The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bound for glory empty arena matches

+10
Hero
Adam D
Kay Fabe
theundisputedY2D2
Deleted1
Dolphin Ziggler
Dr Gregory House MD
x12x
westisbest
Mr Video Man
14 posters

Go down

bound for glory empty arena matches Empty bound for glory empty arena matches

Post by Mr Video Man Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:30 pm

this is a picture of how bad things have got for impact wrestling lately in terms of attendance (bound for glory 2013). surely impact wrestling can't carry on like this for much longer?. I have to post a url to the pictures since I cant figure out how to put the pictures individually onto this forum post. (sorry if the images don't load for you). but for those who can see the images I was just wondering how is impact wrestling still going as a company?, I know that Dixie knows some rich people but surely even they are coming round to the realization that impact wrestling cannot carry on like this for much longer?. thoughts? http://www.sescoops.com/photos-empty-arena-tna-bound-glory-2013/88982
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

bound for glory empty arena matches Empty Re: bound for glory empty arena matches

Post by westisbest Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:47 pm

Christ its like St Andrews.

As a TNA fan its sad to see so many empty seats.

There is enough talent in TNA to pull the crowds in surely.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

bound for glory empty arena matches Empty Re: bound for glory empty arena matches

Post by x12x Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:03 pm

The problem is, they're battling a company like the WWE and no matter how good they are or aren't there will always be people trying to put them down because it's kind of cool to hate TNA...I'm not too fussed myself but it's a shame when you have guys like Joe, Magnus, Daniels, Aries and Styles working for a company that seems on the way out.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:21 pm

I don't think it's cool to hate TNA, just really easy sometimes

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:26 pm

I think a lot of the time it earns the hate but there will always be a select few who refuse to give it a chance.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:33 pm

I dont think its cool to hate TNA at all. I think people would love TNA to be good. It just isnt.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:39 pm

just to add my 2 pence, I have watched impact wrestling or tna whatever people call it for years now, I think I started when kurt angle joined the company watching on youtube etc. and I have seen it go from having great matches and good storylines like for example wolfe/angle to what it is today and I have no doubt in my mind that things have been going downhill ever since Hogan and bischoff came to the company.
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:36 am

Mr Video Man wrote:just to add my 2 pence, I have watched impact wrestling or tna whatever people call it for years now, I think I started when kurt angle joined the company watching on youtube etc. and I have seen it go from having great matches and good storylines like for example wolfe/angle to what it is today and I have no doubt in my mind that things have been going downhill ever since Hogan and bischoff came to the company.
TNA actually had a very good spell that started just after Bobby Roode won the title and ended ironically when Aries (who was a massively hot property at the time) won the belt, it also coincided with the A&8's debut which was probably the bigger factor, the show quality has been slowly declining ever since, though the past few impacts have often been entertaining in there own right if I'm being fair, just the overall picture that's the problem

More worryingly for TNA than the empty seats, I've heard a very small unconfirmed report they tried to paper BFG, which means that people can't even be bothered to come for free.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Deleted1 Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:00 am

I still prefer TNA over WWE

Deleted1

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:33 am

Not sure what TNA were expecting when they booked a 13,000 seat arena, surely there are smaller arenas in San Diego they could have used? Apparently there was a crowd of 3,500-4,000 at Bound for Glory so you stick that in a 5,000 seat arena and it doesn't look so bad.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:56 am

Ahhh logic!!!

That'll never catch on in Dixieland

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:58 am

Laugh

Yeah mate I should have realised, God knows what I was thinking!

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:42 am

Hogan will claim it beat box office records anyway.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:28 am

"Bound for Glory 2013? Yeah brother, I remember it well! There was 94,000 in the Viejas Arena brother! And when I got the 827 pound Bully Ray above my head dude and slammed him to the ground brother the building shook with the sound of 98,000 screamin' Hulkamaniacs brother! And when I won the TNA World Heavyweight title for the 32nd time jack, all 106,000 of those Hulkamaniacs in the Viejas Arena rose as one brother to celebrate my 85th TNA World title reign jack! It was the greatest night in the history of professional wrestling brother!"

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:29 am

Hogan will claim it bombed on tickets because he wasn't there no doubt.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird_ccfc Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:46 pm

I think they started going belly up when they changed from the six sided ring and put in that raised entrance way thing. To me it now looks like a ripoff of wcw when they had the raised entrance and generic 4 post ring.

In my opinion When they had the six sided ring they were unique from wwe and it made them stand out abit more.
Bluebird_ccfc
Bluebird_ccfc

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:57 pm

I really don't like that raised entrance, it's been good for a few spots (Taryn Terrell's RKO to Gail Kim off it springs to mind) but otherwise it seems to hamper what the wrestlers can do. The entire area around the ring seems too narrow as well, any time a wrestler does a dive to the outside I'm waiting for them to brain themselves on the guard rail as they've no room for manoeuvre.

Is there any truth to the rumour that the raised entrance was put in so that Hulk Hogan wouldn't have to use the steps to get in / out of the ring?

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:19 pm

That was the rumour when it was brought to the Impact Zone.

Now they're on the road I assumed they were using it as they don't have a titantron, it allows all fans to see the wrestlers on their way to the ring.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:33 pm

The 6 sided ring was the worst thing ever in pro wrestling.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:48 pm

I heard that alot of the guys hated the 6 sides, as they were all trained in 4 sides, and had to adapt quickly.

TNA's had nearly 10 years to become a top dog, but they havent made it.  But the powers the be seem to think they are, hence the booking 13,000 capacity.  ROH know they couldnt fill that so they dont book them.  They should go back to the Impact zone, and start over.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down