The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Games to Come in the AIs

+5
stub
Cyril
RubyGuby
Mad for Chelsea
bedfordwelsh
9 posters

Go down

Games to Come in the AIs Empty Games to Come in the AIs

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:30 pm

OK lets see if we can get a decent response instead of some of the usual idiots spoiling good threads.

How do people see the remaining Autumn going for your respective Countries.

Wales - For me we have had our hardest game first up and as we have done so often in the past we have come up short, I said before the start that I think we need to get 3 out of 4 as a minimum. We can't afford to lose to Argentina or Tonga and with Australia being the poorest they have been for sometime we MUST win that one.

England - Have had their two easiest test first up and now for them the biggest of all the challenges, can they finish 3 from 3 or 2 from 3, will you guys be happy with 2 from 3?

Scotland - Again their easiest game up first and a good win in the end, should all the NH be targeting Australia as the SH to currently beat will 1 from be a poor return.

Ireland - Same as above a good hit out against the physical Samoans now Australia and then New Zealand to come, what would you guys be happy with?
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Games to Come in the AIs Empty Re: Games to Come in the AIs

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:42 pm

didn't Australia stick 50 points on Italy yesterday? That (admittedly I didn't watch the game) and their last couple of games in the RC suggests that they're maybe not as bad as being made out. However, they're also clearly the most vulnerable of the SH big three.

I think for England, 2 out of 3 is just about acceptable, depending on the manner of the (hypothetical) defeat to the ABs. If we lose a tight contest having given them a good fight and played some decent stuff I won't be too distraught, though I will be disappointed. Reallistically, England should be targeting a win.

For the others, Wales really need three wins, they should beat Argentina and Tonga, but if they want to start being taken seriously as a world force they surely need to start beating the SH big guns soon, and yesterday was another chance let go in that regard.

For Ireland it's all about what direction the new coach gets the team moving in for me, rather than just the results themselves. I think two good performances and some progress shown would be a decent start, even if they were to lose the two matches.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:11 pm

(I) Wales - For me the mind set has to change in the next 3 games. Why did we stand off SA for the first 20 mins. and allow them to come on to us? Why????; it was so inevitable and we lack leadership behind the scrum. I posted last week that SA would score early on and then Wales will play catch up and lose by 10 points. It's so disappointing to see this. We just looked as if we had lead feet. I appreciate it was very very tough but can we have the intention and motivation of 15 Hibbards please. And don't start me on the lineout. 3/4 wins is required if we have enough players left.

(II) England - Too much criticism about England for me at the moment 2/2 without being convincing is a good place to be. They need to be a bit more patient IMO as they seem to want to score off first phase too much. They need to keep the ball more and go through some phases. France showed that NZ are far from invincible; England need a good start and are capable of squeezing NZ. It will however be a measure of where they are.

(III) Ireland/Scotland - Both in transition and patience is required - Performances perhaps rather than results for the rest of the AI's as they look to bring players through.

Good luck to all next week thumbsup 

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:23 pm

Hey Ruby Smile You been on a sabbatical mate?

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:30 pm

Cyril wrote:Hey Ruby :)You been on a sabbatical mate?
You could say that Cyril - 606 just doesn't do it any more for me and I have too many commitments - Nice to see you've noticed I've been away. thumbsup 

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:33 pm

1. Regarding Wales - I think they'll win (and need to win) next 3 although Aus will be tough.

2. England - same as Mad really. Could live with losing to best team in the world but need to go down fighting. Don't think it's a foregone conclusion by any stretch though.

3. Scotland - they can beat anyone. But yes, target the Australians for most likely victory. Boks will be out for blood I reckon.

4. Ireland - don't know! Great result against Samoa. They'll back themselves against anyone.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:34 pm

RubyGuby wrote:
You could say that Cyril - 606 just doesn't do it any more for me and I have too many commitments - Nice to see you've noticed I've been away. thumbsup 
Hug Nothing much has changed round here. I probably pop in too often for my own well-being.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:35 pm

RubyGuby wrote:
Missed the thumbsup amongst other things Ruby. Wondered what had become of you.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:30 pm

thumbsup There you go Stub just for you. I still pop in and look through some posts but tend not to make too many comments - About 3 since the Lions.

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:48 pm

For England winning 2/2 is good for the team but beat NZ next will be a big challenge. But hey we beat them last year so why not this year. We will see what happens.

Wales, Wales are hurting right now, they are NH champions, yet all ways come up short against the SH big three teams. They need to put this loss behind them and go for 3 wins.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:55 pm

We (Ireland) only realistically want one more win from our final two games.  Coz we're both realistic and not greedy Wink

Anyway, that means Australia will be most definitely a win target ... and therefore, if we lose to Australia, the All Blacks will have to suffice for our win instead Wink

And a How Are Ya to Ruby while I'm at it.  

Making a highly paid cameo appearance is all the rage these days on 606.
...and I'm thinking of taking another three months off when this AI season is over to put in a cameo myself around about 6N time.  Fee negotiations are at a tense stage.....

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:11 pm

Cameo!! Reminds me of a bar of soap from the 70's - Or was that Camay thumbsup 

I'm content to pass on a few words of wisdom; intellect and wit and of course they will be delivered with my usual modesty - However, I've probably overdosed on here in the past and it gets a bit stale. Still nice to pop on now and again. At least I haven't put a thread up saying I'm going!!!!! What's all that about ??????

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:20 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Cameo!! Reminds me of a bar of soap from the 70's - Or was that Camay thumbsup 

I'm content to pass on a few words of wisdom; intellect and wit and of course they will be delivered with my usual modesty - However, I've probably overdosed on here in the past and it gets a bit stale. Still nice to pop on now and again. At least I haven't put a thread up saying I'm going!!!!! What's all that about ??????
Ah, I only jest, Ruby - as in all seriousness...I'm being very serious, and for the very reasons you state.  

I was off here for a few months myself; didn't miss it - tipped in for a bite of Provincial rugby one evening and am now heavily into planning my departure again after getting dragged back far too easily!

It does get stale, and you do begin to hate the sound of your own fingers typing!.  So no,I fully understand the refreshing taste of absence.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:38 pm

France has given NZ a scare and this weeks is for sure the target for this tour for the ABs because of last year. Under those conditions its not normally the type of test the AB's are likely to lose. They'll be up for this almost as much as Ellis and Eden park but given they were somewhere in the stratosphere in terms of motivation perhaps not quite as high as that.

England have beaten the bottom 2 x RC sides, now theyre onto the top two (theyre playing the Boks as well arent they?) so to win either let alone both will be special, more so than last year.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:41 pm

Taylorman wrote:England have beaten the bottom 2 x RC sides, now theyre onto the top two (theyre playing the Boks as well arent they?) so to win either let alone both will be special, more so than last year.
Nope. England finish with New Zealand.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:47 am

Oh ok, hadnt looked. Makes this weeks all the more make or break for them though even if they lose beating Oz and Argie will be better than what most will likely achieve this series, and also the 'norm'...for AI's.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:17 am

Believe it or not England have only one more match, the AB match.  The question posed is whether we - all of us - are happy not winning all our autumn games.  Well, I don't like losing.  So I would not be happy losing to the ABs.  

England have not played well so far, so the AB test will be tougher than tough.  But then, that is why we play the game.  To play the best and to win.  So, no prediction from me, but I will be hugely annoyed if we play like the last two matches.  

The ABs are the pinnacle.  To beat them, therefore, is to reach the pinnacle.
Not placing any money, mind.  But ever hopeful.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:31 am

We didnt play too well either doc- France or Japan. Would England have beaten that French side in a manner better than we did?...Possibly (every one else has).

How they both prepare this week will be key to this match and from what Ive seen both coaches are fairly good at that.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down