The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which historical figure would you like to play a round with?

+16
lorus59
BlueCoverman
1GrumpyGolfer
westisbest
Roller_Coaster
MontysMerkin
golfermartin
Bob_the_Job
McLaren
navyblueshorts
super_realist
pedro
George1507
Hibbz
mystiroakey
incontinentia
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Which historical figure would you like to play a round with? - Page 2 Empty Which historical figure would you like to play a round with?

Post by incontinentia Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:35 am

First topic message reminder :

There are so many to choose from but I think I would like to go 18 holes with Jesus. Granted he would probably get 18 holes in one, but I would like to play with him mainly to see what all the fuss is about. It would be fun in the bar after too changing water to wine and whatnot.

If JC was busy I would probably call up Leonardo da Vinci or Gengis Khan.

How about you?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Which historical figure would you like to play a round with? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which historical figure would you like to play a round with?

Post by super_realist Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:45 am

I'll be genuinely upset if someone I know dies, if someone who happens to be a well known figure, and who seemed a good and decent person dies, then I'll think "that's a shame" and I'll get on with it.

You have to question the lengths some of these other people go to when they are wailing on the streets and buying up every lily in sight.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Which historical figure would you like to play a round with? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which historical figure would you like to play a round with?

Post by Bob_the_Job Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:49 am

westisbest wrote:oops didnt read the title correctly.

well in rugby terms he's historical.

Err he turned out for Ireland last Saturday actually.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:50 am

super_realist wrote:Anyway, she seemed like a half witted fairly unpleasant slapper

Christ super if you think that Di was a slapper you obviously haven't had a night out in Essex lately! Laugh

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:51 am

Perhaps I should get down there Blue.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:51 am

Good point blue Wink

And if you think Essex is bad- try Newcastle !!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:52 am

super_realist wrote:Perhaps I should get down there Blue.
There are many places closer to you that are full of them dude!!

Essex is actually pretty tame to some northern places!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:52 am

When Diana died, I was working round the corner from Buckingham Palace and on the Monday lunchtime I took a walk over there. It was a really eerie feeling. The atmosphere was tangible. I also took my wife to see the flowers at Kensington Palace.
We didn't leave any messages or flowers or anything
There I'm "outed"

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:54 am

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:if I happen to hit an errant shot

Don't you mean 'when' and not 'if' Grumps? Wink

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:54 am

Bob_the_Job wrote:

Still, technically historical though. Plus it means there's an outside chance of a game happening too.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:55 am

golfermartin wrote:..I also took my wife to see the flowers at Kensington Palace..."
Cheapskate - least you could have done was buy her a bunch for her birthday.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:57 am

golfermartin wrote:When Diana died, I was working round the corner from Buckingham Palace and on the Monday lunchtime I took a walk over there. It was a really eerie feeling. The atmosphere was tangible. I also took my wife to see the flowers at Kensington Palace.
We didn't leave any messages or flowers or anything
There I'm "outed"
That is not what I would describe as a mourner.. You haven't really outed yourself at all. Come on tell us the truth- the weeks of tears, the not being able to get out of bed and all that

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:57 am

You should have stolen some.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:58 am

I guess the biggest factor in grieving for someone is that you will miss them not being around any more. Should that be a loved one, a celebrity or even a pet. I guess the paparazzi grieved for Diana more than most.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:58 am

Bob_the_Job wrote:

I realise that, I was referring to his age.
Quit old to still be playing at international level at 34/35.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:59 am

super_realist wrote:get down there

You're getting the idea, that's the only chat up line you need in Essex super! Yahoo

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:59 am

lorus59 wrote:I guess the biggest factor in grieving for someone is that you will miss them not being around any more. Should that be a loved one, a celebrity or even a pet. I guess the paparazzi grieved for Diana more than most.
Would think the Daily Mail loved it. SOmething to add to headlines other than House Prices and Immigrants.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:00 am

super_realist wrote:I'll be genuinely upset if someone I know dies, if someone who happens to be a well known figure, and who seemed a good and decent person dies, then I'll think "that's a shame" and I'll get on with it. You have to question the lengths some of these other people go to when they are wailing on the streets and buying up every lily in sight.
I'm the same.

I would have to agree with the second part.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:01 am

They loved it but obviously hated it at the same time,

They had lost a massive on going news worthy celebrity in her demise..

Its not surprising they milked it.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:02 am

westisbest wrote:
super_realist wrote:I'll be genuinely upset if someone I know dies, if someone who happens to be a well known figure, and who seemed a good and decent person dies, then I'll think "that's a shame" and I'll get on with it. You have to question the lengths some of these other people go to when they are wailing on the streets and buying up every lily in sight.
I'm the same.

Almost everyone feels that way. That is what SR cant understand, he sees a few hundred mourners and thinks its the way most people think

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:02 am

They still are Oakey. They've made a fortune out of her death. Must be rubbing their hands.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:04 am

mystiroakey wrote:
westisbest wrote:
I'm the same.

Almost everyone feels that way. That is what SR cant understand, he sees a few hundred mourners and thinks its the way most people think
More than a million of the sad cases lined London's streets on that day. Countless more no doubt were weeping into their commerative china on the day.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:05 am

a million- what a load of tosh- there are millions in london every day- they would have just popped out of the office

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:07 am

The Cardiff City fans didn't do much mourning for Di. The Saturday after she died there was a minutes silence before all football league games. Cardiff were playing at Colchester that day and when the referee blew his whistle for the minutes silence to start they sang:-

"You can poke your Royal Family up your arse, you can poke your Royal Family up your arse..."

The ref let it go for about 10 seconds and then had to blow his whistle. It was the only ground in the country where the minutes silence was not respected. I guess the fact that she was the Princess of Wales was lost on those morons...

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:11 am

BlueCoverman wrote:The Cardiff City fans didn't do much mourning for Di. The Saturday after she died there was a minutes silence before all football league games. Cardiff were playing at Colchester that day and when the referee blew his whistle for the minutes silence to start they sang:-

"You can poke your Royal Family up your arse, you can poke your Royal Family up your arse..."

The ref let it go for about 10 seconds and then had to blow his whistle. It was the only ground in the country where the minutes silence was not respected. I guess the fact that she was the Princess of Wales was lost on those morons...
I don't think they are morons necessarily. THere is no reason for anyone to show respect to her, certainly no reason for football fans to show respect, it's a little distasteful, but it's not remotely like breaking the silence on Rememberance Sunday for instance.

ONe woman dies, big deal, no need for a minutes silence anywhere.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:13 am

BlueCoverman wrote:
1GrumpyGolfer wrote:if I happen to hit an errant shot

Don't you mean 'when' and not 'if' Grumps? Wink
Oi, I can hit the odd good one and I'm talking about the one that's going to disappear never to be seen again. raspberry

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:14 am

Its only people like you SR that keep her memory going!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:19 am

What about a 3 ball with Robert Bruce & William Wallace? It would be interesting to watch one smash driver after driver off the tee, 3 woods in the rough out the trees and over water attempted glory shots while the other carefully plotted his way round with irons off the tee for position.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:32 am

super- why the synthetic offence against Di mourners? you are not directly affected by these people's actions so your fake outrage is retarded, vacuous, suggestible and, quite frankly, laughable.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:32 am

OK.... I hate slow play, so I got no interest in showing some historic "newbie" (with the exception noted below) around the course for 18 holes. That leaves it to an "historic golfer". Morris (either), Vardon or Hagen works for me.

Exception: If it's gonna be a newbie and a 6 hour round... what go back in history? I'll take Kate Upton for 18 holes right now. At least she shows some interest in the game, and I'm sure there's gotta be SOMETHING I can teach her... or vice versa.

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:33 am

incontinentia wrote:super- why the synthetic offence against Di mourners? you are not directly affected by these people's actions so your fake outrage is retarded, vacuous, suggestible and, quite frankly, laughable.
Zip it Maris Piper nibbler Run

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:40 am

I want Sr to post something UNGRUMPY FOR ONCE!

JUST ONE THING THATS ALL.. Hug 

And I bet the day he does that he will go out and get laid..Its all about the aura

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:42 am

I can imagine him meeting up with a bird and going off like this.. He would last 3 mins..

Women think differently- rightly or wrongly they dont get turned on by conversations about false mourning! Its part of there weaponary!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:43 am

I doubt they'd be remotely interested in anything anyone has ever posted on these boards.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:44 am

Oh so you do act slightly differently out and about then SR?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:50 am

I expect everyone does. If we all talked about golf all day none of us would ever get our legs over.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:51 am

when do we ever talk about golf?(20% of the time maybe!!)

and many women have no issue with golf at all. Thats all in your head!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:53 am

Judging by the women I've seen around golf courses I'm happy to not bother with any of them.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:20 am

We were blessed at my club- we had 3 stunners at junior level when i was also a junior

1 actually became a pro

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:23 am

which historical figure would you like to golf with super?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:25 am

Anyone that would give him head devil 

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:30 am

Seems to me that some of you wouldn't be out of place with this lot ..    

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2505618/University-Stirlings-hockey-club-video-singing-sexist-song-giving-Nazi-salutes.html

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:31 am

Quoting a dailymail article Gael.

That isn't going to do the fairer sex any favours is it!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:34 am

mystiroakey wrote:We were blessed at my club- we had 3 stunners at junior level when i was also a junior

1 actually became a pro
-fessional golfer I assume and not -stitute!

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:35 am

LOL yes!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:39 am

mystiroakey wrote:Anyone that would give him head devil 
Anne Boleyn?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:44 am

mystiroakey wrote:Quoting a dailymail article Gael.

That isn't going to do the fairer sex any favours is it!

http://www.scotsman.com/news/dani-garavelli-singing-a-song-of-sexism-1-3187535

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:15 am

McLaren wrote:I would like to play a round with princess Diana.  She just seemed like such a wonderful person.
vomit I'm with S_R. That has to be a wind-up.

Bob_the_Job wrote:Vlad the Impaler. I'd imagine we'd get called through a lot, well after the first time it didn't happen anyway.
LaughOK 

super_realist wrote:Not really, I had to buy a new car after that, my white Fiat Uno was ruined.
Laugh Nearly spat my coffee all over the keyboard! Now I'll leave work smiling...

As for historical characters, might have to be 'religious' figures. Jesus and Mohammed(sp?) - might be interesting to see what they actually might have said. Others might include Julius Caesar, Einstein, Alexander etc. Ernest Shakleton or Scott. Nelson. Some of the prominent U.S. Founding Fathers maybe.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:38 am

to be honest i was a bit upset when Steve Irwin died.

Great entertainment.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:22 am

mystiroakey wrote:Anyone that would give him head devil 
Di?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunky Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:08 am

super_realist wrote:Judging by the women I've seen around golf courses I'm happy to not bother with any of them.
...and a huge sigh of relief just went up from women golfers everywhere ...  kiss

Plunky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next