The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts for Jason Day

Go down

Thoughts for Jason Day Empty Thoughts for Jason Day

Post by Guest Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:42 pm

Australian golfer Jason Day is to compete in the World Cup in Melbourne this week after losing eight relatives in Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines.

"While I understand the media's interest in this matter and hope that any coverage can spread awareness to assist with the relief efforts that continue in the Philippines, I hope that all will respect my family's privacy during this difficult time.

It's been toughest on my mother - there's been no communication

Everything got wiped out in the area around where my grandma and my relatives lived. The only way we could communicate with anyone was with our relatives in Manila through Facebook. They did the searching.''
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/24988033

Not really much to say except to say my thoughts go with him.  You hear of stories of disasters in the media but in general they mean nothing unless you get somehow involved in a personal story such as this one.  Jason Day has been one of the young and exciting talents of golf I have been following (as far as I follow golf) in recent years.

Back to top Go down

Thoughts for Jason Day Empty Re: Thoughts for Jason Day

Post by Davie Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:53 pm

Nothing to add .. just if this was Facebook it would get a "like".

Jason Day is very personable and although he maybe hasn't reached the heights people expected him to (yet) he and his peers are the future of professional golf

Davie

Back to top Go down