The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which historical figure would you like to play a round with?

+16
lorus59
BlueCoverman
1GrumpyGolfer
westisbest
Roller_Coaster
MontysMerkin
golfermartin
Bob_the_Job
McLaren
navyblueshorts
super_realist
pedro
George1507
Hibbz
mystiroakey
incontinentia
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Which historical figure would you like to play a round with? Empty Which historical figure would you like to play a round with?

Post by incontinentia Thu 14 Nov 2013, 5:35 pm

There are so many to choose from but I think I would like to go 18 holes with Jesus. Granted he would probably get 18 holes in one, but I would like to play with him mainly to see what all the fuss is about. It would be fun in the bar after too changing water to wine and whatnot.

If JC was busy I would probably call up Leonardo da Vinci or Gengis Khan.

How about you?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Which historical figure would you like to play a round with? Empty Re: Which historical figure would you like to play a round with?

Post by mystiroakey Thu 14 Nov 2013, 5:37 pm

Are you trying to reel SR in???

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Which historical figure would you like to play a round with? Empty Re: Which historical figure would you like to play a round with?

Post by Hibbz Thu 14 Nov 2013, 6:45 pm

How about Pythagoras to see if he could help with reading the greens?

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by George1507 Thu 14 Nov 2013, 7:46 pm

Mary Queen of Scots.

Apparently she was a good player, drank in the Golf Tavern at Bruntsfield and didn't care for John Knox.

All good in my book. I'd advise her to stay well clear of her headcase cousin in the south and all.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 14 Nov 2013, 8:47 pm

Incon, I think JC would have a hard time beating Kim
Jong Il who reportedly once had 11 holes-in-one in a 38-under par round of 34.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-12-20/golf-world-mourns-kim-jong-il/3739452

Adolf H could be good fun playing with, especially experiencing him constantly losing his temper after repeatedly shanking the ball OOB. And then posting it on Youtube afterwards.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 14 Nov 2013, 9:07 pm

pedro wrote:Incon, I think JC would have a hard time beating Kim

Adolf H could be good fun playing with, especially experiencing him constantly losing his temper after repeatedly shanking the ball OOB. And then posting it on Youtube afterwards.
Not to mention his two shots in the bunker...........i'll get my coat.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 14 Nov 2013, 10:36 pm

super_realist wrote:

Speaking about applying a two shot penalty on yourself.... What's Tiger up to these days? drumroll

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 15 Nov 2013, 9:38 am

super_realist wrote:

Laugh Very good.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 15 Nov 2013, 11:29 am

I would like to play a round with princess Diana. She just seemed like such a wonderful person.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 15 Nov 2013, 11:31 am

McLaren wrote:I would like to play a round with princess Diana.  She just seemed like such a wonderful person.
Now I know you're trolling. Next you'll suggest Mother Theresa was a good person.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Nov 2013, 11:31 am

Why would you want to play golf with a women that cant play the game?

Why not just have a tea party with her instead?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 15 Nov 2013, 11:33 am

mystiroakey wrote:Why would you want to play golf with a women that cant play the game?

Why not just have a tea party with her instead?

The fake grief around when she died was hilarious.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Nov 2013, 11:36 am

I have never understood the royal thing.

I am not anti in the slightest. But they are just people

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Fri 15 Nov 2013, 11:39 am

Vlad the Impaler. I'd imagine we'd get called through a lot, well after the first time it didn't happen anyway.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 15 Nov 2013, 11:41 am

Do you think every emotion is fake souper?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Fri 15 Nov 2013, 11:54 am

King Midas - I could end up with solid gold clubs. Just mustn't shake his hand at the end!!

Or Moses cos each time I hit it in the water, he could part the waves and I could get my ball back.

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:14 pm

incontinentia wrote:Do you think every emotion is fake souper?
When it comes to media contrived offence and fake mourning in regards to Diana, then yes, I do.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:17 pm

And yet your emotion in disgust of things like that is very real

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:18 pm

mystiroakey wrote:And yet your emotion in disgust of things like that is very real
Not disgust, just incredulity at peoples stupidity and lack of honesty.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:20 pm

golfermartin wrote:King Midas - I could end up with solid gold clubs.
wonder what the swingweight would be on those bad boys?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:31 pm

Its just human nature SR, some people have an attachment to certain people they dont know.

Its not dishonsety on the whole..

And if it is they are being dishonest they are saying it for a social reason..

Last edited by mystiroakey on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:33 pm

How easily led people are. The suggestible, vacuous and downright misled then. How about that?

It's not remotely human nature to grieve for people they don't know. However certain people make it their business to grieve for people they don't know. All down to her notoriety, which is as vacuous and shallow as it gets.

Last edited by super_realist on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:34 pm

misled by what and whom?

give examples

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:36 pm

If you are just talking about Diana, then I have no idea what she did or was supposed to have done. All that goes/went over my head

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:37 pm

Mmm, well all the media for a start whipping up a frenzy about the whole thing, generating a "permission" to grieve, the lack of carrying on as normal, public holiday, you don't have to look very far.

Watch Christopher Hitchens Diana: The Mourning After if you want to see just how pathetic these "mourners" were.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:38 pm

But I am sure she did some good around the world..

The fact people use there fame in a positive way isn't something to be sniffed at..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:41 pm

mystiroakey wrote:But I am sure she did some good around the world..

The fact people use there fame in a positive way isn't something to be sniffed at..
And that is a reason for a national mourning is it?
The whole thing was laughable and very embarrassing on a national scale. Almost like the fake mourning you see in North Korea or ex soviet states.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:42 pm

mystiroakey wrote:But I am sure she did some good around the world..

Well if you need someone to sniff at something, consulting mr sniffy mcsniffington is the right way to go.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:43 pm

where was the national mourning?

Everyone carried on as normal from what i could remeber

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:43 pm

SR you really take these things way to seriously dude. Thats all i can say..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:46 pm

incontinentia wrote:
Heavy and the shafts would probably bend a bit too

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 15 Nov 2013, 1:00 pm

In my opinion the national mourning for Diana was understandable. Even though most of the ordinary joe soaps who were crying for her had never met the woman, her public persona seemed genuine i.e. a kind hearted lady who had the misfortune to marry into the royal family and the circus that comes along with it. Her charity work was surely not just a PR stunt, but I believe she genuinely cared about the less fortunate of the world and used her profile to help them. And in return she was hounded by the parasitic media who eventually caused her death. and super I think your ire would be better directed at the paparazzi who photographed her dying moments instead of trying to help her.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 15 Nov 2013, 1:06 pm

Not really, I had to buy a new car after that, my white Fiat Uno was ruined.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri 15 Nov 2013, 1:14 pm

golfermartin wrote:
incontinentia wrote:
Heavy and the shafts would probably bend a bit too
Still wouldn't stop TM issuing an updated set in 3 months...

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 15 Nov 2013, 1:14 pm

mystiroakey wrote:SR you really take these things way to seriously dude. Thats all i can say..
To true.

Back on the subject, my choice would be BOD, seems like a great bloke and am a big fan of his.
Talented player he was.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Nov 2013, 1:16 pm

Does any one know One Diana Mourner?

All i want is one from one person on this forum!

He compares it to a North Korea situation!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 15 Nov 2013, 1:20 pm

Didn't you see all the people lining the streets in London almost drowning in flowers, all the events which had to be cancelled, all the disruption to programming and media?

You could say the same about bible bashers, very few on this board but doesn't mean there aren't droves of the idiots in the UK.

ANyway, she seemed like a half witted fairly unpleasant slapper, so I'm glad no one on this bored admits to "mourning"

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 15 Nov 2013, 1:21 pm

oops didnt read the title correctly.

well in rugby terms he's historical.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Nov 2013, 1:22 pm

super_realist wrote:Didn't you see all the people lining the streets in London almost drowning in flowers, all the events which had to be cancelled, all the disruption to programming and media?

You could say the same about bible bashers, very few on this board but doesn't mean there aren't droves of the idiots in the UK.

ANyway, she seemed like a half witted fairly unpleasant slapper, so I'm glad no one on this bored admits to "mourning"
No.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 15 Nov 2013, 1:22 pm

i know several mysti, female friends and relatives.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Nov 2013, 1:23 pm

compare it to Elvis or lennon or whatever- but not a communist regime

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 15 Nov 2013, 1:24 pm

Why not, the media almost implored you to show grief.
As for that Elton John song. Biggest load of drivel I've ever heard outside of x factor. Why is that git so popular?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Nov 2013, 1:28 pm

You take so much false offence about these things- you have to put on you same extremist level as the mourners tbh.

The majority of the country just didnt give a feick and still dont./ We all just carried on as normal. We were not forced into anything

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Fri 15 Nov 2013, 1:29 pm

Watch your blood pressure! You'll be dead before you get to 19 at this rate!
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 15 Nov 2013, 1:32 pm

Ha ha, False Offence. I'm not taking offence, just incredulous to how retarded a very large proportion of the worlds populous is.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Nov 2013, 1:34 pm

there are more religious than diana mourners

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 15 Nov 2013, 1:35 pm

Indeed, but all stupid, and both irrational

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Fri 15 Nov 2013, 1:37 pm

If we're going with fictional characters I would want Hiro Nakamura (from Heroes) because if I happen to hit an errant shot he could stop time and then fetch my ball and place it in a better spot than it landed in. You could also practice putts to get the line and then hole out everytime for a great score.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Nov 2013, 1:42 pm

Fictional characters

Al from Deadwood
Sherlock( from 'sherlock')
Bill the Butcher from Gangs of New york
Tom cruises character in Magnolia

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri 15 Nov 2013, 1:42 pm

I see the parallels from the SR perspective and kind of share the "so what" type viewpoint on Diana myself but do accept many people were actually upset.

I believe the communist mourning involves a lot of forced queued up coffin touching and so fake. But let's not forget that to many of the people in these states the leader is revered almost as a demi god (whether that be due to propaganda or not) and so many there too may genuinely be/have been mourning. No-one made anyone line the streets here so there will definitely have been mourners interspersed with a lot of people that went merely to say I was there or to be a part of something.

FWIW - I'd like to have watched or even refereed a Hitler/Churchill or a Kennedy/Kruschev matchplay but for me to play with possibly Jesse Owens.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next