The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floyd v Manny - Is it even legally possible?

+5
milkyboy
Diamond in the rough
kingraf
mobilemaster8
Valero's Conscience
9 posters

Go down

Floyd v Manny - Is it even legally possible? Empty Floyd v Manny - Is it even legally possible?

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 26 Nov 2013, 8:41 am

It is inevitable after every fight the pair have that the talk comes up. Arum, Roach and Manny have all commented that the fight is possible.

After 5 years of rubbish from both sides I can't see it ever happening, however I assume it is impossible from a contractual side.

Floyd is with Showtime and locked in a deal whilst Manny is on HBO with Top Rank. For the fight to happen one broadcaster will lose out on the biggest fight of the generation, so I cannot see either conceding.

The money split alone would be too problematic with Floyds demand too high no doubt and the TV coverage would make for a complete show stopper.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Floyd v Manny - Is it even legally possible? Empty Re: Floyd v Manny - Is it even legally possible?

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 26 Nov 2013, 8:54 am

It should be simple with personal terms.

100% Drug Testing (like im floyds previous how many fights), should be a 60/40 split in Floyds favour if not more. Should be in Vegas and Floyd should enter the ring last.

Between promoters is another story all together. Don't think it will happen because of that. Unfair.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Floyd v Manny - Is it even legally possible? Empty Re: Floyd v Manny - Is it even legally possible?

Post by Guest Tue 26 Nov 2013, 8:54 am

Lewis/Tyson was made and they had the same issues. I think one company got to show it live and the other got exclsuive rights to all the replays or something but it CAN be done and when there's this much money on the table (it appears that China are about to introduce PPV) ANYTHING is possible

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 26 Nov 2013, 9:02 am

I'd like to think it could happen but see the broadcasters at a standstill in negotiations.

Arum says the right things but if pushed then I'm sure it will be possible only to his demands.

Both parties should realise they have a limited time to make the fight and cash in on a huge payday. Ego's should be set aside but history shows it's unlikely to happen.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 26 Nov 2013, 9:15 am

I don't know if this fight will be made, but I doubt it as of now. Firstly, if Pacquaio did crazy numbers in China, he probably isnt coming back to the States. Secondly if Pacquaio did crazy numbers in China and the States, he isn't going to fight for less than 50/50. Mayweather talks a lot about being boxings premier, but the one fight where he was the only draw (vs Guerrero) he couldn't clear a million. It isn't happening.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Tue 26 Nov 2013, 11:58 am

kingraf wrote:I don't know if this fight will be made, but I doubt it as of now. Firstly, if Pacquaio did crazy numbers in China, he probably isnt coming back to the States. Secondly if Pacquaio did crazy numbers in China and the States, he isn't going to fight for less than 50/50. Mayweather talks a lot about being boxings premier, but the one fight where he was the only draw (vs Guerrero) he couldn't clear a million. It isn't happening.
manny has the same issues he only got 700k against bradley and clottey where he was the only draw! 2ndly top rank have the chinese Olympian on his first ever fight had something like 300 million viewers or something ridiculous! im working here now and surprisingly heard manny isnt really liked that much outside his home town or provience in phillipines

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 26 Nov 2013, 12:16 pm

I know Manny has the same issues... Difference is Manny doesn't spout a PR campaign about being able to carry a PPV on his own. I know Shining got 300 million for his first fight, I said as much when this fight was announced. This fight is probably going to have been seen by 150 million+ Chinese viewers. The advertising revenue generated by that alone will probably exceed anything Alvarez vs Mayweather did. While May-Alvarez may have more PPV generated sales, I think Pacquaio has probably made mors money through TV-coverage/advertising
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 26 Nov 2013, 12:33 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:It should be simple with personal terms.

100% Drug Testing (like im floyds previous how many fights), should be a 60/40 split in Floyds favour if not more. Should be in Vegas and Floyd should enter the ring last.

Between promoters is another story all together. Don't think it will happen because of that. Unfair.
100% drug testing? Is that what testing on floyd's terms is called. He won't sign up to vada to be tested in between fights, he won't fight outside Vegas, he allegedly paid a notable sum to pac etc etc. I'm afraid if there is a finger of suspicion to be pointed, then it points both ways on this subject.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Tue 26 Nov 2013, 1:28 pm

It's possible, as Dave says the same broadcasting issues were overcome for Lewis v Tyson. If both sides wanted it at any cost it could be done, but highly improbably. I think the big sticking point now would be the 50:50 split.
I'd like to see it, but in reality it's too late and no longer a 50/50 fight.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Nov 2013, 3:00 pm

Floyd v Manny - Is it even legally possible?

I've asked Dereck Chisora, he says it's physically possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 26 Nov 2013, 3:07 pm

Biggest problem is when Arum gets interviewed in magazines..........He gets off on how he screwed rival fighters and rival Promoters over on a deal.........

Remember he got off big time on screwing Barkley in the Nunn fight.....

Arum is like Trump.......It's all about the deal..........In Arum's world winning the negotiation is everything and the fight is just an extra.........

Floyd Is just as stubborn...........and apparently feels he doesn't need the Fili........

Recipe for disaster...........

I imagine both fighters think they'll win.....While Manny is with Arum..forget it!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Tue 26 Nov 2013, 3:29 pm

Would have been the biggest fight in 30 years, maybe even 40, if it had happened 2 or 3 years ago. It isn't now, even if it will still spin plenty of money.

Such a pity. I feel almost heretical in saying now that I'd watch it if I'm not doing something better at the time. Was a point when wild horses wouldn't have dragged me away.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 26 Nov 2013, 3:34 pm

I imagine like me you'd get caught up in the hype Captain........I wasn't really looking forward to Froch-Groves..........Made a decision to buy it on Friday night........

Glad I did.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 26 Nov 2013, 3:34 pm

If the fight could not get made when it was the biggest grossing fight in history and both fighters were on the same network would seem ambitious to think it would get made now neither of those are the case. Whilst the purses may have decreased one would struggle to imagine the egos or sheer intransigence of those involved will have done likewise.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 26 Nov 2013, 3:41 pm

Good point Rowley.........Couldn't be made on a 50/50 split then.......

Fair to say Mayweather is pretty much universal number 1 now.......

You see Arum taking less than 50/50 ?? Nope........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down