The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Munster v Ospreys

+9
Artful_Dodger
Notch
Breadvan
KiaRose
ScarletSpiderman
SecretFly
ME-109
wayne
Jenifer McLadyboy
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Munster v Ospreys Empty Munster v Ospreys

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 01 Nov 2013, 12:24 pm

What? Top of the table clash and no thread?

FFS lads

Rob Penney has made eight changes to the Munster side that beat Glasgow last week for tomorrow night's RaboDirect PRO12 meeting with Ospreys at Thomond Park, ko 7.15pm.
Munster have been boosted by the return of Donncha O’Callaghan and James Coughlan from international duty for the top of the table clash and O’Callaghan starts while Coughlan is among the replacements.

Elsewhere in the forwards, Penney has named a completely different front-row as Dave Kilcoyne, Damien Varley and BJ Botha start with Dave Foley and Dave O’Callaghan also coming into the side. Both Foley and O’Callaghan have most recently been invovled in Munster’s British and Irish Cup campaign. Varley captains the side for the second time this season.

In the backs, exciting winger Ronan O’Mahony keeps his place and starts in his first competitive game at Thomond Park.

Ian Keatley comes back in at out-half ahead of last week’s man of the match JJ Hanrahan who moves to the replacements.

Duncan Williams starts at scrum-half and Felix Jones returns at full-back after a slight ankle sprain ruled him out of action last weekend, with Johne Murphy moving to the right wing in place of Andrew Conway who is suffering from bruised ribs.

The centre partnership of Ivan Dineen and Casey Laulala remains intact.

Corkman Duncan Casey takes his place on the bench and the hooker will be hopeful of making his first league appearance for Munster.

James Downey was not considered due to a back spasm.

Munster: Felix Jones; Johne Murphy, Casey Laulala, Ivan Dineen, Ronan O’Mahony; Ian Keatley, Duncan Williams; Dave Kilcoyne, Damien Varley Capt., BJ Botha; Donncha O’Callaghan, Dave Foley; Dave O’Callaghan, Sean Dougall, CJ Stander. Replacements: Duncan Casey, James Cronin, John Ryan, Billy Holland, James Coughlan, Cathal Sheridan, JJ Hanrahan, Cian Bohane.

The Ospreys team to face Munster at Thormond Park

The Ospreys team to face Munster at Thormond Park on Saturday 2nd November, kick off at 19.15.

15. Richard Fussell
14. Aisea Natoga
13. Jonathan Spratt (Capt)
12. Andrew Bishop
11. Ben John
10. Matthew Morgan
9. Tito Tebaldi

1. Marc Thomas
2. Scott Baldwin
3. Joe Rees
4. Lloyd Peers
5. James King
6. Joe Bearman
7. Sam Lewis
8. Morgan Allen

Replacements:
16. Matthew Dwyer
17. Nicky Smith
18. Dan Suter
19. Rhodri Hughes
20. Arthur Ellis
21. Tom Habberfield
22. Sam Davies
23. Hanno Dirksen

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Munster v Ospreys Empty Re: Munster v Ospreys

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 01 Nov 2013, 12:28 pm

If we can't have a Munster win can we have a draw lads? And none ah dem fancy yokes like bonus points.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Fri 01 Nov 2013, 12:55 pm

If anybody can honestly say that the Welsh team is not in competition with the Regions, with what is happening in this fixture they need their senses seen to, Munster are allowed back a number of players by the IRFU, Duncan Jones is injured and do the WRU allow Ryan Bevington back for this game, when we have to play Marc Thomas and have another under 20 year old on the bench. We are losing 13 first team squad members for this game, we receive less money than all other teams in the Rabo, if we get anything out of this game it will be a miracle and a testament to our coaches and team spirit.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 01 Nov 2013, 1:07 pm

Reason for no thread is that it will only get hijacked by the lulster brigade and become a borefest....there isn't even any reason to start a fight with an O's supporter....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 01 Nov 2013, 1:28 pm

First and foremost, the game schedule is a disgrace.  JJ - no chaperone - can't play.  A certain victory is tarnished by fudged Pro12 bureaucracy!

Sort it out, Pro12!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 01 Nov 2013, 1:31 pm

wayne wrote:If anybody can honestly say that the Welsh team is not in competition with the Regions, with what is happening in this fixture they need their senses seen to, Munster are allowed back a number of players by the IRFU, Duncan Jones is injured and do the WRU allow Ryan Bevington back for this game, when we have to play Marc Thomas and have another under 20 year old on the bench. We are losing 13 first team squad members for this game, we receive less money than all other teams in the Rabo, if we get anything out of this game it will be a miracle and a testament to our coaches and team spirit.  
If so...why so?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 01 Nov 2013, 1:43 pm

ME-109 wrote:Reason for no thread is that it will only get hijacked by the lulster brigade and become a borefest....there isn't even any reason to start a fight with an O's supporter....
And Leinster Gobshytes ridiculing any Province/Region that has lost less than 17 players to the national team.
Yeah. Fecken Basturds! boxing 

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 01 Nov 2013, 1:49 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
ME-109 wrote:Reason for no thread is that it will only get hijacked by the lulster brigade and become a borefest....there isn't even any reason to start a fight with an O's supporter....
And Leinster Gobshytes ridiculing any Province/Region that has lost less than 17 players to the national team.
Nice editing...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 01 Nov 2013, 1:58 pm

wayne wrote:If anybody can honestly say that the Welsh team is not in competition with the Regions, with what is happening in this fixture they need their senses seen to, Munster are allowed back a number of players by the IRFU, Duncan Jones is injured and do the WRU allow Ryan Bevington back for this game, when we have to play Marc Thomas and have another under 20 year old on the bench. We are losing 13 first team squad members for this game, we receive less money than all other teams in the Rabo, if we get anything out of this game it will be a miracle and a testament to our coaches and team spirit.  
This round of fixtures isn't so bad, as there are some players missing all the teams due to internationals. It is the fixtures on the last weekend of November (first weekend of December) that really suck because the regions are missing players but the other sides all have their players back.

That said it is a weak Ospreys side, but maybe that will work in their favour, as players will be trying their upmost to prove they should be getting more action even when the 'stars' are back?

ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Fri 01 Nov 2013, 2:30 pm

SF, you already know the 4 Welsh Regions cap is £3.5 million, because we do not receive the total TV money for the competitions that we play in, even the Scottish Regions receive more than us, the whole ploy of backing the PRL last week, was due to putting pressure on the WRU, over the Participation Agreement which is due for renewal, the last one was poorly negotiated, we didn't get a decent amount as they had us over a barrel.

SS, yes we do have a tough game on the last weekend we have Glasgow at home, and Bevington will definately be missing for this game as it is outside the IB window and Paul James will be back with Bath, that is why there is no reason for him to be missing this weekends game.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 01 Nov 2013, 2:40 pm

wayne wrote:SS, yes we do have a tough game on the last weekend we have Glasgow at home, and Bevington will definately be missing for this game as it is outside the IB window and Paul James will be back with Bath, that is why there is no reason for him to be missing this weekends game.      
Or it could be the reason for him to be missing this game, give him more time to bed in with his Team Wales team mates for that match. Give him a chance to get used to being alongside Hibbard and Adam Jones, oh hang on nevermind.

The regions do get shafted this time of the year, and IMO we don't get any gain from it either (especially seeing as there will be squad injuries and more call ups to come). That said we need to look at it as a good chance to throw our kids in at the deep end and see what they can do for us, and hope that their desire to steal the shirt from the 'stars' can make them deliver the extra 10%. I think this is a good chance for the likes of Jo Rees, Sam Lewis, and Morgan Allen to try and stake their place in the 23 for the HEC team. Also it will be a good test for Matthew Morgan to show what he can do in a more controlling way, as last weekend Biggar pretty much took that role off him.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Fri 01 Nov 2013, 2:58 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
wayne wrote:SS, yes we do have a tough game on the last weekend we have Glasgow at home, and Bevington will definately be missing for this game as it is outside the IB window and Paul James will be back with Bath, that is why there is no reason for him to be missing this weekends game.      
Or it could be the reason for him to be missing this game, give him more time to bed in with his Team Wales team mates for that match.  Give him a chance to get used to being alongside Hibbard and Adam Jones, oh hang on nevermind.

The regions do get shafted this time of the year, and IMO we don't get any gain from it either (especially seeing as there will be squad injuries and more call ups to come).  That said we need to look at it as a good chance to throw our kids in at the deep end and see what they can do for us, and hope that their desire to steal the shirt from the 'stars' can make them deliver the extra 10%.  I think this is a good chance for the likes of Jo Rees, Sam Lewis, and Morgan Allen to try and stake their place in the 23 for the HEC team.  Also it will be a good test for Matthew Morgan to show what he can do in a more controlling way, as last weekend Biggar pretty much took that role off him.
Scarlet, Marc Thomas will be propping against BJ Botha, we tried cancelling a game against Ulster a few years ago and got fined for our troubles, a man of his experience could do some serious damage to our U20 replacement, this basically all comes down to money, why did the WRU refuse us permission to play against Tonga and quote player burnout, whereas a few years earlier we played against Australia, and beat them in front of a capacity crowd, I believe Newcastle played them IIRC.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 01 Nov 2013, 3:11 pm

wayne wrote:SF, you already know the 4 Welsh Regions cap is £3.5 million, because we do not receive the total TV money for the competitions that we play in, even the Scottish Regions receive more than us, the whole ploy of backing the PRL last week, was due to putting pressure on the WRU, over the Participation Agreement which is due for renewal, the last one was poorly negotiated, we didn't get a decent amount as they had us over a barrel.

A misunderstanding... I thought you meant specifically Ospreys when you said "we get less money than anyone else in Pro12". And that obviously raised my eyebrows.... Thanks for the clarification.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Fri 01 Nov 2013, 3:46 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Jenifer

If you are going to edit another person's post, please get it right ...

And Leinster Gobshytes ridiculing any Province/Region that has lost FEWER than 17 players to the national team.

The standard of English seems to have deteriorated somewhat since I left ...Very Happy 

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat 02 Nov 2013, 1:15 pm

Ospreys team has expected. V inexperienced bench tho. Great to see Dirksen finally back from a year out injured and rehab. Hope he makes a full recovery as the guys just raw talent..
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 02 Nov 2013, 1:45 pm

Ah now, Munster have been allowed one player back! It's not that much.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sat 02 Nov 2013, 8:21 pm

6 3 to Munster on 45 mins. Not a classic it looks like.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 02 Nov 2013, 8:24 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:6 3 to Munster on 45 mins. Not a classic it looks like.

Understatement of the year...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 02 Nov 2013, 8:25 pm

I bet it is a classic compared to the Scarlets vs Ulster match.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 02 Nov 2013, 8:27 pm

Artful_Dodger wrote:I bet it is a classic compared to the Scarlets vs Ulster match.
Nope...worse...at least the Scarlets looked somewhat coordinated out of the four teams...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 02 Nov 2013, 8:33 pm

Oh God...the ineptitude of both teams and the Ref is something else....its like a Munster Junior cup game without the entertainment of the possibility of violence from either side...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 02 Nov 2013, 8:35 pm

Italians get the least do they not?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 02 Nov 2013, 8:45 pm

Thanks be to God and his holy mother....Keatley was doing my head in completely (as was Williams)

Last edited by ME-109 on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Sat 02 Nov 2013, 8:47 pm

Keatley terrible tonight no idea what to do in possession other than a dirty up and under! Jj will make a big difference here

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 02 Nov 2013, 8:50 pm

BlueMuff wrote:Keatley terrible tonight no idea what to do in possession other than a dirty up and under! Jj will make a big difference here
Once he started the little chips over the top and tried two or three in a row.....furious 

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Sat 02 Nov 2013, 8:52 pm

This is not the most exciting rugby is it? Still should help improve my cupla focal as it's on TG4.

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 02 Nov 2013, 8:57 pm

KiaRose wrote:This is not the most exciting rugby is it? Still should help improve my cupla focal as it's on TG4.
Ok Kia...try these cupla focal as gaeilge...can you fill in the blanks

Rubbish = Bruscar
Doesn't have a clue =
Rob Penney is obviously the best coach in the world
etc.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Sat 02 Nov 2013, 9:01 pm

Doesn't have a clue = nil fhios in aonchar aige
Rob P ... = ta Riobard O'Penney an ?? is fearr sa domhan

What is "coach"?

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 02 Nov 2013, 9:03 pm

Flannery has just given Varley MOTM...I suppose he had to pick someone but both Dave Foley and Ivan Dineen stood out for me. As much as anyone could actually stand out in that dross.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sat 02 Nov 2013, 9:03 pm

Artful_Dodger wrote:I bet it is a classic compared to the Scarlets vs Ulster match.
No focking way. Ulster game was a HC final compared to this.

Seriously considering self harm here.

Damien Varley just won "least sh1t player" award.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Sat 02 Nov 2013, 9:04 pm

Caoga blian o shoin do bhios sa Rinn ach bimse im chonai sa Breatain ar fud dathad bliananois agus ta a lan de mo Gaeilge dearmadta agam anois, ME.

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sat 02 Nov 2013, 9:04 pm

Don't give the Os a LBP ffs.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sat 02 Nov 2013, 9:05 pm

KiaRose wrote:Caoga blian o shoin do bhios sa Rinn ach bimse im chonai sa Breatain ar fud dathad bliananois agus ta a lan de mo Gaeilge dearmadta agam anois, ME.
Prety good for a New Zealander Wink 

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Sat 02 Nov 2013, 9:06 pm

Mise, New Zealander? Gael me fein is ni Gaill na Spannaigh .........

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 02 Nov 2013, 9:07 pm

KiaRose wrote:Caoga blian o shoin do bhios sa Rinn ach bimse im chonai sa Breatain ar fud dathad bliananois agus ta a lan de mo Gaeilge dearmadta agam anois, ME.
I would have used Banisteoir...for coach.

Cant say I am particularly up to date on the cupla focal myself...I learn it from my 10 year old.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 02 Nov 2013, 9:08 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Don't give the Os a LBP ffs.
Oh I don't know....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 02 Nov 2013, 9:10 pm

Well that's 80 mins of my life lost....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Sat 02 Nov 2013, 9:10 pm

Bainisteoir=manager. Could be coach; just looked it up oide=coach.

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sat 02 Nov 2013, 9:11 pm

Bastids!

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sat 02 Nov 2013, 9:12 pm

KiaRose wrote:Mise, New Zealander? Gael me fein is ni Gaill na Spannaigh .........
Just slagging your username

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Sat 02 Nov 2013, 9:12 pm

Well at least you didn't spendtime travelling to the game, ME ... so only 80minutes

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sat 02 Nov 2013, 9:12 pm

Sounds a bit En Zed

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Sat 02 Nov 2013, 9:14 pm

Jenifer, this was my username on the old Beeb 606 - before all those Johnny-come-latelies from the colonies arrived here

Last edited by KiaRose on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 02 Nov 2013, 9:15 pm

KiaRose wrote:Well at least you didn't spendtime travelling to the game, ME ... so only 80minutes
Quite...I only go to Musgrave park anyhow...going to Mordor and the shiny shed except on the odd occasion doesn't interest me.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Sat 02 Nov 2013, 9:19 pm

ME-109 wrote:
KiaRose wrote:Well at least you didn't spendtime travelling to the game, ME ... so only 80minutes
Quite...I only go to Musgrave park anyhow...going to Mordor and the shiny shed except on the odd occasion doesn't interest me.
Have never been to Musgrave - only Thomond.

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 02 Nov 2013, 9:24 pm

KiaRose wrote:
ME-109 wrote:
Have never been to Musgrave - only Thomond.  
Bummer...you might expand your knowledge of Munster rugby..

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Sat 02 Nov 2013, 9:32 pm

Worst match I've seen in ages. To cap it all off Munster hands the Ospreys a losing bonus point right at the end.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sat 02 Nov 2013, 9:44 pm

O'Mahoney had a reasonable game up until the brain f*rt at the end.

Old Munster would never have conceded a LBP so easily.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 02 Nov 2013, 10:07 pm

I know its hard to complain when we have just beaten Glasgow and the O's (albeit their junior team) but jeez that was turgid stuff. Its hard to put a finger on it but Williams was back to close to his worst, Keatley was clueless and besides Dineen and Foley (and to a lesser extent Stander) the rest were woeful. Varley got MOTM cos he made two breaks when even Clohessy would have made 50 metres plus had two pints and smoked a couple of fags in between.

I don't know...I hope Penney does.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 02 Nov 2013, 11:37 pm

I still get the sense Penney is trying to give as many players experience as possible, and when you're top of the league with that strategy its hard to complain- would like to see Hanrahan backed a wee bit more now but it's good to see 2 Irish 10s getting gametime, even if I think they're down the pecking order atm.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next