The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Tiger Woods.......................

3 posters

Go down

Can Tiger Woods....................... Empty Can Tiger Woods.......................

Post by McLaren Mon 16 May 2011, 1:07 pm

PGA tour 2012 ruin your real life swing? This game looks great, has the masters and some other great venues and I am thinking of getting it for the Wii. Now I have the 2009 version and very much liked it but played that version mainly in the winter so no chance of interfering with my real swing. I am worried if I buy this I will have to master two swings and negatively impact on my real life game, has anyone got any experience of this happening?

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Can Tiger Woods....................... Empty Re: Can Tiger Woods.......................

Post by Lairdy Mon 16 May 2011, 2:40 pm

I found the previous version of TW on the wii, along with wii motion, infuriating. A full 'real' swing would always result in a hook. I found that a very flat right hand only swing worked best in the end....????

I suppose it could effect your real swing. Your real grip can effect your whole swing so I imagine spending hours playing TW gripping the Wii remote would start to impact your real swing. Cant imagine it would be good for maintaining correct posture as things like that would tend to slip if you arent playing real golf.

Lairdy

Back to top Go down

Can Tiger Woods....................... Empty Re: Can Tiger Woods.......................

Post by Nay Mon 16 May 2011, 8:13 pm

Due to the Wii's motion sensor it only recognises certain movements in relatively basic terms and not mirror movements , You will find that because of this a full golf swing should not give you the best results when hitting the ball, so should not affect your golf swing.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 18 May 2011, 11:05 am

Thanks Nay bother, Only worry is I end up with a short choppy swing in real life.

Like those old guys you see who don't swing past hip height.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down