The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yes Another Froch Article But It Needs To Be Done!

+17
Steffan
ShahenshahG
tunes666
hampo17
OasisBFC
88Chris05
AlexHuckerby
Strongback
Mayweathers cellmate
owen10ozzy
KingMonkey
Hammersmith harrier
TRUSSMAN66
catchweight
milkyboy
hazharrison
ONETWOFOREVER
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Yes Another Froch Article But It Needs To Be Done! - Page 2 Empty Yes Another Froch Article But It Needs To Be Done!

Post by owen10ozzy Sat 07 Dec 2013, 2:17 am

First topic message reminder :

Ok first things first; this article will lack substance right now...1) Because I have Just got back from a night out 2) Because I think the stuff Froch says is enough to give anyone ground to give him stick without me saying anything...

That being said here is the latest interview with the man once known as the warrior and the guy who we all thought would be happy to take on everyone;

Carl Froch all but dismissed the idea of going 'over old ground' in a rematch with George Groves.

"Do I want to go over old ground? Not at the minute, no. I like to move forward in my career and the only old ground I like to go over again is for a defeat."

Carl Froch

The WBC and IBF middleweight champion was on Ringside for the first time since his controversial win on November 23.

Groves has demanded a rematch after being stopped in the ninth round of their contest and promoter Eddie Hearn has even admitted he - as a fan - wants to see a second showdown.

But the final decision falls to 36-year-old Froch and he all but ruled it out.

"I defended my title against a mandatory. I beat an unbeaten fighter, a hungry, ambitious fighter who came to try and win the fight - and winning with a technical knockout in the ninth round is a great result," he said.

"Do I want to go over old ground? Not at the minute, no.

"I like to move forward in my career and the only old ground I like to go over again is for a defeat.

"It was nice to avenge the Mikkel Kessler defeat, it would be nice to avenge the Andre Ward defeat if that can possibly be made."
Opinions

Promoter Hearn revealed he has been in America discussing possible fights with Ward, Gennady Golovkin and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

Groves - Foster made terrible decision

Froch himself ruled out a match-up with former mandatory but now light-heavyweight star Adonis Stevenson, but although he knows there is still public demand to see him and Groves go at it again, he believes the interest is fading.

"It's a 50-50 split right now and the longer the time goes and the longer people watch the fight, opinions are changing a lot," he added.

"Like Eddie said, I have got a lot of options.

"I am going to enjoy a wonderful Christmas with my beautiful family, then I am going to make a decision - and I decide who I am going to fight.

"If I decide to fight again I am going to make the correct decision based on where I want to go forward.

"I will speak to Eddie, my trainer Rob McCracken and my family and then I will make the decision based on what I feel is right for me - and everyone else."
This says everything about Froch for me at the moment. A guy who worked so hard to get himself noted and appreciated in the general public for so long but has now fallen back into the 'arrogant' boxer mould of believing his own hype. Fair enough if he was unbeaten but he has lost to Kessler, been outboxed and out thought by Ward and shown a lesson by a guy who he still maintains is 'not on his level'. It infuriates me that he made so much of Groves showing a lack of respect in the build up, yet every day that passes he comes across as more of a *o** about the whole thing than ever! I mean this guy shows he wants nothing to do with Groves or Stevenson yet believes he can avenge a Ward defeat? Talk about being living in a fantasy land!

My aim is to get him on the 606 podcast to tell him a) he was lucky against Groves and should rematch him if he is a 'true warrior' b) has now proved in his career that he would have had his face pasted by Calzaghe had they ever met because he is nothing more than a very average boxer who trades on hearts and guts...and that only gets you so far!

Last edited by owen10ozzy on Sat 07 Dec 2013, 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Yes Another Froch Article But It Needs To Be Done! - Page 2 Empty Re: Yes Another Froch Article But It Needs To Be Done!

Post by milkyboy Sun 08 Dec 2013, 1:52 pm

Well you have a point mate, certainly. Eddie seems keen on a groves rematch, so who knows.

Interesting how froch was distancing himself from Stevenson, who called him out after the bellew fight. Most unwarrior like. Not top of the risk reward table I guess.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Yes Another Froch Article But It Needs To Be Done! - Page 2 Empty Re: Yes Another Froch Article But It Needs To Be Done!

Post by Steffan Sun 08 Dec 2013, 1:59 pm

Carl Froch is a fcukin knob

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sun 08 Dec 2013, 2:10 pm

Steffan wrote:Carl Froch is a fcukin knob
One way to completely end this debate! Close the threads mods were done! Laugh 

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 08 Dec 2013, 2:11 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:
Well, it is a momentous declaration - he's attempting reconciliation by finding common ground

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 08 Dec 2013, 2:13 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
owen10ozzy wrote:
Well, it is a momentous declaration - he's attempting reconciliation by finding common ground
Are you calling me a fcukin knob Sha?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 08 Dec 2013, 2:16 pm

Steffan wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
owen10ozzy wrote:
Thought it'd take you a little while to get that

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 08 Dec 2013, 2:20 pm

You've got to get up pretty early in the morning to catch Steffan out.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 08 Dec 2013, 2:22 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
Steffan wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
owen10ozzy wrote:
Go fuuck yourself

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 08 Dec 2013, 2:25 pm

Steffan wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
Steffan wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
owen10ozzy wrote:
Go fuuck yourself
I would but it'd be innappropriate in the circumstances. Plus I left the lube at home.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Sun 08 Dec 2013, 2:58 pm

Stefan doesn't know what lube is, Shah. Wet wool is a natural lubricant.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 08 Dec 2013, 3:08 pm

superflyweight wrote:Stefan doesn't know what lube is, Shah.  Wet wool is a natural lubricant.  
I suspect that's why he hasn't replied yet, he's waiting on a morse code wiki entry on lube trying to work out whether i've insulted him or not.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 08 Dec 2013, 3:16 pm

Mate I know all about lube. I normally use it when smashing your mothers back door in (while superflyweights sister licks my back) Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 08 Dec 2013, 3:25 pm

Steffan wrote:Mate I know all about lube. I normally use it when smashing your mothers back door in (while superflyweights sister licks my back) Very Happy
I've told her several times not to put fleece on the labrador but does she listen, now its puppies are going to attack nurses and flee from eastern europeans. I imagine superflyweights sister was drunk and was craving some mutton.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Sun 08 Dec 2013, 4:43 pm

Steffan wrote:Mate I know all about lube. I normally use it when smashing your mothers back door in (while superflyweights sister licks my back) Very Happy

I thought you were gay Steff?
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 08 Dec 2013, 4:55 pm

DavidBlunkettsuppercut wrote:
Beggars can't be choosers.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 08 Dec 2013, 8:53 pm

DavidBlunkettsuppercut wrote:
Not gay, not straight... Baasexual:run:

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 08 Dec 2013, 9:00 pm

I am not gay I like women. I do not have sex with sheep either. However if you people get kicks out of making false accusations or xenophobic jokes then crack on. Doesnt reallly say much about you lot does it OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 08 Dec 2013, 9:02 pm

Suppose we shouldn't be sticking our big noses in where they're not wanted should we Steffanie.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 08 Dec 2013, 9:06 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Suppose we shouldn't be sticking our big noses in where they're not wanted should we Steffanie.
And now trying to insult me because of my name...

Gotta love you internet hardmen Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 08 Dec 2013, 9:11 pm

having read through this... I still don't know why this thread needed to be done.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 08 Dec 2013, 9:11 pm

having read through this... I still don't know why this thread needed to be done. Like Froch would say, "covering old ground"
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 08 Dec 2013, 9:14 pm

Steffan wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Suppose we shouldn't be sticking our big noses in where they're not wanted should we Steffanie.

Coming from the guy who has spent years posting bile about Froch and other english boxers, uploading flags of teams playing the england football team.

Got to love you internet hypocrites.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 08 Dec 2013, 9:18 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Coming from the guy who has spent years posting bile about Froch and other english boxers, uploading flags of teams playing the england football team.

Got to love you internet hypocrites.
Il post what I want. If you dont like it then add me to your foes list and you wont have to read it or look at my avatar. Simple hey

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 08 Dec 2013, 9:25 pm

Right back at you, if you insist on complaining, practice what you preach.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 08 Dec 2013, 9:36 pm

Carl Froch is a fcukin knob

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 08 Dec 2013, 9:37 pm

As are you dear lady.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 08 Dec 2013, 9:44 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:As are you dear lady.
I have never once insulted you yet you constantly feel the need to do it to me. Its pathetic

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 08 Dec 2013, 10:20 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:There's a big difference it was a contentious decision not a controversial one, the fight could have gone either way and Groves got the nod. On the other hand there is no contention that it was a terrible and premature stoppage, no amount of crystal ball gazing will change that.

Groves was robbed of a chance to win which Degale was not.
Not at all. The Reff is there to make a call, he made the call as Froch was stopping Groves hitting him with repeated punches, people can dispute it as many have, but some also say that Groves was on the way out anyway and Froch was also robbed of some glory.   That is no different to the judges making their call in the Groves Degale match, which many had Degale winning by a couple rounds..

Degale was the champ and did not get the rematch because Groves would not go anywhere near it.

Both can be seen as controversial, or just unlucky. But there is a bit of hypocrisy from Groves fans with that one I think.  The reason Groves did not rematch is he did not want to risk getting beaten and wanted to look for other fights that suited him...

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcanicash Sun 08 Dec 2013, 10:23 pm

tunes666 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:No he doesn't hampo! The whole 'its about legacy so get me that great fighter chavez' point is lost on some of Carl's fans too.

I don't begrudge him taking a money fight if he'd quit the warrior/legacy spiel while he does it. Won't be holding my breath.
 but groves was not keen on giving degale a rematch after what many felt was an unlucky decision for degale..  

There's a big difference it was a contentious decision not a controversial one, the fight could have gone either way and Groves got the nod. On the other hand there is no contention that it was a terrible and premature stoppage, no amount of crystal ball gazing will change that.

I have no problem with Froch avoiding a rematch but it had to be against a worthwhile opponent like Ward or even Stieglitz or a move up in weight. In isolation Chavez isn't an awful choice of opponent and the monetary rewards make it worthwhile but not at the expense of more viable options.
What about the Kenny Anderson fight? Anderson was stopped in just as controversial circumstances as Groves was, he was well in the fight and yet was stopped prematurely. Anderson came in unbeaten and has remained unbeaten since the fight and gained the british title.

Not saying 2 wrongs make a right but its easy to forget Groves has benefited from controversial/contentious decisions in the past himself so its a little rich for him to demand a rematch on that basis and say he's the only option for Froch when the likes of Ward, Golovkin and Stevenson are being touted as tougher and potentially more lucrative options.

Volcanicash

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 08 Dec 2013, 10:27 pm

milkyboy wrote:Well you have a point mate, certainly. Eddie seems keen on a groves rematch, so who knows.

Interesting how froch was distancing himself from Stevenson, who called him out after the bellew fight. Most unwarrior like. Not top of the risk reward table I guess.
Froch mater much? lol

Maybe the fact that Froch is a legitimate Super Middleweight and not a Light Heavyweight might have something to do with it?

My feeling is why is a Light Heavyweight calling out a super middleweight? not what I call warrior like either.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 08 Dec 2013, 10:49 pm

tunes666 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:There's a big difference it was a contentious decision not a controversial one, the fight could have gone either way and Groves got the nod. On the other hand there is no contention that it was a terrible and premature stoppage, no amount of crystal ball gazing will change that.

Not at all. The Reff is there to make a call, he made the call as Froch was stopping Groves hitting him with repeated punches, people can dispute it as many have, but some also say that Groves was on the way out anyway and Froch was also robbed of some glory.   That is no different to the judges making their call in the Groves Degale match, which many had Degale winning by a couple rounds..

Degale was the champ and did not get the rematch because Groves would not go anywhere near it.

Both can be seen as controversial, or just unlucky. But there is a bit of hypocrisy from Groves fans with that one I think.  The reason Groves did not rematch is he did not want to risk getting beaten and wanted to look for other fights that suited him...
You are completely wrong, nobody thinks that fight should have been stopped when it was hence the controversy, many though think Groves deserved the nod against Degale hence the contention. You seem to be confusing controversial and contentious and calling them the same thing, they are not and there is a very clear distinction.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 09 Dec 2013, 7:02 am

tunes666 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:Well you have a point mate, certainly. Eddie seems keen on a groves rematch, so who knows.

Froch mater much? lol

Maybe the fact that Froch is a legitimate Super Middleweight and not a Light Heavyweight might have something to do with it?

My feeling is why is a Light Heavyweight calling out a super middleweight?  not what I call warrior like either.
Milky has many failings, such as bad breath, bad hygiene, a fear of leaving the house, A fear of staying in the house unless he's murdered a pacifist and a tendency to keep edl members as his sex slaves but I would rigorously defend milky against any accusations of mating with froch

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 09 Dec 2013, 10:51 am

ShahenshahG wrote:
tunes666 wrote:

Froch mater much? lol

My feeling is why is a Light Heavyweight calling out a super middleweight?  not what I call warrior like either.
Milky has many failings, such as bad breath, bad hygiene, a fear of leaving the house, A fear of staying in the house unless he's murdered a pacifist and a tendency to keep edl members as his sex slaves but I would rigorously defend milky against any accusations of mating with froch

quite right shah. edl sex slaves are all well and good, but froch? That nose? I have my standards!

Tunes. Stevenson is a career super middle who was froch's mandatory less than a year ago. He took the dawson fight, after froch side stepped him for kessler. It was a bigger fight for froch, so fair enough, but stevenson can apparently still make super middle. The canadian people want revenge for pascal and bute. He has plenty of reason to call out froch. The massive international super warrior, just didnt sound like he fancied sharing a trench with stevenson under any circumstances.

Regardless, if a wimp, ducker, career super middle like calzaghe can go to light heavy for big money fights at the end of his career... i'm sure the greatest warrior this country has produced, would have no trouble in doing so - especially to fight, in essence, another career super middle.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 09 Dec 2013, 11:11 am

So are we saying Froch will fight anybody with the caveat being he knows he can win?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 09 Dec 2013, 12:35 pm

With a ring weight of 189lbs I would doubt very much if Stevenson can still make 168lb. We all saw how it affected Dawson.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Mon 09 Dec 2013, 12:56 pm

You are completely wrong, nobody thinks that fight should have been stopped when it was hence the controversy, many though think Groves deserved the nod against Degale hence the contention. You seem to be confusing controversial and contentious and calling them the same thing, they are not and there is a very clear distinction.

Actually Im not. Some do actually think the stoppage was ok, obviously not Groves fans. After looking at the fight again many also feel while it was a few seconds early Groves was about to be stopped so the result was fair enough.
Point is that both victories were disputed after the judges or the reffs decisions where questioned.

Both had controversial outcomes, all be it conclusive as the results were concluded by the people paid to do what they did..

Froch has dodged Groves no more than Groves dodged Degale... only Froch is the world champ and has very rarely picked his own opponents and Groves is not and has picked them all apart from the Degale match.

So there is more hypocrisy to go round.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 09 Dec 2013, 1:28 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:With a ring weight of 189lbs I would doubt very much if Stevenson can still make 168lb. We all saw how it affected Dawson.

He's a midget hammy!

If he's happy at super middle as a 35 year old, then i don't see why not at 36. Sure he'll have a had a training programme to bulk up that he'd need to reverse. But Dawson was a career light heavy, trying to get down. Not the same thing in my view.

He didnt look 189lb either. Are these official weights, or just the figs the camp give to hbo? Sounds like he was wearing his jewellery.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Dec 2013, 2:02 pm

It does surprise me when people get annoyed by boxers' arrogance,hypocrisy or delusion. It's hard to get out of the mindset (I would imagine!) after all that ultra positive. it's not just boxers who are like this-I read a book on Seb Coe and Steve Ovett and the former(who always came across as a knob) had similar unshakeable self-belief.It just comes with the territiory.
Khan, like Froch, has a very dreary delivery and neither can really pull off the "me-me-me" stuff with any panache. Froch in particular seems to rub people up the wrong way, I've never thought he wsa that bad to be honest, remember Clazaghe being a dreart bleating show off at the early part of his career but he gave it up as he was totally sh*t at it.
Also,Groves only had a few seconds left-the fight was over...the ref was premature but he was saved by the ref...who was close enough to see what we couldn't..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2