The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'The Welsh 6' to be loaned to English Clubs?

+23
Hound of Harrow
Welly
Steffan
Kingshu
George Carlin
TJ
Brendan
ScarletSpiderman
doctor_grey
geoff999rugby
Cardiff Dave
Casartelli
Taffineastbourne
Jhamer25
Heaf
formerly known as Sam
quinsforever
beshocked
Bathite
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
lostinwales
Notch
Scrumpy
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

'The Welsh 6' to be loaned to English Clubs? Empty 'The Welsh 6' to be loaned to English Clubs?

Post by Scrumpy Tue 07 Jan 2014, 3:41 pm

WRU ‘will move their top stars to England’

Sam Warburton
Leigh Halfpenny
Adam Jones
Alun Wyn Jones
Rhys Priestland?
Scott Williams?

http://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/domestic-club-rugby-union/pro12-celtic-league/13423/wru-will-move-their-op-stars-to-england/

Any takers?

I'm sure Bath could take AWJ and 1/2p  Whistle
The good bit is the Clubs that do take them on won't have to pay a fine if they are released outside of the IRB window as they are loaned players.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

'The Welsh 6' to be loaned to English Clubs? Empty Re: 'The Welsh 6' to be loaned to English Clubs?

Post by Notch Tue 07 Jan 2014, 3:53 pm

Ah, jeeeeez  picard 
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

'The Welsh 6' to be loaned to English Clubs? Empty Re: 'The Welsh 6' to be loaned to English Clubs?

Post by quinsforever Tue 07 Jan 2014, 3:59 pm

how did the WRU geniuses think this wouldnt make its way into the rugby rags?

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 07 Jan 2014, 5:11 pm

Like the sound of that. My prediction would be:

Sarries get Alun Wyn Jones
Quins get Adam Jones
Tigers get Halfpenny
Saints get Warburton
Gloucester get Priestland
Bath get Scott Williams

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 07 Jan 2014, 5:21 pm

Bath get Scott Williams? They have the already excellent Eastmond and shelled out on Joseph in the summer. Tigers have the far cheaper Mat Tait. Sarries would never fit, AWJ under the cap. Unless these are all paid by the WRU and loaned at a peppercorn rate in which case the 6 unlucky PRL members will go bananas and look to halt the deals.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 07 Jan 2014, 5:23 pm

Cos we will take 'em just like that, stick 'em in our teams ahead of everyone else and give 'em back all buffed and polished and good as new, like, whenever the WRU want them?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 07 Jan 2014, 5:26 pm

beshocked wrote:Like the sound of that. My prediction would be:

Quins get Adam Jones
Tigers get Halfpenny
Saints get Warburton
Bath get Scott Williams

Pls explain?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 07 Jan 2014, 5:27 pm

Have you been playing fantasy rugby manager again?

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 07 Jan 2014, 5:28 pm

Sam remember Borthwick is retiring at the end of the season. I am sure he's one of our highest earners plus it frees up a spot for a lock. Plus if part of his salary is paid by the WRU it could work.

Where else would Scott Williams go? Not - Saints,Sarries,Leicester,Gloucester or Quins so that leaves Bath or one of the other clubs.

Tigers might have Tait but they would be getting a much better 15. They wouldn't need any of the other options.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 07 Jan 2014, 5:32 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:

Quins get Adam Jones
Tigers get Halfpenny
Saints get Warburton
Bath get Scott Williams

Pls explain?

Sarries could do with a new second row with Borthwick retiring - freeing up some of the cap
Quins with the loss of Johnston last season could do with a high profile tight head signing.
Halfpenny would be a huge improvement on Tigers full back options.
Saints could do with a top class openside to compliment Wood in the backrow.
Gloucester will need a fly half to replace Burns if Burns leaves as expected plus coach and player would be reunited.
Scott Williams - could perhaps go to Exeter or a whole host of clubs on 2nd thoughts.

Last edited by beshocked on Tue 07 Jan 2014, 5:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Tue 07 Jan 2014, 5:32 pm

lostinwales wrote:Cos we will take 'em just like that, stick 'em in our teams ahead of everyone else and give 'em back all buffed and polished and good as new, like, whenever the WRU want them?
if we get them cheap enough i say we keep them on the bench as impact substitutes and let our lads prep for RWC2015. their hearts wouldnt really be in it for our clubs anyway if it is mooted as some sort of temporary stop-gap, so definitely dont let them start on the teamsheet.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 07 Jan 2014, 5:38 pm

Sarries have already agreed to sign Hayden Smith back from the NFL and will need to offer better terms to their players in order to retain them. For example Mako Vunipola won't consider the wage he accepted when he was a developing prop adequate now he's a regular international with Lions caps. Those players Sarries have developed will want a pay rise. Tigers have had that for years, big name goes and is replaced by a cheaper option with the difference being used to help retain the break through players.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 07 Jan 2014, 5:43 pm

I suppose that's true Sam but it depends what the loan deal consists of.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 07 Jan 2014, 6:43 pm

Hence my original comment on cheap loans and the likelihood of those being allowed by the non-participating PRL members. Though I believe it takes 75% of member votes to force a change so as long as enough clubs were able to benefit it would get through. Potentially dangerous precedent with cheating the cap though, what's to stop (for example) Bruce Craig from signing an international on a chunky contract for a semi pro club and then 'loaning' him for next to nothing to Bath who basically get a free player under the cap.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Tue 07 Jan 2014, 7:09 pm

Or make it really fun and make them play for a different team each week  Very Happy

They could have a lucky dip system called WOW POW ... Win One Welsh Player for One Week

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Tue 07 Jan 2014, 7:18 pm

Im sorry but this is a load of sh!te and a stupid article and thread. All the regions have offered there stars new deals today, it is 'believed' that the WRU have also made offers to the players to conract them to the WRU.
The wru are completely against the regions going in to an Anglo-Welsh league because 'it's not in the best interest of welsh rugby' but they would move all the welsh players to the Aviva to get one over of the regions. Yes that makes sense  OK 
If the WRU have offered to centrally contract these players to the WRU then is clear that they would then be paced in new regions, if this new PA agreement doesn't go to plan.
The WRU have played some dirty tricks but i'm sure that this isn't the case

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Tue 07 Jan 2014, 7:21 pm

GATLAND's law II..

Get A Taff on Loan At Nice Discount

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Tue 07 Jan 2014, 7:26 pm

Smile 

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Tue 07 Jan 2014, 7:32 pm

I suppose that I may appear overly sensitive but I find English folk making merry as Welsh Rugby hits the iceberg deeply unfunny.
Please grow up and get real.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Tue 07 Jan 2014, 7:35 pm

Sorry Taff - didn't mean to offend but the whole idea just seemed so crazy it was hard to be serious.

I take no pleasure in seeing any rugby organisation going through these sorts of issues as it's good for nobody.

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Tue 07 Jan 2014, 7:45 pm

it's always darkest just before dawn. strikes me that there will be no resolution to the wru rrw saga without some serious bloodletting on one or both sides.

i for one hope that the regions/clubs win, and the musicman gets defenestrated.

but in the meantime we have to take our laughs where we can. no point just being depressed about it.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Tue 07 Jan 2014, 7:46 pm

quinsforever wrote:GATLAND's law II..

My sides are literally splitting at this one. Very classy.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Tue 07 Jan 2014, 7:49 pm

Heaf wrote:Sorry Taff - didn't mean to offend but the whole idea just seemed so crazy it was hard to be serious.

I take no pleasure in seeing any rugby organisation going through these sorts of issues as it's good for nobody.
Fair play.
I cannot begin to express my feelings about the individuals who have made a wedge of money running our game into the ground.
With the economy in Wales and the crowd levels generated with fixtures against Scottish,Irish and Italian opposition even Paul Daniels would struggle to make it work.I am not Einstein but I could see from the outset that the professional model was unsustainable.
We will be rendered to Argentina level as top level pro Rugby cannot be viable in Wales at the moment unless there is a major oil strike. Rolling Eyes 

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Tue 07 Jan 2014, 7:49 pm

Casartelli wrote:

My sides are literally splitting at this one.  Very classy.
ah, my personal stalker. so nice to hear from you again.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Tue 07 Jan 2014, 7:56 pm

quinsforever wrote:
Casartelli wrote:

My sides are literally splitting at this one.  Very classy.
ah, my personal stalker. so nice to hear from you again.

With regret, I can't reciprocate. Liked it much better on here when you/Mysti were on festive hols.

Your acronym 'joke' thing doesn't even work as you've ignored 'on' but included 'A' and 'At'. Clay class.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Tue 07 Jan 2014, 7:58 pm

diddums

i think you'll find jokes rarely succeed or fail on the basis of grammar/literary accuracy

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 07 Jan 2014, 8:02 pm

Bathite wrote:Have you been playing fantasy rugby manager again?

More like fantasy rugby "chief exec".

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Tue 07 Jan 2014, 8:06 pm

quinsforever wrote:diddums

i think you'll find jokes rarely succeed or fail on the basis of grammar/literary accuracy

Although many fail when badly constructed by unpleasant dim witted folk. Anyways, all the best to you. Enjoy your Rugby Champions Cup thing.  Hug 

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Tue 07 Jan 2014, 8:06 pm

Taff, I have to admit to not being up to speed with all the ins and outs and who's to blame etc but I really do hope something gets sorted out, as as much as I'd obviously like to see England successful I want that to be in the context of the rest of the British & Irish teams also being strong as that's best for the future of rugby overall. If it's not competitive it becomes pretty boring pretty quickly in my view. Fingers crossed someone has a sensible plan ...

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Tue 07 Jan 2014, 8:17 pm

Heaf,England will certAinly feel the draft as Welsh rugby goes down the tubes.Scotland are also on the verge.In three years or so things will be very very different.
Too many little Napoleons looking after their own interests and missing the bigger picture.Maybe England could copy American baseball and have their own World Series.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Tue 07 Jan 2014, 8:18 pm

Casartelli wrote:

Although many fail when badly constructed by unpleasant dim witted folk.  Anyways, all the best to you.  Enjoy your Rugby Champions Cup thing.  Hug 
 laughing try wiping away (the) tears

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Tue 07 Jan 2014, 8:19 pm

Laugh

I can't see it happening but it begs the question how the Welsh have allowed it to get to this stage, someone needs to take charge and bang some heads together.  Erm 
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Tue 07 Jan 2014, 8:51 pm

Don't have to go to England

The 2 Jones boys would be useful replacements here in Ulster for Afoa and Muller why the dust settles

If they come cheap so much the better  Very Happy 

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Tue 07 Jan 2014, 8:55 pm

Quins get Adam Jones
Tigers get Halfpenny
Saints get Warburton
Bath get Scott Williams
But, but, but, Saints don't need Warburton. For Saints, I would take Adam Jones. A team can never have enough top level props.

Most teams would jump at the chance to get AWJ, he is simply a class act.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Tue 07 Jan 2014, 9:48 pm

Taffineastbourne wrote:Maybe England could copy American baseball and have their own World Series.

Mate the mess welsh rugby is in has nothing to do with England, English fans or clubs.

Why do we always get it in the neck? Crying or Very sad

Maybe the Jeff could set up a draft system to recruit welsh players on a yearly basis? Whistle
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 07 Jan 2014, 9:52 pm

CA's and Quins can you two cut this cack, its getting so old now
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Tue 07 Jan 2014, 9:53 pm

I don't know why they wouldn't send them to S15. Surely that would be the thing for them to do. Sure some of the Aus teams would take them.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Tue 07 Jan 2014, 10:03 pm

Scrumpy wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:Maybe England could copy American baseball and have their own World Series.

Mate the mess welsh rugby is in has nothing to do with England, English fans or clubs.

Maybe the Jeff could set up a draft system to recruit welsh players on a yearly basis? Whistle
I would expect no less from you.Awareness,thoughtful and insightful mental processes always at a premium in your contributions.Good lad.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Tue 07 Jan 2014, 10:04 pm

that is well out of order quins

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 08 Jan 2014, 5:30 am

clap You have totally not received enough credit for that joke.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Wed 08 Jan 2014, 9:32 am

Taffineastbourne wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:

I would expect no less from you.Awareness,thoughtful and insightful mental processes always at a premium in your contributions.Good lad.

Lighten up Taffin, if you take this seriously then you'll end up with a stomach ulcer.  kiss 
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Wed 08 Jan 2014, 9:51 am

You are absolutely right.Why on Earth should I be concerned about the collapse of Welsh Rugby at the top level?
What an idiot am I!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Wed 08 Jan 2014, 9:59 am

Absolutely that's the spirit. Smile

Its not like the warning signs haven't been there for Welsh rugby fans, you only had to watch one Rabo game to see that the fans weren't supporting the Regions, the stadiums were only 1/2 to 3/4 full at the best of times.

This was always going to happen at some point unless the part time rugby fans in Wales got behind their Region as well as the die hard fans getting over their old club rivalries.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Wed 08 Jan 2014, 10:08 am

That's alright then.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Wed 08 Jan 2014, 10:11 am

You reap what you sow.

The warning signs have been there for the last 10 years at least.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 08 Jan 2014, 11:17 am

Scrumpy wrote:You reap what you sow.

The warning signs have been there for the last 10 years at least.

Aye the ringing bells, flashing lights, loud klaxons, etc.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Wed 08 Jan 2014, 11:22 am

Empty seats!
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 08 Jan 2014, 11:38 am

Scrumpy wrote:Empty seats!

You'll always get those. Even team Wales get them nowadays.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Wed 08 Jan 2014, 12:07 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:Empty seats!

You'll always get those. Even team Wales get them nowadays.

Need I say more! Very Happy 
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Wed 08 Jan 2014, 3:38 pm

Think everyone is forgetting that under premiership rules clubs are not allowed players under 3rd party contracts

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next