every breakdown but it felt that way while watching that seemingly interminable durge)!

Glasgow must have wasted about 3 mins of the sin bin making replacements during that period.

None of the 3 yellows was for foul play.

I have to say that there was plenty of cynical play from both sides.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Tue 29 Oct 2013, 10:00 am

[quote="Sin é"]Some fairly poor report on this game in Scotland.

This is one of the most amusing - apparently 2 Munster players were sinbinned for violent conduct! (No mention of the Glasgow player who was binned!)Very Happy 

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/rugby/glasgow-6-munster-16-warriors-miss-a-trick-and-allow-irish-to-treat-themselves.22522925

So accurate they could not get the score correct! Whistle 

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 29 Oct 2013, 10:05 am

Dorothy_Mantooth wrote:
Sin é wrote:Some fairly poor report on this game in Scotland.

So accurate they could not get the score correct! Whistle 
Probably still a whole lot more accurate than the first one mind.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 29 Oct 2013, 10:08 am

Munster scored another penalty in the tunnel...which the TMO had to look at first before confirming it. That's why the initial end of game score was wrong.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 30 Oct 2013, 3:39 pm

Well Murray has escaped without a ban as the Panel felt whatever he did was not a Red Card offence. No word on Niko yet AFAIK.

I just pity the poor Citing guy who had to rewatch that terrible match!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 30 Oct 2013, 3:59 pm

MrsP wrote:

I just pity the poor Citing guy who had to rewatch that terrible match!
Probably used the services of a TMO to isolate the appropriate bits.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Wed 30 Oct 2013, 4:01 pm

They left Murray off and now are discussing what the punishment should be for cannibalism. Wink 
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Wed 30 Oct 2013, 7:00 pm

Just seen this from the Warriors FaceBook page, "Niko Matawalu cleared over biting allegations at disciplinary hearing in Cardiff this evening."

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Wed 30 Oct 2013, 7:03 pm

Just beat me to it.

This can go one of two ways on here. Everyone can accept the decisions and move on. Or we can let the butthurt begin.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ButtHurt

I choose to move on.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 30 Oct 2013, 9:24 pm

I reckon DOC must taste like turnips anyway. I mean, who would actually choose to bite one? So  I'm with Cake.

Just to point out, in a totally condescending  way roysh, the Ladyboys would never have had this kinda jive goin down with  the Weegies. We love each other.  Even though we always bate 7-bells of shoite out of each other. The mutual respect is palpable. Spot the differ.  zen
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 30 Oct 2013, 10:11 pm

Just because.
No other reason.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz4HEEiJuGo

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 30 Oct 2013, 10:33 pm

PC, eh Doc?

Phookit I say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMbATaj7Il8
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 30 Oct 2013, 10:43 pm

you
my
hero

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 30 Oct 2013, 11:10 pm

GLove39 wrote:Just seen this from the Warriors FaceBook page, "Niko Matawalu cleared over biting allegations at disciplinary hearing in Cardiff this evening."
According to the Telegraph he was cleared of not deliberately biting O'Callaghan.

The Fijian attended a disciplinary hearing in Cardiff on Wednesday, where the three-man panel, made up of Roger Morris and Rhian Williams of Wales and Marco Cordelli of Italy, concluded that he had not deliberately bitten Donncha O’Callaghan. It was accepted that Matawalu’s teeth came into contact with the Ireland lock’s arm and had caused injury, but the contact was deemed accidental.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/club/10415476/Niko-Matawalu-cleared-of-biting-charge-to-Glasgow-Warriors-relief.html
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 30 Oct 2013, 11:20 pm

Sin é wrote:
GLove39 wrote:Just seen this from the Warriors FaceBook page, "Niko Matawalu cleared over biting allegations at disciplinary hearing in Cardiff this evening."
According to the Telegraph he was cleared of not deliberately biting O'Callaghan.

The Fijian attended a disciplinary hearing in Cardiff on Wednesday, where the three-man panel, made up of Roger Morris and Rhian Williams of Wales and Marco Cordelli of Italy, concluded that he had not deliberately bitten Donncha O’Callaghan. It was accepted that Matawalu’s teeth came into contact with the Ireland lock’s arm and had caused injury, but the contact was deemed accidental.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/club/10415476/Niko-Matawalu-cleared-of-biting-charge-to-Glasgow-Warriors-relief.html
A bit like Gibson and his bullshiite, it happens but he doesn't really mean it

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Wed 30 Oct 2013, 11:33 pm

In honour of my wonderful Munster friends (and Señor Gibson), here's your average night out in Glasgow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFXx2ibS8T8

I think we can all say with certainty that if any part of Donncha O’Callaghan had gone into our mouths, it would have been accidental... unless your name's Ian Davies...
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 30 Oct 2013, 11:39 pm

[quote="Sin é"][quote="GLove39"]
Sin, two Saturday's ago I came off the pitch black and blue; bloody nose, swollen ankle ligaments, stud marks on my inner thigh and mild concussion from a knee to the side of my head.
First scrum and I put my head too far forward on my prop's erse and as their prop reached for his bind caught me on the nose! If he had connected again I would have thumped him but he didn't so he gets the benefit of the doubt.
Then as I joined a ruck our second row plants his back foot firmly and drives with all his might; only problem is his foot is planted on my ankle.
Later on I cleared one of their players from the side of a ruck and we both went to the deck. As I started to get up and was half sitting half kneeling one of their players was running flat out to catch up with the play and his knee caught me flush on the side of the head. He sought me out at the next stop in play and was genuinely concerned, from his reaction I am 100% convinced it was a genuine accident.
The studs on the thigh occurred while I was at the bottom of a ruck, I think, but I have no recollection and it is as likely to have been my own team as anyone else.
What I am trying to say is that if there was any reason to believe that Matawalu had deliberately bitten DOC then he should have been banned but if there wasn't then then we should give him the benefit and get on with it. A lot of the posts are becoming far too Wendyball for my liking. (from both Munster and Glasgow folks, sad to say)

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 30 Oct 2013, 11:42 pm

ME-109 wrote:
Sin é wrote:

A bit like Gibson and his bullshiite, it happens but he doesn't really mean it
Really classless comment there LesserSchmidt. You just proved my point.

I beg you to check the Warriors v Leinster threads going back years and then get back to me.

Ye paved the way in Yurop for Ireland, but we civilised it and apologised for ye. They all understood. Everywhere we went.  Have no doubt about that me darlin.

But thanks for the begrudging respect anyway.

It must hurt deeply. In fact, I know it does.

Love you long time. guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 31 Oct 2013, 12:01 am

jimbopip wrote:
Sin é wrote:
GLove39 wrote:
Sin, two Saturday's ago I came off the pitch black and blue; bloody nose, swollen ankle ligaments, stud marks on my inner thigh and mild concussion from a knee to the side of my head.
First scrum and I put my head too far forward on my prop's erse and as their prop reached for his bind caught me on the nose! If he had connected again I would have thumped him but he didn't so he gets the benefit of the doubt.
Then as I joined a ruck our second row plants his back foot firmly and drives with all his might; only problem is his foot is planted on my ankle.
Later on I cleared one of their players from the side of a ruck and we both went to the deck. As I started to get up and was half sitting half kneeling one of their players was running flat out to catch up with the play and his knee caught me flush on the side of the head. He sought me out at the next stop in play and was genuinely concerned, from his reaction I am 100% convinced it was a genuine accident.
The studs on the thigh occurred while I was at the bottom of a ruck, I think, but I have no recollection and it is as likely to have been my own team as anyone else.
What I am trying to say is that if there was any reason to believe that Matawalu had deliberately bitten DOC then he should have been banned but if there wasn't then then we should give him the benefit and get on with it. A lot of the posts are becoming far too Wendyball for my liking. (from both Munster and Glasgow folks, sad to say)
Bop. guinness 
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 31 Oct 2013, 12:04 am

Ah Gibson you know i don't mean it, nor do i think there was anything in the Glasgow game. I was just replying in kind ( to what appeared to be Edinburgh supporters it seems).

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4O7qwQlORlM

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 31 Oct 2013, 12:27 am

Decco, you do mean it. That's why I love you.

Back at ya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPvRsLWlDXw
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 31 Oct 2013, 10:23 am

Gibbo, no wonder we love you! Thanks for the link, I am presently wallowing in the nostalgia of a day spent in the wee man's company. He was a diamond geezer, as they say in Billericay.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 05 Nov 2013, 10:41 pm

jimbopip wrote:Gibbo, no wonder we love you! Thanks for the link, I am presently wallowing in the nostalgia of a day spent in the wee man's company. He was a diamond geezer, as they say in Billericay.
There ain't 'alf been some lucky basterds Bop. Nice one man. guinness 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-H0uIH5HHQ
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7