The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Record Set Straight

+29
Luckless Pedestrian
Breadvan
Biltong
Nachos Jones
Sgt_Pooly
aucklandlaurie
gregortree
Cyril
Exiledinborders
englandglory4ever
No 7&1/2
butterfingers
TJ
Cowshot
Scratch
fa0019
PJHolybloke
quinsforever
Jhamer25
Hood83
tigerleghorn
Heaf
kiakahaaotearoa
nathan
mystiroakey
Geordie
Mr Bounce
GloriousEmpire
33 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Record Set Straight - Page 3 Empty Record Set Straight

Post by GloriousEmpire Sat 16 Nov 2013, 5:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Let's face reality.

Lancaster's England are hugely one dimensional. Build in the model of Woodward's 2003 team, they come straight and hard and without subtlety.

The Backline is plodding at best and rely on recycled quick ball to maintain linear momentum.

Last year a sick All Blacks team weren't up to the physical challenge of the relentless direct approach.

This year, despite fatigue they proved a fit All Blacks team have the muscle to repel the overwhelming route one approach and the finesse to take the chances and score enough tries to win.

For England now a huge challenge. Can they get even *more* physical? Or do they have to change direction totally and look to build a team with more to offer?

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Record Set Straight - Page 3 Empty Re: Record Set Straight

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 17 Nov 2013, 3:55 pm

I just did, right?

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 17 Nov 2013, 3:57 pm

yes and you wont turn up!

so go figure

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 17 Nov 2013, 3:58 pm

Ah whatever you say. We can discuss how wrong you are about it on Wednesday.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 17 Nov 2013, 4:04 pm

Yes we can if you log on

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sun 17 Nov 2013, 4:08 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
GloriousEmpire wrote:I'll bring some flash cards for TJ. One with a pint on it. One with a picture of an ape urinating on his own feet for when he's had too many pints. Possibly one with a fist and a broken glass for after the twelf time he's shown the pint card...

That comment tells me pretty clearly that you wont turn up..

You dont know who these people are mate.. Yes I am pretty 100% almost everyone is a decent bloke IRL.. BUt you wouldn't have to balls to say that to someone you are about to meet- that glass will be wrapped around your head mate
or he knows TJ is i) safely north of the border and ii) has taken the Hippocratic oath

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sun 17 Nov 2013, 4:09 pm

i'll talk to the pub and see if they can get those plastic glasses in, just in case Wink

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Sun 17 Nov 2013, 4:54 pm

GloriousEmpire wrote:I'll bring some flash cards for TJ. One with a pint on it. One with a picture of an ape urinating on his own feet for when he's had three. Possibly one with a fist and a broken glass for after the twelf time he's shown the pint card...
If ever there was a defining post by a suspected troll then this is surely it.

A little insignificant bloke using the anonymity of the internet to shout way above his normally unnoticed self.....sad ghost picard 

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:19 pm

GE
A legend in his own mind.

".....the most dominant poster in the history of 606v2 rugby"

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:37 pm

I expect the old men of Nz will enjoy their sabbaticals. God knows they need them.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:53 pm

GloriousEmpire wrote:I'll bring some flash cards for TJ. One with a pint on it. One with a picture of an ape urinating on his own feet for when he's had three. Possibly one with a fist and a broken glass for after the twelf time he's shown the pint card...
GE:

Im the last one to back off or down when its flying, and as a brother Kiwi I will always support you in all reasonable/knowledgable founded discussion (which you often promote) involving the ABs and our New Zealand way of living rugby, but with this last post the best way I can support you is to respectfully suggest that maybe you should consider withdrawing the post, a short apology and move back to the rugby.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:58 pm

Yeah alright Laurie. Maybe tj's 27 posts of apes and thumbs down for two straight hours got to me.

Sorry TJ. Apologies all.

Suspect you're reading it the wrong way around. I meant TJ might glass
Me after we'd had a lot to drink and I said something provocative. What whatever. I apologise.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 17 Nov 2013, 6:02 pm

Good article actually for once.

I agree with the OP, we lack any kind of flair in the backline and if we can't outmuscle teams up front offer little else

To move to the next level (SA & NZ) we need to build a backline that can actually threaten teams with ball in hand.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 17 Nov 2013, 6:07 pm

GloriousEmpire wrote:Yeah alright Laurie. Maybe tj's 27 posts of apes and thumbs down for two straight hours got to me.

Sorry TJ. Apologies all.

Me after we'd had a lot to drink and I said something provocative. What whatever. I apologise.
Nope - you are a nasty troll who spoils this forum. Apology not accepted. You are not even a good troll. Please just go away . Did I get under your skin pointing out your childish trolls? Boo hoo. Now you know what you do to many posters on this forum

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Sun 17 Nov 2013, 6:11 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
GE:

Im the last one to back off or down when its flying, and as a brother Kiwi I will always support you in all reasonable/knowledgable  founded discussion (which you often promote) involving the ABs and our New Zealand way of living rugby, but with this last post the best way I can support you is to respectfully suggest that maybe you should consider withdrawing the post, a short apology and move back to the rugby.

I'm sure your disapproval as "a brother Kiwi" is appreciated. Do you think an English fan posting wum after wum with ever increasing venom and disrespect to the hosts would be tolerated on a NZ Rugby forum?

I know characters are needed to keep the traffic up but his one dimensional England bashing is upsetting English fans with those unaffected smiling whilst sucking on a slightly disapproving tooth. If more than just the English were on the receiving end I suspect he'd be long gone!

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun 17 Nov 2013, 6:13 pm

TJ wrote:
GloriousEmpire wrote:Yeah alright Laurie. Maybe tj's 27 posts of apes and thumbs down for two straight hours got to me.

Sorry TJ. Apologies all.

Nope - you are a nasty troll who spoils this forum.  Apology not accepted.  You are not even a good troll.  Please just go away .  Did I get under your skin pointing out your childish trolls?  Boo hoo.  Now you know what you do to many posters on this forum

Jeez TJ hes apologised
, GE contributes a lot to this forum, often it goes unoticed and there are reasons for that.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sun 17 Nov 2013, 6:17 pm

I don't mind GE at all really. I take a lot of what he says tongue and cheek but he really does have some excellent points when discussing the rugby.

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 17 Nov 2013, 6:19 pm

Guys - I see right thru him. That is not a meant apology at all. An apology that states I might glass him?

He is nasty childish troll who delights in winding folk up deliberately making pejorative and provocative statements with one aim in mind - to get folk to be angry. But like most trolls he can't take it when its dished out. He didn't like having broken record and similar smilies posted after every trolling post he made and got upset and angry and showed it. Well boo hoo. He should have a broken record and a pickard or muppet posted after every trolling post he makes. he might then tire of trolling the forum.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun 17 Nov 2013, 6:21 pm

tigerleghorn wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
GE:

Im the last one to back off or down when its flying, and as a brother Kiwi I will always support you in all reasonable/knowledgable  founded discussion (which you often promote) involving the ABs and our New Zealand way of living rugby, but with this last post the best way I can support you is to respectfully suggest that maybe you should consider withdrawing the post, a short apology and move back to the rugby.

I'm sure your disapproval as "a brother Kiwi" is appreciated. Do you think an English fan posting wum after wum with ever increasing venom and disrespect  to the hosts would be tolerated on a NZ Rugby forum?

I know characters are needed to keep the traffic up but his one dimensional England bashing is upsetting English fans with those unaffected smiling whilst sucking on a slightly disapproving tooth. If more than just the English were on the receiving end I suspect he'd be long gone!
Tiger firstly, I got a say I am glad I found this forum, becasue I cant find any Kiwi ones that come anywhere near matching this, The Aussie roar is probably the closest. I dare say though that a rebelious Englishman would go down as an alternative opinion, probably often wrong, but I dont think Kiwis would react with a knee jerk attitude of "ban him". The same applies to our attitude to rugby we dont have the obssessive fixation with yellow and red cards that you guys have.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Sun 17 Nov 2013, 6:28 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
tigerleghorn wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
GE:

I'm sure your disapproval as "a brother Kiwi" is appreciated. Do you think an English fan posting wum after wum with ever increasing venom and disrespect  to the hosts would be tolerated on a NZ Rugby forum?

Tiger firstly, I got a say I am glad I found this forum, becasue I cant find any Kiwi ones that come anywhere near matching this, The Aussie roar is probably the closest. I dare say though that a rebelious Englishman would go down as an alternative opinion, probably often wrong, but I dont think Kiwis would react with a knee jerk attitude of "ban him". The same applies to our attitude to rugby we dont have the obssessive fixation with yellow and red cards that you guys have.
You Kiwi's seem to be very precious about the Haka and how we should behave towards it though don't you? I'm not so sure you are as relaxed as you make out tbh.

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 17 Nov 2013, 6:29 pm

aucklandlaurie

Its nothing to do with being rebellious. its about deliberately intending to upset and anger other posters. Now I have had some real rows with folk on here - but the difference is neither of us untended to anger the other one nor do others do as GE does and continually start threads with the intention of annoying and angering folk He also continually derails and attempts to derail other threads. You do not see this because you are not one of his targets - his targets are passionate Englishmen. I see it 'cos I see trolls on all sorts of other forums ( and have been one - a much better on than GE)

Trolling on forums spoils them and trolls should be banned. the best way to deal with them is "Don't feed the trolls" ie ignore them.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun 17 Nov 2013, 6:32 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
TJ wrote:

Sorry TJ. Apologies all.

Nope - you are a nasty troll who spoils this forum.  Apology not accepted.  You are not even a good troll.  Please just go away .  Did I get under your skin pointing out your childish trolls?  Boo hoo.  Now you know what you do to many posters on this forum

Jeez TJ hes apologised
, GE contributes a lot to this forum, often it goes unoticed and there are reasons for that.
Interesting. What do you mean by the bit in bold?

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sun 17 Nov 2013, 6:45 pm

Laurie sorry I think you're being a little naive if you think what GE does is just down to an alternative opinion as he changes his arguments to suit his clearly anti-English agenda, even contradicting what he's said previously …

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun 17 Nov 2013, 6:49 pm

Cyril
The way I see it is that GE often picks up on very valid points however it gets interpreted and dismissed as a wum, and then we have derailment. GE sometimes write things that some of you (I dont know if its just English supporters) just dont want to read. He often puts up an alternative slant on things which is good.

I should also say that I love the way you chase GE about the forum, it reminds me of Snoopy chasing the red baron, keep it up Cyril, you use humour well, keep it up, I wouldnt have it any other way.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun 17 Nov 2013, 6:53 pm

Heaf wrote:Laurie sorry I think you're being a little naive if you think what GE does is just down to an alternative opinion as he changes his arguments to suit his clearly anti-English agenda, even contradicting what he's said previously …

Maybe I am a little naive, but Im not being intentionally naive.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sun 17 Nov 2013, 6:57 pm

Matbe if he didn't set out to try and antagonise people they wouldn't think the way they do about him and take him seriously?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 17 Nov 2013, 7:00 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote: Cyril
The way I see it is that GE often picks up on very valid points however it gets interpreted and dismissed as a wum, and then we have derailment. GE  sometimes write things that some of you (I dont know if its just English supporters) just dont want to read. He often puts up an alternative slant on things which is good.

Its clearly with intent to annoy folk. Its in the clever use of language. Nothing to do with the point he makes - everything to do with the way he makes it. Its obvious trolling - very obvious.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 17 Nov 2013, 7:03 pm

Calm down guys. Jeez. Some sensitive souls here.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 17 Nov 2013, 7:03 pm

Broken Record picard monkey 

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sun 17 Nov 2013, 7:07 pm

Thanks TJ and Cow for the advice, personally he has no effect on me, i think people get far too easily wound up on here and i have only been here a week, to get wound up by the ramblings of the village *&^%$ is just funny in my book but i can tell from the comments made by some that obviously he has gone too far for some.
i figure that if you over feed a troll he will eventually reveal himself to be just that and the Moderators will remove him or you can of course just ignore and stop biting. It is just attention seeking behavior. It is rather like the playground bully, he does it for attention and if you just ignore him, he will go elsewhere for attention….talking of which having just read the last 2 pages of tiresome comments i wonder where the MODS are now as the only Record that appears to be the subject of the debate is not about rugby but about Empire. All Empires crumble in the end, NZ will be no different.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Sun 17 Nov 2013, 7:13 pm

GloriousEmpire wrote:Calm down guys. Jeez. Some sensitive souls here.
O.k, very funny, you're only having a laugh at the Poms expense. We get it, We got it months ago, ribs have been broken through the endless shoulder shaking laughter.

Could you now just give it a rest mate?

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 17 Nov 2013, 7:15 pm

I can't control what annoys you.
But if reading opinions about rugby that differ
From your own winds you up that much, perhaps a rugby forum is not a good place for you to spend your time.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 17 Nov 2013, 7:18 pm

Broken Record picard Record Set Straight - Page 3 1347041234

Don't feed the troll

Last edited by TJ on Sun 17 Nov 2013, 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Sun 17 Nov 2013, 7:19 pm

GloriousEmpire wrote:I can't control what annoys you.
But if reading opinions about rugby that differ
From your own winds you up that much, perhaps a rugby forum is not a good place for you to spend your time.
Sheesh, so it's wum on then? picard 

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sun 17 Nov 2013, 7:20 pm

TJ wrote:Broken Record picard Record Set Straight - Page 3 1347041234 
shiithouse, i have run out of licorice all sorts i will eat popcorn instead?

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 17 Nov 2013, 7:20 pm

GE, PM for you
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sun 17 Nov 2013, 7:22 pm

So repeating the same tired agenda in posts isn't control? Erm
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Sun 17 Nov 2013, 8:21 pm

Anyone seen The Fisher King?

"I like New York in June, how about you?
I like a Gershwin tune, how about you?
I love a fireside when a storm is due
I like potato chips, moonlight, motor trips, how about you?"

Great film, great choreography in Grand Central Station...love it

Carry on

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 17 Nov 2013, 8:24 pm

Best tactic TLH

Yes and a really weird one as well. I may view it again soon.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Sun 17 Nov 2013, 8:35 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Best tactic TLH

Yes and a really weird one as well. I may view it again soon.

thumbsup 

Perhaps we should respond to future GE bile with a selection of our favourite film musicals. I baggsy Paint your wagon for my next one!

"I talk to the trees, but they don't listen to me....."

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 17 Nov 2013, 8:38 pm

Mrs. Nellie Lovett: Lawyer's rather nice.
Sweeney Todd: If it's for a price.
Mrs. Nellie Lovett: Order something else, though to follow since no one should swallow it twice.
Sweeney Todd: Anything that's lean?
Mrs. Nellie Lovett: Well then if you're British and loyal you might enjoy Royal Marine. Anyway it's clean, though of course it tastes of wherever it's been.
Sweeney Todd: Is that Squire on the fire?
Mrs. Nellie Lovett: Mercy no sir look closer you'll notice it's Grocer.
Sweeney Todd: Looks thicker, more like Vicar.
Mrs. Nellie Lovett: No it has to be Grocer. It's green.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Sun 17 Nov 2013, 8:42 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Mrs. Nellie Lovett: Lawyer's rather nice.
Sweeney Todd: If it's for a price.
Mrs. Nellie Lovett: Order something else, though to follow since no one should swallow it twice.
Sweeney Todd: Anything that's lean?
Mrs. Nellie Lovett: Well then if you're British and loyal you might enjoy Royal Marine. Anyway it's clean, though of course it tastes of wherever it's been.
Sweeney Todd: Is that Squire on the fire?
Mrs. Nellie Lovett: Mercy no sir look closer you'll notice it's Grocer.
Sweeney Todd: Looks thicker, more like Vicar.
Mrs. Nellie Lovett: No it has to be Grocer. It's green.
Nice one! Was Helena Bonham-Carter in that?

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 17 Nov 2013, 8:43 pm

Yes. good musical IMO.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sun 17 Nov 2013, 9:32 pm

Not defending GE, but I do think to an extent people get wound up unnecessarily by him. He chooses to spend a worrying amount of his time trying to get a rise out of people, even after his team has won. His crime is his punishment, surely.

Also, he does seem to offer really good analysis. I'd rather he did it more often, but why not engage with him on that genuinely ignore that which you find annoying or offensive.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Mon 18 Nov 2013, 1:20 pm

Hood83 wrote:Not defending GE, but I do think to an extent people get wound up unnecessarily by him. He chooses to spend a worrying amount of his time trying to get a rise out of people, even after his team has won. His crime is his punishment, surely.

Also, he does seem to offer really good analysis. I'd rather he did it more often, but why not engage with him on that genuinely ignore that which you find annoying or offensive.
You're right, he can offer really good analysis, trouble is, it all gets lost in a mess of white noise.

He's a bit like Miranda Hart, funny for the first few minutes then more like an annoying itch that you can't scratch.......and devoid of humour!

Btw it's not like him to be away from the boards, must have been sent to the naughty room chin 

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 18 Nov 2013, 1:34 pm

I think the South African ref had a word with GE.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 18 Nov 2013, 1:36 pm

gregortree wrote:I think the South African ref had a word with GE.
Craig Joubert. Whistle 
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Mon 18 Nov 2013, 1:40 pm

GE came in from the side after repeated warnings...Laugh 

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 18 Nov 2013, 1:47 pm

He was holding on, when told to let it go, numerous times. Shocked 
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Mon 18 Nov 2013, 1:51 pm

Biltong wrote:He was holding on, when told to let it go, numerous times. Shocked 
Wink 

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Mon 18 Nov 2013, 1:55 pm

Why are people focussing only on GE here? There were several other posters on here last night giving GE grief and derailing the thread. The thought clique came to mind.

Biltong, as a MOD I thought you would be above taking part in this...

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next