The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yes Another Froch Article But It Needs To Be Done!

+17
Steffan
ShahenshahG
tunes666
hampo17
OasisBFC
88Chris05
AlexHuckerby
Strongback
Mayweathers cellmate
owen10ozzy
KingMonkey
Hammersmith harrier
TRUSSMAN66
catchweight
milkyboy
hazharrison
ONETWOFOREVER
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Yes Another Froch Article But It Needs To Be Done! Empty Yes Another Froch Article But It Needs To Be Done!

Post by owen10ozzy Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:17 pm

Ok first things first; this article will lack substance right now...1) Because I have Just got back from a night out 2) Because I think the stuff Froch says is enough to give anyone ground to give him stick without me saying anything...

That being said here is the latest interview with the man once known as the warrior and the guy who we all thought would be happy to take on everyone;

Carl Froch all but dismissed the idea of going 'over old ground' in a rematch with George Groves.

"Do I want to go over old ground? Not at the minute, no. I like to move forward in my career and the only old ground I like to go over again is for a defeat."

Carl Froch

The WBC and IBF middleweight champion was on Ringside for the first time since his controversial win on November 23.

Groves has demanded a rematch after being stopped in the ninth round of their contest and promoter Eddie Hearn has even admitted he - as a fan - wants to see a second showdown.

But the final decision falls to 36-year-old Froch and he all but ruled it out.

"I defended my title against a mandatory. I beat an unbeaten fighter, a hungry, ambitious fighter who came to try and win the fight - and winning with a technical knockout in the ninth round is a great result," he said.

"Do I want to go over old ground? Not at the minute, no.

"I like to move forward in my career and the only old ground I like to go over again is for a defeat.

"It was nice to avenge the Mikkel Kessler defeat, it would be nice to avenge the Andre Ward defeat if that can possibly be made."
Opinions

Promoter Hearn revealed he has been in America discussing possible fights with Ward, Gennady Golovkin and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

Groves - Foster made terrible decision

Froch himself ruled out a match-up with former mandatory but now light-heavyweight star Adonis Stevenson, but although he knows there is still public demand to see him and Groves go at it again, he believes the interest is fading.

"It's a 50-50 split right now and the longer the time goes and the longer people watch the fight, opinions are changing a lot," he added.

"Like Eddie said, I have got a lot of options.

"I am going to enjoy a wonderful Christmas with my beautiful family, then I am going to make a decision - and I decide who I am going to fight.

"If I decide to fight again I am going to make the correct decision based on where I want to go forward.

"I will speak to Eddie, my trainer Rob McCracken and my family and then I will make the decision based on what I feel is right for me - and everyone else."
This says everything about Froch for me at the moment. A guy who worked so hard to get himself noted and appreciated in the general public for so long but has now fallen back into the 'arrogant' boxer mould of believing his own hype. Fair enough if he was unbeaten but he has lost to Kessler, been outboxed and out thought by Ward and shown a lesson by a guy who he still maintains is 'not on his level'. It infuriates me that he made so much of Groves showing a lack of respect in the build up, yet every day that passes he comes across as more of a *o** about the whole thing than ever! I mean this guy shows he wants nothing to do with Groves or Stevenson yet believes he can avenge a Ward defeat? Talk about being living in a fantasy land!

My aim is to get him on the 606 podcast to tell him a) he was lucky against Groves and should rematch him if he is a 'true warrior' b) has now proved in his career that he would have had his face pasted by Calzaghe had they ever met because he is nothing more than a very average boxer who trades on hearts and guts...and that only gets you so far!

Last edited by owen10ozzy on Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Yes Another Froch Article But It Needs To Be Done! Empty Re: Yes Another Froch Article But It Needs To Be Done!

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:04 pm

Froch is a major win away from eradicating the Groves situation all together. Should he go on and beat a Ward, or Stevenson then the Groves fight will be forgotten.

I don't understand why he would want to face Chavez tho a fighter I have no time for. He has never impressed me.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Yes Another Froch Article But It Needs To Be Done! Empty Re: Yes Another Froch Article But It Needs To Be Done!

Post by hazharrison Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:33 pm

Everyone wants to fight Chavez because he's a draw and can facilitate a PPV fight on HBO.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:23 pm

You might want to delete this thread if you get him on the podcast Owen!

Groves deserves a rematch, but if froch goes on to fight golovkin or ward  or stevenson or kovalev (though sounds like he doesn't fancy light heavy) i certainly wouldn't have any complaint.

If he fights chavez however...,, while spouting that its now all about legacy not money....Then he comes across as the biggest hypocrite since some welsh super middle took the Roy jones fight;)

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:35 pm

He is already a massive hypocrite. He doesnt want to go over all ground with Groves apparently, but expected Kessler to and now Ward. Hes ducking a Groves rematch about as plainly as can be. Its huge money on offer for him so if he was anyway confident as he acts he would jump at it. I mean its not enough you get a massive ppv fight waiting for you against an opponent "who cant cut it at world level". The fact he wants Chavez more than Groves says it all.

The real translation is: "Groves gave me a right scare and I only just got out of jail with the help of dodgy officiating. Dont fancy that again!"

After Christmas his version of the fight will probably be he slipped in the first round and went on to administer a one sided beating to Groves before the ref waved it off on grounds of mercy.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:51 pm

I certainly don't need any convincing of what a prat he's made of himself since the fight catchweight. I'm merely looking forward not back to see how big a trench the warrior's going to dig for himself in the future.

He can wriggle from a groves rematch on the grounds he maybe has two fights left him in. If they are genuine legacy fights, the fact that he hadnt returned the favour to groves ( that kessler did for him) can be understood, whilst not being befitting of a warrior.

chavez however, is the bomb sized crater of hypocrisy.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:03 pm

I can see his line of thinking though. He can tell everyone he beat the great julio cesar chavez... And not mention the junior bit. Rather like my friend who went to Oxford poly, but rarely mentioned the 'poly'.

Eddie Hearn is probably trying to get fights with aaron Pryor junior and ronald hearns. Failing that, his scouting network will be looking around to find a fighter called sugar ray Robertson , or sugar ray leopard for froch's swansong.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:17 pm

If anyone deserves a pension fight it's Froch. I'm quite glad he reverted to type. Almost had everyone believing he was a man of the people and a normal guy.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:19 pm

Take the pension fight. Don't take it claiming you're fighting for legacy, not money.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:44 pm

Froch hasnt changed. Its just he gets more coverage now and people can see what hes really like. Absolute nob.

Groves is the most lucrative option out there for him and he doesnt want it because its a hard fight. It funny watching him squirm around it.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:17 pm

All abuse from you isn't it...

Everyone is a knob.........Dear oh dear........

Froch is a great fighter.........Have some respect.......

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:07 am

Me Truss!?

Not sure if it was aimed me or not; regardless, i'm not saying he isn't a great fighter...he is, and his ledger is there for everyone to read.

The point I am making is that for 5 years previous we listened to him moan about not getting the spotlight he deserved, the recognition and respect he warranted all the time berating Calzaghe for avoiding him and beating on an old Hopkins and past it Jones.

Now he has the spotlight and credit he wanted, yet instead of making the most of it he is coming across as a very bitter and twisted bloke who is making a hypocrite of himself and everything he has said in the past.

I could forgive him had he come out and said 'I was given a real scare by George, he outboxed me all night but I kept plugging away and got the victory'. He hasn't...he has day by day taken more and more credit away from Groves to the point he has now gone back to claiming George doesn't belong at World Level...I mean he has to be kidding right? Clearly he hasn't watched the fight back (I wouldn't want to either if I was him)..

He trades on this warrior image but all of that is rather crumbling around him now; you can't claim to be a warrior and then pass on the rematch when it is the biggest money making fight out there...and that includes Chavez, Ward & Kessler 3. Even worse is he seemingly wants nothing to do with Stevenson (a man who went up in weight because he claimed he couldn't get the Froch bout at Super-Middle).

I have always admired him for the way he worked hard to get to where he has got too...but the next 12 months could define his career for me; if he walks away from fights with Groves & Stevenson & Ward to take on Chavez then his stock rather plummets because whilst people will always say 'look at the list of fighters he fought over 4 years' someone else can easily claim 'well he had little choice he was in the Super 6, when it came to actually matchmaking outside of that he avoided Groves, Stevenson and a return with Ward'

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:28 am

He joined the super six by choice, he didn't have to but wanted to test himself against the best. He bypassed Stevenson to rematch Kessler, a fight that at the time looked trickier and does more for his legacy.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:32 am

The bloke must be in emotional turmoil, his ego has taken a real bashing but lets be honest, casual fans lap up the Chavez fight. Its not the worst fight ever either but its horribly hypocritical. Regardless of everything recent the bloke deserves a fight in Vegas so if Chavez works then great. I'll roll my eyes a bit but I'll be watching.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:34 am

Had he not joined the Super 6 he wouldn't have had any options for the best part of 3 years; bar a Bute fight which he would have had to go to Canada for. That being said, credit to him for taking part...what I am pointing out is that his career choices from here on out could easily be used to beat him with when looking back at his career once he hangs them up. Regardless of whether he chose to join the Super 6 to test himself or for financial reasons...avoiding a rematch with Groves, bypassing a 2nd shot at Ward or not stepping up to take on Stevenson (or catch-weight if possible) will give people the chance to question whether he really wanted to 'out of his own pure choice' test himself against the best & answer questions which were asked of him in that Groves fight.

Interestingly I would love to see people's reaction should that one get PPV viewing over here; I would rather my £15 quid go to Groves than a mexican cheat who flounces every single rule in boxing when it comes to making weight, not using drugs and being hand gifted decisions and belts!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:42 am

I should clarify, if he fights on ppv next then I won't be buying . Especially if its Chavez.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:49 am

Why should he face Stevenson, the fight was there for Adonis once Froch had beaten Kessler but he chose to move up. Froch is under no obligation to chase a fighter through the weights when nobody wanted to see them face off in the first place. Again nobody cares about a Ward rematch, you seem to be clutching at straws with that.

He should rematch Groves but he's at the end of his career now and has constantly fought the best. I'm sure we can let him off not fighting Groves again when ultimately he won no matter how controversially.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:56 am

Not you Owen.........

Froch is getting a lot of crap on here..from the same types who loved him before groves....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:14 am

Why I am clutching at straws Hammersmith; I don't think your grasping what I am saying, perhaps take you time and read my points properly.

IF Froch is this warrior fighter who will take on anyone and everyone in a quest to prove his status as one of the best and create a legacy (all things which Froch has for the better part of half a decade claimed he wanted to do) then it is his obligation to seek out the best matches...at this moment in time they are Groves 2, Ward 2 and Stevenson (who I would bet my house on would be willing to step down to get a piece of Froch)

Lest we forget that 6 months ago all Froch could do was talk about was how he deserved a rematch with Ward and wanted him over here or in Vegas..now he has seemingly gone quiet on that front.

He has constantly spoken out about the likes of Calzaghe and other British fighters not giving him enough respect when coming through the ranks...yet is now doing exactly the same thing with Groves and has done so with Khan.

He has had a great career and I don't begrudge him a farewell fight against Chavez if he so should choose; but just don't do so pretending that it is the biggest test and fight out there when it is clear to all and sundry that it is not. Also don't sit and moan in 2 years time when people hold the Groves rematch that never happened fight against you along with the fact you never beat a true 'Superstar'...bonafide elite fighter...which is what Ward falls into and arguably Stevenson.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:17 am

Stevenson is not a bonafide elite level fighter, he isn't even close to that level and Froch beating him would mean no more than any of the super middleweights he already has. You have well and truly jumped on that bandwagon.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:33 am

Again you haven't read what I said....I used the term arguably! i.e. Some people would lump him that category, some may not...one thing is for sure he is the man at light heavyweight at this moment in time having disposed of Cloud & Dawson...this is something that Froch can and never will be able to say whilst at Super Middle...so stepping up and beating Adonis would certainly do him no harm what so ever...and if you can't see that your either pig ignorant or have no clue about boxing!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:42 am

Froch will not fight Chavez, as Chavez only fights for the WBC.
Froch will not fight Ward as it's a fight that won't sell in the US.

It's the Groves rematch or retirement.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:43 am

I'm reading what you're saying very clearly i'm just not agreeing with any of what you're saying because you're a know nothing who thinks he knows everything.

It's all about context, Froch is about as natural a 168lber you can find and doesn't have to move up at all to face somebody who I don't believe is that good. Dawson is a good win but Cloud was recently shown up by a 48 year old.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:31 am

I'm merely expressing my opinion...is that not what this board is for?! All your saying is that he deserves to have a gimme fight because of who he fought over the past 5 years...something which I am not disagreeing with.

The difference is your happy for him to bleat that it's the best option out their whilst overlooking the fact it isn't...whichever way you want to try and spin it. Be it that Froch is a natural 168'er or that he has 'seen' to Groves regardless of the controversy. I bet that isn't a line you were willing to buy into when Pacman beat Marquez twice in the first 3 fights?

The fact is that just like any other fighter in the history of boxing, Froch will have his record studied and picked apart when he retires. It happens to everyone and does so to better fighters than Carl...as a boxer the best he can do is ensure it doesn't have too many holes in it. Taking on Chavez whilst avoiding Groves, Stevenson & Ward (I use him loosely as he already whooped Froch anyway...but Froch has since said he deserves a rematch so if that's his belief he should chase the fight) would leave room for scrutiny come the time people evaluate his record. That is the point I am/have been making...if you truly don't think that's the case then your naive or just plain stupid...i'll allow you to choose.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:38 am

By all means say he's avoiding Groves but it's plain wrong to say he's avoiding Stevenson and Ward.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:18 am

If Froch goes on to fight as badly as he did against Groves then Chavez Jr would beat him.

Froch is done in my view. Any young strong fighter will give him serious problems.  I can't see him having any interest in the light heavies, he would get smashed up.  The Ward fight he loses but Ward doesn't bash anyone up, what has Froch got to lose if he is beat.

Golovkin is an absolute nightmare for Froch and does everything Groves can do only better.

The only fighter he has a realistic chance of beating is Chavez Jr.  It's a Las Vegas or Texas fight but like I said it's a tough night for a quickly declining Froch.

As for Froch's word's I take them with a pinch of salt.  Froch was, is and always will be a psychiatric case. The man is stone mad.  When he opens his mouth it is the rambling of a crazy nut.

I can still remember the start of the Super Six when Froch compared himself to Sugar Ray Leonard and Tommy Hearns.  To this day I have yet to hear him better that statement in terms of ridiculousness.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:57 am

Froch beats the snot out of Chavez... With barely any problem whatsoever.

Groves is the best option in terms of what the fans want, which is something that he kept saying that what he would adhere to, what the fans want. Said he would as he always does, leave it up  to Eddie, well Eddie wants the rematch. For his legacy, well another one sided loss to Ward which is what will happen does very little to enhance it, and keep telling us JCC jr is a great fighter all you want but lets be real Carl, who you kidding? A decisive win over Groves, which is a possibility and is a big money fight will keep YOUR fans happy, however I think everyones realises what they saw and Carl does too. Groves has his number and he's reluctant to give him a rematch right now.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:02 am

If its purely about trying to enhance his legacy:

1. Ward
2. Groves to set record straight and remove the doubts about the first fight
3 = Ggg, Stevenson, kovalev. They may not be considered elite fighters yet, but they are the three hottest names in and around his division. (Stevenson can still make light middle apparently), and if a career super middle in jc can go to light heavy I don't see why froch can't.
6. Chavez junior.

No-one is giving him stick for his opponent because he hasn't announced it. But if its all about the legacy and not about money/winability... Then that should be the order he's looking at.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:24 am

Stevenson making Light Middle... That would make him a freak. A guy who can make 154 crushing Dawson in one blow and bouncing Bellew around on every decent punch? Couple that with being known as a murderous puncher at 168? Bit dubious...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:29 am

Meant super middle, Alex. Would need a few months on hunger strike to make light middle. Think froch might struggle to get down there too!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:35 am

I was gonna say!!! Yeah he probably can make the weight but hes fought ar 175 for a little while now, 3 fights, nearly a year, I do wonder as to whether he could make it and for it not to take something out of him.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:39 am

Interesting that Stevenson, according to HBO, was 189 lb on fight night last week, only a single pound less than Bellew. Even a huge, career Light-Heavyweight such as Tarver generally only scaled about 186 / 187 back in his prime. The fact that Stevenson competed as a Super-Middle for so long kind of strengthens the idea that the way fighters are able to cut weight thanks to weigh ins taking place 36 hours before a fight is getting a bit out of hand now.

Also, given that Froch has in the past says he won't fight Hopkins at a higher weight because he doesn't want to give an opponent a "silly weight advantage" I think it's fair to say that Carl won't be too interested in even thinking about a Stevenson fight now that Adonis has got a couple of baubles at Light-Heavy.

So that basically leaves Groves II, Ward or Chavez Jr. Ward will probably beat him even more decisively (God only knows that Froch's excuses might be after another loss to him) and Chavez Jr just ain't much cop and brings little to a CV apart from a nice increase in earnings.

Appreciate that Carl won't like Groves' "Fight me again or retire" ultimatum, but Georgie Boy does have a point.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:33 am

not giving a rematch to someone he already beat and wanting to fight better fighters with a bigger worldwide draw isn't ducking.

people see to think that when george was pulled out it was the last round. he'd fough t very well but failed failed to get froch out and was fading fast. it was a tko loss. groves should get over it and move on as he's proved he's a top fighter.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:23 am

Guess he's thankful Kessler didnt feel the same way, and if he fights chavez, he's not taking on a better fighter, just a bigger draw for Mexicans.

If he takes a bigger challenge, fair enough.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:32 pm

OasisBFC wrote:not giving a rematch to someone he already beat and wanting to fight better fighters with a bigger worldwide draw isn't ducking.

people see to think that when george was pulled out it was the last round. he'd fough t very well but failed failed to get froch out and was fading fast. it was a tko loss. groves should get over it and move on as he's proved he's a top fighter.
He says he doesn't want to go over old ground, but he is expecting Andre Ward to. Wards win was more definitive than Frochs was over Groves, I hope Ward tells him where to shove it, because fighting Chavez brings nothing but money. That said Chavez hits hard, hits often and doesn't stop coming, Froch was hurt by Groves badly so I'd be interested in seeing how handles the pressure Chavez would bring.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:02 pm

Froch is not obliged to rematch groves and given the long list of top fighters he has faced and beaten his reputation is doing just fine, even if he does supposedly dodge groves, he took the fight to start with and beat him. Just because it was a tough fight and the ref stopped him while he was stopping groves it's not his fault..

He has come off two very tough fights and imo is entitled to pick and choose the odd fight.

He is 36 and will be pushing 37 if he had a rematch meaning the chances are he will be less effective while groves could be better. Nothing wrong if Froch would like to put his energies else where.

Groves will want a rematch and his fans will of course... Because it's another world title shot rather than face other tough fights to get in line for another strap.

Groves should have stopped froch in round 2 after he hurt him bad in round 1, he did not and was stopped in the 9th, simples.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:05 pm

So you don't see the hypocrisy on Froch not wanting to go over ground, but be expected Kessler to, and be expects Ward to as well?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:42 pm

hampo171 wrote:So you don't see the hypocrisy on Froch not wanting to go over ground, but be expected Kessler to, and be expects Ward to as well?
Froch was a world champion when he lost a close decision in kesslers back yard and went and won another strap and then another strap as well as fighting Ward before having a rematch with kessler, I think it's fair to say he earned the rematch. Groves done well but was stopped, simple as. Froch is 36 and does not have many fights left and is a current and three time champ and seeing as he has fought with everyone I just don't see why he has to have a gun to his head to fight groves just because the reff stopped him while he was stopping groves...

Also at 36 your form is likely to dip from then on, particularly if you fight the way Froch does, where at 26 it can increase so there is a chance Froch would not perform as well and this time not have the steel he had in this fight, he should have the right to look at his next couple fights in a way to suit him... That's how I see it.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:45 pm

No he doesn't hampo! The whole 'its about legacy so get me that great fighter chavez' point is lost on some of Carl's fans too.

I don't begrudge him taking a money fight if he'd quit the warrior/legacy spiel while he does it. Won't be holding my breath.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:46 pm

Also if he feels he had one big fight left in him it would be understandable if he wanted to go out with a ward rematch even if he lost as it would make more sense to beat him than groves again...

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:50 pm

Agree with that tunes... Lets see who he fights, and hope its not chavez.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:51 pm

milkyboy wrote:No he doesn't hampo! The whole 'its about legacy so get me that great fighter chavez' point is lost on some of Carl's fans too.

I don't begrudge him taking a money fight if he'd quit the warrior/legacy spiel while he does it. Won't be holding my breath.
but groves was not keen on giving degale a rematch after what many felt was an unlucky decision for degale..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:52 pm

milkyboy wrote:Agree with that tunes... Lets see who he fights, and hope its not chavez.
I think he should just go for ward get beat and call it a day.

If he can drag ward over here then he might find a chink in his armor but doubt it...

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:53 pm

Carl feels he escaped a bullet.........Feels people will forget about Groves and mark him on his achievements......Playing the long game...

Which they will do in time.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:58 pm

The difference tunes, is that Groves doesn't go round calling himself an 'old school, do the right thing, take on the best challenges, international super warrior'. It's not the validity of a fight that's being questioned, its froch's hypocrisy.

Anyway, if he takes a challenging opponent, no beef here.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:07 am

Much beef here to be honest. Biggest crier in the game - even when he's gotten lucky.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:08 am

tunes666 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:No he doesn't hampo! The whole 'its about legacy so get me that great fighter chavez' point is lost on some of Carl's fans too.

but groves was not keen on giving degale a rematch after what many felt was an unlucky decision for degale..  

There's a big difference it was a contentious decision not a controversial one, the fight could have gone either way and Groves got the nod. On the other hand there is no contention that it was a terrible and premature stoppage, no amount of crystal ball gazing will change that.

Groves was robbed of a chance to win which Degale was not.

I have no problem with Froch avoiding a rematch but it had to be against a worthwhile opponent like Ward or even Stieglitz or a move up in weight. In isolation Chavez isn't an awful choice of opponent and the monetary rewards make it worthwhile but not at the expense of more viable options.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:32 am

I think that sums it up pretty well hammer.

Chavez is only a terrible opponent in context... that context being the legacy chasing warrior context

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:34 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Much beef here to be honest. Biggest crier in the game - even when he's gotten lucky.
Don't get me wrong shah, I'm not a fan, but if he turns his back in a groves rematch for a serious challenge, I can at least respect the reasoning.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:41 am

milkyboy wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Much beef here to be honest. Biggest crier in the game - even when he's gotten lucky.
Don't get me wrong shah, I'm not a fan, but if he turns his back in a groves rematch for a serious challenge, I can at least respect the reasoning.
I know, but it won't wipe out the groves fight for me - like others seem to think, if he fights someone else then it'll be a clear duck of a fight he could lose (no money excuses about this fight!) in favour of one - he knows he's going to lose but won't be detrimental to his record (ward) or a fight he would probably win by a fat pampered oaf who is only where he is because of his father's name (a true warrior who probably invented trenches) and the likelihood that his uncle sully likes to bum him.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next