The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Blues sign Ieuan Jones from Dragons

+3
Jhamer25
bedfordwelsh
ScarletSpiderman
7 posters

Go down

Cardiff Blues sign Ieuan Jones from Dragons Empty Cardiff Blues sign Ieuan Jones from Dragons

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jan 2014, 10:00 am

http://www.cardiffblues.com/news/6744.php

I've heard some good things about this kid, how good is this signing for the Blues? We do need a replacement 8 now that Copeland and Pretorious are leaving. At the moment I think we only have Luke Hamilton.

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues sign Ieuan Jones from Dragons Empty Re: Cardiff Blues sign Ieuan Jones from Dragons

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 16 Jan 2014, 10:31 am

A good signing by the Blues, and from the players point of view a very good move too. He will be jumping from second/third (maybe even 4th) choice at the Dragons behind Toby and Talei (and possibly Lewis Evans) to being first choice number 8 at the Blues.

Also, there has been talk of Hamilton (and recently Ellis Jenkins) leaving for the Scarlets, and Turnbull heading to the big smoke to replace him.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues sign Ieuan Jones from Dragons Empty Re: Cardiff Blues sign Ieuan Jones from Dragons

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 16 Jan 2014, 11:45 am

Yh I heard rumours about this when at Dave last weekend for the Bath game, big chance for him now as he's likely to be 1st choice for the Blues but was always going to be second choice to Toby, add to that the rumours R Jones might be coming there - though heard since he has signed for Bristol.

I would have liked to have seen I Jones or M Allan involved with 6 Nations squad as well.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Thu 16 Jan 2014, 4:34 pm

Why don't we bluddy look at Ryan Jones ffs. He is exactly what we need

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by youngguns6 Thu 16 Jan 2014, 10:50 pm

Quality player. Very very disappointed to loose him. He's far better than Talei.

Over the past two seasons he's had some really strong performances. Strong ball carrier and a hard defender.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him own the Blues 8 jersey and get in the welsh squad.

We should of seen more of him this season. All the best to him, so much potential.

youngguns6

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 17 Jan 2014, 9:30 am

youngguns6 wrote:Quality player. Very very disappointed to loose him. He's far better than Talei.

Over the past two seasons he's had some really strong performances. Strong ball carrier and a hard defender.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him own the Blues 8 jersey and get in the welsh squad.

We should of seen more of him this season. All the best to him, so much potential.

You have to feel for him though, after all as soon as Toby renewed his contract that meant that Jones would need to look elsewhere for regular starts, especially seeing as Faletau is not really that much older than him.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Fri 17 Jan 2014, 9:38 am

Add in to that the signing of Talei probably made his mind up for him.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Impossible Standards Fri 17 Jan 2014, 10:48 am

Gutted to see him go but I agree with his decision to leave. He was 3rd choice No.8 at dragons and at least he will get game time at blues. If he fulfils his potential Blues have just picked up a quality signing.
Impossible Standards
Impossible Standards

Back to top Go down

Post by Westisbest2 Mon 20 Jan 2014, 9:29 am

Jus seen this on another forum.Taranaki Rugby@taranakirugby Isaia Tuifua is off to the Cardiff Blues! Ice has played 33 games for Taranaki. Best wishes and safe travels Ice! pic.twitter.com/xhlnZVEN5z

Westisbest2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down