The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time for us to be positive

+6
GloriousEmpire
Exiledinborders
bedfordwelsh
gavstar
RugbyFan182
welshy824 (new)
10 posters

Go down

Time for us to be positive Empty Time for us to be positive

Post by welshy824 (new) Sun 10 Nov 2013, 1:02 pm

Right, frankly us welsh all know we are slow starters in the AI's and to keep that close to SA and considering the injuries play decently enough, (Ok arguably score couldn't have been higher or lower!) but we need to be positive, Argentina do not look the same class as they did last year and England targeted their set piece well, and we all know what our set piece can do to most teams!
we need to make some changes to the team and actually support our team, they didnt play terrible, they just looked rusty and with such key injuries in the first 30 minutes then that will disrupt anyone!

looking forward to the Argentina match, assuming all injuries rule the player out of the next match (certain JD is, Likely AJ is, don't know about Andrews), these are the changes I would like to see

1) Samson Lee brought in- the kid has been on fire, and certainly has no less of a workrate than AJ around the park
2) Priestland to stay in the 23- he is getting a shed load of abuse on here but didnt play poorly, he tried different things and when he is getting slow ball from MP with two centres, who firstly aren't used to playing together, with Beck not being able to provide the go forward that, JR, JD2 or arguably Scott Williams can do from inside centre. I would however consider moving him to bench (priestland I mean)
3) Paul James in for Gethin? - I don't think Gethin had a bad game, but for a match such as SA or Argentina PJ carrying in the tight is brilliant.
4) keep rest of the pack the same- Bradley Davies was getting slated before the game for being a yellow card waiting to happen, but I thought he was actually better than his second row partner alun wyn.
5) Bring in Rhodri Williams- We need this kid to gain experience, MP is getting no younger and we need some depth, and while Lloyd Williams is nowhere near as bad as people make out, Williams looks to potentially be something special!

Now in Regards to the Backline, we cant take too much out of that game considering the changes/injuries, however one thing for certain is we need more penetration. for me we have two options.
1) Move North into the midfield- Personally I am against this as while he needs to get involved in the game more we have as little depth in the wings as we do centre, so we are papering over cracks!
2) the other option is to bring in either Corey Allen or Owen Williams- both considering there age have played well, and Corey Allen especially considering this is his first proper pro season, has stepped up to HC level really well, also having seen him in Cardiff yesterday he isint exactly a small guy so he could potentially offer what JR does, along with maybe a bit more footballing skills.

option 2 I favour, and while the centre partnership will not be the same class as our usual one, Scott Williams is arguably the form welsh centre in the Rabo and the blues boys both have potential, so we need to have faith!!

Overall lets stop being so down, we are welsh and we back our team all the way, 2013 hasn't been a bad year for us so far, and I am sure the boys will restore our faith!!!
BELIEVE!!!!!

welshy824 (new)

Back to top Go down

Time for us to be positive Empty Re: Time for us to be positive

Post by RugbyFan182 Sun 10 Nov 2013, 1:17 pm

Argentina are best described a beefed up Italy on form even when they are playing bad. Always thought of them this way. Seen some of the game yesterday. SA are the 2nd best team in the world and they were on form. I felt wales didn't play badly but, they could be a little tighter in defense. It kinda made SA look better than they were(no discredit to SA) All being said I expect them(wales) to bounce back and have a good win next week. BELIEVE!!....from an Irish Fan.

RugbyFan182

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Nov 2013, 1:28 pm

@simonrug: Scarlets props Samson Lee and Rhodri Jones and Dragons backs Hallam Amos and Tom Prydie have been called up to train with injury-hit Wales.

Good.

Back to top Go down

Post by gavstar Sun 10 Nov 2013, 3:19 pm

welshy, rp's out of hand kicking was awful.

he was indecisive and shipped two hospital passed signalling panic. not good.

i am being positive, play biggar

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 10 Nov 2013, 3:20 pm

Rev,

I would have called up Dan Evans above Amos, he was so much sharper and safer against Leinster.

I am not down beat about the result as in all honesty I didn't think we would win, for me we have to win the next 3 to questions asked.

I am worried baout the injuries now though especially JD as I don't know what centre partnership I would pick now.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Nov 2013, 3:39 pm

I thought we did well to keep the score close considering the injuries, but that backline play reminded me of Wales pre world cup, where we went side to side and not going anywhere.

Not a mention of James Hook's abysmal performance at fullback once again? No communication with Faletau when he was about to catch the high ball and knocking on, throwing wild hail mary passes, making the wrong decision time and time again.

Hopefully Liam Williams will be fit to play if not Prydie is the man we should bring in, we need to develop players at this level in their positions, not patch them up with James Hook.

Beck offered nothing in attack, hes not at his best of 2 seasons ago so play a centre who is on form like Owen Williams or move North to 13 and keep Scott at 12.

Back to top Go down

Post by Exiledinborders Sun 10 Nov 2013, 4:21 pm

welshy824 (new) wrote:Right, frankly us welsh all know we are slow starters in the AI's....
If last year is anything to go by you are slow finishers as well!

Exiledinborders

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 10 Nov 2013, 4:22 pm

Iron,

Beck has never done it for me and Hook at XV is a nightmare yet he has been playing very well there for Perp according to reports.

I really don't know what the answer is in the centre now as whoever we play there (Hook aside) is untried.

Maybe it is time to give North a crack there then use Prydie on the wing alomg with Li Williams who hopefully will be fit.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Nov 2013, 5:05 pm

I feel really gutted for JD, I thought he and Williams were working very well in the first 15 minutes.

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 10 Nov 2013, 5:08 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:Iron,

Beck has never done it for me and Hook at XV is a nightmare yet he has been playing very well there for Perp according to reports.

I really don't know what the answer is in the centre now as whoever we play there (Hook aside) is untried.

Maybe it is time to give North a crack there then use Prydie on the wing alomg with Li Williams who hopefully will be fit.
May try BoD in the centre? Whistle 

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 10 Nov 2013, 5:09 pm

I think you're giving your lads too hard a time. They composed most of the Lions team and really backed up a 6N victory with a Lions series, club rugby and now have a bunch of internationals to play? They can't be up all year. Perhaps the Lions tour just took it out of the them, whilst other nations benefited from the rest?

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun 10 Nov 2013, 5:25 pm

GE, I think it's just the frustration for Welsh fans is that they can't quite get over the line (try- and point-wise) against SA.

The Aussie game is massive. I'm tipping them to do it in style.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 10 Nov 2013, 5:42 pm

I'm not. With a first choice front row I'd pick them to demolish Australia with the choking game they used to decimate England. But with AJ out and a sudden mid-field crisis, I think Australia will roll them again.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Nov 2013, 6:13 pm

GE, whilst it's a lot to ask of a young prop (maybe), I do think if we get a front row of James, Hibbard and Lee v Oz, I'd be happy. Just need Samson Lee to have a good week in training (that Gatland likes) in the week before and Wales are in business.

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 10 Nov 2013, 6:43 pm

I'm basing it on the trend for reputational refereeing were seeing. Young prop = penalties. Just a theory in testing. No need to go ape. Anyone.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun 10 Nov 2013, 6:44 pm

Nobody is going monkey 

Yet.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 10 Nov 2013, 6:59 pm

My bet is Menzies rant has some effect at HQ. didn't see the Italy game. Any dice for the scrum there?

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 10 Nov 2013, 7:27 pm

GE,

Least BOD might get selected no JD out hehe.

Cyril,

I agree with you on the Oz game, for me thats the one we have to win. I always said the Boks would have to much for us and the Aussies are as poor as I have seen them for a long long time, though that doesn't mean its a gimme.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 10 Nov 2013, 8:18 pm

welshy824 (new) wrote:

Now in Regards to the Backline, we cant take too much out of that game considering the changes/injuries, however one thing for certain is we need more penetration. for me we have two options.
Phillips is the issue. a SH who can pass quickly and accuratly would be a great help. That and allow 1/2p to counter attack

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 10 Nov 2013, 9:14 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:GE,

Least BOD might get selected no JD out hehe.
True. Very true.  Every cloud has a silver lining and BOD now does have a clear pathway onto the Welsh side to finally prove himself to Sir Gats.  If Gats still doesn't pick him, then you can be certain there was bad blood between them all along; which isn't helpful to Welsh rugby.  Let bygones be bygones, as Keith Wood would say.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Sun 10 Nov 2013, 10:14 pm

I have been positive all along, i said South Africa will win comfortably in the end.they are a step above us.
I also know we will beat Argentina and Tonga,
the mental test will come in the shape of Australia! will we beat them?

DeludedOptimistorjustDave

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 (new) Sun 10 Nov 2013, 10:53 pm

if we don't beat Australia i swear no one will want to come near me for next week, i will be seriously peed off

welshy824 (new)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down