The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Record Set Straight

+29
Luckless Pedestrian
Breadvan
Biltong
Nachos Jones
Sgt_Pooly
aucklandlaurie
gregortree
Cyril
Exiledinborders
englandglory4ever
No 7&1/2
butterfingers
TJ
Cowshot
Scratch
fa0019
PJHolybloke
quinsforever
Jhamer25
Hood83
tigerleghorn
Heaf
kiakahaaotearoa
nathan
mystiroakey
Geordie
Mr Bounce
GloriousEmpire
33 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Record Set Straight - Page 4 Empty Record Set Straight

Post by GloriousEmpire Sat 16 Nov - 17:35

First topic message reminder :

Let's face reality.

Lancaster's England are hugely one dimensional. Build in the model of Woodward's 2003 team, they come straight and hard and without subtlety.

The Backline is plodding at best and rely on recycled quick ball to maintain linear momentum.

Last year a sick All Blacks team weren't up to the physical challenge of the relentless direct approach.

This year, despite fatigue they proved a fit All Blacks team have the muscle to repel the overwhelming route one approach and the finesse to take the chances and score enough tries to win.

For England now a huge challenge. Can they get even *more* physical? Or do they have to change direction totally and look to build a team with more to offer?

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Record Set Straight - Page 4 Empty Re: Record Set Straight

Post by Biltong Mon 18 Nov - 14:00

Nachos, what am I not permitted to take part in?

Did you forget that I am a poster first?

We are having light hypothetical conversations.

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 18 Nov - 14:01

You 've not been around long enough Nachos to see what he did consistently. Like when his old profile disappeared last year to be replaced by a new 1 for the AIs in disguise as an Englishman. Surprised it's not happened again this year...

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 18 Nov - 14:02

TJ wrote:Guys - I see right thru him.  That is not a meant apology at all.  An apology that states I might glass him?

He is nasty childish troll who delights in winding folk up deliberately making pejorative and provocative statements with one aim in mind - to get folk to be angry.  But like most trolls he can't take it when its dished out.  He didn't like having broken record and similar smilies posted after every trolling post he made and got upset and angry and showed it.  Well boo hoo.  He should have a broken record and a pickard or muppet posted after every trolling post he makes.  he might then tire of trolling the forum.  

TJ, he's the OP. I don't think you can 'troll' your own article.

I read the whole thread today and your emoticons after every GE post were more annoying than anything he posted. If you think people should ignore him, lead by example.

Last edited by Luckless Pedestrian on Mon 18 Nov - 14:06; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Mon 18 Nov - 14:05

GE was clearly a WUM. however he was mostly civil, and careful to avoid anything too personally offensive. He lost it yday, clearly went too far, and all the people he has been wumming with his constant barrage of anti-england OPs, are enjoying the relative peace and quiet.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Mon 18 Nov - 14:07

Biltong, it appears more to me that by taking part in this, you are condoning this open attack on a fellow poster. You may be a poster first but I do believe that as a MOD some element of fairness must be applied. Several posters not only GE were out of order last night.

No 7&1/2, I may have been a long time viewer of this site?

Truth be told, I am a returning member. One who has been hounded off this site twice by one of the antagonists last night. One who also had recommended 15 people from another forum who only lasted a few days on this site due to that very same poster...

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 18 Nov - 14:10

There is no attack here mate, some light banter and a few telling how they feel about him.

I am sure he will be back, he can take care of himself, probably reading this right now and enjoying the fact that even in his absence he is still present. Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 18 Nov - 14:11

So you would know that GE has been wumming for a while and it was the straw that broke the camels back then.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 18 Nov - 14:13

I'm staggered this thread hasn't been binned yet.

The OP itself is a massive contradiction. GE, ghost or whatever he is or whatever he calls himself is actually a decent poster. He just has a terrible reputation amongst posters on here and they as a result can't see that his posts are pretty sensible. In short, his reputation is tarnished.

However we can't resort to mob rule and every time GE makes a post label him a WUM and post up ghost smileys.

It's the responsibility of all posters to get their point across using facts and in a way that they don't upset or rile other posters.

We don't all agree on here, it would be pretty boring if we did. Posters have a responsibility GE seems to have forgotten that. But so too have all the posters who allowed themselves to get wound up. If you don't like what he says and consider him a WUM or anyone else for that matter IGNORE HIM/THEM! If you simply disagree, put it in writing without dragging the debate into the gutter. We are here to debate, not to name call, whinge or moan.

I hate to say it but some posters on here HERSH, GE and other all seem to make valid contributions but their valid points do seem to either get ignored or classified as WUMs based purely on reputation.

We should all keep an open mind! zen
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Mon 18 Nov - 14:15

Biltong, my point is, no matter how bad GE was last night and he was, several other posters were just as bad and yet you take no action on that except to make fun of GE. That is saying to these other posters that its ok to derail GE's threads.

As I said earlier, one of the posters has forced me to leave this site twice now and all of the other people I have brought here have left due to the same poster yet no action there.

I have had my difference's with GE since back in the original 606 on the Beeb but its never gotton personal between us.

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 18 Nov - 14:17

Cryptic notes aren't helping me mate.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Mon 18 Nov - 14:20

nachos, i think you should carry this on PM with Bilt. He did the right thing, GE overstepped the bounds by threatening to glass someone. Banter or not thats too far.

A bit of lighthearted recognition of GE getting a yellow card is fine. GE will be back. and he wont let himself get so wound up again by the same poster.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Mon 18 Nov - 14:22

Cryptic notes?

Just forget about it and continue to turn a blind eye to it. That obviously works better.

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Mon 18 Nov - 14:23

quinsforever wrote:nachos, i think you should carry this on PM with Bilt. He did the right thing, GE overstepped the bounds by threatening to glass someone. Banter or not thats too far.

A bit of lighthearted recognition of GE getting a yellow card is fine. GE will be back. and he wont let himself get so wound up again by the same poster.
My point is, he wasn't the only one to make aggressive threatening posts but I guess GE is not in the Clique...

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 18 Nov - 14:24

Perhaps if you feel it necessary you should approach another Mod.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Mon 18 Nov - 14:26

that's a bit lame Nachos.

PM Bilt and tell him specifically what you are referring to.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Mon 18 Nov - 14:33

Jeez, who'd be a Mod?

Nachos, I'm sure Bilt and other Mods have made numerous efforts to try and get GE to modify his style off forum. GE would appear to to get more from winding people up than wanting to contribute in a civil fashion. I'm pretty sure sure exclusion isn't the preferred course of action and this has been an issue for some time.

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 18 Nov - 14:33

"That is saying to these other posters that its ok to derail GE's threads."

Oh come on mate- if you cant see what the intention was from creating 4 controversial threads all at the same time on Saturday night was then your away with the fairies.

He wants them derailed, he wants the reaction dude!

He is still ok as a poster, just deserved a little ban for his efforts..

He is an expert in knowing what buttons to press.

OMG do i feel sorry for his Wife/GF!!!!

Wink

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Mon 18 Nov - 14:34

I actually made a complaint last night but it was ignored and as soon as the poster saw that his comment had been referred it was quickly edited...

As I said earlier quins, I have been hounded off here twice by the same poster and since I returned have seen no change and the same people being singled out by the mob while one or two of the other offenders continue to go un-punished. I think that it is very sad that this great forum has this happen to it when it could be easily solved. Have had PM communication with Biltong last time this happened but still no action so forgive me when I say that I have no faith in that again.

Anyways, I will just let the whole thing drop now and get back to discussing rugby as I am starting to annoy myself Very Happy

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 18 Nov - 14:39

Nachos
Fair point. So in situation of repeated offences the ref sometime cards opposing props. who leave for a spell.
But then the scrums cease to be fun for the spectators.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 18 Nov - 14:39

Even though GE is one of the most notorious WUMs there is an element of truth in his initial post.

It's his negativity and lack of constructive criticism which lets him down. He rarely offers a constructive or logical solution.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 18 Nov - 14:40

You PM'ed me?

When?

Anyway, I suggest you communicate with another Mod on whatever you issue is.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 18 Nov - 14:46

Nibbling:
GE wums are like someone's finger in your mouth.
You don't have to nibble or bite.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 18 Nov - 14:48

gregortree wrote:Nibbling:
GE wums are like someone's  finger in your mouth.
but I find it difficult to spit out.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 18 Nov - 15:21

Biltong wrote:
gregortree wrote:Nibbling:
GE wums are like someone's  finger in your mouth.
but I find it difficult to spit out.
Or we can try the unorthodox, for example turn around and poop on his boot.
GE trash talks my country but I find it best to try and laugh it off.
I think he may have a serious problem with the whole concept of 'England' which he deeply struggles with at times.
At other times he can do some reasonable rugby talk.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Mon 18 Nov - 16:03

It's hilarious….even when this GE guy is banned everyone is still chuntering on about him…..this guy really gets under the skin.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon 18 Nov - 16:06

mystiroakey wrote:"That is saying to these other posters that its ok to derail GE's threads."

Oh come on mate- if you cant see what the intention was from creating 4 controversial threads all at the same time on Saturday night was then your away with the fairies.

He wants them derailed, he wants the reaction dude!

He is still ok as a poster, just deserved a little ban for his efforts..

He is an expert in knowing what buttons to press.

OMG do i feel sorry for his Wife/GF!!!!

Wink
I'd imagine that ability would have his girlfriend on his side. Wink 

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 18 Nov - 16:12

The sad thing about all this is that I actually miss him

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Mon 18 Nov - 22:10

I don't.

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Tue 19 Nov - 0:36

beshocked wrote:Even though GE is one of the most notorious WUMs there is an element of truth in his initial post.

It's his negativity and lack of constructive criticism which lets him down. He rarely offers a constructive or logical solution.
To be fair most of us just spout our usual biased, predetermined responses with only enough analysis to support our initial thoughts
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Tue 19 Nov - 0:59

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
TJ wrote:Guys - I see right thru him.  That is not a meant apology at all.  An apology that states I might glass him?

He is nasty childish troll who delights in winding folk up deliberately making pejorative and provocative statements with one aim in mind - to get folk to be angry.  But like most trolls he can't take it when its dished out.  He didn't like having broken record and similar smilies posted after every trolling post he made and got upset and angry and showed it.  Well boo hoo.  He should have a broken record and a pickard or muppet posted after every trolling post he makes.  he might then tire of trolling the forum.  

TJ, he's the OP. I don't think you can 'troll' your own article.

I read the whole thread today and your emoticons after every GE post were more annoying than anything he posted. If you think people should ignore him, lead by example.
Of course you can - the whole article is a troll intended to wind folk up.

sorry if the emoticon posting annoyed you. It was intended to and succeeded in annoying GE to show him waht it is like to be deliberately would up by another poster. Intended to be childish and annoying

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 19 Nov - 7:56

Well it was that!

If you don't think a thread's worth commenting on, don't comment on it, and leave others who do want to comment on it to do so. Trying to derail it doesn't help anyone,  nor does it paint you in a good light, which is a shame because usually you talk a lot of sense here.

It was a bit like a fish taking the bait in an attempt to show other fish what not to do.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 19 Nov - 8:33

GloriousEmpire wrote:Yeah alright Laurie. Maybe tj's 27 posts of apes and thumbs down for two straight hours got to me.

Sorry TJ. Apologies all.
Suspect you're reading it the wrong way around. I meant TJ might glass
Me after we'd had a lot to drink and I said something provocative. What whatever. I apologise.
TJ, GE apologised not only to the general forum, but also to you specifically ( which you rebuffed/dismissed), yet you just dont seem to know when enough is enough,and funnily enough you have continued to repeat the same behaviour of which you accuse GE was so bad of committing.

Surely someones aplolgy has to be worth something, or have we turned into a pack of Barbarians ?(not the rugby club)...

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue 19 Nov - 8:50

Did GE receive a red or yellow card then?

I've not seen a transcript of the hearing. Hopefully he kept his feet off the table and didn't eat all the biscuits.

I imagine his previous good conduct was taken into account.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 19 Nov - 9:06

Cyril, you are going to have to learn to create you own points scoring opportunities you cant just play relying on the opposition being penalised or colour carded.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue 19 Nov - 9:17

I think the opposition needs to learn to play the ref better, laurie.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov - 9:20

Homer refs I bet

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 19 Nov - 9:20

Craig Jourbert is the best referee in the World.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov - 9:26

Did you read the nzherald Laurie? He acknowledged the poms we're sealing off but because we weren't contesting for fear of being penalised he allowed it to continue to keep the game 'flowing'.

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 19 Nov - 9:30

And fair enough too Ebop, you cant go holding up enterprising play just because some half wit is breaking the rules.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Tue 19 Nov - 9:31

Cyril wrote:Did GE receive a red or yellow card then?

I've not seen a transcript of the hearing. Hopefully he kept his feet off the table and didn't eat all the biscuits.

I imagine his previous good conduct was taken into account.
Carded for repeatedly failing to release, and/or  going over the top. Despite warnings. Or so I imagine.
Anyway, it is the season for his autumn hibernation. Same thing happpened ghost last autumn.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov - 9:35

True Laurie, we like a flowing game so no issue even if it costs us points. We'll just score more tries.

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 19 Nov - 9:39

As the wise man said.....

"You do it your way son, Ill do it my way"

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov - 9:48

Yup, our school curriculum states that the 7 times table is the first to be taught:)

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 19 Nov - 9:50

Theres a big difference between 84 points and 36.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Tue 19 Nov - 12:46

Win by any means - that's the All Blacks. What superb spirit! They like a flowing game so if it doesn't happen that can only mean the opposition were cheating and the ref didn't do his job - a total shock after he was so evenhanded in the last World Cup Final.

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 19 Nov - 13:37

GE - could be very knowledgeable but mixing up blatant lies with the intuitive stuff makes picking one from the other too much hard work.

Biggest problem is that his main aim in posting has nothing to do with the rugby whatsoever. Its just the wind up he gets off on. It will be quieter in his absence but maybe a little friendlier.

I had finally put him on my foes list. There was only one other name there - the pantomime villain...

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Tue 19 Nov - 14:05

ebop wrote:Yup, our school curriculum states that the 7 times table is the first to be taught:)
i thought the first thing on the curriculum was how to avoid being pinged for offside Wink

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Tue 19 Nov - 17:12

quinsforever wrote:
ebop wrote:Yup, our school curriculum states that the 7 times table is the first to be taught:)
i thought the first thing on the curriculum was how to avoid being pinged for offside Wink
Hello Quins, that was a long night yesterday wasn't it? I've sent you a pm mate.

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Tue 19 Nov - 17:22

Yup. Was indeed. Shall refer to it henceforth as the Night of the Big Chips.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4