The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+28
Dave.
MR. scotland27
red_stag
Ozzy3213
Mickado
Glas a du
Davie
littleswannygirl
KiaRose
The_Hound_of_Harrow
witchonapig
nottins
Luckless Pedestrian
Suspicious lurker
prop_lyd
Thomond
WillyGilly
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Schrodinger's Cat
mickyt
Notch
PenfroPete
BlueMuff
Rava
Adam D
MBTGOG
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Cari
32 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Cari Wed 18 May 2011 - 15:25

First topic message reminder :

Welcome all to the new pub. Hopefully the traditions from the last 606 will continue here in our new home. The only new rule I have really is, see that Tommy Bowe signed picture there above the bar? If anyone defaces that, they're barred. There'll be banter, indepth discussion, some rambling but above all mutual respect as always. It all looks very swish, but we still serve traditional beverages and food. So what'll it be?

Oh if you have any complaints by the way, don't look at me - speak to rugbydreamer cause she's a mod! Very Happy

king

Now to fire up the jukebox...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98W9QuMq-2k

Last edited by Cari on Wed 18 May 2011 - 15:32; edited 1 time in total

Cari

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Cari Wed 18 May 2011 - 16:32

I'm glad you mentioned the foe bit Hobo. I just thought people went into that section if you refused their request!

Cari

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Thomond Wed 18 May 2011 - 16:33

I'll give you a sympathy friend request Hobo.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 18 May 2011 - 16:33

Aye, I got your PM about the fella in Nigeria Hobo. I've got him covered- no worries Very Happy
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 18 May 2011 - 16:35

Notch those people aren't always bad:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCG-5fluNPo

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 18 May 2011 - 16:37

Flip Poopie bollox soloist Muppet

Just getting used to this place, can I click a button that gets to my last post so I can read on from there??<hump>
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 18 May 2011 - 16:38

I have been doing a lot of promotion for the site on twitter.

Can I just say that I have just got the best ever retweet (which is where the recipient forwards on your message to their followers)

@bbcscrumv Any chance you can RT a new sports forum now that the BBC 606 is closing down? https://www.606v2.com/ - 1800 members so far!

Basically, the official BBC ScrumV twitter account just sent out our details!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 18 May 2011 - 16:38

"Good one Nigel. Why isn't Nigel a prostitute?"

laughing
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Wed 18 May 2011 - 16:39

Notch wrote:Uh oh, lock away your daughters... good to see ya nottins y'aul mucker 8)

I never really went away, but you all knew that anyway ?

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 18 May 2011 - 16:40

Hughie - not sure about your question. For smileys click on the little yellow face above the box that you write in. All the smilies are there including hump, just click on the one you want.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 18 May 2011 - 16:40

I was wondering that, Hughie. That was one of the good things about the, er, 'other place...'

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 18 May 2011 - 16:41

We had a clue yes 8)
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 18 May 2011 - 16:42

I think if you click on the title of the thread it opens where you last posted, but if you click on the little orange box it takes you to the latest post.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 18 May 2011 - 16:45

Why can't I post in the mobile version??
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed 18 May 2011 - 16:45

hOBO Very Happy
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 18 May 2011 - 16:47

Hughie - on your mobile, scroll down the page to the bottom and click on "Classic version" and sign in there. You can then post.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed 18 May 2011 - 16:50

TEST !!
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 18 May 2011 - 16:50

No cari I'm signed in already, hence the fact I'm posting, but when I switch to mobile version it won't let me

Are we allowed to post links to our "friends" who show matches??
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 18 May 2011 - 16:53

I don't know then Hughie cause I'm using the classic version on my phone. There's a thread at the top of the main page where you can ask techie questions. Try on there.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed 18 May 2011 - 16:53

CARI -
Cari wrote:I think if you click on the title of the thread it opens where you last posted, but if you click on the little orange box it takes you to the latest post.

Nope, just added that 'TEST !!' , went out, clicked on the title thread, opened at the first post on the first page. I did like that feature in the 'other place' Crying or Very sad
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 18 May 2011 - 16:54

Okay - the mobile version is in testing at the moment (it has been for about 2 months!). When its functioning, we will let you know.

As for links, please note that anything you click on is at your own risk. WE do put on a chat box for major sporting events during the weekend and evenings - I would prefer that you post the links in there but there is nothing stopping you PMing them as well.

Not sure what we decided as a "admin" team about posting links on the forum itself but I will get back to you.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 18 May 2011 - 16:56

PenfroPete wrote:CARI -
Cari wrote:I think if you click on the title of the thread it opens where you last posted, but if you click on the little orange box it takes you to the latest post.

Nope, just added that 'TEST !!' , went out, clicked on the title thread, opened at the first post on the first page. I did like that feature in the 'other place' Crying or Very sad

If you look at the menu, on the right, it will show you the name of the thread that was last commented on. Below the title is the person who posted it. Next to that name is a very small box, with a small arrow pointing out of it to the bottom right. Click on that to take you to the last post you read.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 18 May 2011 - 17:01

Any chance you can make the name of the poster bigger, its very easy to miss who posts when the title of the article takes up so much room
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 18 May 2011 - 17:04

hughie1986 wrote:Any chance you can make the name of the poster bigger, its very easy to miss who posts when the title of the article takes up so much room

That would be good.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed 18 May 2011 - 17:07

Hobo wrote:
PenfroPete wrote:CARI -

If you look at the menu, on the right, it will show you the name of the thread that was last commented on. Below the title is the person who posted it. Next to that name is a very small box, with a small arrow pointing out of it to the bottom right. Click on that to take you to the last post you read.

furious I'll try to post this again - last one disappeared in to the Ether (net)

HOBO - that's a great feature to go to the last comment made Hug However, quite a few of us post a comment and then may not come back in for hours (or days !!). What we'd like to do is 'pick up where we left off' and have a facility to take us back to OUR last comment. I can't seem to find this - or am I being Twp Doh
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Wed 18 May 2011 - 17:08

Notch, great tune to sign off with.

I know it on the Tuba now Smile
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 18 May 2011 - 17:10

Dont think that is possible, sorry.

The things we can do (or better put, would consider to do) concern the lay out of the rugby section - ie what subsections you want etc. I had a play around with these today to make it more friendly.

I am toying with another idea at the moment regarding having the threads appear in two sections (ie the main section and the club section) but it is very time consuming - will have to talk to the mods about it.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Wed 18 May 2011 - 17:11

Penfro, I was thinking something simliar earlier. I think because of this, that maybe we should look to close pubs down when they reach a certain limit as well. this will at least keep tracking back for information some what manageable.

But that's up to Cari or who ever,

Last edited by mickyt on Wed 18 May 2011 - 17:12; edited 1 time in total
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 18 May 2011 - 17:11

Hobo, can you make me a sandwich? Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 18 May 2011 - 17:16

Penfro - it should take you to the last post you read, irrespective of when you last logged on.

No problem making a new pub thread whenever you want - I will unsticky (is that even a word) when you tell me to and sticky the new one.

Luckless - I can offer you cheese and pickle or chicken, stuffing and cranberry. Choice or Rye or White bread.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed 18 May 2011 - 17:20

HOBO - yes. the last post you READ not the last COMMENT. Crying or Very sad

OK here's a test. I'll post this, leave the office and sign on a bit later at home. I'll let you know how many pages I've had to trawl back through to find this

Wonder if you could save as a 'favourite' each time and pick it up from there. That'd be good if you only used one PC but I guess many use work, office and phone Sad
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 18 May 2011 - 17:22

What's the difference betwen last post and last comment?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Wed 18 May 2011 - 17:24

True Penfor, it's just a matter or working out different kinks until it becomes second nature to us all.

hurry up last 7 minutes. have to go home have dinner, play football, get my hair cut, catch the late swim at 10 and then pack.

busy busy
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 18 May 2011 - 17:24

Chicken and stuffing without the cranberry will do nicely! thumbsup

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 18 May 2011 - 17:25

It should do as you want Penfro.

The difference is, say you had read up to post 100.

By the time you come back on, the post count is at 150.

By clicking on the icon I mentioned, it should take you to post 100 not 150.

A couple of other things guys and gals. We have a general discussion part on the main menu - I would recommend having a look. It has lots of things like movies, music, quizzes, free stuff etc.

Made some good friends in those sections over the last few months.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed 18 May 2011 - 17:28

THOMOND - no difference, post/comment same thing.

HOBO - I'll try that later Hug
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 18 May 2011 - 17:29

Just ordered a pizza tasty put bro

Can we go off topic and auntie deletes us??
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 18 May 2011 - 17:32

We should advertise this new gaf around the place try get some new regs in, new start and all that be nice to welcome some new folk in
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 18 May 2011 - 17:41

The Queen has just laid a wreath in Croke Park to commemorate the massacre of the England rugby team four years ago.
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 18 May 2011 - 17:45

Hughie - because it's a "sticky" at the top of the RU page it won't move, everyone can see it so any new interested people can drop in anytime. You can discuss anything you want in here by the way. I suspect it'll be quiet until after the weekend when we're all partied out Very Happy

When I logged in just now, I clicked onto the main page, then my name on the RU thread and it took me to the last comment I made earlier.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 18 May 2011 - 17:48

Hah! Nice one...

Guess what? The Ulster halfbacks are gonna be the Barabarians halfbacks against England. Ruan Pienaar and Ian Humphreys!

https://www.606v2.com/t5111-baabaas-squad-taking-shape#110993

Oh yeah! That's going to be great. They've a brilliant partnership.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 18 May 2011 - 17:50

hughie1986 wrote:The Queen has just laid a wreath in Croke Park to commemorate the massacre of the England rugby team four years ago.

laughing

Cari

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty Ha Yes, Hic Prozactly.

Post by witchonapig Wed 18 May 2011 - 18:06

What kind of pub ish thish.
Anyway. Let me tell you something.
You want me to tell you something?

You know you? Yeah you. What? See, I never really liked you. You always kinda pished me off.
You know why? I'll tell you why.
And then there was that thing. You know, that thing.
So don't do it again and we'll be good as gold me ol malchick.

Good as hmmmmzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

witchonapig

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 18 May 2011 - 18:11

witchonapig, every time I read your user name I think of 'Witches Hat' by the Incredible String Band.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by witchonapig Wed 18 May 2011 - 18:16

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with them LP.
The origin is just geographical

witchonapig

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 18 May 2011 - 18:18

Don't be afraid, they're not scary! Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 18 May 2011 - 18:28

How many posts per page do we get???

Just watching Crash on sky movies, seen it once very hard hitting movie
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 18 May 2011 - 18:29

50 posts per page I think.

Hope you are enjoying the new place thumbsup

Once you get to used to it, you will wonder why people ever liked 606!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Wed 18 May 2011 - 18:56

Right Hobo I have a query, apologies if this has been raised before.

On ye olde 606, we had the 'My Member Page' where you could see directly what articles you had commented on and if anyone had replied. Is there such a feature on this forum?
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Wed 18 May 2011 - 19:01

Aha, made it Yahoo

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Wed 18 May 2011 - 19:04

Hi All
Don't expect to be in here much for the next few days, beds to make, sausages to buy, beer to get, cider to brew, Virtual Pub members to be catered for - so much to do, so little time .

🤦

It's going to be a crackin' weekend Very Happy

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next